Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner (66646 Views)

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video / From Bank Interview Shaming To American Company Job / Access Bank Manager Seizes A Staff’s Phone - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by bolabizzle(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Just got word from a friend about someone who made the move from being a bank manager in Nigeria to working as a skyscraper cleaner in the UK. πŸ˜•

Smart move or not?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Sirmwill: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
He has found what he was looking for

611 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Jewessgratitud3: 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2023
Soft life to hard life.

I guess when he got there and saw the pile of bills staring him in the face he had no choice but to grab the next available job.

If you are gainfully employed in naija, you don't need to japa. Japa is for someone who has no hope of ever getting a job in Nigeria. He'll appreciate any kind of job he finds there.

551 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Moderator101: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:
Smart move or not?

Hmm, πŸ€”
It's a weird move to be honest.
Reminds me of the phrase get rich or die trying.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by flokii: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
His life, his headache... he wanted to be seeing snow and be forming fake accent like Oyibos.

Let him enjoy his cleaning job overseas.

338 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Starboytwo(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
That's his true calling..

Besides, there's snow anyway.

166 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by LooneyLester: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
At least he falls sick he'll get a benefitting health care

276 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by papyjaypaul: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:
Just got word from a friend about someone who made the move from being a bank manager in Nigeria to working as a skyscraper cleaner in the UK. πŸ˜•

Smart move or not?

That's one of the top paying jobs abroad because of the safety risk. To clean window no be small and if it makes you happy, good. Nigeria should let people be paid for their skills so unemployment can reduce. I wish Seun pays jobless people here to help the economy.

To those who always judge japa, many of you suffer from low self esteem. The land is green where you water the grass. If Naija bad for your eye, everything you do go bad, u no go see good thing there. Focus on your life wherever you are and stop wasting your time worrying about others.

533 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by GboyegaD(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
I am amused when I read such threads as this. When will we learn to mind our business?

A grown up makes his choice and lives by it and we in our usual sanctimonious stance tries to pass judgment. Truth is I see these kind of post as being envious of the other person.

262 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Brendaniel: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:

Smart move or not?

As long as he is earning more than his banking Job in Nigeria and he is in a better environment with savings at the end of the month better than in Nigeria, then he is good to go...

181 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by strowa: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hi choice

2 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by UHLmoving: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
What are the pay differences and welfare packages? That's what is considered most times

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Franzese: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmmm

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by anonymous1759(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
The motive is to make money not to answer boss on Empty stomach , a bank manager will answer Sir to a poo Parker In the UK when he comes to Nigeria with his heavy currency. Only fraudulent bank managers are rich .

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Hardebayo(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
See, what an average grown up wants is a stable life, free of harassment, insecurity, and Co....more so, I'm sure he's not thinking of himself, most probably he's more concerned for the future of his children.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by datola: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by AishaMagodo: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
E be things

6 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by id4sho(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Very risky job but the pay go loud tongue

Na truck driving I go do if I enter Yankee

I know someone saving $1.5k monthly. He's jobs is a low level job

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Raskimonojendor: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
His problem.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Ray07(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dignity in hustle . . . E no mean smiley

6 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by santaclaws: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:

Smart move or not?

I doubt the authenticity of that story. Most of these stories are fabricated. A former bank manager in Nigeria can easily get a management or accounting job anywhere in the world.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Hamachi(f): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny. If the job pays you do let you to live a respectable life, then that is the ideal. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Human civilizations are not built on suits and ties but on hard grinding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul interstate drivers even accross countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. These ordinary men and women are the heros of society but sadly, these are the people we don't want to be like.

In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men and women keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Lots of people depressed themselves for nothing because they have filtered their vision not to see the majority that powers society, to see only the tiny ones.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Menclothing: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
LooneyLester:
At least he falls sick he'll get a benefitting health care
So you don’t know there is standard HMO for a bank manager have u seen a sick bank manager begging for money to treat sickness

34 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by TheBTCinvestor: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
grin
Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Depends on the pay and future oriented goals pertaining to himself and kids.

Average Bank manager salary in Nigeria: N11,000,000/ annum.
Average skyscraper salary in UK: Β£25000 to Β£27,304/annum. Or N30,000,000 to N35,000,000

Do the maths.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by xpizzy(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
bolabizzle:

Smart move or not?

How much does a bank manager make?

4 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Ayinde2000: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Depends on the pay undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by SmartyPants(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
papyjaypaul:

That's one of the top paying jobs abroad because of the safety risk. To clean window no be small and if it makes you happy, good. Nigeria should let people be paid for their skills so unemployment can reduce. I wish Seun pays jobless people here to help the economy.

To those who always judge japa, many of you suffer from low self esteem. The land is green where you water the grass. If Naija bad for your eye, everything you do go bad, u no go see good thing there. Focus on your life wherever you are and stop wasting your time worrying about others.

You don't see the contradiction?

8 Likes

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Nazgul: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
The question you should be asking is how much does a bank manager earn in Nigeria?

If you must know, no bank in Nigeria pays their branch managers up to N1m. On an average, they earn between 500-600k. (That's about $600 not pounds o)

A skyscraper window cleaner in the UK earns about Β£23,000. With that amount, you can live comfortably in the UK.

Aside the risks involved in the job, I won't say he made a bad choice.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Owo ni koko. Money πŸ’° is the main issue here

19 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How ASUU Strike Made Me The Richest Young Carpenter In Anambra - Nelson Emmanuel / Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria / From Truck Pusher To Sex Worker - Lady Celebrates Her 1 Year Achievement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.