Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! (12932 Views)

Bayelsa APC Accuses Silva Of Betrayal / Breaking News: Governor Akpabio Collapses, Rushed To UK Hospital / 1500 PDP Members Decamp To APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2011
JayJohnson:

The guy is finished

Come-o-o,which guy are u referin to? I hope ur not talking to me,
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
superior1:

He is a fool. That is a suicidal move if the story is true. Obviously, he cant win the seat and he will yet be in opposition. Iya meji tije Okugbe re. Person wey dem wan fry wey dey take oil rob body, i pity mama timipre  cry cry

This might just be a master stroke in the polity of Nigeria at present. PDP is finished and on its last leg but even so might produce one or two more presidents before it packs up into opposition to never return. This man has a fore sight and has made an early break. APGA is secretly GEJ  party was he not their candidate for the 2011 election?? undecided
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by begwong: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
Is it a[b] MUST[/b] for him to clinch bayelsa sate guber ticket tongue tongue tongue
upengineer:

I doubt this News. Whats your source?
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by amtheone(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
That is what this thiefs(Politicians) are known for. They never thought of how to leave office. Now he has move to another party in order to continue his looting.

Very soon he will form his party.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by ochukoccna: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
Dude had it coming
Too bad he never read the writing on the wall that has been so obvious for Nigerians to see.
Was he& his minders that blind?
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by dayokanu(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
I thought the Nairaland GEJ spammer called beaf said he was heading to ACN?

I pity all those that believe the falsehood he peddles daily
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by arogbowei: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
Good riddance to bad rubbish! We hope the next man will learn from this and work for the people.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by MurderX: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
Jonathan recommended Ben Bruce, so Sylva no get mouth. Na oyinbo go soon become bayelsa govenor.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Kilode1: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2011
dayokanu:

I thought the Nairaland GEJ spammer called beaf said he was heading to ACN?

I pity all those that believe the falsehood he peddles daily

I just say make I quiet before ni o

Maybe AGPA is now under ACN  undecided

Afterall, "EFCC is under Yahoo Yahoo" - a la the amazingly eloquent Rita Kokolet Isoken    grin
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by PointB: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

Afterall, "EFCC is under Yahoo Yahoo" - a la the amazingly eloquent Rita Kokolet Isoken    grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
That got me cracking up. grin grin grin grin

Did somebody actually say that?  grin grin grin grin grin
Wonderful
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2011
Was Silva previously with PDP?

If so, this move is better. We're in 2011, anything can happen before 2015.  If PDPs need to switch, ACN is not the best place to go; wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2011
having been disqualified by PDP

Lawd have mercy!! grin Desperate times calls for desperate MOVES
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by cjfavour(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
guys d news is dt sylva was nt cleared because he's operating foreign account wwhile still in power. Bruce was nt cleared because he has dual citizenship problem. Bro jo does nt want to loose his state so he's nt allowing any loose end. though both men are on stand by. If silva have moved to another party,dt means nailing his own coffin. To d party dt admitted him,what a shame for admitting a known failure.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by lagcity(m): 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

grin grin grin grin
[size=18pt]
People have already predicted a sharp rise for apga come 2015 with all the waves Rochas is making. Am i surprise by this move, hell no. Even delta state is in line to embrace Apga. Acn has already finished growing with Fashola serving his final term.[/size]

naive. u have inferiority complex. why compare APGA (a party with no future) with ACN? Mr pediatrician, who told u ACN has finished growing? grin grin
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
If he actually moves to APGA, he is effectively beating GEJ to his own major base. GEJ won't go after him with similar vigor because if he does, he risks being dumped by Ndigbo. Simple logic. The only way GEJ can still go after him is if he has no 2015 ambition.
If this is true, then, this Silva dude is a genius.  cool
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
Onlytruth:

If he actually moves to APGA, he is effectively beating GEJ to his own major base. GEJ won't go after him with similar vigor because if he does, he risks being dumped by Ndigbo. Simple logic. The only way GEJ can still go after him is if he has no 2015 ambition.
If this is true, then, this Silva dude is a genius.  cool

Me, I just love how you try to see logic where there is no logic, for self or group perseverance.

tongue

Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by lagcity(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
“I assure all – the people of Bayelsa State, my supporters and others – that I remain in the race for re-election as Governor of Bayelsa State on the platform of the PDP. I am in the race to win. I am a founding member of the PDP. I wish to remain a member of the PDP. And we all look forward to a free, fair and transparent contest." - Sylva

“In the past few days, I have read all manner of reports in the media concerning our Bayelsa State, our Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and myself. Specifically, there have been reports that I have been disqualified or going to be disqualified by my party. These reports are unfounded, laughable, but disturbing. I have not been disqualified. And there is no basis for my disqualification" - Sylva

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/02/i-am-in-the-race-to-win-%E2%80%94gov-sylva/
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
lagcity:

naive. u have inferiority complex. why compare APGA (a party with no future) with ACN? Mr pediatrician, who told u ACN has finished growing? grin grin

Face the reality and not trade insults. The guy joined APGA not ACN. iF U ever wondered where the south south was heading post PDP dis mov is a very big indication.  cool
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Onlytruth(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
Posted by: *Ileke-IdI

Me, I just love how you try to see logic where there is no logic, for self or group perseverance.

