Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,131 members, 7,842,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Spending Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Spending Advice (172 Views)

"She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments / Spending On Girls: My Little Advice To Guys / 6 Weird Ways People Dodge Spending On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spending Advice by ecstasy37(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
A certain person i know need advice on how he would engage in some financial activities in the following months he was thinking of getting a table space in a phone village plaza as an phone repair guy but the thing is he just lost his dad and the expenses that he will need to incure as part of the family might cut in to his business capital he want to know if its worthy enough to incure expenses in burying my dad hes asking cos he intend to go back a tidy up his school stuff so as he can go for nysc program all his plans bothered on getting the space so he can raise enough money to do that this year if not he misses going for nysc totally as he's 27 and calculating from when as at when he will be able to graduate if he doesn't go back by October /November next year which would be the beginning of a new session he might not be able to go for nysc entirely he need an expert opinion on the best decision to make

P.s he will just need like one year to run his courses
Re: Spending Advice by CandyOps(m): 1:14am On Dec 09, 2023
Sorry about your Pops man. I hope your chi comes tru for you, bro. .. And by chi I mean your family, friends, yourself and a sprinkle of luck 🤞

Bury him with the elders first. Mortuary na extra expenses. Then take time to fix plan for funeral. As for school, you can defer admission or finish up and later come back to the funeral.

Open a WA group. Add ur friends nothing is too little. Which business you dey do or how do you earn money?
Re: Spending Advice by Nazgul: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2023
I'm so sorry about the loss of your father...

To your question, it's sheer stupidity for you to use funds you plan on using to set yourself up for a burial. Your dad is gone, the best you can do is to move on with your life. Even if you spend a billion dollars on his burial, it won't bring him back. So plunging yourself into poverty in this economy because of burial isn't a step in the right direction.

You're 27 and have a great future ahead of you. Contribute whatever you can afford and use the rest for your phone repair business and school.

Nigeria isn't funny these days. The same family you want to gamble your future for wouldn't contribute a dime for you to set up that business if you divert the funds you've raised for it. So you might end up not starting the business, and unable to go back to school.

Is that what you want for yourself?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Train The Lady You Love In School / How Una Dey See 2024 / Who Can Help Tag Mod To Push This Important Thread To Fp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.