Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT (17929 Views)

2023 Elections: Google Launches Nigeria Elections Trends Hub / CELLCORE Launches AI Solution To Enhance Online-gaming Experience In Nigeria / Google Launches Three New Photography Apps.techtips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Gonz: 4:22am On Dec 07, 2023
Good morning my good people πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘βœ…βœ…

We don open for today business sales and supply.

Feel free to contact us

πŸ“žπŸ“±08101691787

Please we are always available and in for legit business delivery 🚚🚚🚚

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by seeyounow3: 4:44am On Dec 07, 2023
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Fryx: 4:49am On Dec 07, 2023
jowhyte:
For me ChatGPT still beats Google Bard so far for now.

Bard is more intuitive than chatGPT. Especially for coding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Greenfusion: 5:03am On Dec 07, 2023
Google bard has sincerely improved recently, i hope they get this one right....but openAi still rugged
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by TheOgaBoss: 5:13am On Dec 07, 2023
femi4:
For academic purpose, use bard/bing
For non academic purpose, use chatgpt
is bard not powered by chatgpt.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Geovanni412(m): 5:37am On Dec 07, 2023
jowhyte:
For me ChatGPT still beats Google Bard so far for now.

I disagree on this....

Bard is better than chatgpt (free) for research

Even claudeai is better than chatgpt for research

Claude ai will give you accurate references for your work and bard has a feature where you can check the work online directly and read more about it.

You can also upload files and ask questions about it on Claude ai

All these are missing from chatgpt (free)

2 Likes

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Geovanni412(m): 5:41am On Dec 07, 2023
kkins25:

I don't think so. From what i've gathered, the AI is no longer just predicting what to produce, it can now sort of "think" about what's it's producing, and understand that it's producing.
So, If it want's to start a sentence, say, for example:

I..
the most likely word might be "am." This is what it does. However, from the hint by Sam, and all the gossip on Reddit, it's not just predicting based on most probable outcome, instead, it's figuring out why "am" should come next.

Let's say it has a better accuracy. I highly doubt AGI has been developed, but ChatGPT's q might be the step up. Check out Claude.ai's 2.1. It's also a beast.

So far so good, Claude.ai 2.1 is the only generative Ai that can produce human-like sentences without too much tweaking. I could only get ChatGPT 4 to generate human content that looked 60% AI. But, I'm using it for work, and clients normally scan for AI. Hence the switch to Claude. But, Claude hallucinates a lot more than ChatGPT.

I've used Claude ai and i would rank it as #2 for research behind bard

Bing was loading too slow, so I've never used it

Could you post a link of a chat you had where Claude ai was hallucinating?

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by owolabi5: 5:46am On Dec 07, 2023
cool
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Checkwell: 6:08am On Dec 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Google is making moves.
I like this.

I dedicate β€œI Like Dat” by T-Pain feat. Kehlani to Google.
Great jam!

Lame!
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by HighTable(m): 6:26am On Dec 07, 2023
That's exactly the potential goal. They say it's generative when the platforms may be connecting to some advanced technology not known to the public, perhaps some alien space stations in the sky or deep sea who knows.

Namaster:
Capitalist institutions should NOT be allowed to develop AIs. Especially monopolistic behemoths like Google.

When advancements in AI intersects with advancements in robotics as is currently the case, humans will soon be slaves to machine overlords.

Not in the way we are already slaves to phones and social media, either. Like slave slave. Like picking cotton under a hot sun slave.

The TV show Person of Interest clearly shows a definitive picture of the dystopia that awaits humanity WHEN AI goes rogue.

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by DrAda(f): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2023
luminouz:

You lie 😑

Ok
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Birniwa(m): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2023
No matter how hard they try, I think getting any sizeable market share is really going to be hard for them. Being FIRST in the market really matters!
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by KushLyon(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2023
Well,for coding I think bard is better because I just tried both now and Chatgpt kept giving me old syntax. I even asked it if I can use a new syntax I recently discovered and it said no, but bard gave me the new syntax before I even asked for it and showed me examples on how to use it. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and one more thing I love about bard is that it gives you references and resources to learn more
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Offpoint1: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2023
DrAda:
Used bard recently. Bard is light years behind ChatGPT
Tried months ago and realized it's crap. No AI beats ChatGPT.

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by KushLyon(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2023
Fryx:

Bard is more intuitive than chatGPT. Especially for coding.

This is what many people don't know. Chatgpt that isn't up-to-date with modern coding practices and syntax, unless you're using gpt-4 which isn't free
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Fryx: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2023
KushLyon:

This is what many people don't know. Chatgpt that isn't up-to-date with modern coding practices and syntax, unless you're using gpt-4 which isn't free

Sometimes, I will want to work on different scenarios, which uses a similar coding syntax. I will usually work on the first scenario, and to avoid the stress of repeating for the rest, I will ask chatGPT to complete it for me using the first one as a reference. I will give it all the details it need. Do you know what that β€œlazyGPT” does?

It will simply explain what I have done, and repeat it while leaving comment for me to continue. Like, I asked you to complete a task and you are sending it back to me as is. lol.

Bard usually understood it and sometimes will even give me a better approach. I learn more algorithm and syntax from interacting with Bard than reading or watching tutorials.

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Officer4: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2023
Danisaint112:

Now this up there is my favourite part in the whole article I just read. This is a welcome development.

The free one called bard is already serving me well and I rate it 3X better than Chat GPT-4 anytime anyday (for some reasons).

Here are my reasons:
Google owns bard and with this there is no limit to the amount of information you can fetch or access from Google using bard.

If you know your way around SEO trust you can use Bard to do some crazy shit and pull out some crazy information.

