Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) (38721 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments As Governor / Lucky Aiyedatiwa Sworn-In As Governor Of Ondo State / Udensi: Governor Ikpeazu's Vacation In Turkey Display Of Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by flokii: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2023
funshint:

You should also consider the circumstances surrounding his ascension to power. The whole activity should hv been solemn in honour of the dead.

What if Mr. Akeredolu had died earlier, but the wife and family kept it a secret thinking the new Governor would be removed by their loyalists in the State Assembly?.. Ever thought about that?
I mean we all saw what Yar'adua's wife and family did, trying to hold on to power even after the late President's demise.

What I observed is that the Chief Judge of Ondo State seems not to be on the same page with Aketi and his wife during the whole power tussle, maybe cos he wanted the right thing to be done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Jbleenk: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2023
The reason for the jubilation is because of the wife who has been so arrogantly governing the state in a careless manner.

3 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kukutenla: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Make no mistake....a Governor and the deputy or president and his vice are not real friends.

.it's almost usually a political relationship ..which many times is even arranged by the party....if i become a president or Governor, i will always watch my vice 24/7, use advance to tech to monitor all his conversations at home, office and in the go... because he stands to gain at my removal from office... cool cool
Lol. How old are you?
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Chibuzoripob: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2023
sad Nah money wey he go LOOT dey make him jump up/down like a Billy🐐 he be.Well,election nah next year,I pray the good people of Ondo state chase him out

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by advanceDNA: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. How old are you?

Sigh....another nairaland ancestor...

E kPele.....ekaro sir ....

Laugh and pass.....that's the essence of the post.....

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kukutenla: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2023
But what is it with ondo and sick or dying govs?
From Adefarasin down to Akeredolu, I think only Mimiko had no major health challenge
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kukutenla: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Sigh....another nairaland ancestor...

E kPele.....ekaro sir ....

Laugh and pass.....that's the essence of the post.....
Lol. Noted
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by flokii: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2023
Jbleenk:
The reason for the jubilation is because of the wife who has been so arrogantly governing the state in a careless manner.

This is a big lesson to Ondo people and Yorubas at large to be careful of who they elect as Governor.. Asides the Amotekun and Fulani fight, I doubt there is any infrastructure or school or hospital or anything built in the 7 years of Mrs. Akeredolu's regime in Ondo State, instead it's accusations upon accusations of stealing and looting left, right and centre.

It's God that saved Lagos people from Chinedu.. na the Igbo mom for dey rule Lagos now with her overbearing attitude she displayed when election was ongoing calling our people names.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by XAUBulls: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2023
othermen:
“ It is with heavy heart that I accept this onerous responsibility of taking over the reins of governance and affairs of our State following the unfortunate loss and passing of our beloved Governor, leader and dear boss, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, CON.”

The above was the beginning of his inaugural speech.About 90% of the speech was about the past governor and continuing his legacy.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/12/27/we-will-advance-the-welfare-of-ondo-people-aiyedatiwas-inaugural-speech/?amp=1
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by wrongnumber: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2023
I watched it and I was so appalled.

That is life.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by ObalendeCMS: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2023
Typical of people from that state - very selfish & insensitive.
Ilaje/Igbokoda people?
tueh!
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by amnesty7: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2023
So what do you now want?
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2023
MeGood91:

It will be difficult except dey want to do obaseki style

Lol, I don't think it'll be difficult. Obaseki had colleagues & a President who was sympathetic to his cause besides, he was almost done with his first term.

On the contrary, Aiyedatiwa doesn't have a President who's sympathetic to his cause & if his "eku orire" remark gets to be seen by his colleague governors, I doubt anyone of them would be sympathetic with him.

Furthermore, Ondo guber polls are holding next year, he'll not have enough time to build up a support base/structure within that time frame. If he seeks to decamp to PDP (which is an option should APC indicate they'll deny him their ticket, which I believe that's what would happen), what happens to the very strong, loyal & eager politicians in PDP who were just bidding their time?

It'll be interesting months ahead in Ondo State, politically speaking.

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by InvertedHammer: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:
The Display of Insensitivity at Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration

/
No insensitivity noted.

We must learn to speak evil (if true) of the dead so that the living will learn.

This is actually a good life lesson for all. Nothing is permanent except death. Zero sum game--one man's loss is another man's gains. Anyone so touched is free to jump into Akere's grave with him.

A governor of a whole State that depended on a hospital in another State deserves no pity.

