Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate (18934 Views)

Minister Or A Senator, Which Is Better? A Case Study Of Sen. Akpabio / Bashir Magashi Stole From Nigeria. Now, A Minister In Buhari’s Cabinet / Mahmood Yakubu Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate Committe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by AncientAlien(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Simon Lalong, has said he has yet to decide whether to take his seat at the Senate or remain as a minister.

He said he is confronted with indecision on the issue.

In November, the Court of Appeal in Abuja, sacked Napoleon Bali of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as senator representing Plateau South on the ground that he was not properly nominated as candidate of the party for the 25 February election.

A three-member panel of the Appeal Court led by Elfrieda Williams-Dawodu declared Mr Lalong as the authentic winner of the election.

The court thereafter, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue a certificate of return to Mr Lalong, who was already serving as a minister.

INEC subsequently presented the certificate of return to Mr Lalong in Abuja, a situation that suggested that the minister might be set to quit his ministerial position to become a federal lawmaker.

But, in a video circulating on the Internet by an online TV, SYMFONI, Mr Lalong was seeing addressing, presumably an audience made up persons connected to the labour movement and the ministry of labour, that he was confused and could not determine whether or not to take his seat at the Senate or remain a minister.

In the video, urged his listeners to pray for him so that he could make the right decision.

“Each time I am with him (a comrade), he will remind me that , please don’t go to Senate, please remain with us at the Ministry of Labour. Maybe that is not what my constituency will also say because as I am now, I am a very confused man, because whether to go to left or go to right but pray for me to take the best decision.

“I told comrade (Adams) Oshiomhole, I said they mentioned you to go and speak on behalf of the Labour. I said no, Comrade Aremu should speak. They said ‘why?’, I said as a senator, I think you have partly committed class suicide. You may be shifting a little bit, until we see you after for four years, we will not confirm that you are intact. So it is only that time that we will know whether you have committed class suicide or you are still within as a comrade,” the labour minister said.

Mr Lalong is the immediate-past governor of Plateau State. He once served as the speaker of the state House of Assembly.

He served as the Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign in the February election that brought President Bola Tinubu to office.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/649882-im-confused-whether-to-go-to-senate-or-remain-minister-lalong.html

3 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Xscape1993(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
If you are not organize, you are not organize. Simple! The evil party call APC came into power by a political mistake of 2015.

59 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by sholatech(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2023
What does the law say on this? I think he is stylishly waiting for the Supreme Court Judgement on Plateau Governorship Election coming up few days time.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Kevinjap: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2023
Talk true.. you're more confused on where to access more looting

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by JASONjnr(m): 10:53am On Dec 09, 2023
As a minister he will be sniffing his drugs and be sleeping on duty...

Please, let him go and represent his people.

Whether Tinubu will have sense and recommend a productive person to take over from Lalong...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2023
If he is confused about this his own done better. He should relax at home and invest his money in real estate etc.

1 Like

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Solofresh2: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by smileyoo: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2023
For the past 6 months as a minister, his impact has not been felt as a labour minister. Nigeria workers have been suffering more than ever before, without any respite in sight, he should just go and be sleeping with his comrades in the Senate where performance is not necessarily needed, but just to be saying either yes or nay and be collecting his millions and SUV cars on yearly basis.
Moreover when the chronicles of the emilokan government's failures will be recited along with the actors, his name will not be mentioned, because Nigeria is actually going down, forget about all these useless propagandas by his tribalists and paid agents .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by ican2020: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
Typical Nigeria politician who in most cases can’t differentiate between right or left clueless folks who stupidly stole the people’s mandate believing that they can govern and move the country forward

Fixing the country is completely different from forcing your self into office

5 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Bobloco: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
Xscape1993:
If you are not organize, you are not organize. Simple! The evil party call APC came into power by a political mistake of 2015.

This is the same indecision that made the APC lose woefully in plateau state

4 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by happney65: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
Anyone wey enough food dey ni Egbon. grin

3 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by ecolime(m): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
happney65:
Anyone wey enough food dey ni Egbon. grin
Both are very lucrative grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Skillsnigeria: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by kokakola: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
If you are close to him or opportune to have visited or stayed in Jos while he was still a governor, you will know the best bet for him is to remain a Senator because of his developmental flaws as a person. He will fail woefully if he remain a Minister, something that has been manifesting already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Godstiger(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
That's what it is when you are in politics for the pay and not for the warefare

2 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by xpressionx(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
While the Resident Zombies are contemplating whether to sleep on empty stomach or collect extra garri on credit from iya Qudus

15 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by iCauseTrouble: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2023
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Why won't he be confused,when the people rejected him at the polls and he had to get it through the backdoor,the way our courts upturn the votes of the people is alarming.

4 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Joseph099(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
It's really lonely at the top. But it's also really sad below. Nigerians are going hungry, Christmas is around the corner. While others have enough to eat and double positions to choose from .

I write this because I'm so hungry right now , with no money and nothing. But I keep hoping and believing GOD for a more better time.

Anyone that can assist he'res my account details. 3181393990 first bank
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Toluwanise247(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
God please do something tangible for everyone here waiting or expecting miracles

5 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Jorussia(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
What is he confused about?Was he not already a minister before d tribunal gave judgement?
he should have simply withdrew the case the
moment PBAT nominated him as minister.
Pbat needs to be wary of characters like him
around his govt.

Simon Lalong has no choice than to go and present himself for swearing in at the Senate.
He wants himself to become an object for the
opposition to criticize the govt of PBAT.He should go to the Senate and not cause an unnecessary distraction for the govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by honestivo(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
I blamed our inconsistent judiciary for this
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Karlifate: 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
LMAO! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Femich18(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
When we continue recycling old leaders what do we expect?
Kindly go to the Senate where nothing is expected just the normal nay and yes thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by ChiefOloye(m): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
Even me,I'll be confused, money everywhere...
...but in the interest of his party, he should go to the Senate, so another party member from the Plateau APC can be nominated for ministerial appointment.

3 Likes

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Felabrity: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
All these criminals
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by bigdammyj: 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2023
Reading...
Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by Alba3: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
Good headache!

1 Like

Re: Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate by israelmao(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
A true leader should know what he wants per time.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Kemi Adeosun - New Minister Of Finance / Fayose Meets With Atiku, Calls On PDP To Unite Against Buhari / Jonathan, Oshiomhole, Ezekwesili, Others Extol Capt Hosa As Children Launch NGO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.