Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct (11049 Views)

Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Botswanans Send Back South African Truck Drivers At Their Border Over Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by joseph1832(m): 6:53am On Dec 24, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You really should not be making comments about stuff you know very little about. Every Nigerian, is allowed entry into Nigeria without hindrance whether they are traveling with an expired passport or not. It is NOT a crime to return to your country of citizenship with an expired passport
ok
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Mynd44: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:
two wrong doesn't make a right, right. Good. After the NIS have dealt with its members, they should also investigate that professor for why he traveled with an expired Nigerian passport.

If its found that he indeed, traveled with an expired Nigerian passport, the professor should be disciplined also. It's that simple.
Travelling with an expired passport is not a crime. You can come into Nigeria with one as long as you are a Nigerian
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Lookawaybrand: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2023
This has happened to me before .
It was on my arrival at Abuja international airport.
On my arrival, i placed call to my friend with my phone to come and pick me, which after my luggage was checked and cleared , so getting downstairs waiting for my friend to come, i decided to call him again to tell him my location, it's then i discovered my phone was missing...
Immediately i rushed back to where my luggage was checked , then get the immigration officers engaged and asked them to let us view my movement and luggage check details inside their CCTV when they first deny not having knowledge of the phone ...That was how one of them called me inside and handed over my phone to me ....
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by joseph1832(m): 7:02am On Dec 24, 2023
Mynd44:

Travelling with an expired passport is not a crime. You can come into Nigeria with one as long as you are a Nigerian
so I was told.

I wonder, what about those who have relinquish their Nigerian citizenship. How will immigration know?
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Gainman: 7:14am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:
two wrong doesn't make a right, right. Good. After the NIS have dealt with its members, they should also investigate that professor for why he traveled with an expired Nigerian passport.

If its found that he indeed, traveled with an expired Nigerian passport, the professor should be disciplined also. It's that simple.
is like one of your relatives dey work for seme border
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Gainman: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:

Why u no dey quiet. Someone was coming into his own country and u are accusing him of holding an expired passport. Are u okay?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Rowj: 7:22am On Dec 24, 2023
MrProlific95:
How can you be working for Tinubu and you are ordering probe of someone for misconduct please.
una don start ba, enemy of progress
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by ItShallPass: 7:48am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:

He had a valid U.S passport and came to Nigeria solely for the purpose of renewing his Nigerian passport.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Mynd44: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:
so I was told.

I wonder, what about those who have relinquish their Nigerian citizenship. How will immigration know?
Relinquishing your citizenship isn't what they do. They are just chasing clout.

To fully relinquish your citizenship, the president has to sign
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by youngrichnigga: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2023
Na today, acting as if that's not the norm at the border and other custom checkpoints undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Indispensable85(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2023
Seme border....hmmmmm
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by joseph1832(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2023
Mynd44:

Relinquishing your citizenship isn't what they do. They are just chasing clout.

To fully relinquish your citizenship, the president has to sign
I see.

What exactly do they do? I hear some of my friends who have 'relinquished' their Nigerian citizenship say, they pay for visa before entering Nigeria.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Shinor(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2023
Nukilia:
This minister is 100% effective

How about the woman at the airport the other day? We are used to reacting after an incident that's why most things don't work. This minister who seems like he wants to do do the right thing (and I support him) must go beyond investigation and sacking.

About time a total overhaul of the immigration department is carried out and fresh recruitment embarked upon.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Oracben: 8:30am On Dec 24, 2023
Any form of misconduct should be condemned in very strong terms
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by ysg4real(m): 8:32am On Dec 24, 2023
Maybe you need to check your facts, there is the federal government allows you to come into the country with expired passports. Its the directives for the past 3 -4 years. please verify.

joseph1832:

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by ysg4real(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2023
That aside, you are even allowed to come into the country with expired passport, many people dont know this.

ItShallPass:

He had a valid U.S passport and came to Nigeria solely for the purpose of renewing his Nigerian passport.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Morphinne: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:

He actually told them that he came home to renew the said passport. These people need iron hands as nothing is working in this country. He was even lucky they didn’t kill him. He knew he did nothing wrong according to his account but only played wise and decided to part ways with that $40 just to avoid story that touches not knowing they had already stolen over $500 cash from the luggage they searched.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by femicyrus(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2023
Is this not the same ministry headed by aregbesola for many years without anything good to point at?
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by dfrost: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2023
ysg4real:
That aside, you are even allowed to come into the country with expired passport, many people dont know this.

Many people know. That guy doesn't know.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by femicyrus(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2023
Gainman:
Why u no dey quiet. Someone was coming into his own country and u are accusing him of holding an expired passport. Are u okay?
Why should a Passport even expire?
Renewal should be based on if it is damaged, defaced or fully used to the last page.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by DWJOBScom(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2023
slimfit1:
The only minister that is actually governing in Nigeria, the others auto pilot just pay workers wages and steal money. Finance minister is not blocking financial loopholes and not defending naira.

Tunji is really working and the Women affairs minister too
God bless them
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Jayhome24: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2023
They should be dismiss that is it.

Enough is enough been in uniform and constantly embarrassing the country.

Pls dismissal without time wasting....
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Kinkinatus(m): 11:10am On Dec 24, 2023
CGI, this is a simple stuff. Disguise your officers as tourists. Kit them up with hidden cameras and when they travel Seme border to Lagos, you will see how rotten the officials arr.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by tungamaje: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2023
joseph1832:

So because his passport is expired, he should no more return to his fatherland? Haba! This your reasoning made no sense
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by jahsharon: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2023
MrProlific95:
How can you be working for Tinubu and you are ordering probe of someone for misconduct please.

To whom brain is given, sense is expected nah. Use your brain for once
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Essentialniga: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2023
Na wa for this professor sef. Why you no renew your international passport , use flight instead? So you actually gave them 40$ for bribe...if they didn't take $500 , you wouldn't report now...
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Nukilia: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2023
Shinor:

How about the woman at the airport the other day? We are used to reacting after an incident that's why most things don't work. This minister who seems like he wants to do do the right thing (and I support him) must go beyond investigation and sacking.

About time a total overhaul of the immigration department is carried out and fresh recruitment embarked upon.

A total overhaul is good but it will be seen as ethnic cleansing...
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Care4: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2023
MrProlific95:

Two different things.
He is doing what is expected of a minister, whether appointed by a man you voted for or not.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by IPG25(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
It's well
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by Countersam(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
TheRareGem1:

https://www.thecable.ng/tunji-ojo-orders-probe-of-officials-at-seme-border-over-misconduct/amp

Cc mynd44 lalasticlala seun

Just because one influential person spoke out.... The NIS officials at sème border are very WI ked and corrupt and deal heartlessly with the common travellers who have nobody to report to.... That place needs serious sanitation and reorientation of officials including Police, Customs and NDlea. The illegal harassments a d extortion must stop.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by biFixit(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
That's due process and more people should be encouraged to speak up to let government officials know the situations on ground.
If you see something, say something, else, you'll think Government is not working.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct by LordofNaija: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
In my opinion, both the giver and the taker are complicit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi's Port Harcourt In Pictures / Photos: President Jonathan Receives Awards In Abuja / Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.