Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida (16153 Views)

Unongo: We Supported Buhari In 2015, Risked Our Lives, History Will Judge Him / Ibrahim Musa Kazaure: I Deserve To Be Jailed Over How I Served Nigeria / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Btruth: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
Amin Jesu πŸ™
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by BucketHat(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
Omalicious1:

No Sir! You didn't. You got loans from IMF and devalued our Naira....and when inflation bit hard, you introduced Structural Adjustment Program which only made things worse...so don't try to justify yourself
Architect of Naira devaluation. A lot of Nigerians should please go back to history & verify.

2 Likes

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by BucketHat(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2023
Objectivist04:
Most of you commenting here were not yet born when he was president, don't join Yorubas in condemning IBB just because he annulked June 12 election which was a blessing in disguise.
The country does not belong to one tribe only but for all irrespective of tribe or religion. A lot of Nigerians don't know history @ all because IBB did a lot of damages to Nigeria by currency devaluation & lot of corrupt practices.

We haven't recovered from the mess he & his colleagues caused 39 years ago.

The seeds he planted has virtually occupied the corridor of government causing chaos left right & centre.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by marsman: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
Amount:

You must be Yoruba... You guys just feel others opinion in matters concerning this nation does not matter. Whoever speaks must be ibo
Not at all.. No one is more Nigerian than the other
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Smoothwave: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
GuruboiNaija:

https://.ng/2023/12/24/history-will-judge-me-i-served-nigeria-best-way-i-could-babangida/

This one should just keep quiet.. and stop disgracing himself...

Was he not the one that kill MKO Abiola and anuel the most free and fair election in Nigeria?? Shameless man.. murderer
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Realtruth2023: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
marsman:
Na peter Obi dey give all these maniacs reason to talk.
When an equally fraudulent maniac like peter obi, who supervised the massacre of youths in Anambra states and invested states fund into his family company, was painted as the next best thing after Jesus Christ by bigoted Nigerians, how wouldn't psychopath evil doers like this be talking.

Are you on drugs
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by dikings(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
Nigeria has never accepted they are one from the begining. We are a forced nation with various ethnic differences. Divide the damn contraption and watch everyone flourish.

North as a whole dey ur dey, Middle belt can be part of you since you have alot in common.
South west (Oduduwa republic) dey ur dey.
South south (Niger delta)
dey ur dey.
South east (Biafra) already long overdue.

All nations can manage what they have in their regions to develop themselves. We can still inter-trade and all be happy and comfortable. No Marginalization, No tribalism, bigotry, whatsoever.

This can be peacefuly achieved.
The idea of operating largest economy in Africa is just an avenue for looting, more looting and relooting.
I wonder why its so difficult for us to do this and end all this menace
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Donedeal1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2023
Always cocky
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by matrixme(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2023
Let's not forget how Peter, his vice, Abdulsalam Abubakar carried themselves to go worship IBB in his palatial mansion in Niger. Gbajue people. Today, some of his online miscreants will come and say IBB is corrupt but Obi isn't
marsman:
Na peter Obi dey give all these maniacs reason to talk.
When an equally fraudulent maniac like peter obi, who supervised the massacre of youths in Anambra states and invested states fund into his family company, was painted as the next best thing after Jesus Christ by bigoted Nigerians, how wouldn't psychopath evil doers like this be talking.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by geeboy: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
he is mad,

1 Like

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by seunayantokun(m): 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
Even Satan can claim sainthood in Nigeria.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by busomma: 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
History will judge u indeed.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by UncleKoboko: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
If Nigeria was working, all these men would have Since been chilling in jail by now
The old fool bastarΙ—s would have been long DEAD, not even in jail.

1 Like

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Lincton: 10:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
Mr austerity, the history is not kind to you ibb
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Kushites: 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
dikings:
Nigeria has never accepted they are one from the begining. We are a forced nation with various ethnic differences. Divide the damn contraption and watch everyone flourish.

North as a whole dey ur dey, Middle belt can be part of you since you have alot in common.
South west (Oduduwa republic) dey ur dey.
South south (Niger delta)
dey ur dey.
South east (Biafra) already long overdue.

All nations can manage what they have in their regions to develop themselves. We can still inter-trade and all be happy and comfortable. No Marginalization, No tribalism, bigotry, whatsoever.

