Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,947 members, 7,828,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT (17927 Views)

2023 Elections: Google Launches Nigeria Elections Trends Hub / CELLCORE Launches AI Solution To Enhance Online-gaming Experience In Nigeria / Google Launches Three New Photography Apps.techtips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
Anonimoux:
Nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing can beat ChatGPT... I won't leave ChatGPT for any Other AI ChatBot..
Depends on use case, but I agree. ChatGPT is too robust. Dalle-3,Plugins,GPTs, Voice to speech, audio chat, etc... For now, Open AI is top dog!
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by tolulope967: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Still Bard gives real-time authentic information than generic ChatGPT, although the later has stepped up, especially on its paid version ChatGPT plus.Still Bard gives real-time authentic information than generic ChatGPT, although the later has stepped up, especially on its paid version ChatGPT plus....
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Geovanni412(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
kkins25:

No No... Caude.ai isn't meant for research since it cannot access the internet. It can, however, supply you with information from it's database, which in reality, is the same as that used in Bard and Bing. The difference is that Bard and bing are, more or less, AI search engines. For academic purposes, I'l recommend perplexity.ai.

Claude.ai and ChatGPT, are generative: That is, they pretend to come up with thoughts and have conversation. So, they are in a different league than Bard and Bing AI.

hmmmm...okay, when i encounter another one. but this is common na, when it presents false information---that's hallucinating.

I've used perplexity.ai

It doesn't bring up answers to questions and it doesn't reference journals

If you put the same information in claude ai and in perplexity.ai,

Claude ai will give you more quality references to work with

Rather than use perplexity.ai for references, it is better to use elicit.org, which will provide you with some sort of information about the topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Officer4:

How can I access bard for free, the way we access chatgpt for free.

Bard is 100% free and that's where it's beats Chat GPT
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
Woodshot:

I know this expo makes money but which way to follow ain't got no clue.

Oya let me drop tiny expo for you. You know Google keyword planner right? You can access every damn information in it from bard. Same with YouTube (in terms of keywords) without paying shi shi.

This is just a tip of the ice berg... πŸ‘Œ Have a nice day.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 2:16am On Dec 08, 2023
Danisaint112:

I guess you can't beat the price. but, ChatGpt 4 remains the king of all chatbots. Even Googles latest model only beats chatGPT 3.5 by a few points.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Anonimoux: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2023
kkins25:
Depends on use case, but I agree. ChatGPT is too robust. Dalle-3,Plugins,GPTs, Voice to speech, audio chat, etc... For now, Open AI is top dog!
No Cappings.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by BBIA: 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
jowhyte:
For me ChatGPT still beats Google Bard so far for now.
They are not talking of Google Bard.

It’s Gemini.

Google Gemini
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by martineverest(m): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
kkins25:

I don't think so. From what i've gathered, the AI is no longer just predicting what to produce, it can now sort of "think" about what's it's producing, and understand that it's producing.
So, If it want's to start a sentence, say, for example:

I..
the most likely word might be "am." This is what it does. However, from the hint by Sam, and all the gossip on Reddit, it's not just predicting based on most probable outcome, instead, it's figuring out why "am" should come next.

Let's say it has a better accuracy. I highly doubt AGI has been developed, but ChatGPT's q might be the step up. Check out Claude.ai's 2.1. It's also a beast.

So far so good, Claude.ai 2.1 is the only generative Ai that can produce human-like sentences without too much tweaking. I could only get ChatGPT 4 to generate human content that looked 60% AI. But, I'm using it for work, and clients normally scan for AI. Hence the switch to Claude. But, Claude hallucinates a lot more than ChatGPT.
Claud 2.1 isn't even closer to GPT4 capabilities.gooogles Gemini ultra is the only AI that's close to GPT4...AGI is the reason why Altman was sacked at openAI.... openAI has achieved singularity as we speak

