Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House (5898 Views)

Southern Governors Wives Storm Owerri / MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / Abia Govt Recalls Sacked Non-indigenes Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 3:53am On Nov 02, 2011
[size=15pt]Imo natives sacked by Abia govt storm Owerri Govt House[/size]

On November 2, 2011 · In News

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI-Workers of Imo State origin recently sacked by Abia State Government Tuesday stormed Government House, Owerri, to plead with Governor Rochas Okorocha to absorb them into the state civil and public service.

The dismissed workers, comprising mostly female teachers, health personnel and local council staff, who wore black skirts and white blouses, came in over 15 chartered commercial buses, chanting diatribes on Abia State Government for callously throwing them into the labour market.

The aggrieved workers were armed with placards with various inscriptions, some of which read: “Owelle Rochas is our hope”, “Imo indigenes in Abia State civil service have arrived home”, “Please rescue Imo indigenes sacked by Abia Government”.

Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, Mr. Eze Ikemefula, expressed regret that after serving Abia State Government for several years and with monumental contributions towards the development of that state, Governor Theodore Orji rewarded them with summary dismissal.

Addressing the protesting workers, the Secretary to the Government of Imo State, SGI, Professor Anthony Anwuka, described their plight as “quite pathetic” and assured them that government would definitely do something about their case.

Anwuka recalled that he was “once a victim of the high handedness and obnoxious indigenization policy of Abia State Government when it sacked all non-indigenes in the old Imo State University (now Abia State University, Uturu) upon its creation in 1991”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/imo-natives-sacked-by-abia-govt-storm-owerri-govt-house/
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by ChinenyeN(m): 4:47am On Nov 02, 2011
I'm still waiting to hear news of other states sacking Abians.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Onlytruth(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2011
ChinenyeN, you haven't heard other Igbo states because they are smarter than Abians!

Meanwhile this is what a smart Abian living in Ebonyi state said:

T.A Orji warned on historical implications of sack of non-natives
•Reminded that ‘Aro’ people could be sent packing to Abia

An Ebonyi State based public affairs analyst and politician, Chief Bekee Orji has warned Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State on the historical implications of his recent action against non Abia natives in the state civil service, urging him to retrace his step.

Bekee Orji, who hails from Isuochi, Abia State but has lived in Ebonyi State all his life, noted that from a recent comment by a commissioner, “it is as if the action is a sort of vengeance; based on that, I do not know if the Abia State Government understands the implication of what they have done.”

He reminded the governor that the populous Aro people, found in every part of Igboland and beyond were Abia natives, who might be sent packing, because of his action, by their host states.

Said he: “You can imagine what happens if Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra decide to sack the Aro people, who are found everywhere. If they want to say non-natives should go, then half of Anambra may have to return to Abia; one quarter of Ebonyi will return to Abia.”

He stressed that most of the Aro people, who still traced their origin to Arochukwu were all non-natives of Anambra; “the same thing in Imo, Bayelsa, Ebonyi and what have you.
“I would have loved the man to let the sleeping dog lie. I am from Abia; I have lived here in Ebonyi all my life and I know how sensitive these issues are and its probable consequences.”
Chief Bekee Orji called on the Abia State governor to resign his position or better to retrace his steps instead of taking the route.

“He will not know what could happen to him and his family with time; he will not be governor forever. Something happened sometime and you did not deem it fit to react that time; if he refuses to listen to advice, he will only end up suffering people from in and around the South-east.

“I am not speaking for other states to take such an action but to remind the Abia State Government of what it may not have considered before embarking on that costly journey of sacking fellow Igbos from his state.
“The consequences of that action are something I will not want to witness, neither will I want to partake in the repercussions. A word they say is enough for the wise.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/02/national-02-11-2011-0026.html
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Onlytruth(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2011
I suspect where Orji and Abians are going with this thinking. But if other Igbo states retaliate fully, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth in Abia more than in other Igbo states.

I'm shocked at the stupidity of Abia state.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by FACE(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2011
Onlytruth, some us have already shown our disgust at Orji and I think it is unfair that you keep referring to Abians rather than Orji. I will say it again that Orji is acting like a gangstar, minimising our potentials in Abia and exposing innocent Abians to unnecessary hostility.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
This is what happens when we fail to build a system that work. Rather we build individuals, who can take decisions that will be detrimental to te populace. See what orji has done. He has compounded the woes of Abia state that before now has been bedeviled with kidnappings and Armed-robbery. Now all you see about Abia state is negative news. May God zoputa Abia from the hands of ndi amosu.

