Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs (1839 Views)

Gbayi Women, Youths Protests El-rufai's Appointment Of Non Indigene..(pictured) / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / 14-yr-old With Brain-Cancer Asks Obi For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by solaugo(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
ABOUT 2000 work ers of Anambra State origin whose employment was terminated by the Abia State Government penultimate Monday stormed the Government House, Awka pleading with Governor Peter Obi to absorb them into the state civil service.

Looking dejected as they marched to the House of Assembly and the Government House, the former Abia workers said they were no longer sure of how to take care of their families because their names had been removed from the Abia State Government pay roll.

One of them, Chief Dom Eze, who was a director in Abia State, said their ordeal began on August 25 this year when they received a circular informing them of their disengagement. He said they had come to their state of origin to know the response of their state government over the matter asking, “if we are rejected in another state, will our state reject us?”

In an emotion laden voice, another disengaged worker, Mrs. Monica Aniebonam, who hails from Awkuzu in Oyi Local Council, said her children were still young, adding that her family had lived in Abia for over 20 years. She thanked the State Government for the warm reception accorded the returnees and prayed God to touch the heart of the state governor to help them.

Mr. Titus Okafor, who was also a victim was particularly happy that Anambra State had started paying the minimum wage, adding that they were also impressed with the befitting secretariat the government constructed for workers in the state government and the government’s ensuring that retired civil servants receive their gratuities in less than two months of their retirement.

Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Mr. Paul Odenigbo, who addressed the sacked workers described the situation as sad. He said: “We are working hard to ensure the cohesion of Ndigbo and we are allowing the issue of minimum wage to divide us. It is so unfortunate.

I know that our Governor, Mr. Peter Obi had visited Abia State as a result of this matter, but that visit did not yield any result. The issue of minimum wage is a general problem. We in Anambra State are equally battling with it here but we are going to put everything in God’s hand.”

He commended the Anambra workers in Abia for comporting themselves in such an orderly manner, assuring that the State Government must look into it with a view to solving their problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/affected-anambra-indigenes-beg-obi-for-jobs/

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by donbrowser(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2023
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by lexylaw40: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2023
I no fit laugh 😂

3 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by donbrowser(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2023
lexylaw40:
I no fit laug 😂

Nobody go charge you 😂

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by abdeefggh: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2023
Can you just imagine, while others are building cities, these useless people are still practicing osu caste system.
Very primitive set of human being, no wonder their enclave remain a shithole every one runs away from Spits!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Alaigbo(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2023
Same foolish Pandora criminal Peter Obi or another. ?!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by lexylaw40: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by lexylaw40: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by tamdun: 6:40am On Nov 30, 2023
They will tell u Lagos is no man's land while they protect their own,abia govt sacked Anambra indegens because they are not from abia while thousands of them are in Lagos civil service but if we talk,they'll say yoruba people don't travel,if u are treating ur fellow igbo this way,tell us why would any sane yoruba man go to SE,chance of any yoruba working in any south east civil service is zero

10 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Buhari4dullard: 6:40am On Nov 30, 2023
abdeefggh:
Can you just imagine, while others are building cities, these useless people are still practicing osu caste system.
Very primitive set of human being, no wonder their enclave remain a shithole every one runs away from Spits!
Imagine skull miners who only know Agberoism talking
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

You know all he said is truth

4 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Buhari4dullard: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

You know all he said is truth
Funny Brown Roof republic that wont let Non-Yorubas vote
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

Yes we won't let you vote because you don't know how to vote,it's our duty as big brother to stop you from voting calamity. That's elder brother's love at playgrin

10 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Tjra: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2023
cry
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Promise666: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2023
Nawa o

Ndi Lagos is no man's land, how far?

5 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2023
Buhari4dullard:

Address the topic on ground...be civil enough not to throw insults around

madamvanessa your non tribalistic SE isnt even open to your fellow Igbos

Sergio103 cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Paraman: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2023
Just imagine Lagos state do this kind of thing, they will wail as if it can't happen in their geopolitical region.

6 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2023
Paraman:
Just imagine Lagos state do this kind of thing, they will wail as if it can't happen in their geopolitical region.

EmperorCaesar:

Address the topic on ground...be civil enough not to throw insults around

madamvanessa your non tribalistic SE isnt even open to your fellow Igbos

Sergio103 cheesy cheesy cheesy

YorubaDemonswag:

Yes we won't let you vote because you don't know how to vote,it's our duty as big brother to stop you from voting calamity. That's elder brother's love at playgrin

Promise666:
Nawa o

Ndi Lagos is no man's land, how far?

tamdun:
They will tell u Lagos is no man's land while they protect their own,abia govt sacked Anambra indegens because they are not from abia while thousands of them are in Lagos civil service but if we talk,they'll say yoruba people don't travel,if u are treating ur fellow igbo this way,tell us why would any sane yoruba man go to SE,chance of any yoruba working in any south east civil service is zero

You guys campaign is over, you guys are still acting as though Tinubu is not yet president, Oga he has won according to INEC and the judiciary, I wonder how this post will reduce or improve his current failure in governance...

