Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim (12924 Views)

NLC Writes FG, Dismisses Claims Of 80% Agreement Fulfilment / FG Dismisses Coup Fear, Ex-generals Warn Politicians Again Bad Governance / FG Dismisses Report Of Execution Of Nigerians In Saudi (2) (3) (4)

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by FreeStuffsNG: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by raddyworld: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
My problem with Nigerians is that' do u expect the western world to promote development in your country?
If they truly love you as interfering to your decisions why u.k and Canada sudden restrictions on Nigerians, while overlooking the trooping of Indians and other nations.
How has indians being treating Nigerians on their soil.
The devil u know I'd better than the one you don't know
I will say it is absolute nonsense to think white will reason you more than themselves.

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Mitsurugi(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Ok na, it is absolute wickedness ontop say President Tinubu commot subsidy but una don quick forget say the Agulu fraud been also campaign to commot subsidy. When Agulu fraud dey chestbeat ontop say e go remove subsidy, una dey open teeth dey clap for am. But i know say your bitterness is because na Tinubu win, you wished it was Obi.
I have one news for you, that Agulu fraud will never become the President of my dear country, i like to see that una bitterness continue to dey burn una wella.

Please shut up and focus on the topic or getat!
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by bayelsaowei(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by nairalanda1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
raddyworld:
My problem with Nigerians is that' do u expect the western world to promote development in your country?
If they truly love you as interfering to your decisions why u.k and Canada sudden restrictions on Nigerians, while overlooking the trooping of Indians and other nations.
How has indians being treating Nigerians on their soil.
The devil u know I'd better than the one you don't know
I will say it is absolute nonsense to think white will reason you more than themselves.

The UK and Canada restrictions extend to other nations. Not just Nigeria.

Better read widely

Also the problem with subsidy is simple. Would you sell something you bought at 1000 naira at 200 naira to help the poor?

All those countries that also pay subsidy pay for it via heavy duty taxes or have a small population and huge revenues

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by edungene7: 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Ok na, it is absolute wickedness ontop say President Tinubu commot subsidy but una don quick forget say the Agulu fraud been also campaign to commot subsidy. When Agulu fraud dey chestbeat ontop say e go remove subsidy, una dey open teeth dey clap for am. But i know say your bitterness is because na Tinubu win, you wished it was Obi.
I have one news for you, that Agulu fraud will never become the President of my dear country, i like to see that una bitterness continue to dey burn una wella.

Imagine this gibberish coming from a so called educated illiterate how does the misrule of yr so called president select have anything to do with the peoples president
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Segxydube: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Yeah, govt still dey pay subsidy in certain areas e.g subsidy still dey on electricity but the subsidy on petrol is gone, down inside the lagoon. No more fuel subsidy.

Dey mumu ursef... Govt still dey pay for subsidy, if dem no pay petrol price go enter 750 to 800

World bank sabi wetin dem dey talk
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Segxydube: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

As Obi no go become president, who con lose? Obi is already made but u see people like u ehn, u go too suffer for emilokan hand... No worry

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Bluntemperor: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Tntsi:
Subsidy is gone
Absolute lawlessness , criminality, poverty, directionles leadership, pollution and desecration of the nation is officially in place

Why are you bitter, because your Party was not that privileged!
Try an analyse issues on facts not emotions!
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by mshariff52(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
World bank is just running its mouth.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Segxydube: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Dittodat:
The world bank is now in the business of guessing and assumptions instead of relying on actual facts with reliable and verifiable data.

Lol u be mumu oo... Na world bank dey guess? So if dem put world bank and APC down, who u go believe?

For ur information, anything APC deny, na true

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by mshariff52(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Is subsidy really gone??
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by DMerciful(m): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
There is subsidy else petrol will be over a #1000 per liter
Pakute:

Yeah, govt still dey pay subsidy in certain areas e.g subsidy still dey on electricity but the subsidy on petrol is gone, down inside the lagoon. No more fuel subsidy.