I also hope Imo state does not take the Imo indigenes that were displaced. He should send them back to Abia. That's where they belong, whether TA Orji likes it or not.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by ChinenyeN(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2011
FACE:

Onlytruth, some us have already shown our disgust at Orji and I think it is unfair that you keep referring to Abians rather than Orji. I will say it again that Orji is acting like a gangstar, minimising our potentials in Abia and exposing innocent Abians to unnecessary hostility.

I believe the expression is "Gbam". Onlytruth, abi you get eye to see and read.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by ChinenyeN(m): 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2011
Onlytruth:

ChinenyeN, you haven't heard other Igbo states because they are smarter than Abians!

Have other states done what Orji has done? Yes or No. Have other Igbo states done what Orji has done? Yes or No. No one holds monopoly on foolishness, my friend.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by kindla(f): 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
Abians chairman 'SO CALLED GOVERNOR T.A ORJI' dosen't know d implecation of wat he did
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
kindla:

Abians chairman 'SO CALLED GOVERNOR T.A ORJI' dosen't know d implecation of wat he did

Neither do fools know the implication of being foolish.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Ifemyke: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
This is what the Abians asked for. (T A ORJI) They had opportunities to send this guy back to his village but they choose to play
dirty politics. T.A ORJI is and will remain an ingrate. When Abians said that they dont want ORJI UZOR , They should have known that
this T A is worse and should have looked for alternatives. Dont tell me that there were no alternatives.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
Ifemyke:

This is what the Abians asked for. (T A ORJI) They had opportunities to send this guy back to his village but they choose to play
dirty politics. T.A ORJI is and will remain an ingrate. When Abians said that they dont want ORJI UZOR , They should have known that
this T A is worse and should have looked for alternatives. Dont tell me that there were no alternatives.

Actually, there were no alternatives. The opposition candidates were not good enough.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Ifemyke: 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2011
Afam, you mean T A was the best? Sorry , i beg to disagree. The signs were there in his first term. I am not from Abia but honestly,
any other person even a trader in Aba should have been better. Can you tell us why he is better than others? We are waiting.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by shimol(m): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2011
My mom is a victim of this enigmatic/dis-heartening act. She just has about 3yrs to get retired. Due to this old freaky tribalism, she has no hope of being a principal at level 16. Now, she transits from Aba to Asaba in order to be accepted by Delta State where we are from, *sobs*,
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
shimol:

My mom is a victim of this enigmatic/dis-heartening act. She just has about 3yrs to get retired. Due to this old freaky tribalism, she has no hope of being a principal at level 16.Now, she transits from Aba to Asaba in order to be accepted by Delta State where we are from, *sobs*,

She along with other Igbos from Delta should make sure Abians are thrown out of Delta as well. Also, it would be good for her to go to surrounding Igbo states for employment in the sector she was in. Very soon spots will become available because Abians will soon be kicked out. The other govs have no choice. I also suggest she along with other Igbo that were kicked out of office get together and have one major protest in all Igoid states. Either they return the jobs or have a mass exodus of Abians out of our states. Imagine the fool wants to bring another Abondoned Property to our people.

Someone who fails to practice compromise,especially when he is on the losing end, should be fed his own medicine and with Ose ekpo ekpo.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
should we count how many ibos are in Rivers State govt house? angry angry
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

should we count how many igbos are in Rivers State govt house? angry angry

Oh shut up fool. The majority of Rivers State is Igbo. After military rule, how many non-Igbos have been governor of Rivers State? Please think before you speak.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by shimol(m): 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2011
many thanks
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2011
So what would now happen to e.g Imo indegenes sacked by Abia?

Would it be ok for Abia citizens to hold on to positions in Imo while the indegenes are unemployed because Orji sacked them?