/
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by shininglight78(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
I will tell you why he celebrated it. It is alleged that akeredolu died months before now and the news was keep secret, the akeredolu camp allegedly held on to power which resulted in a fight to enthrone the deputy hence he(the deputy) won

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kyari81: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Don't mind them
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kay17: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act

Please… please… we need to perish such thoughts. Even if he was nothing, the fact that he is the deputy governor, Aketi ought to have done the proper thing during his battle with the disease. There is no sentiment in constitutional governance. The constitution was clear that the governor ought to step down when in ill health.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by ImoleNaija: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
This OP is oniyẹyẹ and not OndoEyes. How much are you paid to attack & tarnish his image on social platforms?

I just went through your lifetime on NL & saw that all your posts & comments were against Aiyedatiwa. I now see that witchcraft is indeed real.

Maybe Aiyedatiwa & his loved ones sensed there could be a political coup if he doesn't act fast coz your likes & Betty can't be trusted with power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by crackhouse(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Life goes on.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by kingreign(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act

Shut up!
"Aiyedatiwa was nothing" to you but was something to people who knew him and believed in him.

It goes to show how unbalanced and biased you are. It also shows how emotional you are you're a misfit for a public writer

Spits!

3 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Kingosytex(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

They late Akeredolu rose with the help of someone too.
No one rises on their own, we all rise by the help of someone.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by PJ123: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2023
Oakenshield:
so if u were the one wouldn't u be happy after Akeredolu wife and son rubbished the deputy governor. All those fake signatories na, he was right to celebrate because he is now the Power and all. So u expect him to be sober in public and laugh in private. Allow new governor

You missed the point. I am not from Ondo and not a fan of any politician. Did Akeredolu do all those things? NO but his wife and children!! You should understand beneficiaries around people in power will likely do what his wife and children have done as uncivilized as it was.

The death of former governor should be a moment of reflection and sobriety for the new governor if he's a wise man. Both in private and public, this should have been genuinely demonstrated. If this genuine sobriety has been displayed both privately and publicly, he would have passed an important lesson not only to the Akeredolu's wife and children but to his own family as well and to all that power is transient and we don't own our lives!!!
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Tareq1105: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:
It was needed, because Aketi and his family almost rubbished the former Dep. Governor.

If things went as they ought to be, I doubt this would have happened

So, it's gotten to the level of saying a ku ori re? Congratulations for what? Tell Aiyedatiwa that we're all walking corpse, his own days are numbered too.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by bhella10: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2023
He would likely be kicked to the kerb next election. I don't like him. Rest in Peace Ogbeni Akeredolu
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Tareq1105: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2023
crackhouse:
Life goes on.

Of course, but does he have to say congratulations as if he would live forever?
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

Make Ina chill should be die with aketi... ?? The living has to continue living.. and Ondo state has to move on.. all these wishy washy writing are uncalled for... After all he has gone to pay condolences..
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by ImoleNaija: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2023
kingreign:

Shut up!
"Aiyedatiwa was nothing" to you but was something to people who knew him and believed in him.

It goes to show how unbalanced and biased you are. It also shows how emotional you are you're a misfit for a public writer

Spits!

That OndoEyes Oniyẹyẹ na werey. He purposely opened NL acct to attack Aiyedatiwa. All his posts & comments from day one are targeted at the deputy (now governor). Someone must be paying him/her to attack the man on social platforms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by mechanics(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2023
His prayers has been answered, don't blame him, no vacuum in governance.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Donedeal1(m): 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
"Even you Brutus?".

Desperation would make man

Do anything

Lucky for him he will also give an account

Lesson is mind whom you trust.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by kingreign(m): 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
ImoleNaija:

That OndoEyes Oniyẹyẹ na werey. He purposely opened NL acct to attack Aiyedatiwa. All his posts & comments from day one are targeted at the deputy (now governor). Someone must be paying him/her to attack the man on social platforms.

No mind the radarada.
I'm happy for the new governor.
This is coming from a proud Ikale man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by God1000(m): 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
lexy2014:
in what way?
in every way
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by bhella10: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:
Knowing APC as currently held by the jugular by PBAT & his loyal stooge, Ganduje, this is the best deal Aiyedatiwa will get; completing Akeredolu's tenure only! Someone else will fly the flag for the party in the governorship polls for Ondo next year.
You are right. I hope he borrows a leaf from GEJ otherwise he would be reminded of this saga. Ondo politics is tricky grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) / DSS Arrests Akinwunmi Sowore In Ondo State (Pics) / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns, Dumps APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.