Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,018 members, 7,828,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) (33132 Views)

Man Calls Out Mummy G.O After A Failed Miracle Challenge (video) / COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study / Join The Fastest Growing Free Christian Telegram Group Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 1:08pm On Jan 11
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ these ones are show guys nah! cheesy

Are you saying that's how everyone in their place dresses?

Fela Anikulapo Kuti and his ladies usually dress half nude on stage doesn't mean that's how we dress in Abéòkúta! smiley

Guy read na......
Open google and search for king khoisan or bushmen of south africa.

See what you are posting on a public forumn
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:13pm On Jan 11
YourFavEvangeli:

Guy read na......
Open google and search for king khoisan or bushmen of south africa. See what you are posting on a public forumn

I'm not disputing that some people are still not welcoming civilization but not only here in Africa so you saying Africans are naked before the white man came here is out of point.

My own race Oduduwa already had our attire before the white men came!
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 2:21pm On Jan 11
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not disputing that some people are still not welcoming civilization but not only here in Africa so you saying Africans are naked before the white man came here is out of point.

My own race Oduduwa already had our attire before the white men came!

Before interaction with non-africans, most Africans were naked.
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:48pm On Jan 11
YourFavEvangeli:

Before interaction with non-africans, most Africans were naked.
Good!
Not all Africans! smiley
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 5:33pm On Jan 11
MaxInDHouse:

Good!
Not all Africans! smiley

All of us in West Africa were naked before external influences.

There's nothing to be ashamed about that. We achieved the level of innocence Adam and Eve had before they sinned. And sexual immorality was almost unheard of.
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40pm On Jan 11
YourFavEvangeli:

All of us in West Africa were naked before external influences. There's nothing to be ashamed about that. We achieved the level of innocence Adam and Eve had before they sinned. And sexual immorality was almost unheard of.

Talk about your own tribe not mine! wink
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 7:03pm On Jan 11
MaxInDHouse:

Talk about your own tribe not mine! wink

Wahala cheesy grin grin grin grin And who says we aren't from the same tribe?
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11
YourFavEvangeli:

Wahala cheesy grin grin grin grin And who says we aren't from the same tribe?
You're talking about your own tribe who were naked before the white men came mine were already civilized before the white men came to Africa so you and i aren't from the same tribe! smiley
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 4:36am On Jan 12
MaxInDHouse:

You're talking about your own tribe who were naked before the white men came mine were already civilized before the white men came to Africa so you and i aren't from the same tribe! smiley

You're free to keep living in denial. It's funny how you didn't say a single word about shokoto and the sokoto empire.

However, if there's anything we have learnt today, it's that trousers isn't everyone's culture in this Nigeria.

So before condemming trousers, maybe you should ask about their village first.
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17am On Jan 12
YourFavEvangeli:

You're free to keep living in denial. It's funny how you didn't say a single word about shokoto and the sokoto empire. However, if there's anything we have learnt today, it's that trousers isn't everyone's culture in this Nigeria. So before condemming trousers, maybe you should ask about their village first.

Who told you that Ṣòkòtò has anything to do with Sokoto empire? cheesy

Guy, Yorùbá is a tonal language and we have a lot of words that has the same spellings but different in meaning that's why you will always see the Yorùbá language writing with TONAL MARKS.

So don't think Ṣòkòtò has anything to do with Sokoto o! cheesy
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 9:20am On Jan 12
MaxInDHouse:

Who told you that Ṣòkòtò has anything to do with Sokoto empire? cheesy

Guy, Yorùbá is a tonal language and we have a lot of words that has the same spellings but different in meaning that's why you will always see the Yorùbá language writing with TONAL MARKS.

So don't think Ṣòkòtò has anything to do with Sokoto o! cheesy

What's the origin of the proverb "What you're looking for in sokoto dey for shokoto" ?
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Jan 12
YourFavEvangeli:

What's the origin of the proverb "What you're looking for in sokoto dey for shokoto" ?
Ṣòkòtò (trousers)
Sokoto (city in the north)

It simply means you're not far from what you need Yorùbá people love rhymes it doesn't mean both are connected in anyway! smiley

1 Like

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 5:13pm On Jan 12
MaxInDHouse:

Ṣòkòtò (trousers)
Sokoto (city in the north)

It simply means you're not far from what you need Yorùbá people love rhymes it doesn't mean both are connected in anyway! smiley

Sokoto state was created in 1976 however my grandma knows this proverb. Did she and the entire yoruba tribe learn it 50yrs ago?
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12
YourFavEvangeli:

Sokoto state was created in 1976 however my grandma knows this proverb. Did she and the entire yoruba tribe learn it 50yrs ago?
So the city Sokoto was formed in 1976 shey?

What about Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Ọ̀yọ́, Òndó, Èkìtì and Ògùn State are you saying all those names where discovered by politicians who used the names for the newly approved states? smiley

1 Like

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 10:18pm On Jan 12
MaxInDHouse:

So the city Sokoto was formed in 1976 shey?

What about Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Ọ̀yọ́, Òndó, Èkìtì and Ògùn State are you saying all those names where discovered by politicians who used the names for the newly approved states? smiley

Sokoto state was formed in 1976.

Sokoto caliphate was founded by Uthman Dan Fodio in 1804 and conquered by the British Empire in 1903.

The Sokoto caliphate stretched as far as Senegal and Burkina Faso down to Nigeria and Cameroon.

So when they tell you that what you were looking for in Sokoto was in shokoto, you see the distance they're referring to...

