Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List (17290 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Made The List Of 100 World Most Influential People / Forbes Lists Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Among 100 World's Powerful Women 2022 / Teni, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Amina Mohammed, Mo Abudu Others Bag National Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by We4all: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Well deserved. whenever the thought or news of this woman comes to me, it made me to ashamed of Alisson Madueke . Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, one of the few trusted leaders we still have in this country

She was trusted but under her watch as finance minister, billions of naira was looted. Dey play.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Nicenixon: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Forbes sitting in one AC-room in US and choosing the most powerful woman in Africa? Smh.

Those people in the west, US and their follow-follow nations, really live in a different world and planet.

They chose the DG of WTO for their own Africa when in the real Africa , most people don't even know WTO let alone Dr. Okonjo-Iweala .

In same Africa where there are Female Presidents, Billionaires, Musicians, Actors, Sports personalities, Top Execs, Politicians, Royalties etc. They should be in Africa to know who is truly a powerful woman. Haba!!

They are really joking and only stopped short of giving it to HE Peter Obi who is the 2023 Africa's most profilic in giving inaccurate data and outright falsehoods. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Don't be stupid, they're talking about influential women, not rich or wealthy women. Do you think it is easy to become Director General of World Trade Organisation? Do you the numbers of politicians around the world she had to lobby before getting there or high profile people she had to contest with? In shorts, influential people will enter places with ease where rich or wealthy people can't just enter. Okonjo Iweala will enter white house elegantly whereas Dangote or your so called celebrities can't.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by yommen: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Who else remembered when yorubas wanted to compare Kemi Adeosun to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala😂😂

I don't know why they see everything as competition with Igbos. A woman that is not even qualified to carry NOI files is who they compared with her

Where is Kemi today 🥱🥱

Kemi should not be compared to Ngozi. Folorunso Alakija can. She is doing it silently with her Philanthropy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by EleventhWeirdo: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:
I said this sometimes last week and one envious demon from the waste side couldn't contain his pains rather he chose to come here and insult his parents and now Forbes has proven me right.

Are you lots mentally inept or what? Can't you see Mosunmola Abudu on the list ? Or is she from your side too? Stop projecting your diseased inferiority complex on others abeg

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by toyosiolamide(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
mrblessed:
What of Kemi Adeosun, the prolific certificate forger?
And Alison Madueke, the notorious thief😋

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Themanleshey: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
dangermouse:
Congratulations to her even though she deserves better than this.

You can rig her to the top now , like you did in the last election in all over eastern region . From bottom to the top .

🤡
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by We4all: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
SoNature:

Please where are Arunma Oteh and Omobola Johnson? Goodluck Jonathan worked with bright minds. Buhari took Nigeria back to the stone ages while Tinubu is the chairman of tribalism.

Bright, but corrupt minds.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Itzteewhy(m): 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Forbes sitting in one AC-room in US and choosing the most powerful woman in Africa? Smh.

Those people in the west, US and their follow-follow nations, really live in a different world and planet.

They chose the DG of WTO for their own Africa when in the real Africa , most people don't even know WTO let alone Dr. Okonjo-Iweala .

In same Africa where there are Female Presidents, Billionaires, Musicians, Actors, Sports personalities, Top Execs, Politicians, Royalties etc. They should be in Africa to know who is truly a powerful woman. Haba!!

They are really joking and only stopped short of giving it to HE Peter Obi who is the 2023 Africa's most profilic in giving inaccurate data and outright falsehoods. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Omo na hatred go kill your paps las las...

Despicable bigot!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by grandstar(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2023
yommen:

You can go and remove it. Or go to court. The earlier you realise that Yorubas achieve without making unnecessary noise, the better for you.

Stop the tribal rant. I am Yoruba.

What makes her top 100 influencers? Stop supporting your own blindly

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

So you are equally a troll.. unbelievable. I'm so disappointed
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Gentlelox: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
e rly pain u o...

