Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School (17390 Views)

State any Primary or Secondary School Subject Definition You Still Remember / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / School Register: Decades Back In Secondary School, Can You Relate?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Josywhyte: 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Advertising is the means of making new products and existing ones known to the public
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Newton's 3rd law:Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

Though I forgot that it was newtons third law.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Nitoriolohun1: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
DeathToRiggers:
Annunciation school, ikere ekiti, 1992.

Art is a way of drawing, art is an international language. Art means the expression, it's an interpretation of our inner emotions. E.g, drawing, painting, sculpting etc.

Kare Omo ye mi loke ikere

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by rex21: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
A mole is the amount of substance of a system that contains as many elementary entities as there are atoms in exactly 12 grams of the isotope carbon -12

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Josywhyte: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Kingrshd3:
Every PitObi and his IPOB followers will never win an election in this Nigeria ✍️

Physics definition

Try get sense small. No be every time u go dey show case ur STUPIDITY
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Starz825(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
MrTruetrue:

It was not Adam Smith Mr man
na L. Robbins. if book na money many of us go don pass this level.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Ayodeoba: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:
A definition you learnt in secondary school that you will never forget.

Me: Energy is the ability to do work
An office is a room in an organization set aside for clerical activities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Bosman17: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Avogadro’s law: Equal volume of gases at the same temperature and pressure contain the same number of molecules πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by njameso: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Power is the rate of doing work

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by brainhgeek(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:
Me too Photosynthesis is the process where green plant manufactured their own food using Sun Light energy
They thought us definitions but not processes. Plants actually use light. Even with fluorescent light (white light), they will photosynthesize
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Buffalo2(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Plants feed Holophytically or autotrophically by the process of photosynthesis. Animals feed holozoically.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by stanbright(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

Mine:FOREST
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by countryman13: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
WAVE is a disturbance which set up through a medium and transfer energy from one point to another without causing permanent displacement of the medium itself!

2 Likes

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by jerrymej(m): 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Science is the systematic study of nature. It is also the knowledge arrange in an orderly manner through observations and testing of facts.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Machinegun91(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
Agriculture is the cultivation of land

Very simple

Lol
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by bobchigar(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

Noun.

Noun is a name of person, animal, place or thing.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Sirchiboy: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Zaheertyler:
A noun is a action or doing word grin grin
Verb
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Ubdavis(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
Osmosis is defined as a precess through with plants and animals obtain food from amoeba.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by frontwave(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

UTILITY in Ecomonics
Utility is the ability of any commodity in order to satisfy human want.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Ubdavis(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Machinegun91:
Agriculture is the cultivation of land

Very simple

Lol

And rearing of animals for man use
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by jobgbemi(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful emotions recollected in tranquility.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by rajiedreez: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Economics is the study of wealth.

Economics is the study of the relationship between ends and scarce means which have alternative use.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Sirchiboy: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Occupation is any activity people engage in order to earn a living
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Raydave: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Sovereignty: Sovereignty is the supreme power of a state to manage it's affairs and to control it's territory without any external control

Government: Government is an institutional agencies or machinery that control the affairs of a state

Power: power is the ability to impose one's wish on people in order for them to do in your own accordance

Legitimate: legitimate is the act of being lawful

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Sirchiboy: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity moved with time
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by adehsenior(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Avogadro's law states that equal volume of all gases at the same temperature and pressure contains the same number of molecules.

This definition in chemistry will never leave my head even after leaving secondary school over 20 yrs ago.πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Olatrent: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

Biology is an organized body of knowledge.

Democracy can be defined as a form government in accordance with popular sovereignty, political equality and majority rulers.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Shattuck(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Sholaco:
Economics is a social science which study human behavior as a relationship between ends and scarce means, which have alternatives uses...by Adams Smith cool
damn I remember this now πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by wwwkaycom(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pollination is the transfer of pollen grain from anther to the stigma of a flower.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by Cashio(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

Ingratitude.
It was actually in my primary six. One of our classmates brought plenty pears to school and shared some to us. Our class teacher came to find out and started collecting the pears from us and before he could reach my turn, I already gave teeth marks on all my pears and he said that was ingratitude. I got home and asked my elder bro to help me with the definition and he said it is the state of not being appreciative.
20 years later, I still remember everything as though it was yesterday.
Re: Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School by MOGPman(m): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
ManirBK:

1. Diffusion is the movement of a molecule of a substance from the region of higher concentration to the region of lower concentration

2. Enzymes are organic catalysts which split up the rate of reaction in a living system but remain unchanged at the completion of their actions

3. Trial balance is a list of balances extracted from the ledger in order to ascertain the arithmetical accuracy of their postings

4. ..... Abeg I no fit think again; hunger dey worry me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unaab 2nd List Is Out: Check Your Status Now: / Meet Dahuru Abdulhamid Idris, Blind Kano School Teacher (Video, Photos) / Unijos Alumni Contribute Money To Help Mentally Challenged Classmate (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.