You guys have realized how badly Tinubu has failed and is still failing, propaganda is very difficult for you to push, you now resort in attacking Igbos to divert attention...

Let me just remind you guys :

Maybe you are not aware yet, or you have forgotten or just choose to be ignorant, let me just remind you guys:

1. Tinubu was sworn in on may29th

2. He increased price of fuel from 197 to 650 per liter.

3. He increased price of dollar from 400 to 1300

4. He increased price of food to 4 times the price since he came in.

5. Inflation and insecurity are competing with each other like Usain bolt and Ben Johnson.

6. He is spending billions on buying yatch and SUV for his family and spending billions to eat.

7. People are committing suicide due to hardship since he came in.

8. Price of drugs are almost 10 times the price since he came in.

9. Businesses have been closing up and workers have been losing their jobs due to Tinubu's bad policies.

10. Students are unable to go to school because of Tinubu reduced school funding.

11. People in Ibadan are now stealing rice from moving vehicles due to suffering caused by Tinubu.

12. Tinubu shared 1 cup of rice and 3 sticks of spaghetti for a whole family to eat as palliative.

Let me stop here for you so you can get updated, I think you should be more focused on discussing these issues rather than being stuck in election mode thinking you still campaigning for Tinubu to become president, he is now president, whatever thing you say about Peter Obi or Obidient will not change any of the situation listed up there, focus on Tinubu to change the situations I listed there, Obidients are not the president, Tinubu is, except you hate Nigeria and don't want Nigeria to get better.
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2023
If you are wise as you want your fellow rodent to see,you would notice the comments I responded to, but what do I expect from someone who idolized a man who chose mad man as his advisergrin
Brendaniel:

You guys campaign is over, you guys are still acting as though Tinubu is not yet president, Oga he has won according to INEC and the judiciary, I wonder how this post will reduce or improve his current failure in governance...

You guys have realized how badly Tinubu has failed and is still failing, propaganda is very difficult for you to push, you now resort in attacking Igbos to divert attention...

Let me just remind you guys :

Maybe you are not aware yet, or you have forgotten or just choose to be ignorant, let me just remind you guys:

1. Tinubu was sworn in on may29th

2. He increased price of fuel from 197 to 650 per liter.

3. He increased price of dollar from 400 to 1300

4. He increased price of food to 4 times the price since he came in.

5. Inflation and insecurity are competing with each other like Usain bolt and Ben Johnson.

6. He is spending billions on buying yatch and SUV for his family and spending billions to eat.

7. People are committing suicide due to hardship since he came in.

8. Price of drugs are almost 10 times the price since he came in.

9. Businesses have been closing up and workers have been losing their jobs due to Tinubu's bad policies.

10. Students are unable to go to school because of Tinubu reduced school funding.

11. People in Ibadan are now stealing rice from moving vehicles due to suffering caused by Tinubu.

12. Tinubu shared 1 cup of rice and 3 sticks of spaghetti for a whole family to eat as palliative.

Let me stop here for you so you can get updated, I think you should be more focused on discussing these issues rather than being stuck in election mode thinking you still campaigning for Tinubu to become president, he is now president, whatever thing you say about Peter Obi or Obidient will not change any of the situation listed up there, focus on Tinubu to change the situations I listed there, Obidients are not the president, Tinubu is, except you hate Nigeria and don't want Nigeria to get better.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by TopBanter: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2023
tamdun:

Their behavior is becoming known to all universally. Intolerant people who deliberately discriminate even against different caste of Igbos, or Igbos from other State, harassing Sanwo Olu for more slots in his Lagos State cabinet.

If he gives it to them , that day they begin planning from inside how to take Sanwo Olu’s job. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

6 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by TopBanter: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2023
Paraman:

As we speak, they are busy blackmailing and gaslighting Sanwo Olu for more slots in his cabinet because “they deserve it”. Only God knows where Igbos are really from because their behavior na die and unique to them alone.

Bianca , the wife of the greatest Anambra man in Ojukwu, told she cannot run for office in Anambra.

Akeredolu’s Igbo wife they told to go and seek a position in her husband’s State and not her native Igbo State thus effectively making the woman Stateless.

Yet they want to be Senators, Reps, local government chairman and even Governor of Lagos. Such unreasonable and crude people.

