Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress (11354 Views)

PDP: Court Nullifies Kashamu’s Suspension / Eyitayo Jegede, Dokpesi At Today's Ondo PDP Court Of Appeal Sitting / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2016
A Federal High Court sitting in Ado Ekiti yesterday restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Peoples Democratic Party from recognising the Governor Ayodele Fayose’s faction of the State Executive Committee.

Justice T. O. Taiwo granted the order following a motion exparte filed and moved by Niran Owoseni, the counsel to Chief Williams Ajayi and Ilesanmi Obe, who sued for themselves and on behalf of other members of their faction.

The Defenadnts are INEC, PDP, its National Chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff; Wale Oladipo (Secretary) and Gboyega Oguntuase.

On May 10, two parallel state executive committee had emerged in Ekiti State.

The faction loyal to the governor held its own congress at Adetiloye hall in the state-owned Fountain Hotel in the state capital, Ado Ekiti, where Gboyega Oguntuase emerged as the state chairman.

Another faction opposed to him held its state congress at the secretariat of Omo-Ilu Foundation in Ajilosun area of Ado Ekiti. The faction believed to be loyal to a leader of the party in the Southwest elected Ajayi as its chairman and Obe as the Secretary.

Justice Taiwo granted “an order of interim injunction restraining all the defendants from according recognition to Oguntuase and his agents and privies or any other person claiming to be an officer of the PDP in Ekiti at ward, local government or state levels except those” in the faction of the plaintiffs.

The court also restrained the PDP from dealing with any group except that of the plaintiffs in conducting the affairs of the party in the state.

The judge also restrained the INEC from recognising any step or action whatever taken by the Fayose’s men.

He further restrained Oguntuase and his faction from parading themselves as officers of the party pending hearing and determination of the substantive suit.

The judge granted an order directing the PDP, by its organs, officers, agents and servants to accept only delegates elected at the parallel congress of the plaintiffs for the purpose of convening the National Convention of the party.

He also granted an order to serve the originating summon and all other processes in the suit on the defendants by substituted means.
www.dailypost.ng/2016/05/17/convention-court-orders-inec-pdp-to-reject-fayoses-men/
www.punchng.com/ekiti-pdp-court-voids-fayoses-congress/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2016
The implication of the judgement is that Fayose no longer controls the PDP structure in Ekiti state

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by dukie25: 11:44am On May 19, 2016
Justice Taiwo granted “an order of interim injunction restraining all the defendants from according recognition to Oguntuase and his agents and privies or any other person claiming to be an officer of the PDP in Ekiti at ward, local government or state levels except those” in the faction of the plaintiffs.
Latest trick by APC is to use the courts to control PDP.
In the last week there have been like 5 court injunctions restraining PDP.

@barcanista
Which party are you campaigning for this week? Last week if I remember correctly it was PDP.
KOWA today, ANPP tomorrow, na wa.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2016
When we tell people that NOBODY is bigger than PDP they called us names. now how market?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Mediapace: 11:50am On May 19, 2016
Oga Tonyebarcanista and PDP Are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52am On May 19, 2016
Yoga Lalasticlala o
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by dukie25: 11:54am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
When we tell people that NOBODY is bigger than PDP they called us names. now how market?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

But you're not PDP, no PDP supporter would be happy at any hint of division in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2016
dukie25:

Latest trick by APC is to use the courts to control PDP.
In the last week there have been like 5 court injunctions restraining PDP.
wetin concern APC for inside? this is 100% PDP affair and an internal power play between Fayose(PDP) and Kashamu(PDP).

@barcanista
Which party are you campaigning for this week? Last week if I remember correctly it was PDP.
KOWA today, ANPP tomorrow, na wa.
Senseless

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2016
dukie25:

But you're not PDP, no PDP supporter would be happy at any hint of division in PDP.
Internal power tussle is natural in politics. When the dust is settled,everyone will be reconciled.

There is no division, only power tussle
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by praxisnetworks: 11:59am On May 19, 2016
Implication is that PDP is dead in Ekiti. Fayose is PDP in Ekiti!
TonyeBarcanista:
The implication of the judgement is that Fayose no longer controls the PDP structure in Ekiti state

Time to tear the party apart..... Fayose Mimiko and other relevant stakeholders should float a new party.... PDP is dead!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by bender79: 12:00pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!
What is this one saying?