Same for other states?
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2011
@maki
should we count how many Ijaws are in Bayelsa State govt house? What a joke. 
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Oh shut up fool. The majority of Rivers State is Igbo. After military rule, how many non-Igbos have been governor of Rivers State? Please think before you speak.

grin u r surely the biggest fool ever, who told u majority of Rivers are ibos? angry, u r not enlightened at all no wonder this trash is coming from u. grin .big buffoon like u.
if u dont know ask questions and stop exposing how poor ur IQ is, u slowpoke grin angry
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2011
afam4eva:

@maki
should we count how many Ijaws are in Bayelsa State govt house? What a joke. 

wat r u implying?, we r discussing about non-indigenes in a state govt house, are d ijaws not from bayelsa?
so i dont understand ur joke,
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

grin u r surely the biggest fool ever, who told u majority of Rivers are ibos? angry, u r not enlightened at all no wonder this trash is coming from u. grin .big buffoon like u.
if u dont know ask questions and stop exposing how poor your IQ is, u slowpoke grin angry

Please get off of the kai kai. It is too strong for you. The Majority of Rivers State is Igbo. if it is a lie then which ethnic group in Rivers State is more than the Igbos?
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

wat r u implying?, we r discussing about non-indigenes in a state govt house, are d ijaws not from bayelsa?
so i dont understand your joke,

Just as I thought. Only a fool would not get what afam4eva is implying. Use your head dude.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Please get off of the kai kai. It is too strong for you. The Majority of Rivers State is Igbo. if it is a lie then which ethnic group in Rivers State is more than the Igbos?

u r so mad, i will not school u, browse the internet and learn, fool
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Just as I thought. Only a fool would not get what afam4eva is implying. Use your head dude.

reading from d topic and my first post, is only a fool like u that can understand in his on way wat afam4eva posted.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

u r so mad, i will not school u, browse the internet and learn, fool

Like i thought,lol. . .So next time keep you mouth shut. We Igbos are the majority in Rivers State.never forget that.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

reading from d topic and my first post, is only a fool like u that can understand in his on way wat afam4eva posted.

hmph.(Back to topic)
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Like i thought,lol. . .So next time keep you mouth shut. We Igbos are the majority in Rivers State.never forget that.

fooooooolllll in the highest order,
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
@maki
Let's keep this discussion as civil as possible. Now pls answer the question that Chyz posed. Which group is the majority in rivers state? If it's not Igbos, then, are there any Igbo groups in rivers state?
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by maki(f): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
y'all read and learn, go to wikipedia

Rivers State is one of the 36 states of Nigeria. Its capital is Port Harcourt. It is bounded on the South by the Atlantic Ocean, to the North by Imo, Abia and Anambra States, to the East by Akwa Ibom State and to the West by Bayelsa and Delta states. Rivers state is home to a variety of ethnic groups, including Abua, Andoni, Ekpeye, Engenni, Etche, lbani, lkwerre, Kalabari, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Okrika and Ogoni.[3]

The inland part of Rivers state consists of tropical rainforest; towards the coast the typical Niger Delta environment features many mangrove swamps.

Rivers state, named after the many rivers that border its territory, was part of the Oil Rivers Protectorate from 1885 till 1893, when it became part of the Niger Coast Protectorate. In 1900 the region was merged with the chartered territories of the Royal Niger Company to form the colony of Southern Nigeria.

The state was formed in 1967 with the split of the Eastern Region of Nigeria. Until 1996 the state contained the area which is now in the Bayelsa State.
Re: Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House by Chyz2: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2011
maki:

y'all read and learn, go to wikipedia

Rivers State is one of the 36 states of Nigeria. Its capital is Port Harcourt. It is bounded on the South by the Atlantic Ocean, to the North by Imo, Abia and Anambra States, to the East by Akwa Ibom State and to the West by Bayelsa and Delta states. Rivers state is home to a variety of ethnic groups, including Abua, Andoni, Ekpeye, Engenni, Etche, lbani, lkwerre, Kalabari, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Okrika and Ogoni.[3]

The inland part of Rivers state consists of tropical rainforest; towards the coast the typical Niger Delta environment features many mangrove swamps.

Rivers state, named after the many rivers that border its territory, was part of the Oil Rivers Protectorate from 1885 till 1893, when it became part of the Niger Coast Protectorate. In 1900 the region was merged with the chartered territories of the Royal Niger Company to form the colony of Southern Nigeria.

The state was formed in 1967 with the split of the Eastern Region of Nigeria. Until 1996 the state contained the area which is now in the Bayelsa State.

Just like a typical ijo fisherman. When its to suit your view, the Igbo clans become separate ethnicities but when any of them are against your ambitions then they all become IGBO. Reminds me of your Uncle, Edwin Clarke, lol Igbo(Ikwerre.Etche, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, and Ekpeye).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Debate Live Update / Tony Blair Visit Buhari In UK Hospital / Soludo: We Are Rebuilding The Social Contract Ndi Anambra Has With Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.