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by martineverest(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Danisaint112:

copilot is also. Free..... advanced Bard isn t going to be free either

Free Bard is based on Gemini pro ,same as free chatgpt that's based on gpt3.5
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 12:12am On Dec 09, 2023
martineverest:
Claud 2.1 isn't even closer to GPT4 capabilities.gooogles Gemini ultra is the only AI that's close to GPT4...AGI is the reason why Altman was sacked at openAI.... openAI has achieved singularity as we speak

Overall, ChatGPT4 turbo, is the best. The best because it comes with many other perks, Dalle, plugins, and options for customization. OpenAi is trying to give ChatGPT a little bit of everything so that it is an all purpose AI.

In task solving, Claude 2.1 is better, for example, in mathematics and coding, the benchmarks shows Claude 2.1 to perform better. Claude 2.1 can also comprehend longer text much better than ChatGPT 4 turbo. It can handle as much as 200k tokens per prompt. This outmatches ChatGPT4 turbo by Farrrr.....

I generated 6k words, 2k per session on Claude 2.1 and it was marvellous. I tried this with ChatGpT4 turbo, and it kept repeating shit. ChatGPT has short term memory, meaning it often forgets the instructions it's supposed to work with. Remember, I use this to generate very lengthy text and for very lengthy conversations.

Plus, Claude 2.1 is the only AI currently available that can mimick human-level writing. I know because, I've been using this everyday. 6k worth of words so far, and even Gptzero.com affirms that my content is 100% human-written. The best I've gotten with ChatGPT4 turbo is about 30% human-written. No matter how many times I tweak the prompt. Bear in mind I'm also not the average prompt writer.

Overall, ChatGPT is preferable unless you want something specific.

And, no. Singularity hasn't been reached. You dey whine me ni? You know what that means? Kindly read the transcript of Sam's interview when the issue with board members happened. it was just a sleek move to get the investment funds up. I've already described what the new feat they've reached in another comment. Here it is:

kkins25:

I don't think so. From what i've gathered, the AI is no longer just predicting what to produce, it can now sort of "think" about what's it's producing, and understand that it's producing.
So, If it want's to start a sentence, say, for example:

I..
the most likely word might be "am." This is what it does. However, from the hint by Sam, and all the gossip on Reddit, it's not just predicting based on most probable outcome, instead, it's figuring out why "am" should come next.

Let's say it has a better accuracy. I highly doubt AGI has been developed, but ChatGPT's q might be the step up. Check out Claude.ai's 2.1. It's also a beast.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by martineverest(m): 6:01am On Dec 09, 2023
kkins25:

Overall, ChatGPT4 turbo, is the best. The best because it comes with many other perks, Dalle, plugins, and options for customization. OpenAi is trying to give ChatGPT a little bit of everything so that it is an all purpose AI.

In task solving, Claude 2.1 is better, for example, in mathematics and coding, the benchmarks shows Claude 2.1 to perform better. Claude 2.1 can also comprehend longer text much better than ChatGPT 4 turbo. It can handle as much as 200k tokens per prompt. This outmatches ChatGPT4 turbo by Farrrr.....

I generated 6k words, 2k per session on Claude 2.1 and it was marvellous. I tried this with ChatGpT4 turbo, and it kept repeating shit. ChatGPT has short term memory, meaning it often forgets the instructions it's supposed to work with. Remember, I use this to generate very lengthy text and for very lengthy conversations.

Plus, Claude 2.1 is the only AI currently available that can mimick human-level writing. I know because, I've been using this everyday. 6k worth of words so far, and even Gptzero.com affirms that my content is 100% human-written. The best I've gotten with ChatGPT4 turbo is about 30% human-written. No matter how many times I tweak the prompt. Bear in mind I'm also not the average prompt writer.

Overall, ChatGPT is preferable unless you want something specific.

