Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida (16142 Views)

Unongo: We Supported Buhari In 2015, Risked Our Lives, History Will Judge Him / Ibrahim Musa Kazaure: I Deserve To Be Jailed Over How I Served Nigeria / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by toprealman: 4:17am On Dec 25, 2023
OyinO:

Seems you're an indomie generation folk talking from assumption. Go and study Nigerian history especially the shit these retired generals did.
I’m probably your dad’s mate. The indomie you mentioned, I was part of the team that did the market research back in the days!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Omalicious1: 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
BucketHat:

Architect of Naira devaluation. A lot of Nigerians should please go back to history & verify.

Unfortunately they won't and history is no longer taught in schools anymore...and once a people cant recall their history, then they are doomed.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by tope777(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2023
As you're commenting,please do it with fact by your side.
The last time I checked, no democratic goverment since 1999 has achieved Babangida developmental stride during his 8 years tenor.
Our democratic government only share money or build substandard project.

Shalom.

Check Babangida administration achievement below and compare it with your so called adored democratic goverment since 1999.

Just take a good look at what a Military Man did to position his country (IBB)

- He created Yobe state,
- He created Katsina state,
- He created Taraba state,
- He created Jigawa state,
- He created Kebbi state
- He created Enugu state,
- He created Edo state,
- He created Delta state,
- He created Osun state.
- He created Akwa Ibom state,

- He created Federal Road Safety Corps
- Created Primary Health care in Nigeria

- He created State Security Service (SSS)
- He created National Intelligence Agency (NIA)
- He created Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA).

- He built Asorock Villa.

- He built Third Mainland Bridge, the largest bridge on the continent at the time.

- He completed the Shiroro Hydroelectric Power Station.

- He constructed Toja Bridge in Kebbi.

- He created the Jibia Water Treatment Plant.

-He built Challawa Cenga Dam in Kano.

- Kano - Abuja Dual Carriageway FCT, Abuja.
- Dam in Kano Others includes:

1. ECOWAS Headquarters Secretariat Abuja.

2. He constructed International Conference Centre Abuja.

3. Constructed FHA Estates Nationwide.

4. Constructed High Court Buildings in the States.

5. Constructed Fed Secretariat in 36 States/Abuja.

6. Constructed 2 Political Party Office in 36 States.

7. Constructed the 4 Divisional Headquarters, Nigeria Army.

8. Constructed Military Barracks in Abuja.

9. Constructed Army School of Armour Bauchi.

10. Nigeria Army Amphibious school Calabar.

11. Constructed Quarters for the 4 GOCs

12. Constructed Nigerian Navy Dockyard.

13. Constructed Nigeria Dockyard Snake Island.

14. Constructed Estate for workers of Federal Ministry of Works Housing & FMWH) Nationwide + FCT & Gwagwalada.

15. Constructed Site & SVC’s Satellite towns of 20. Constructed Federal Supreme
Isheri, Lagos, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Prototype Housing Schemes.

16. Constructed FEPA Hdqrt, Abuja.

17. FEPA Zonal Offices Nationwide & Central Laboratory, Yaba Lagos.

18. Constructed National Eye Centre, Kaduna.

19. Aluminium Smelter Company Ikot Abasi.

20. Constructed Federal Supreme Court, Abuja.

21. Constructed the Ajaokuta Steel Project Engineering Works.

22. Constructed Abuja International Airport Phase 1&2.

23. Constructed the National Assembly Abuja.

24. Constructed the Presidential Villa Abuja.

25. National Intelligence Agency(NIA) Headquarters.

26. State Security Services(SSS) Abuja.

27. Constructed Federal Mortgage Bank Hqrtr, Lagos.

29. Federal Mortgage Bank branches nationwide.

30. Constructed CBN Headquarters Abuja.

31. Security & Minting Hdqters Abuja.

32. Constructed Jabi District Abuja.

33. Abuja Central Area Phase 1&2.

34. Constructed Asokoro Area.

35. Constructed Secretariat Buildings for States created in 1991.

36. Houses of Assembly Complex for each States created in 1991.

37. Judiciary Buildings for States created in 1991.

38. Constructed Maitama Gen Hospital Abuja.

39. Wuse Gen Hospital Abuja.

40. State House Hospital Abuja.

41. National Hospital in the States.

42. Gusau Water Supply Scheme.

43. Asokoro Water Supply.

44. Kubwa Water Supply.

45. Abuja Municipal Water supply.

46. Gboko-Yandev Water Works.

47. Boreholes for 1004 Housing.

*And one school of thought will want me to believe that the worst civilian rule is better than the best military regime.*