5 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 10:42am On Nov 30, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:
If you are wise as you want your fellow rodent to see,you would notice the comments I responded to, but what do I expect from someone who idolized a man who chose mad man as his advisergrin

And how does this your comment address the issues I raised that are facing Nigerians because of Tinubu's bad administration?
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

And how does this your comment address the issues I raised that are facing Nigerians because of Tinubu's bad administration?

How do you expect me to answer to your stupid question? when you didn't quote me rightly in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Never4getU: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2023
solaugo:
ABOUT 2000 work ers of Anambra State origin whose employment was terminated by the Abia State Government penultimate Monday stormed the Government House, Awka pleading with Governor Peter Obi to absorb them into the state civil service.

Looking dejected as they marched to the House of Assembly and the Government House, the former Abia workers said they were no longer sure of how to take care of their families because their names had been removed from the Abia State Government pay roll.

One of them, Chief Dom Eze, who was a director in Abia State, said their ordeal began on August 25 this year when they received a circular informing them of their disengagement. He said they had come to their state of origin to know the response of their state government over the matter asking, “if we are rejected in another state, will our state reject us?”

In an emotion laden voice, another disengaged worker, Mrs. Monica Aniebonam, who hails from Awkuzu in Oyi Local Council, said her children were still young, adding that her family had lived in Abia for over 20 years. She thanked the State Government for the warm reception accorded the returnees and prayed God to touch the heart of the state governor to help them.

Mr. Titus Okafor, who was also a victim was particularly happy that Anambra State had started paying the minimum wage, adding that they were also impressed with the befitting secretariat the government constructed for workers in the state government and the government’s ensuring that retired civil servants receive their gratuities in less than two months of their retirement.

Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Mr. Paul Odenigbo, who addressed the sacked workers described the situation as sad. He said: “We are working hard to ensure the cohesion of Ndigbo and we are allowing the issue of minimum wage to divide us. It is so unfortunate.

I know that our Governor, Mr. Peter Obi had visited Abia State as a result of this matter, but that visit did not yield any result. The issue of minimum wage is a general problem. We in Anambra State are equally battling with it here but we are going to put everything in God’s hand.”

He commended the Anambra workers in Abia for comporting themselves in such an orderly manner, assuring that the State Government must look into it with a view to solving their problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/affected-anambra-indigenes-beg-obi-for-jobs/

See why igbos are not accommodating. Thesr once are their own people oo. Na this kind people go keep Nigeria together? Now understand why they're not being allow at the federal.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

How do you expect me to answer to your stupid question? when you didn't quote me rightly in the first place.

Oga, elections are over, leave all the beating around on irrelevant things, that is what I am reminding you of, you attacked someone on an issue on election matter, elections are over, Tinubu is the president and he is doing very badly, I think you should be more concerned about that...
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, elections are over, leave all the beating around on irrelevant things, that is what I am reminding you of, you attacked someone on an issue on election matter, elections are over, Tinubu is the president and he is doing very badly, I think you should be more concerned about that...

Shouldn't you have told him (the person I responded to) to stop crying about his candidate lost since you know election is over, Tinubu is doing badly according to you not according to me and I owe you or anybody any explanation

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by yemmight(m): 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
Na this kind person we for get as our president? God forbid bad thing.
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

Shouldn't you have told him (the person I responded to) to stop crying about his candidate lost since you know election is over, Tinubu is doing badly according to you not according to me and I owe you or anybody any explanation

This was his comment below, please show me his candidate's name and where he cried about his candidate losing from his entire comment...

Buhari4dullard
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by YorubaDemonswag: 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

This was his comment below, please show me his candidate's name and where he cried about his candidate losing from his entire comment...

Buhari4dullard

And you don't see crying in that?if yes,you are worse than I thought
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 4:32am On Dec 01, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

And you don't see crying in that?if yes,you are worse than I thought

show me his candidate's name and where he cried about his candidate losing from his entire comment, highlight it
Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Difrent: 4:46am On Dec 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

show me his candidate's name and where he cried about his candidate losing from his entire comment, highlight it

You just want derail this thread.
The topic is about igbos wickedness to fellow igbos.
Even among yourselves there no Love.

No wonder you hate other Nigerians, you don't even love eachother

1 Like

Re: Sack Of Non-indigene In Abia: Affected Anambra Indigenes Beg Obi For Jobs by Brendaniel: 4:53am On Dec 01, 2023
Difrent:

You just want derail this thread.
The topic is about igbos wickedness to fellow igbos.
Even among yourselves there no Love.

No wonder you hate other Nigerians, you don't even love eachother

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK :Nigerian Who Who Claimed He Earned Just £700 Owned £1 Million Lekki Mansion / So President Goodluck Jonathan Paid $1million For Jay Z And Beyonce’s Visit / Nairaland's Degradation Of Wole Soyinka Is Appalling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.