Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions (28908 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / What IBB Wore To Council Of States Meeting / List Of States Yet To Get Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions by Iolo(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2011
State creation is the dullest thing we can do as a country. We have 36 states already, the bulk of which have internal revenue less than 200 million monthly. So when we begin to have 50+ states, is it the same Niger Delta states that will feed everybody?

More so creating any new states based on tribal factors is just dumb. We have 250+ tribes in Nigeria, I'm sure even with these 40+ new states been agitated for, the number of states still won't be enough for some people.

A time may even come where large families (like the Oputa family for example) will want a state to themselves so they can express their own form of cultural diversity blah blah blah.
Re: Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions by Iolo(m): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2011
State creation is a bad idea and am happy to debate anybody who thinks otherwise.

In my books, it's all a ploy to have more governors, politicians, civil servants and simply greedy folks who will only balance and wait for Federal Govt to give them their monthly allocations from d Fed Account. Ask these new states to come up with comprehensive IGR plans, development plans, and they would run away.

But come to think of it, what if we only had 6 states in Nigeria. Wouldn't that solve our problem? Less governors to steal the money, more money to go round for development and less tribal friction (my state is better than yours mentality).

These lawmakers are only playing to the gallery by entertaining such thoughts. And am sure right thinking Nigerians don't want this - unless those who stand to benefit.
Re: Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions by musiwa43: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2011
the best is to remove edo,delta and Yoruba, if not the military will remove all of you from power in weeks to come.

You see the military is looking at your level of irresponsibility of the politician. Let me put it this way. the civilian have use 22 years in power while the military use 27 years in power. But over 80% of the infrastructure in nigeria were built by the military, include Abuja. What does that tell you of the irresponsibility of politician.

When I say you are cheating the Yorubas, I am telling you, you are also cheating the Yorubas in the military. And even if the civilian will not do anything, the military boys who all are on my side. If you doubt me.

I showed you the picture they took inside the Nigeria defence academy which is the equivalency of WEST POINT, to show you , you will end up in a civil war. Look the international community have to know that David mark the senate president is a liar and unreliable man. So dont expect anything from nigeria govt of change. And the International community should understand, when the military take over govt, that they are doing it to protect the lifes of millions of nigerian. because we have an unreliable govt.
Re: Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 02, 2011
State creation is not particularly the best way to go about development in our country. Decentralizing governance is the solution. More resources allocated to the state, and most especially local governments to develop their areas. Break the over-reliance on the FG, and increase efficiency in governance.

However, the people at the senate have selfish agendas. sad
Re: Names Of States Proposed To Be Created In Each Zone : Conditions by ChinenyeN(m): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2011
An Igbo writer attempted to resolve the riddle when he analysed the history of state creation in the South East. According to him, South East zone was first divided into Anambra and Imo states. Anambra got divided again into Enugu and Anambra states, the same time Imo was divided into Abia and Imo states. At last, Ebonyi State was created from Enugu and Abia states. So, the next or sixth state in the South East is obviously to be created from both Imo and Anambra states.

What kind of line of thought is this? Abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Babatunde Fashola As A Kid. / It's A Lie, Emefiele Is Still In His Office Working- CBN / 2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.