How u take hate entire tribe lyk this?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Henry22(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Are you lots mentally inept or what? Can't you see Mosunmola Abudu on the list ? Or is she from your side too? Stop projecting your diseased inferiority complex on others abeg

Na Forbes talk am and me I chose who I felt like choosing so please you can go board a flight and go fight them in Thier home country olodo, anything good news that doesn't align with you people gives you lots hbp, useless envious fallen demons.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Chochovini: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2023
mrblessed:
What of Kemi Adeosun, the prolific certificate forger?
. Chai... Truth is, I really missed that lady‘s fluent speech sha. After Labaran Maku, former Minister of info under GEJ.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2023
Botragelad:

I reckon this bloke is not alright. This is like the 3rd comment I've seen without you making any sense!
Don't you know what Forbes is or are you just acting like a plonker?

Forbes is not the only one who recognises Dr. Okonjo-Iweala as a powerful woman in Africa. She has been listed as one of the world's most influential leaders by Time, one of the 25 most influential women by Financial Times, and Minister of the Decade by Nigeria's This Day newspaper.
She is also the first woman and the first African to lead the World Trade Organization as Director-General.

She is not just a DG of WTO for their own Africa. She is an economist and international development expert with over 30 years of experience. She has held leadership and advisory positions in scores of international, nongovernmental, and charitable organizations, including the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI); the African Union, as chair of the African Risk Capacity Group, an agency established to help African countries prepare for and respond to extreme weather events and other natural disasters—and as a special envoy to negotiate international financial assistance for combating the COVID-19 pandemic; the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate; the International Commission on Financing Global Education; the Rockefeller Foundation; and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. You think this is your regular corruption trash,eh!

Aside that, she was also briefly the country's Foreign Minister in 2006. First Nigerian woman to serve in both positions. She also ran for the presidency of the World Bank in 2012, the first contested election for that position, which is traditionally held by an American. Is that a joke to you?

Before you slag off the lady, maybe you should do some research and learn some facts. She is not a joke, she is a legend.

FreeStuffsNG no well na. Are you just knowing?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by CJStarz: 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
Detective Kemi Olunloyo no dey for that list.
Why?
I shall go to court over that!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by kad199: 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Who else remembered when yorubas wanted to compare Kemi Adeosun to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala😂😂

I don't know why they see everything as competition with Igbos. A woman that is not even qualified to carry NOI files is who they compared with her

Where is Kemi today 🥱🥱
She has forged her way out of the country grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by frog12: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2023
besides paying our debts, what has she achieved
any fool can negotiate debt payments with a discount

Botragelad:

I reckon this bloke is not alright. This is like the 3rd comment I've seen without you making any sense!
Don't you know what Forbes is or are you just acting like a plonker?

Forbes is not the only one who recognises Dr. Okonjo-Iweala as a powerful woman in Africa. She has been listed as one of the world's most influential leaders by Time, one of the 25 most influential women by Financial Times, and Minister of the Decade by Nigeria's This Day newspaper.
She is also the first woman and the first African to lead the World Trade Organization as Director-General.

She is not just a DG of WTO for their own Africa. She is an economist and international development expert with over 30 years of experience. She has held leadership and advisory positions in scores of international, nongovernmental, and charitable organizations, including the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI); the African Union, as chair of the African Risk Capacity Group, an agency established to help African countries prepare for and respond to extreme weather events and other natural disasters—and as a special envoy to negotiate international financial assistance for combating the COVID-19 pandemic; the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate; the International Commission on Financing Global Education; the Rockefeller Foundation; and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. You think this is your regular corruption trash,eh!

Aside that, she was also briefly the country's Foreign Minister in 2006. First Nigerian woman to serve in both positions. She also ran for the presidency of the World Bank in 2012, the first contested election for that position, which is traditionally held by an American. Is that a joke to you?

Before you slag off the lady, maybe you should do some research and learn some facts. She is not a joke, she is a legend.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by frog12: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
Okonjo Iweala will enter white house elegantly whereas Dangote or your so called celebrities can't.

na achievement be dis? I pity these group. we gave her the chance and the economy is still in the toilet grin grin grin

Nicenixon:
Don't be stupid, they're talking about influential women, not rich or wealthy women. Do you think it is easy to become Director General of World Trade Organisation? Do you the numbers of politicians around the world she had to lobby before getting there or high profile people she had to contest with? In shorts, influential people will enter places with ease where rich or wealthy people can't just enter. Okonjo Iweala will enter white house elegantly whereas Dangote or your so called celebrities can't.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Mac2016(m): 8:58pm On Dec 06, 2023
Justiceori2019:

https://dailytrust.com/full-list-okonjo-iweala-mo-abudu-forbes-100-worlds-most-powerful-women/
No Engineering at all. That's why engineers needs of our insights adjusted.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Officialenny1: 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
Ghanians, South Africans and Cameroonians were una dey ... Jealous and vindictive folks
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by viodemus: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2023
Emetex22:

No be only Edo blood, they also have Python and fish blood in their DNA, hypocrisy at its best

You just talk my mind. See famzing.

edo state I respect, due to my uniben days; but edo no even be the whole state tribe.

