Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed (907 Views)

'My Husband Sleeps Off During Sex' - Wife / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Happytravels: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
Is this normal? My husband lives in Owerri state and one night he was mad at me because his mother got upset that he was texting me late while in bed.

Turns out he was sleeping in the same bed as his mother. I don't know if this is common practice in Nigeria because I am from a western country, so this is not something we do in my culture.

Is this common in Igbo/Nigerian culture to share beds with family?

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by AlphaNugget(m): 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
Didn't you share bed with ur parent and siblings while growing up?

Won't u share bed with ur kids if/when they grow?

This gender sha embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by PlayMaker14: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
Happytravels:
Is this normal? My husband lives in Owerri state and one night he was mad at me because his mother got upset that he was texting me late while in bed.

Turns out he was sleeping in the same bed as his mother. I don't know if this is common practice in Nigeria because I am from a western country, so this is not something we do in my culture.

Keep your marriage issues off social media.... One comment here might mess up with your head.

Keep it off.

11 Likes

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by kevwemike: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
What are u insinuating? Say the guy dey back her mama
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Merit14(f): 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
That's wrong
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Blacklion3: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
New woman trying to break the bond in between mother and son

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by illicit(m): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Is he 11?
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Happytravels:
â–  Is this normal? My husband lives in Owerri state and one night he was mad at me because his mother got upset that he was texting me late while in bed.
Did your husband tell you that his actions have anything to do with culture? Why in the world would you assume such without even asking him? undecided

It could just be that the particular bed -- wide enough for two, maybe queen or even king size--- is the only bed in the entire house. And he not wanting to ask his mom to sleep on the floor or wanting to sleep on the floor himself with roaches and Lord knows what else, crawling all over him there, decided it best to share the bed with his mom. Nothing wrong with that even out in western countries. undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by ahnie: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Merit14:
That's wrong o
Wrong as How?
I would love to know why you reasoned it to be wrongly odd?
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by shortgun(m): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
Something tells me you just want to chase clout with this post nevertheless nothing is wrong with grown ups sleeping in their parents bed or any other bed in the house if that's how they were brought up.

It has nothing to do with culture but how children bond with their parents.

I know a girl who returned to her parents house after 1 week in her husband's house cos she couldn't cope without her mum. Also, I once dated a girl that tells her dad anytime we make out.....crazy right?

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Solofresh2: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
AlphaNugget:
Didn't you share bed with ur parent and siblings while growing up?

Won't u share bed with ur kids if/when they grow?

This gender sha embarassed
grin grin Their matter tire you baa
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Solofresh2: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
Why are women always jealous on other women
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Johnycastro18: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
If I am to say what's on my mind now....

They would say, I love to bash ladies
Just Imagine this kind question grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Testimony1988(m): 9:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Very wrong.
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Domainer1999: 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
You finally make sense before the year comes to an end.

What an Aguero moment!
Kobojunkie:
Did your husband tell you that his actions have anything to do with culture? Why in the world would you assume such without even asking him? undecided

It could just be that the particular bed -- wide enough for two, maybe queen or even king size--- is the only bed in the entire house. And he not wanting to ask his mom to sleep on the floor or wanting to sleep on the floor himself with roaches and Lord knows what else, crawling all over him there, decided it best to share the bed with his mom. Nothing wrong with that even out in western countries. undecided
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Angrigowt: 4:39am On Jan 01
Does he face his mother's buttocks.or he faces the wall.na thr go determine
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Capernum: 7:12am On Jan 01
Is he your husband or your boyfriend?

If he's your husband, it is definitely awkward not only here but it all cultures.

For him to be your husband, we can safely assume he should be in his home and be man enough to provide some basic items like adequate bed, if his mother is staying with him.

But is he still living with his parents? If he is, it is still abnormal too. Ain't there enough mattresses? It's all shades of wrong.

Give us more information. Don't let anyone here blackmail you with soft emotions of you coming in between him and his mom.

When a man is married, it is not expected to ever sleep with his mama on the same bed. Is he poor? Is the mama poor? why are they together?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Happytravels: 5:22pm On Jan 06
Capernum:

If he's your husband, it is definitely awkward not only here but it all cultures.

For him to be your husband, we can safely assume he should be in his home and be man enough to provide some basic items like adequate bed, if his mother is staying with him.

He is 31 and he lives with family right now. His mother is also married. I'm not sure why her husband doesn't sleep in the bed either. My husband has a big coach to sleep on but he doesn't use it. She also walks in when he is on the toliet and talks to him even though he is nude. I'm not saying anything sick is happening. That is not what I am implying. I just want to know if it is normal in Nigeria or not

But is he still living with his parents? If he is, it is still abnormal too. Ain't there enough mattresses? It's all shades of wrong.

Give us more information. Don't let anyone here blackmail you with soft emotions of you coming in between him and his mom.

When a man is married, it is not expected to ever sleep with his mama on the same bed. Is he poor? Is the mama poor? why are they together?
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Happytravels: 5:24pm On Jan 06
He is 31 and he lives with family right now. His mother is also married. I'm not sure why her husband doesn't sleep in the bed either. My husband has a big coach to sleep on but he doesn't use it. She also walks in when he is on the toliet and talks to him even though he is nude. I'm not saying anything sick is happening. That is not what I am implying. I just want to know if it is normal in Nigeria or not

Capernum:

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Capernum: 7:01pm On Jan 06
Happytravels:

Sincerely, it is NOT normal. It is considered an aberration.
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Jewessgratitud3: 7:32pm On Jan 06
What is wrong if he shares bed with his mother? Is she not the one that gave birth to him?

The only time you should be worried is if he shares bed with your own mother.

Abeg leave the man make him do baby for him mama. Him go suck Mama breast". Nothing wrong there.
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by brain54(m): 7:22am On Jan 07
If it's a one time thing...

Like he traveled to the family house and then due to shortage of bed space he does that it's okay.

But if it's a regular thing with him... especially when there is availability of other bed space then that's wrong.

How can a grown as. S man be sleeping on his mom's bed constantly. To the extent the mom starts to complain of him texting his own wife?

Beats my imagination!

1 Like

Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by Dogalmighty17: 10:37pm On Jan 07
You are sure that's his mom? Such an occurrence is very unusual and not tolerated.
Re: Husband Sleeps In His Mother's Bed by bukatyne(f): 11:24pm On Jan 07
Capernum:

@ bold: kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

And let's assume that they had to share a bed due to certain circumstances, why would the mother be angry that her son is chatting with his wife?

(1) (Reply)

Widows And Their Experiences / Are You Parents Or Nannies / Chose Between Nigeria And Hundred Million Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.