Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Japa: Background Check Requirements - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Japa: Background Check Requirements (23464 Views)

Rivers State Government Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / UBA Bank Graduate Interns Recruitment 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here / Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme 2019 Is Out | Check Requirements Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by jobbitto(m): 6:10am On Dec 30, 2023
That was the biggest mistake I made.

I learnt it the hard way now
Bigkenny:
Why not ask this same question here before giving out the 499 pounds?

@jobbitto

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by cardoctor(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2023
Noted. Thanks for the tip
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by justwise(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2023
fastseo:

Are you in the UK and if you are and still don't know this then you have lost touch with reality? I said jobs ask of work experience minimum of 5 years experience and this most times include your school periods.
They want to know what you have been doing since you left school. Every of this details matter to them.

I ended up saying most organisations are sensitive.. You can't work with them without enhanced DBS.

Can you get DBS from Nigeria? I don't know why you can't reason properly. Listed again...most care homes ask for transferable DBS before you work with them. They want to see you have no criminal record ever so you don't end up abusing those vulnerable people.
If you have abuse children or engage in crime before you won't be allowed near vulnerable people

So if you come from Nigeria get your police report, they will help you apply for DBS.

I recently got a licence to work in certain sector here and here are the chats I have with two different recruiters.

All I am telling the opp to do. Is to add his relevant work experience and include his school period..justbensure it covers the 10 years period of his life. That's ends it. He will be alright.

Yes i'm in the UK and this is a scam, companies will not ask you to do DBS while still in Nigeria, max you will be asked is 2-3 references and police character report and this will only be requested when they are considering you for the job.

Nobody here ask for 10yrs employment history for a care job.

This is a scam and not genuine as you stated in your first post here

1 Like

Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by fastseo: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2023
justwise:

Yes i'm in the UK and this is a scam, companies will not ask you to do DBS while still in Nigeria, max you will be asked is 2-3 references and police character report and this will only be requested when they are considering you for the job.

Nobody here ask for 10yrs employment history for a care job.

This is a scam and not genuine as you stated in your first post here

And I said is it possible to do DBS in Nigeria? Certainly not possible... But it is required for care work. Once he land in the UK, he will do DBS instantly using his police report.

I hardly see jobs ask you for less than 5 years experience..

Back to the authenticity of the job. I can't say it is genuine or fake because I have not yet seen their address and website name. My advice is for him to give his experience.. 10 years back to his highest education attained. Or he leaves the process after all it's just 400 pounds.
I have seen someone came here through COS paid over 20 million naira but got here no job, nothing and the company licence revoke
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by AKAyomide(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
jobbitto:
THANK YOU SO MUCH, How do i reach you? i really want to leave this country. if only your sister can help me with the link she used.

you can check my profile on this nairaland, you would fine my phone number. call me.

thank you
Thank you so much
I will give you a call this evening
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Nwaelohim: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
The Nigerian system has eaten deep into your soul.suspecting every thing because is not complicated
There is nothing wrong in the list
Provide them that’s the requirement for getting job in UK . confirmation part of it and never lie any where, for periods you were not working, there must be something you were doing.

Is not a scam it’s a requirement
Just for the record, I live in the UK.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Tinyemeka(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
jobbitto:
Hi family,

I hope we all are having a great time this festive season.

When I contacted the agency via mail. They told me their terms and conditions, I accepted and proceeded with them to help get a care job . I paid in about 499 pounds as consultation and processing fee. After a month, an interview was conducted and I scaled through.

Once the screening is successful, The client would receive an employment contract to sign followed by the COS within 3 working days.

House my question now, is getting this documents visible? Or they are 419.
Please mod help me push to front page. I need help.

Based on the bolded and all the bogus request for employment history and documents (for a carer role), I have reasons to suspect that you have been scammed.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by Bigkenny: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
jobbitto:
That was the biggest mistake I made.

I learnt it the hard way now

I blame your friend too. He introduced a random someone or agent he cannot vouch for to you. Who does that?
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by jobbitto(m): 3:20pm On Jan 01
I didn't hear from you again
AKAyomide:

Thank you so much
I will give you a call this evening
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by jobbitto(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01
Waikan Consulting is the agency.

From my latest findings, I don't think they are genuine.
Nwaelohim:
The Nigerian system has eaten deep into your soul.suspecting every thing because is not complicated
There is nothing wrong in the list
Provide them that’s the requirement for getting job in UK . confirmation part of it and never lie any where, for periods you were not working, there must be something you were doing.

Is not a scam it’s a requirement
Just for the record, I live in the UK.
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by AKAyomide(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01
jobbitto:
I didn't hear from you again
I called you three times but you were busied with my calls that was the reason I didn’t call you again
Re: Japa: Background Check Requirements by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Jan 01
jobbitto:
Waikan Consulting is the agency.

From my latest findings, I don't think they are genuine.

They have been exposed here before https://www.nairaland.com/7583662/tier-2-sponsorship-fraud-scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice! / Help Me Urgently Before I Lose My N-power Opportunity / See Twelve Things You Must Experience While Going For The Nigerian Military Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.