He did all these in 8 years, paid fuel subsidy, maintained a good dollar to Naira exchange and paid pension/ salary to workers.

But after 24 years of democracy, we are worst of as a nation.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by mikmash(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2023
Come to think of it, this man still exert authority.

Why do the keep rushing to his hill top to seek for counsel. Every Nigerian seeking for the top seat of power goes to Niger.

There must be something about this man called BABANGIDA.

Finally, was the SAP really a bad initiative or it rather failed due to poor implementation. And what was the Nigerian situation back then before accessing the IMF LOAN.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2023
Thieving 419.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2023
The pioneer of Nigeria downfall.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Scamperlee(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2023
History has already judged you
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bluntemperor: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
Scamperlee:
History has already judged you

IBB and History:
History can and will never be kind to him because,he dribbled Nigerians for 8- good years, trying to hold a Non- existing and Fraudulent Democracy,when he knew,like other African Dictators- he was transition to Nowhere! Is that Patriotism on his part?
- Nigeria became a shit in the eyes of the World - the moment he single -handedly Annulled a Free and Fair elections of MKO Abiola, that he wasted NBillions and could not account for it because the CBN was directly under his de-Facto leader and yet Could Not hand over Power -----------because of his Greed, but when the Political heat was on him,he ran to Abuja and when the place turned to Political arena,he Babangida-quickly ----device the Interim- Government( I G) and wrote an illegal notes to the Army ' that if the Interim Govt of Earnest Shonekan ( a Political novice- aman who had served as a Private executive all his life) failed,the Army should allow the Most Senior Member to take over'.
•That was how the Abacha - the dictator and now Mr looter, got to the Political landmines,by ensuring- no politicians will ever get back to Power but he himself was Looting all Nigerian money and resources by stacking them abroad- as he became a maximum leader!
-Is that the person that is seeking validation of his horrendous dismal performances in Nigeria Polity?
-He destroyed the Naira - at a time the World was having Nigeria as a Nation with Credibility,his disdain for illegalities started when he suddenly introduced -SFEM( Second Tier Foreign Exchange Market) and when it was not going well and the World Bank and IMF could not agreed with his economic parameters,he went to introduce SAP( Structural Adjustment Programs) that was never discussed, -overnights,into Nigeria and the Naira never regained its Strength since then!
e g .I know of a Taxi man who sold his vehicle for N79,000 then, thinking he could buy another but the very week of SAP,the same old vehicle became Costly for a Price of N 349,000. and till today, that man never recovered!
-Babangida did committed so much attrocities - and his dribbling of Nigerian, especially the Political Class,led Abacha to do worse and ensured that Abiola's Mandate , and even the Wife( Kudirat ) and the Whole Family Businesses perished!
Is that a man some indomie generationy wants to tell us the story about?
-Let him go and tell his story to those people that benefited,for here is a General that would have earned his name in Gold- but they were copying the othe African leaders like- Mobutu Seseseko of Zaire,the Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe,etc- all these people destroyed there Countries!
He couldn't fix Power- Light under NEPA,he couldn't fix Water for Nigerians but destroyed the Political landscape - with many deaths due to Nigerians,who were demonstrating ,for re-validation of June 12 then,with many, dying on the roads,by traveling back to their Regions and States-- thinking it's over for Nigeria,just because of activities and actions of
Babangida and Abacha -as leadersr and they want history to be kind to them? How?
-The lesson of Power is to impact on the lives of the Populace and know how to quit,when the ovation is loud!
•General Murtala Mohammed few years was impactful and so also was the retired General Abubakar of Minna- because he handled Power back over to the Civilians in 1979.
The rest,as they say is history!
Another Truth again is the Army ,all over the World,was never meant he to rule,as they were never trained in Management of men and resources but Security!
Let nobody come to Social Media - to derail and distort Nigerian History for us!
Truth has no further Investigation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bluntemperor: 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2023
Omalicious1:

Unfortunately they won't and history is no longer taught in schools anymore...and once a people cant recall their history, then they are doomed.

