Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,300 members, 7,850,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal (11406 Views)

3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap / Why CBN Shouldn’t Extend Naira Swap Deadline – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by lastkingsman: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
pansophist:
This is good.

[b] I see no reason why two countries that want to trade with each other will involve the US dollars. [b] For what?

Currency swap, just like trade by barter, is the most natural form of trade, not exchanging to USD first, then doing business, then exchanging back to your national currency, and using SWIFT, all controlled by the US that is sanction hungry.

Lmao. grin

The reason why US dollar (and allies of US like POUNX, AUS, CAD, NZUSD...) is trusted in international business transactions is because serious business men know that federal reserve bank (in US) is not controlled by one strong man (this is different for China, Russia, Iran...)

So people trust the green back and it doesn't fall. Xi can wake up on the wrong side of the bed and devalue yuan. Putin can smoke igbo and start printing rubbles as he likes. grin
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Codes151(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
ManirBK:
Welcome develooment
lol... F9 mentality..

welcome development is swapping naira with yuan?

ethinicity go kill na... before na northerners, now 1000 naira = 1 dollar..

now na tinubu, yorubas the ass lickers don turn zombie...

i am okay with TINUBU O... but no sensible country will swap it currency when they have not exhausted options...
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by TOMMYS: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
pipnator00:
That's a very sensitive area of Nigerian diplomacy with the West and China.
That was part of the big problems Jonathan had with the west (US and western Europe) and part of the reason they didn't support his reelection.
I pray he succeeds since Nigeria imports a lot from China but I know it will be very difficult!

Extremely difficult. But possible if the president is ready to forfeit his seat to shettima before time.

Aboki go trowel then 2 seconds.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by integrity16(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
nedekid:

The US will call oga at the top and dictate to him what they wish to see done. Don't forget they have a lot of kompromat on him. He will do as instructed.
Rightly said. Chicago state University cover ups would come at a price.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by splendournoni: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
Anything that will favour the masses in Nigeria these law makees and our leaders won't want it to work....

AUDIO CURRENCY SWAP!!!
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by XAUBulls: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by EmekaBlue(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Make I dey save my Chinese coins I gather well. Might be useful someday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress / Buhari Re-Approves Payment Of $418 Million Paris Club Judgement Debts / Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.