Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? (5106 Views)

‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by lilkech(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
just as the title says, i will need advice on what toys to get for a male and female toddler that will hold their attention for more than 6 months and will not have any negative effect on them at all both now and in the future.
i have twins (a boy and girl) of just 2years old. I have gotten them toys before (those jingling cells and noise makers that holds babies attention) but now i need to up the game.
For the girl i am thinking of getting her a doll but i am afraid that my baby girl will get used to nudity at such a tender age while playing with dolls (especially while she tries to UnCloth and dress them) so i need another alternative.
for my boy i have decided to get him either a football or a toy gun. But then i do not have enough space in my house for him to play with the ball and i am afraid that getting him a toy gun will only teach him that the trigger of the 'real deal' will feel much better to pull, i am afraid it might have an adverse effect on him in latter years to come. Plus i have a licensed pistol which i hide in my room.
I need suggestions on what other good toys are out there that silk keep the kids occupied for most of the day as i and my wife are quite busy and the house help is very young.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by ada24: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
ur post made me laugh - about the doll.

anyway take a look at this website to get some ideas

http://www.elc.co.uk/
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by blank(f): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2011
For large motor skills
Choose toys that emphasize coordination and balance, and build arm and leg strength.
•Push or pull toys: Try pretend lawn mowers, shopping carts, or vacuums; baby carriages; animals on a string; a light wheelbarrow.
•Ride-on toys: These require foot power and can help improve balance. Choose wagons, wide low-to-the-ground vehicles (without pedals at first, then low tricycles once your child can reach them, around age 3 or 4). Avoid battery-powered ride-on toys (aside from safety concerns, it's better for your child to get the exercise).
•Sports equipment: Playing catch improves hand-eye coordination and involves running, too. Start with large rubber and foam balls. Kicking the ball is also important.
•Action toys: A low plastic structure that includes a slide and climbable surfaces can be kept indoors or out. (If you don't have room for it, playground visits are a good alternative.) Also consider play tunnels, swings, spinning seats, sofa cushions arranged as an obstacle course, or large cardboard cartons to crawl through.
•Rockers: Rocking horses, rocking vehicles, and rocking chairs all provide the foundation for imaginative play.

For fine motor skills
Choose toys that involve hand-eye coordination. Your child may not be adept at fine-motor action yet, but this kind of play provides practice.
•Art supplies: Always make available different types of paper and large-sized crayons and pencils, sidewalk chalk, watercolors, washable markers, coloring books, and play clay.
•Toys that make patterns: Felt boards, magnetic boards, peg boards with large pegs, and matching games involve precise hand movements.
•Stacking and building toys: Any kind of blocks work well (wooden, plastic, foam, cardboard), as do stacking cups and rings (baby toy holdovers that young preschoolers still enjoy). Shape sorters that allow a child to sort by color and shape appeal to younger preschoolers.
•Toys to manipulate: At 2, your child may still enjoy knobbed wood pieces but is getting ready to move onto jigsaws of up to 20 pieces or foam puzzles with large interlocking pieces. Also good: Lacing cards, large threading beads, tea sets, musical instruments.

Culled from http://www.babycenter.com/0_toys-that-boost-physical-development_3659016.bc

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by DaDoctor: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
A VIBRATOR!

Buhahahahahahahhahahahha.

Dont mind me 'LUDO OR WHOT ' Will do.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by yme1(f): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
There is this toy, i don't know what its called but you can build anything with it
I think its cool and creative so try that out for ur kids
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by 27naira(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
get them crayons (non-poisonous wax) let them get creative.
for the lady, you can get her a barbie doll with sown in cloths as well.
Football (soft rubber) is ok for the boy

please if you have a di[b]l[/b]do, hide it away from your son as well not only the pistol  grin
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Koolking(m): 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

A Gadget!

Buhahahahahahahhahahahha.

Dont mind me 'LUDO OR WHOT ' Will do.