Yes,it was because of bad Govt of IBB, Abacha - that led Schools Not to teach History, again but whether we like it or not, Historians are here and will record all the Evil attrocities committed by Nigerian Politicians, Leaders and Africans ,as well.
No one can erode that!
I pitied the Youths of today,as they don't give any Bleep on the Country Nigeria, except where there is Money - good or bad!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by femi4: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
johannu:
Not only history will judge him, God will judge him for the lives he wasted.
He gave us the best election and use his hand to scatter the results
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Agugbadin: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2023
Can PMB make such comment.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OlujobaSamuel: 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2023
Weyrey, one of your best achievement is traveling round the country.
Jona go come and form leaving the post after losing election, Bubu go form dishing out orders after he was shocked but no one respected the orders, Tinubu go for removing subsidy.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OlujobaSamuel: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2023
Bluntemperor:

IBB and History:
History can and will never be kind to him because,he dribbled Nigerians for 8- good years, trying to hold a Non- existing and Fraudulent Democracy,when he knew,like other African Dictators- he was transition to Nowhere! Is that Patriotism on his part?
- Nigeria became a shit in the eyes of the World - the moment he single -handedly Annulled a Free and Fair elections of MKO Abiola, that he wasted NBillions and could not account for it because the CBN was directly under his de-Facto leader and yet Could Not hand over Power -----------because of his Greed, but when the Political heat was on him,he ran to Abuja and when the place turned to Political arena,he Babangida-quickly ----device the Interim- Government( I G) and wrote an illegal notes to the Army ' that if the Interim Govt of Earnest Shonekan ( a Political novice- aman who had served as a Private executive all his life) failed,the Army should allow the Most Senior Member to take over'.
•That was how the Abacha - the dictator and now Mr looter, got to the Political landmines,by ensuring- no politicians will ever get back to Power but he himself was Looting all Nigerian money and resources by stacking them abroad- as he became a maximum leader!
-Is that the person that is seeking validation of his horrendous dismal performances in Nigeria Polity?
-He destroyed the Naira - at a time the World was having Nigeria as a Nation with Credibility,his disdain for illegalities started when he suddenly introduced -SFEM( Second Tier Foreign Exchange Market) and when it was not going well and the World Bank and IMF could not agreed with his economic parameters,he went to introduce SAP( Structural Adjustment Programs) that was never discussed, -overnights,into Nigeria and the Naira never regained its Strength since then!
e g .I know of a Taxi man who sold his vehicle for N79,000 then, thinking he could buy another but the very week of SAP,the same old vehicle became Costly for a Price of N 349,000. and till today, that man never recovered!
-Babangida did committed so much attrocities - and his dribbling of Nigerian, especially the Political Class,led Abacha to do worse and ensured that Abiola's Mandate , and even the Wife( Kudirat ) and the Whole Family Businesses perished!
Is that a man some indomie generationy wants to tell us the story about?
-Let him go and tell his story to those people that benefited,for here is a General that would have earned his name in Gold- but they were copying the othe African leaders like- Mobutu Seseseko of Zaire,the Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe,etc- all these people destroyed there Countries!
He couldn't fix Power- Light under NEPA,he couldn't fix Water for Nigerians but destroyed the Political landscape - with many deaths due to Nigerians,who were demonstrating ,for re-validation of June 12 then,with many, dying on the roads,by traveling back to their Regions and States-- thinking it's over for Nigeria,just because of activities and actions of
Babangida and Abacha -as leadersr and they want history to be kind to them? How?
-The lesson of Power is to impact on the lives of the Populace and know how to quit,when the ovation is loud!
•General Murtala Mohammed few years was impactful and so also was the retired General Abubakar of Minna- because he handled Power back over to the Civilians in 1979.
The rest,as they say is history!
Another Truth again is the Army ,all over the World,was never meant he to rule,as they were never trained in Management of men and resources but Security!
Let nobody come to Social Media - to derail and distort Nigerian History for us!
Truth has no further Investigation!
You forgot SAP and Annulment
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OlujobaSamuel: 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2023