Okonjo Iwela is a 100% igbo. No be small thing.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by VULCAN(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
There are people who are articulate but lack critical thinking abilities.

There are people that can string words together but cannot build an intellectually sound argument.

You are one of such people.

Reading your contributions can actually reduce ones IQ if done consistently.

Let me speak plainly, you are dumb.

You focused on Okonjo and ignored Mo for two obvious reasons.

1.She is Igbo and (2) she remains the most influential former minister Nigeria has ever had, she is a reminder to your ilk of the great strides the PDP govt made.

Meanwhile, no former APC minister can call the leader of common Estonia whereas Okonjo can speak directly to the President of the United States.

You and your party are mediocres.

Jackass

FreeStuffsNG:

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by dangermouse(m): 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
yommen:

Deserves more? What's more than 'most' again? You people will never be satisfied no matter!

Who are the people?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by dangermouse(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
Themanleshey:

You can rig her to the top now , like you did in the last election in all over eastern region . From bottom to the top .

🤡

Are you not Nigerian and is she not Nigerian?
What is bringing in the Eastern region into this matter including rigging?

Some one who deserves more is an encouragement if you don't know. The joke is on you!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by pritypresh00: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2023
She deserves it kudos to her, anyway click on the link below to follow my face book page and stand a chance to win 5k this December
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by pritypresh00: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2023
[quote author=pritypresh00 post=127355188]She deserves it kudos to her, anyway click on the link below to follow my face book page and stand a chance to win 5k this December https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100084652845472
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Julius1995(m): 12:34am On Dec 07, 2023
God bless you. She actually deserves to be in Top 20 by any metric. McKinzie Scott was in Top 20 for what exactly?
dangermouse:
Congratulations to her even though she deserves better than this.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by sharone21(f): 1:19am On Dec 07, 2023
VULCAN:
There are people who are articulate but lack critical thinking abilities.

There are people that can string words together but cannot build an intellectually sound argument.

You are one of such people.

Reading your contributions can actually reduce ones IQ if done consistently.

Let me speak plainly, you are dumb.

You focused on Okonjo and ignored Mo for two obvious reasons.

1.She is Igbo and (2) she remains the most influential former minister Nigeria has ever had, she is a reminder to your ilk of the great strides the PDP govt made.

Meanwhile, no former APC minister can call the leader of common Estonia whereas Okonjo can speak directly to the President of the United States.

You and your party are mediocres.

Jackass

She is Igbo by MARRIAGE.

We ANIOMAS are Binis..... Few of us are Igalas & Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Scarfin(m): 1:43am On Dec 07, 2023
Zooposki:

Delta Amaka. Anioma Amaka. Most of them are also mixed with Edo blood.

Mumu!
Delta is a state created in Abuja by Neocolonialists, just like Abịa, Anambra, Imo....

Delta or Enugu is not a race or tribe. igbo is! Mumu!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by Hezmatosky: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Well deserved. whenever the thought or news of this woman comes to me, it made me to ashamed of Alisson Madueke . Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, one of the few trusted leaders we still have in this country
That's the difference between Taye Taiwo and Lionel Messi grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:40am On Dec 07, 2023
Hezmatosky:

That's the difference between Taye Taiwo and Lionel Messi grin
chaiiii I see, this is serious oh
Re: Okonjo-Iweala, Mo Abudu Make Forbes’ 100 World’s Most Powerful Women List by dangermouse(m): 10:00am On Dec 07, 2023
Julius1995:
God bless you. She actually deserves to be in Top 20 by any metric. McKinzie Scott was in Top 20 for what exactly?

I think for her worth in cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts / Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs / ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.