Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Advice On Career Path. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Career Path. (4280 Views)

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R / 4 Tough Calls To Make On Career Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Career Path. by dahgifted(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Good day Nlanders!

I'm a graduate of Business Administration, hoping to serve next year, 26 years of age and i really need an input from experienced persons.
i want to learn digital skills but I'm confused on the exact one to venture into citing the skills with high demand in both home and abroad that reeks back bountiful money.
secondly I'm also considering going for masters but also don't know the exact discipline that will be pleasant since i already have BSC in business administration.
I just want to make the best decision on which Career path to follow.

PS : I plan to travel abroad it in few years time as nothing seems to be working here in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Career Path. by aliyuthayo(m): 10:35am On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

I'm a graduate of Business Administration, hoping to serve next year, 26 years of age and i really need an input from experienced persons.
i want to learn digital skills but I'm confused on the exact one to venture into citing the skills with high demand in both home and abroad that reeks back bountiful money.
secondly I'm also considering going for masters but also don't know the exact discipline that will be pleasant since i already have BSC in business administration.

PS : I plan to travel abroad it in few years time as nothing seems to be working here in Nigeria.

All Digital Skills offer the same level of opportunities, but the real deal here is your skills and certification.
Certifications get you noticed and Skillls keep you on the job.

8 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by dahgifted(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2023
aliyuthayo:

All Digital Skills offer the same level of opportunities, but the real deal here is your skills and certification.
Certifications get you noticed and Skillls keep you on the job.
So which skill would you recommend for a newbie?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by jesmond3945: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
data science

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Fellowlove(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

Try learning Web development

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by ednut1(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2023
Masters without work experience is a waste of time. Dont do it. Ideally you should work for 3 to 5 years first before going for an MBA or a relevant masters. Find your way into an audit firm, bank, telecom or fmcg.

7 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by KingLennon(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
You said nothinq is working here, but people are making it here. Travelling abroad is not for everybody. Learn a digital skill, invest in a physical business and you can maybe do masters here in Nigeria. Then see yourself, swimming in money cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Emekuz256(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
Op... We are in the same shoes , confused on which digital skills to go for bt will figure out anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by sageb: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

for digital skill, learn Data analytics.

Instead of applying for the normal Msc in Business admin. You go for MBA.
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by ATEAMS: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
We move
Re: Advice On Career Path. by seanwilliam(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
Learn brikila or plumbing,

Thank me later
Re: Advice On Career Path. by danietohbadt(m): 11:58am On Dec 21, 2023
Since you studied Business Administration, then it'll make sense for you to follow a career path in Human Resource Management.

I'll advice you join Professional Bodies like CIPM, NITAD, SHRM et al.

You can write your CIPM during service to get a discount as a Corp Member.

Then for the Masters, go for MBA with option in HRM.

All the best

5 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by abba190: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2023
just japa and hustle digital skills most of them will be replaced by artificial intellingence in a near future

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Lovemeharder(f): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2023
Acquire some good digital skills and make cool cash before your masters.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by viodemus: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
There is no silver bul/et.

Any one or more you learn, try learn am properly, and adjust to its advancement accordingly.

No time.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

cv
Re: Advice On Career Path. by aliyuthayo(m): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
If you have time to spare 6-9 months, you can do Cyber Security

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Skillsnigeria: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Advice On Career Path. by BRATISLAVA: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

VA
Re: Advice On Career Path. by qtx(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
jesmond3945:
data science
Data science, you must have flare for scripting like python, R etc to be successful in data science. If he/she doesnt like that, he/she had better know now.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by qtx(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
dahgifted:
Good day Nlanders!

If you want to avoid digital skills that involve programming or scripting, you can go for graphic design with photoshop, illustrator. Not basic ones like canva

4 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by haggai247: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Copywriting, marketing and sales, the big three AI can't replace.
if you need any course on web design programming, copywriting blogging SEO kdp CPA YouTube TikTok Facebook ads etc.
And Any course on earth na me be your best plug.

Email haggaiandy@gmail.com for requires my rate are moderate you can also buy from bisarena.org if you don't want to deal with me.
Re: Advice On Career Path. by jesmond3945: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
qtx:

Data science, you must have flare for scripting like python, R etc to be successful in data science. If he/she doesnt like that, he/she had better know now.
my dear you have to force yourself to like it o in this time and age that AI is taking over jobs.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by jesmond3945: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
qtx:

If you want to avoid digital skills that involve programming or scripting, you can go for graphic design with photoshop, illustrator. Not basic ones like canva
with gpt4 and other tools? Can she compete?
Re: Advice On Career Path. by jesmond3945: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
haggai247:
Copywriting, marketing and sales, the big three AI can't replace.
if you need any course on web design programming, copywriting blogging SEO kdp CPA YouTube TikTok Facebook ads etc.
And Any course on earth na me be your best plug.

Email haggaiandy@gmail.com for requires my rate are moderate you can also buy from bisarena.org if you don't want to deal with me.
lol. Drink coffee bro.
Re: Advice On Career Path. by qtx(m): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
jesmond3945:
with gpt4 and other tools? Can she compete?
Not as a total novice o, you still need to know it before it can make sense for it to use AI to generate it

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Puremark(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Emekuz256:
Op... We are in the same shoes , confused on which digital skills to go for bt will figure out anyway.
learn forex trading and thank me later.
Re: Advice On Career Path. by nataliarelish(f): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thank You for this valuable incites

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Unclebayo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Acquire some good digital skills and make cool cash before your masters.
Listen to this advice

1 Like

Re: Advice On Career Path. by Jeshurun90: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
Forex trading

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oceanography (marine Science) / Here Is What Wikipedia Has To Say About Seun Osewa (lalasticlala) : Photos / How Much Money Must You Make Before Returning To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.