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by israelmao(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
Successive administrations are in the habit of feathering their nest by acrobatic manoeuvring of subsidy but it seems APC has mastered act beyond everybody's wildest imagination.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by mickeyboy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2023
Who is lying to who? Or who should we believe
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by mrdharkchild(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
2022 $550, yesterday, $860, today, $900. CaD make una de support APC

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by NaijaNaWaa: 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
These people don’t know that the World Bank has more information on the economy than them.

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by duketerry22(m): 4:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
As long as they come out to deny then it's true..

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Dittodat: 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
Segxydube:

Lol u be mumu oo... Na world bank dey guess? So if dem put world bank and APC down, who u go believe?

For ur information, anything APC deny, na true
Ranting of another zero IQ brainwashed headless zombie.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Segxydube: 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
Dittodat:

Ranting of another zero IQ brainwashed headless zombie.

Oponu... Make i dey believe apc before world bank? 🤣🤣🤣

Big mumu
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Dittodat: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Segxydube:

Oponu... Make i dey believe apc before world bank? 🤣🤣🤣

Big mumu
Ode, dindinri, ole, atole. Did the world bank told you definitively that they are sure tor that they have data to back up their assumptions?
Only a retar@ded shallow, imbe@cile like.you will just believe rumors with any prove to back it up. Your stupidity and gullibility must have been inherited from your drunkard useless father.
STFU and FVCK off.
Done responding to a low life worthless piece of trash. BYE
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Mom007(f): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2023
The Nigerian state has defied all the laws of economics. They taught us that when there is a low demand, supply improves and prices crash. Not in Nigeria. Despite the fact that demand has dropped to less than one tenth what it used to be, prices are still soaring. Instead of encouraging citizens to embrace agriculture and building refineries, my government still thinks dashing people money is some kind of solution... its sad and unfortunate.

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by airsaylongcome: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Are you saying the landing cost of a litre of PMS is less than $1 at official exchange rate?

As at October 2023, landing cost of PMS was ₦720/litre. This is the landing cost in Lagos. And in the same Lagos, petrol sells for ₦650/litre. So pray tell, are the business people selling petrol in Lagos selling at a loss?

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Segxydube: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
Dittodat:

Ode, dindinri, ole, atole. Did the world bank told you definitively that they are sure tor that they have data to back up their assumptions?
Only a retar@ded shallow, imbe@cile like.you will just believe rumors with any prove to back it up. Your stupidity and gullibility must have been inherited from your drunkard useless father.
STFU and FVCK off.
Done responding to a low life worthless piece of trash. BYE

People with brain in this country knows that subsidy is still being paid because the current amount petrol is sold is lesser than its landing cost.

But as u no get sense u no fit know... Oponu agba
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by airsaylongcome: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
Mom007:
The Nigerian state has defied all the laws of economics. They taught us that when there is a low demand, supply improves and prices crash. Not in Nigeria. Despite the fact that demand has dropped to less than one tenth what it used to be, prices are still soaring. Instead of encouraging citizens to embrace agriculture and building refineries, my government still thinks dashing people money is some kind of solution... its sad and unfortunate.

Even change in demand cannot justify this. Even if the entire demand curve moves outward (which definitely hasn't happened) and supply remains static, prices CANNOT crash. Not in a rational market with demand and supply forces liberally at play
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by jaxxy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Easylife1234: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2023
Okay next
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by donkach: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Madness - Remove Subsidy ( Promised by All )
But the transparency of how the fund is utilized distinguishes a criminal that has seen an opportunity to steal and someone who truly want to improve the economy using the funds.
Our economy today can give you a glimpse of who the criminal is.
You are not paying millions of dollars monthly to importers, yet dollar is still scarce 🤔
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by KaptainAfrika: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
Gone indeed... grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Nicepoker(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
APC bunch Of liars.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Kevineleven(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
This government bleep my small business, now I just sit down for house dey look.

Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? / Boko-haram Attacks Mobile-Police Base In Damaturu / Stop Fleeing Zamfara Bandits From Entering Osun, Oyetola Tells Police