And, no. Singularity hasn't been reached. You dey whine me ni? You know what that means? Kindly read the transcript of Sam's interview when the issue with board members happened. it was just a sleek move to get the investment funds up. I've already described what the new feat they've reached in another comment. Here it is:

I guess u havent heard about openAI Q*......that's the AGI breakthrough that brought about Sam's sacking

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
martineverest:
I guess u havent heard about openAI Q*......that's the AGI breakthrough that brought about Sam's sacking

I've also heard of the spaghetti monster..
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2023
martineverest:
copilot is also. Free..... advanced Bard isn t going to be free either

Free Bard is based on Gemini pro ,same as free chatgpt that's based on gpt3.5

Well you are right. But here Is my point. There is a lot you could do with Bard if you intend fetching information from Google and YouTube compared to Chat GPT-4.5.

Chat GPT-4.5 works best for general prompt. Bard works well for general prompt and exceptional when it comes to Google a d YT data if you know your way around it.

Mind you I have tested the two of them. Chat GPT is damn strict with it's response but with Bard their is less freedom.

There are just so many stuff to love it for. But trust me, the pro version Gemini is going to be crazy. πŸ‘Œ

This are my opinion though. No hard feelings.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by martineverest(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2023
Danisaint112:

Well you are right. But here Is my point. There is a lot you could do with Bard if you intend fetching information from Google and YouTube compared to Chat GPT-4.5.

Chat GPT-4.5 works best for general prompt. Bard works well for general prompt and exceptional when it comes to Google a d YT data if you know your way around it.

Mind you I have tested the two of them. Chat GPT is damn strict with it's response but with Bard their is less freedom.

There are just so many stuff to love it for. But trust me, the pro version Gemini is going to be crazy. πŸ‘Œ

This are my opinion though. No hard feelings.
there is no chatgpt 4.5 yet
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2023
martineverest:
there is no chatgpt 4.5 yet

My mistake. I actually got confused by the 3.5 version. But here is the thing, google new chat bot Gemini would definitely be better than ChatGPT when fully released.

You can take this to the bank. I haven't had time to try it though because bard is still serving me well but from reports flying around the internet, Gemini it is said to be freaking smarter than Chat GPT-4.

For starters you can read this article below πŸ‘‡
https://www.businessinsider.com/gemini-ultra-google-ai-smarter-than-openai-gpt-4-2023-12.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by boosthill1: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
I got confused by the 3.5 version. But here is the thing, google new chatbot Gemini would be better than ChatGPT when fully released.wink

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Danisaint112:

My mistake. I actually got confused by the 3.5 version. But here is the thing, google new chat bot Gemini would definitely be better than ChatGPT when fully released.

You can take this to the bank. I haven't had time to try it though because bard is still serving me well but from reports flying around the internet, Gemini it is said to be freaking smarter than Chat GPT-4.

For starters you can read this article below πŸ‘‡
https://www.businessinsider.com/gemini-ultra-google-ai-smarter-than-openai-gpt-4-2023-12.

That's like saying Samsung S24 will be better than iPhone 13.
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
kkins25:

That's like saying Samsung S24 will be better than iPhone 13.

Iphone user abi lover done show πŸ˜‚

Iphone ain't the best phone in quality. S23 camera even beat Iphone 14 camera πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by kkins25(m): 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
Danisaint112:

Iphone user abi lover done show πŸ˜‚

Iphone ain't the best phone in quality. S23 camera even beat iPhone 14 camera πŸ˜‚
No oh, I'm just questioning the logic. I hate iPhones since iPhone 6.

1 Like

Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Danisaint112(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2023
kkins25:
No oh, I'm just questioning the logic. I hate iPhones since iPhone 6.

Alright πŸ‘
Re: Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT by Atonilaw(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18
Fantastic in my view. I already checked these proposed https://coursepivot.com/humanize-ai-content-cheap-service. The one thing I have noted in this whole thing, we need each other when humanize AI content comes in handy.
martineverest:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[uncensored Video] Watch No Mercy In Mexico Video Father Son Twitter Tiktok / 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life / Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.