My logic is usually not for pedestrians.  cool
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
Onlytruth:

My logic is usually not for pedestrians.  cool

I hear you grin Crawling is always an option.

Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
OASN, OnlyTruth, there is nothing logical in what you assumed is going on here. I'd think that APGA would present better candidate (Okorocha) for 2015. Why would they take offense to GEJ going after Silva?

If my memory serves me right, didnt GEJ promise to step down for the SE region in 2015? So what's the fear and worry about?
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Onlytruth(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2011

OASN, OnlyTruth, there is nothing logical in what you assumed is going on here. I'd think that APGA would present better candidate (Okorocha) for 2015. Why would they take offense to GEJ going after Silva?

If my memory serves me right, didnt GEJ promise to step down for the SE region in 2015? So what's the fear and worry about?

You see why a woman has never won Nigerian presidency. Y'all are still slow to catch up with the "man game" of politics. grin
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2011
Onlytruth:

You see why a woman has never won Nigerian presidency. Y'all are still slow to catch up with the "man game" of politics. grin

A man's game indeed.

GEJ won also depended greatly on GEJ's promise to step down for the SE come 2015. That's what the chaos was about on nl A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. A woman like myself, pointed out the utter foolishness of the SE to vote for GEJ based on his promise and his "middle name". Now the SE is rushing for 2015? I'd think they'd be more settled down since "GEJ promised to step down for the SE in 2015".

Your logical reasoning is that Silva is shifting to APGA for 2015, even if we're still in 2011 and the man may sooner move to Accord come 2012. Make less sense since Okorocha makes better opponent than Silva, so why should APGA fret if GEJ comes after Silva?

Only the person that sits on the fence can see what moves each side is making.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2011
lagcity:

“I assure all – the people of Bayelsa State, my supporters and others – that I remain in the race for re-election as Governor of Bayelsa State on the platform of the PDP. I am in the race to win. I am a founding member of the PDP. I wish to remain a member of the PDP. And we all look forward to a free, fair and transparent contest." - Sylva

“In the past few days, I have read all manner of reports in the media concerning our Bayelsa State, our Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and myself. Specifically, there have been reports that I have been disqualified or going to be disqualified by my party. These reports are unfounded, laughable, but disturbing. I have not been disqualified. And there is no basis for my disqualification" - Sylva

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/02/i-am-in-the-race-to-win-%E2%80%94gov-sylva/

grin grin Fake news
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by lagcity(m): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Face the reality and not trade insults. The guy joined APGA not ACN. iF U ever wondered where the south south was heading post PDP dis mov is a very big indication. cool

guy so u r serious abt this post PDP thing? anyway, in abt a month, you will see. u r very naive, kid. u don't know politics. remember how Orji got y'all BP up when he joined APGA grin

Bliss4Lyfe:

grin grin Fake news

my link is fake news but you don't have link to prove Sylva joined APGA.SMH. it won't take long b4 your eye open.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
lagcity:

guy so u r serious abt this post PDP thing? anyway, in abt a month, you will see. u r very naive, kid. u don't know politics. remember how Orji got y'all BP up when he joined APGA grin

my link is fake news but you don't have link to prove Sylva joined APGA.SMH. it won't take long b4 your eye open.

LMAO. DELIRIOUS!!!I did not post this article and u give the impression of a clueless despot. grin grin Silva joining APGA or remaining in PDP is of no consequential to me, infact ACN deserves his candidacy. grin grin
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by lagcity(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

LMAO. DELIRIOUS!!!I did not post this article and u give the impression of a clueless despot. grin grin Silva joining APGA or remaining in PDP is of no consequential to me, infact ACN deserves his candidacy. grin grin

it sure feels good to lie to urself ehn? anyway, pls urself.
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2011
lagcity:

it sure feels good to lie to urself ehn? anyway, pls urself.

[size=18pt]lollz!!! ACN is a doomed party, take it from me and quit lying to yourself.[/size] grin grin grin
Re: News Governor Timipre Silva Of Bayelsa Switches To Apga! by nduchucks: 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Onlytruth, please go and hide your face in shame. A nice babe just destroyed you - I hope you are tough enough for the pill. pele o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria May Enjoy Stable Electricity In One Month / Boko-Haram: Ijora Landlords To Evict Northerners / Appeal Court Upholds Election Of Ortom, Benue Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.