Shokoto was corrupted from Sokoto which is the name of the caliphate the people who used to wear it came from. When the yorubas adopted the outfit, they simply called it shokoto.

Assignment, which other yoruba word is synonymous to shokoto? grin

The people in the 3 pictures below are from Burkina Faso.

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:53am On Jan 13
YourFavEvangeli:

Sokoto state was formed in 1976.

Sokoto caliphate was founded by Uthman Dan Fodio in 1804 and conquered by the British Empire in 1903.

The Sokoto caliphate stretched as far as Senegal and Burkina Faso down to Nigeria and Cameroon.

So when they tell you that what you were looking for in Sokoto was in shokoto, you see the distance they're referring to...

Shokoto was corrupted from Sokoto which is the name of the caliphate the people who used to wear it came from. When the yorubas adopted the outfit, they simply called it shokoto.

Assignment, which other yoruba word is synonymous to shokoto? grin

The people in the 3 pictures below are from Burkina Faso.

Guy the Yorùbás already had our own clothe makers centuries before the white men came you can Google "aṣọ òkè" for more research.
Your own tribe may be naked before the white men came but Yorùbás has a rich cultural heritage already centuries before the British came here! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 5:34am On Jan 13
MaxInDHouse:

Guy the Yorùbás already had our own clothe makers centuries before the white men came you can Google "aṣọ òkè" for more research.
Your own tribe may be naked before the white men came but Yorùbás has a rich cultural heritage already centuries before the British came here! wink

Well this is how the aso oke was worn. It wasn't used to make shokoto. And it is still not bad.

You are the one feeling bad for nothing. Africans were mainly naked not due to poverty but due to heat.

See the kain heat wey dey Lagos these days, without oyibo lifestyle and westernisation, electricity, AC everywhere, you think people won't be walking naked?

The climate once used to be hotter than this centuries ago before it cooled down (looks like its warming up again). So imagine dry seasons soooo hot, no electricity to use Fan or AC, no bathroom (people bathed in the river), no swimming pool to cool in. And people had to go to the farm to work or stay in the market. Everybody go commot clothe.

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08am On Jan 13
YourFavEvangeli:

Well this is how the aso oke was worn. It wasn't used to make shokoto. And it is still not bad.
You are the one feeling bad for nothing. Africans were mainly naked not due to poverty but due to heat.
See the kain heat wey dey Lagos these days, without oyibo lifestyle and westernisation, electricity, AC everywhere, you think people won't be walking naked?
The climate once used to be hotter than this centuries ago before it cooled down (looks like its warming up again). So imagine dry seasons soooo hot, no electricity to use Fan or AC, no bathroom (people bathed in the river), no swimming pool to cool in. And people had to go to the farm to work or stay in the market. Everybody go commot clothe.

You're making it much funnier with this post! cheesy

Centuries ago we had bushes in this side of Africa so our weather was moderate and just the best in the world until the white man came to harvest our trees. So the heat was only in the mid-sahara where there is desert but in Lagos, Ogun, Ọ̀yọ́, Òndó, Èkìtì, Ọ̀ṣun and the rest our weather was just perfect.
You can also do a little research on deforestation to know what damage those white men did by cutting all our trees without planting to keep our forest.

The global warming today is as a result of trees that has been removed without replantingwink

1 Like

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by YourFavEvangeli: 4:20pm On Jan 13
MaxInDHouse:

You're making it much funnier with this post! cheesy

Centuries ago we had bushes in this side of Africa so our weather was moderate and just the best in the world until the white man came to harvest our trees. So the heat was only in the mid-sahara where there is desert but in Lagos, Ogun, Ọ̀yọ́, Òndó, Èkìtì, Ọ̀ṣun and the rest our weather was just perfect.
You can also do a little research on deforestation to know what damage those white men did by cutting all our trees without planting to keep our forest.

The global warming today is as a result of trees that has been removed without replantingwink

Centuries ago, Lagos, ogun oyo, ondo, ekiti and osun had the best weather in the world.......... Kogi and kwara nkor? grin grin grin

The heat was only in the Sahara.........

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well, my grand mother is from ijebu-ode and she used to tell me that in the days of her grandparents, people only tie loose clothes on their waist when going to the farm due to the heat.

Maybe her own ijebu-ode was located in the Sahara dessert.

You go dey alright.
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13
YourFavEvangeli:

Centuries ago, Lagos, ogun oyo, ondo, ekiti and osun had the best weather in the world.......... Kogi and kwara nkor? grin grin grin
The heat was only in the Sahara.........
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Well, my grand mother is from ijebu-ode and she used to tell me that in the days of her grandparents, people only tie loose clothes on their waist when going to the farm due to the heat.
Maybe her own ijebu-ode was located in the Sahara dessert.
You go dey alright.

The highlighted has settled this!

They aren't going to parties where dignitaries will be there to see them rather they're going to work under the sun. Just as i also followed my uncle to his farm and removed my shirt when we were working on his yam plantation but that doesn't mean we go about naked all the day nah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by cornelboy(f): 4:36pm On Jan 13
MaxInDHouse:

Lol 😂😂
Re: CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video) by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:51pm On Jan 13
cornelboy:

Lol 😂😂
Some people are just so funny yet they get annoyed easily! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos / 'Some Women Roll Their Eyeballs To Entice Me' - Anthony Okogie / Mbaka Supporter Threatens To Kill Bishop, Peter Obi After Church Ban (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.