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by dukie25: 12:02pm On May 19, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

Internal power tussle is natural in politics. When the dust is settled,everyone will be reconciled.

[/s]

Go back to APC
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2016
praxisnetworks:
Implication is that PDP is dead in Ekiti. Fayose is PDP in Ekiti!

Time to tear the party apart..... Fayose Mimiko and other relevant stakeholders should float a new party.... PDP is dead!
Nobody is bigger than the party.
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:08pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

When you people say PDP for life, I shake my head.
There might be no PDP or APC by next general elections,
Let's select Credible candidates first, and choose platforms later.

Fayose/Kasamu both are wash.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2016
bender79:
What is this one saying?
What we are asking for is internal democracy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2016
bender79:
What is this one saying?
What we are asking for is internal democracy
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

When you people say PDP for life, I shake my head. There might be no PDP or APC by next general elections, Let's select Credible candidates first, and choose platforms later.
Fayose/Kasamu both are wash.
i am neutral.... All I want is internal democracy
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by praxisnetworks: 12:11pm On May 19, 2016
There is no PDP in Ekiti, Fayose is PDP and PDP is Fayose in Ekiti...... don't stay in the creeks and type what you have no knowledge of about Ekiti politics Mr.!

TonyeBarcanista:

Nobody is bigger than the party.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2016
praxisnetworks:
There is no PDP in Ekiti, Fayose is PDP and PDP is Fayose in Ekiti...... don't stay in the creeks and type what you have no knowledge of about Ekiti politics Mr.!

Pls go tell the judge...

This is Kashamu V Fayose... leave me out

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

i am neutral.... All I want is internal democracy

Neutrality in internal politics,
Na this kain thing go make Sevilla beat una like Liverpool.

Abeg choose one,if you can't I help you choose Fayose.
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by praxisnetworks: 12:18pm On May 19, 2016
Kashamu is fighting hard to ensure his extradition problem goes away via Tinubu n co...and PDP disruption is he's own end of the deal.
TonyeBarcanista:
Pls go tell the judge...

This is Kashamu V Fayose... leave me out

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:18pm On May 19, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Neutrality in internal politics,
Na this kain thing go make Sevilla beat una like Liverpool.

Abeg choose one,if you can't I help you choose Fayose.
With time you will know my stand.

BTW: This is SW/Ekiti politics...
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:20pm On May 19, 2016
praxisnetworks:
Kashamu is fighting hard to ensure his extradition problem goes away via Tinubu n co...and PDP disruption is he's own end of the deal.
You no know wetin you de talk

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Kyase(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2016
Only good news this week. Sai baba.
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
With time you will know my stand.

BTW: This is SW/Ekiti politics...

We all know.
The Sherrif stand.

On a lighter note , hope its still Fayose for V.P,
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 19, 2016
Amazing decision by the Court
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by praxisnetworks: 12:23pm On May 19, 2016
I know more than you can ever imagine.
TonyeBarcanista:

You no know wetin you de talk
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:26pm On May 19, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

We all know. The Sherrif stand.
On a lighter note , hope its still Fayose for V.P,
lol... I haven't aligned yet. Very soon you will know.

Fayoae can't be VP

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

lol... I haven't aligned yet. Very soon you will know.

Fayoae can't be VP
I know, but your write-ups seem to have to.

I maintain Fayose for V P
Anything outside that is.......
Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by modath(f): 12:37pm On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

Fayose single handedly (+maybe Mimiko) foisted Shekau on PDP, he is bigger than PDP, he just isn't bigger than Nigerian laws.

Fayose's boy will still be PS....

Fayose is Ekiti PDP, the others are interlopers....

Kashamu has a script he's paying inside PDP's rank, he comes across more as agent provocateur....

How did the Amala and moet runs go awry exactly? smiley cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by goodlifehyd1: 12:45pm On May 19, 2016
Who noticed Fayose had turned deaf and dumb since FFK went to Efcc underground restaurant for "beans and water solution"

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
I know, but your write-ups seem to have to.
I maintain Fayose for V P Anything outside that is.......
Hahaha... You mean Vice Principal?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEND Backs Reps Summon Of Jonathan Over Malabu Oil Deal / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso / World War III: North Korea Release Photos Of Tanks Lined Up For War With US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.