Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience (42557 Views)

Toke Makinwa Shares Valentine's Day Photo, Advises Those Who Are Alone Today / Toke Makinwa shares her first train ride experience in Nigeria (photos) / Toke Makinwa Shares Sultry Bedroom Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Truths9ja: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2023
Popular media personality, Toke Makinwa has spoken about the COP28 Climate Summit in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Recall that there was uproar online over Toke’s inclusion in Nigeria’s 1411-man delegation to COP28, with many netizens questioning her role at the summit.

Speaking in the latest episode of her podcast, ‘TokeMoments’, the actress said she was unbothered about the call out online but started taking the backlash seriously when some important people started calling her ‘Item Seven’ at a hotel in Dubai.

Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, a guest on the podcast, asked Toke, “How did your attendance at the COP28 Climate Summit in Dubai go? Did you get into the conversations from the panels?”

Makinwa responded, saying she accomplished everything she set out to do, adding the backlash was one of the top trends of COP28.

She said, “Yes. I accomplished everything I set out to do with it [COP28]. I was just shocked [by the uproar]. And I think because Dubai is three hours [ahead of Nigeria], I woke up to see the backlash on social media.

“For me, it started feeling serious when important people started calling me. And I think that for me was funny. I walked into this hotel in Dubai where they were a lot of important people, all of them have seen the backlash and they started calling me ‘item seven’ and it was funny. We all just laughed. It was so funny.”

https://gwg.ng/2023/12/22/i-was-called-item-seven-in-dubai-toke-makinwa-shares-cop28-experience/#google_vignette

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Truths9ja: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2023
Lol funny Nigeria celebrity. Meanwhile, Nigerians react as media personality, Toke Makinwa attends COP28 with president Bola Tinubu and other world leaders in Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQfDpoTWcw?si=g8nOHqEkWWGNl7b_

1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Zonefree(m): 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2023
A plate of jollof rice is valuable than Toke Makinwa.

207 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by OlawaleBammie: 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ok

That means she's chopable, had the tendency to be chopped like appetiser or dessert by our looting politicians grin

But wait, wetin she find go there in the first place?? Was the event for every Toms and Jerrys??

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by NoSmoking: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2023
Yeah

She was on the menu

🤕

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Ireportlive: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2023
cool

But honestly, Toke Makinwa is far richer than to be sent to Dubai by a sugar daddy.. Toke Makinwa can even send people Dubai

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Zonefree(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ireportlive:
But honestly, Toke Makinwa is far richer than to be sent to Dubai by a sugar daddy.. Toke Makinwa can even send people Dubai
She served her purpose to the people that made her rich.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Messina123: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

You don't even know what you are saying. Why do the rock keep looking for more money?

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Ireportlive: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
Zonefree:

She served her purpose to the people that made her rich.

How can a girlfriend to Dr Festus Fadeyi (google him) go to Dubai for runs

Sha na billions she never chop

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Ireportlive: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2023
Messina123:

You don't even know what you are saying. Why do the rock keep looking for more money?

There are class to this things, Toke has passed Dubai runs since... Dr Festus Fadeyi's Sugar girl

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by mcdokwe(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
It is what it is

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by jmoore(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
Is there any audio/video/posts by her years ago before the summit where she spoke extensively on climate change issues? If none, the suspicion is right.

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Godada(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2023

In other words Toke Makinwa is equivalent to entertainment and refreshments.

Don't ask, find out what item 7 means.....

43 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
Sincerely, this woman is a symbol of STRENGTH. Many wouldn't have been able to move on with their lives since that episode lots would have committed sucide. May God continue to bless her and us and forgive us all.

Modified: Tiwa Savage is the one on my mind. grin Got carried away. luminouz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by 4tomandchi: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
Because them know say na only nyash you get to offer

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Chizy12345: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
you're stressing yourself to be beautiful

3 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by boxypane(m): 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
Zonefree:
A plate of jollof rice is valuable than Toke Makinwa.
Person wey go buy you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by whippersnapper(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
no be lie

2 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by We4all: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
Being called item 7 is derogatory and not something to be proud of.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by chicoMX(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2023
All the important in Dubai knew something we didn't know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Darato: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2023
Lol, our food Lol.
Item 7 means jollof rice and chicken
Item 7 means Refreshments
Meaning you are their food undecided

By the way, what was her role there again?

17 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Fuckgodndjesus: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2023
Shameless olosho.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by easyfem(m): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2023
or atenuje

1 Like

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by smokinloud(m): 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2023
Okay we don hear
Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by tesppidd: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2023
She really had no other choice than to trivialize it and laugh it off.

It is often said, when something really hurts you, laugh it off and pretend like it's funny but deep inside it hurts.

Toke cannot tell anyone that item 7 tag on her didn't get to her.
No woman who claims to be a reputable professional in her field likes to be perceived as been bankrolled by a sugar daddies or sugar daddies.

None.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by JASONjnr(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
ITEM seven....

Omo

5 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by lexy2014: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ireportlive:

How can a girlfriend to Dr Festus Fadeyi (google him) go to Dubai for runs

Sha na billions she never chop

pls tell us what she went to do in Dubai?

are you saying that Dr Festus Fadeyi is now her source of income because she is his girlfriend?

which billions has she "chopped"?

na so them de see the billion chop? why u never chop the billions?

46 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by ppogba: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Calling you item seven is honorable.

They should have called you earthly reward.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Called ‘item Seven’ In Dubai, Toke Makinwa Shares COP28 Experience by Jedtam: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2023
Item Seven na food now meaning someone that went there to be eaten.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kcee Shops For Gucci Outfits & Joystick Opener (Pics, Video) / Photo Of Miyonse And Debie-Rise Looking Like A Couple / 10 Nollywood Stars Who Died In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.