I constantly use this ai machine to steal google's most protected data (what the big boys pay thousand of dolls for) πŸ˜πŸ€‘

I don't know if anyone has discovered this but I did on my own and even if anyone has we are definitely not many.

And with this presentation, phot and video recognition ability for Gemini, the deal done. My greatest problem has been solved.

Don't come mentions to tell you anything pls πŸ™ƒ this secret is reserved for only my family. Nigerians to dey cast abeg... 😁

Me revealing this to you is already enough expo. Do with this information whatever you wish.

How can I access bard for free, the way we access chatgpt for free.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by MisterKennedy(m): 8:26am On Dec 07, 2023
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by amoreobansu: 9:00am On Dec 07, 2023
Think9ja:
These are the real software developers.

No be all these 9ja guys weh no go let us rest for twitter because them do one small website..

I swear we are just bunch of noisemakers in this country. Something other nations have achieved 30yrs ago, once we achieve it, we won't let social media space rest. I remember some few years back when some mechanical engineering students of ABU produce a car or so, the way we made noise about it then, you'll think we were the first nation on earth to do it. We no sabi anything for this country, make we no deceive ourselves.

Which programming language we don create? Like seriously, apart from web and mobile apps wetin we sabi again?

If I see the way weh 9ja guys de make noise for twitter about being software engineers ehn, I de look them like mumu

Truly, empty vessel make the loudest noise.

Wowwwww
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Blakjewelry(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2023
JASONjnr:
The earlier Launch of Gemini was a flop..... How will that beat ChatGPT.

Were did you see gemini launched, bard was released at the heat of the moment when chatgpt was launched, Google have more advanced Ai they keeping at deep mind I won't say keeping more like that are still working on. A format Google staff that head that department claim Google lambda has gone sentient which Google keep denying though he was sacked later, you can search for the leak chat with Google lambda.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2023
JASONjnr:
The earlier Launch of Gemini was a flop..... How will that beat ChatGPT?

Google should rest abeg!

They will now force that nonsense AI to all its android devices..... Like the useless Google assistance.

Except your prompt entry is sketchy.

Promting enables the AI to source for real-time authentication and response.

An unintelligent person criticizing an intelligent innovation...no be juju be that?

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by DrAda(f): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2023
Offpoint1:

Tried months ago and realized it's crap. No AI beats ChatGPT.

I very much agree. At this point, chatgpt is my personal virtual assistant.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by KushLyon(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2023
Fryx:

Sometimes, I will want to work on different scenarios, which uses a similar coding syntax. I will usually work on the first scenario, and to avoid the stress of repeating for the rest, I will ask chatGPT to complete it for me using the first one as a reference. I will give it all the details it need. Do you know what that β€œlazyGPT” does?

It will simply explain what I have done, and repeat it while leaving comment for me to continue. Like, I asked you to complete a task and you are sending it back to me as is. lol.

Bard usually understood it and sometimes will even give me a better approach. I learn more algorithm and syntax from interacting with Bard than reading or watching tutorials.

grin it's indeed lazyGPT. I just asked it now how I can add caption to an image in markdown and it gave me a solution that didn't work. Meanwhile, bard gave me the right answer and also an alternative in case the first solution didn't work. Both solutions worked. Bard is king!

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by KushLyon(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2023
Officer4:

How can I access bard for free, the way we access chatgpt for free.

https://bard.google.com/chat
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by femi4: 10:44am On Dec 07, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
is bard not powered by chatgpt.
gpt4 not 3
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Officer4: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2023
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Woodshot: 11:26am On Dec 07, 2023
Danisaint112:

Now this up there is my favourite part in the whole article I just read. This is a welcome development.

The free one called bard is already serving me well and I rate it 3X better than Chat GPT-4 anytime anyday (for some reasons).

Here are my reasons:
Google owns bard and with this there is no limit to the amount of information you can fetch or access from Google using bard.

If you know your way around SEO trust you can use Bard to do some crazy shit and pull out some crazy information.

I constantly use this ai machine to steal google's most protected data (what the big boys pay thousand of dolls for) πŸ˜πŸ€‘

I don't know if anyone has discovered this but I did on my own and even if anyone has we are definitely not many.

And with this presentation, phot and video recognition ability for Gemini, the deal done. My greatest problem has been solved.

Don't come mentions to tell you anything pls πŸ™ƒ this secret is reserved for only my family. Nigerians to dey cast abeg... 😁

Me revealing this to you is already enough expo. Do with this information whatever you wish.

I know this expo makes money but which way to follow ain't got no clue.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
Geovanni412:

I've used Claude ai and i would rank it as #2 for research behind bard

Bing was loading too slow, so I've never used it

Could you post a link of a chat you had where Claude ai was hallucinating?

No No... Caude.ai isn't meant for research since it cannot access the internet. It can, however, supply you with information from it's database, which in reality, is the same as that used in Bard and Bing. The difference is that Bard and bing are, more or less, AI search engines. For academic purposes, I'l recommend perplexity.ai.

Claude.ai and ChatGPT, are generative: That is, they pretend to come up with thoughts and have conversation. So, they are in a different league than Bard and Bing AI.

hmmmm...okay, when i encounter another one. but this is common na, when it presents false information---that's hallucinating.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Abyounghammed(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
ScamDemicEra:
... people using this are actually helping to polish and oil the gun they'll be shot with !!!!!

May OLODUMARE hasten the expiry date.

They are the dumb that makes the society a trap, they are not different from a rat that get stuck at the sight or smell or fish and meat
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Fighttillvictory: 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
MATRIX!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[uncensored Video] Watch No Mercy In Mexico Video Father Son Twitter Tiktok / 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life / Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.