This can be peacefuly achieved.
The idea of operating largest economy in Africa is just an avenue for looting, more looting and relooting.
I wonder why its so difficult for us to do this and end all this menace

Abeg shut up jare.

Your belly right now is full because of federal allocation from Abuja to your state, with the funds coming from the Niger Delta oil fields.

If we all ''go our ways'', is it your palm kernels and garri that you will use to develop your region?

Nobody is stopping any state from developing today.

Some states have a higher GDP than entire African countries.

Your corrupt state and local leaders will not become angels simply because you've left Nigeria to become a small banana republic.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OyinO: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
You're the beginning of systematic corruption and elimination of perceived threats or rivals. You're going to rot in hell if there's really somewhere like that. Nansense an ingredient who killed and wasted many innocent lives.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by OyinO: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
toprealman:
Looking at successive governments, he is not wrong!

Seems you're an indomie generation folk talking from assumption. Go and study Nigerian history especially the shit these retired generals did.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Pharaohny: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
God is already Judging you 😭 ABI you never start to use Diaper
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by dododawa1: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
BUHARI EMEFELIE and BABAGIDA

Will riot in pot of

Hilda
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Gamesmart: 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Bloody Bastard! May you rot in hell.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by linearity: 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
coputa:
like what, name them.

These are some IBB projects, name another Nigeria President that have performed likewise and list those achievements:

- He created Yobe state,
- He created Katsina state,
- He created Taraba state,
- He created Jigawa state,
- He created Kebbi state
- He created Enugu state,
- He created Edo state,
- He created Delta state,
- He created Osun state.
- He created Akwa Ibom state,

- He created Federal Road Safety Corps

- He created State Security Service (SSS)
- He created National Intelligence Agency (NIA)
- He created Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA).

- He built Asorock Villa.

- He built Third Mainland Bridge, the largest bridge on the continent at the time.

- He completed the Shiroro Hydroelectric Power Station.

- He constructed Toja Bridge in Kebbi.

- He created the Jibia Water Treatment Plant.

-He built Challawa Cenga Dam in Kano.

- Kano - Abuja Dual Carriageway FCT, Abuja.
- Dam in Kano Others includes:

1. ECOWAS Headquarters Secretariat Abuja.

2. He constructed International Conference Centre Abuja.

3. Constructed FHA Estates Nationwide.

4. Constructed High Court Buildings in the States.

5. Constructed Fed Secretariat in 36 States/Abuja.

6. Constructed 2 Political Party Office in 36 States.

7. Constructed the 4 Divisional Headquarters, Nigeria Army.

8. Constructed Military Barracks in Abuja.

9. Constructed Army School of Armour Bauchi.

10. Nigeria Army Amphibious school Calabar.

11. Constructed Quarters for the 4 GOCs

12. Constructed Nigerian Navy Dockyard.

13. Constructed Nigeria Dockyard Snake Island.

14. Constructed Estate for workers of Federal Ministry of Works Housing & FMWH) Nationwide + FCT & Gwagwalada.

15. Constructed Site & SVC’s Satellite towns of 20. Constructed Federal Supreme
Isheri, Lagos, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Prototype Housing Schemes.