tope777:
As you're commenting,please do it with fact by your side.
The last time I checked, no democratic goverment since 1999 has achieved Babangida developmental stride during his 8 years tenor.
Our democratic government only share money or build substandard project.

Shalom.

Check Babangida administration achievement below and compare it with your so called adored democratic goverment since 1999.

Just take a good look at what a Military Man did to position his country (IBB)

- He created Yobe state,
- He created Katsina state,
- He created Taraba state,
- He created Jigawa state,
- He created Kebbi state
- He created Enugu state,
- He created Edo state,
- He created Delta state,
- He created Osun state.
- He created Akwa Ibom state,

- He created Federal Road Safety Corps
- Created Primary Health care in Nigeria

- He created State Security Service (SSS)
- He created National Intelligence Agency (NIA)
- He created Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA).

- He built Asorock Villa.

- He built Third Mainland Bridge, the largest bridge on the continent at the time.

- He completed the Shiroro Hydroelectric Power Station.

- He constructed Toja Bridge in Kebbi.

- He created the Jibia Water Treatment Plant.

-He built Challawa Cenga Dam in Kano.

- Kano - Abuja Dual Carriageway FCT, Abuja.
- Dam in Kano Others includes:

1. ECOWAS Headquarters Secretariat Abuja.

2. He constructed International Conference Centre Abuja.

3. Constructed FHA Estates Nationwide.

4. Constructed High Court Buildings in the States.

5. Constructed Fed Secretariat in 36 States/Abuja.

6. Constructed 2 Political Party Office in 36 States.

7. Constructed the 4 Divisional Headquarters, Nigeria Army.

8. Constructed Military Barracks in Abuja.

9. Constructed Army School of Armour Bauchi.

10. Nigeria Army Amphibious school Calabar.

11. Constructed Quarters for the 4 GOCs

12. Constructed Nigerian Navy Dockyard.

13. Constructed Nigeria Dockyard Snake Island.

14. Constructed Estate for workers of Federal Ministry of Works Housing & FMWH) Nationwide + FCT & Gwagwalada.

15. Constructed Site & SVC’s Satellite towns of 20. Constructed Federal Supreme
Isheri, Lagos, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Prototype Housing Schemes.

16. Constructed FEPA Hdqrt, Abuja.

17. FEPA Zonal Offices Nationwide & Central Laboratory, Yaba Lagos.

18. Constructed National Eye Centre, Kaduna.

19. Aluminium Smelter Company Ikot Abasi.

20. Constructed Federal Supreme Court, Abuja.

21. Constructed the Ajaokuta Steel Project Engineering Works.

22. Constructed Abuja International Airport Phase 1&2.

23. Constructed the National Assembly Abuja.

24. Constructed the Presidential Villa Abuja.

25. National Intelligence Agency(NIA) Headquarters.

26. State Security Services(SSS) Abuja.

27. Constructed Federal Mortgage Bank Hqrtr, Lagos.

29. Federal Mortgage Bank branches nationwide.

30. Constructed CBN Headquarters Abuja.

31. Security & Minting Hdqters Abuja.

32. Constructed Jabi District Abuja.

33. Abuja Central Area Phase 1&2.

34. Constructed Asokoro Area.

35. Constructed Secretariat Buildings for States created in 1991.

36. Houses of Assembly Complex for each States created in 1991.

37. Judiciary Buildings for States created in 1991.

38. Constructed Maitama Gen Hospital Abuja.

39. Wuse Gen Hospital Abuja.

40. State House Hospital Abuja.

41. National Hospital in the States.

42. Gusau Water Supply Scheme.

43. Asokoro Water Supply.

44. Kubwa Water Supply.

45. Abuja Municipal Water supply.

46. Gboko-Yandev Water Works.

47. Boreholes for 1004 Housing.

*And one school of thought will want me to believe that the worst civilian rule is better than the best military regime.*

He did all these in 8 years, paid fuel subsidy, maintained a good dollar to Naira exchange and paid pension/ salary to workers.