Whaaaaat! Da doc @ whot or Ludo

I had in mind BB for the girl, Ipad and or iphone for the boy

just a suggestion since those are the in-things now
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
AK 47 for the boy cos Niger Delta Militants are the richest guys around

The girl, Blackberry
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by lekyar(m): 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
y me:

There is this toy, i don't know what its called but you can build anything with it
I think its cool and creative so try that out for your kids

Legos u meant
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by DaDoctor: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
lekyar:

Legos u meant

NOPE. THAT SHUD BE 'SNAKE AND LADDER'

U can go up on it and then get drawn back by the snake
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Reference(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
Monopoly of course. Give them a head start in the rat race. No dulling oh.  Btw Snakes and ladders is also good if you want them to be future politicians.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by passionate88: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
if u re a niger deltan buy a gun for ur son nd a mini skirt for d gal, yoruba a carving knife for the boy (to sell meat) n enof soap for d gal (to bath with) an igbo dude, just give them calculator an hausa buy bomb for d guy (for future jihad) nd buy gun for urself to chase those paedophiles from ur daughter,
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by minute(f): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
Push pull toys definitely.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Guardian(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
Leap Frog

Got this for my daughter http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12080257&findingMethod=rr It's available in Park'n Shop

If you want more check out Walmart Learning toys

Toys must be interactive and engaging.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Tolulop001(f): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
Reference:

Monopoly of course. Give them a head start in the rat race. No dulling oh.  Btw Snakes and ladders is also good if you want them to be future politicians.

correct . . .
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Smilenw(f): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^ At such young age?

I guess big coloured wooden blocks will be good for both. Kids this age loves stacking and can further help them to learn counting etc
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
Benson
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by lilkech(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^ na ur type dey carry dia pikin go 'ashawo' house for xmas groove, Nonsense
Thanx to all who helped with meaningful posts.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by chidexy(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
Daddy and Mommy and maybe a pack of crayons
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 03, 2011
Buy the kid some Lego.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by mendelsmattress: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Bethelmendels Int'l Limited is Nigeria's number one importer & distributor of Kids Educational/Playground toys ranging from slides, swings, kids playground fence and lots more. All available at affordable Prices, Simply Call/Whatsapp 07085518795, 08033264815., Office Address: 27, Atinuke Olabanji Street, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, By Balogun Bus/Stop, Ikeja-Lagos. You can also visit www.bethelmendelsartificialgrass.com

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Chommieblaq(f): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
yme1:
I think its cool and creative so try that out for ur kids

Do you mean bricks, can be use to build house, car, etc it a nice toy and hold kids attention.
Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by Grineriastore: 1:51am On Jan 03, 2019
Grineria Toy Store, Your home of best quality indoor and outdoor Playground equipment/accessories be it for Homes, Schools, Amusement Parks, Events, Kiddies Fair and Outdoor Parties.

We have in store a good number of play equipment/Toys ideal for all kinds of Events and Outdoor Activities such as Merry Go Round, Bouncing Castles, See-Saw, Double and Single Playground House, Kids Playpen/Fence, Kids Swing and Double Swing, Basketball Hoop, Slides, LEGO Toys, Kids Goal Post, Display Hanger, Book Shelf and a number of other amazing playground equipment all these and more are made available on Grineria Store.

We delight in serving our customers/Clients better and as such we have ensured that we maintain a swift delivery of our playground equipment for our customers.

For more details and enquiry Kindly reach us on 08086109104.

Re: What Are The Best 'first Toys' That Are Good For Toddlers Aged Between 1 And 2 Years? by chigrin: 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
Call/whatsapp 08086109104

Office Address: 7 Oyetubo Street Off Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja Lagos, By Ikeja Bus stop

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/grineriatoystore

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Grineriatoystore-285316165498411/

Grineria Store Enterprises, your number one online place for variety of kids playground equipment for schools, Amusement Parks, Fun Fairs, Homes and more.
Call us today for amazing Toys/outdoor/Indoor Play Equipment for Kids, Toddlers, Teenagers, Fun Fairs, Gym, Exercise, Workouts & Fitness Facilities or a surprise gift for your child.
At Grineria Store, we strongly believe play is fun and helps in the development of every child.....
time spent on playground is critical to children's physical, social and mental well-being
as a result of this, we have made available a wide range of playground equipment such as: Slides, Swings, Trampolines, Bouncing Castle, See-Saw, Rocking Toys, Car/Truck Rides, Merry-Go-Round, Playground Fence, Kids Basketball Net, Kids Shelves and lots more.
For inquiries Kindly Delivery services available nationwide.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Old Women Talk Too Much And Act In A Way That Annoys The Young? / How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? / Please Kindly Adopt My Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.