16. Constructed FEPA Hdqrt, Abuja.

17. FEPA Zonal Offices Nationwide & Central Laboratory, Yaba Lagos.

18. Constructed National Eye Centre, Kaduna.

19. Aluminium Smelter Company Ikot Abasi.

20. Constructed Federal Supreme Court, Abuja.

21. Constructed the Ajaokuta Steel Project Engineering Works.

22. Constructed Abuja International Airport Phase 1&2.

23. Constructed the National Assembly Abuja.

24. Constructed the Presidential Villa Abuja.

25. National Intelligence Agency(NIA) Headquarters.

26. State Security Services(SSS) Abuja.

27. Constructed Federal Mortgage Bank Hqrtr, Lagos.

29. Federal Mortgage Bank branches nationwide.

30. Constructed CBN Headquarters Abuja.

31. Security & Minting Hdqters Abuja.

32. Constructed Jabi District Abuja.

33. Abuja Central Area Phase 1&2.

34. Constructed Asokoro Area.

35. Constructed Secretariat Buildings for States created in 1991.

36. Houses of Assembly Complex for each States created in 1991.

37. Judiciary Buildings for States created in 1991.

38. Constructed Maitama Gen Hospital Abuja.

39. Wuse Gen Hospital Abuja.

40. State House Hospital Abuja.

41. National Hospital in the States.

42. Gusau Water Supply Scheme.

43. Asokoro Water Supply.

44. Kubwa Water Supply.

45. Abuja Municipal Water supply.

46. Gboko-Yandev Water Works.

47. Boreholes for 1004 Housing.

…….
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Rorbin: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
Amin Jesu
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Pacesetter123(m): 12:19am On Dec 25, 2023
Sir,but not for the corruption you instituted both in high and low places in Nigeria, you should be chilling your feet now in the darkest part of kirikiri.

You truncated democracy by annulling the most freest and fairest election in Nigeria won by MKO Abiola.
Now see what our democracy has turned into!

An evil man like you shouldn't be allowed to air any view in Nigeria so as not to infect us the present youths with your corruption.

In fact, your children don't even supposed to hold any public office in this country considering what you did in and to this country.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by guvna(m): 12:44am On Dec 25, 2023
Stupid man, stupid Babangida. The architect and founder of Nigeria's current mess in corruption and fraud.

History will forever remember that, azzhole.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Tzar(m): 12:50am On Dec 25, 2023
History will certainly judge you harshly!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Mosba: 2:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Honestly, you are 10 times better than those occupying that your seat now
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by grandstar(m): 2:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Bobloco:

He knows he was far better than the current president in all ramifications

Babangida was by far the worst president ever.

The type of corruption the country suffers from today has its origin in his misrulè. All they were interested in was to enrich themselves as much as possible and promote indiscipline and marginalize various groups.

The severe neglect of the Niger Delta during his term in office was the foundation of the militancy that occurs there today.

1 Like

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by MightySparrow: 3:28am On Dec 25, 2023
Bobloco:

But he is being credited by the world bank to have moved over 100 million Nigerians under the poverty line through his calamitous economic policies

Atimes, when you want healing, pain is inflicted part of the body removed by surgery........
Nigeria is in the healing process from injuries of the past regimes.

It takes time to heal brother....
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bobloco: 3:34am On Dec 25, 2023
MightySparrow:

Atimes, when you want healing, pain is inflicted part of the body removed by surgery........
Nigeria is in the healing process from injuries of the past regimes.

It takes time to heal brother....

Excuses

Another regime will come and inflict another pain and your ilks will say it's a healing process. When will this healing process be over
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by MightySparrow: 3:44am On Dec 25, 2023
Bobloco:

Excuses

Another regime will come and inflict another pain and your ilks will say it's a healing process. When will this healing process be over

What pains did Obasanjo leave behind?
He met Nigeria in a mess, did his best as military, twenty years later, Nigeria Airways he left with 20 or 30 aircrafts had none.

Osinbajo held the helms of office while his boss was in London. Things changed. His boss resumed, then a relapse.

This is a yoruba person, the only black people that used television in Africa before any other tribes even before France.

Why are your people finding greener pastures in Yorubaland? If alone, do you think Yorubaland would have this problem?
I beg let him be jare.
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bobloco: 3:49am On Dec 25, 2023
MightySparrow:

What pains did Obasanjo leave behind?
He met Nigeria in a mess, did his best as military, twenty years later, Nigeria Airways he left with 20 or 30 aircrafts had none.

Osinbajo held the helms of office while his boss was in London. Things changed. His boss resumed, then a relapse.

This is a yoruba person, the only black people that used television in Africa before any other tribes even before France.

Why are your people finding greener pastures in Yorubaland? If alone, do you think Yorubaland would have this problem?
I beg let him be jare.

This bullocks you put up there how will it ameliorate the pains Tinubu's calamitous economic policies have inflicted upon Nigerians
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by MightySparrow: 3:51am On Dec 25, 2023
Bobloco:

This bullocks you put up there how will it ameliorate the pains Tinubu's calamitous economic policies have inflicted upon Nigerians

It will .

In the affirmative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products / 2023: Sanwo-Olu Drums Support For Pro-Tinubu Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.