But after 24 years of democracy, we are worst of as a nation.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bluntemperor: 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Thank you Sir,for that was the Koko of all the evil permutations he did to his Nation Nigeria- so terribly bad that,his bad example was followed by his brother Abacha - who was also pachaging Political Parties manipulations- you remember how that one was showing films to preferred few of our Traditional Rulers- on Diya,just to convert his plans, and frustrate against the Democracy returning to Power!
•Where were these Indomie generation then and what was the situation of Free-Press then,with people like Dele- Giwa,Ray -Ekpu,the Onanugas,the Abiolas,with various Newspapers - the Sketch,the Tribune,the Concord,the Champions,This Day,the P M News-NewsWatch Magazines -ALL fought the Army variously,which ALL Nigerians are enjoying today, including the Social Media Activities!
•That is the Price of Democracy!
•Like President Obama rightly said not too long ago,' You Must Fight For Democracy' because some People are anti-democratic forces, even in America and everywhere!
•Let those indomie generation people in Nigeria,continued to list the properties,bridges and buildings that Babangida used Our Money to build ,as if he was Accountable to anyone!
Out of 40 things they listed up for IBB,when the CBN,was directly placed under his tutelage,can you ask him how much he got to do it or the uncountable Money and Funds,under his regime? Did he ever render any Account?
•Dictators-are the same all over the World and they pretend to you,in their reigning that they are the best ,for the but is just a way of deception, selfishness ,greed and destruction of the Nation and NIGERIANS were never at ease with their ruling!
So,Nigeria Problems really started a long time ago-with heavy distortions of things, including the various Army Rule!
Even the devil too- has members, that supports them in power,just for their selfish end and very Unpatriotic elements in their dispositions!
Nonsensical People are everywhere!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by NewDea4: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
History has already judged Babangida and found him wanting

Remaining the judgement of God
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Ikemba007: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2023
In power, you used to say posterity will judge you right. After about 30 years, you're still talking rubbish about posterity judging you right in the future.

Nonsense!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Niyi4321: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2023
Not his fault. Any loot traced to any of these Old Timers, they call it Abacha Loot and the Dead can come back to tell us it's someone else's loot hence the brags
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by QUERESWILI(m): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/12/24/history-will-judge-me-i-served-nigeria-best-way-i-could-babangida/
IBB remains the best administrator Nigeria ever had even with his dirt.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OyinO: 4:34am On Dec 28, 2023
toprealman:

I’m probably your dad’s mate. The income you mentioned, I was part of the team that did the market research back in the days!

Talk is really cheap.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Iamanoited: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2023
YES YOU DID. NO RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL JINGOS. YOU CREATED MORE RELEVANT STATES. YOU LISTEN AND WORKED WITH THE NIGERIAN EXCELLENT BRAINS. YOU WERE ASTUTE AND DISCERNING. GOD BLESS U.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Jlow2: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2023
He delivered more projects in all ramifications more than all presidents from 99-date, the freedom we want is to steal , all ministries and govt parastatals re stealing, there re still political killings, political coup plots, Africa is not ripe enough for western democracy, a benevolent dictators re what we need, the massacre in Jos were 350pple were killed in one attack is also democracy, not even one person has been arrested, and the person in abuja that wants to overturn genuine mandate of the people and steal the governorship through the back door with whom they know, can not use whom they know to catch this terrorists and stop this killings, to me I prefer a benevolent dictator.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Senator David Mark / Customs Impounds 3 Trailers In Katsina, Conveying Contraband Goods / Social Media Has Come To Stay – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.