Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo (3391 Views)

A View From The Cockpit Of A Nigerian Air Force Jet (Video) / Osinbajo And Ambode At Ikoyi Club 1938 80th Anniversary (Photos) / A View Into The Life Of The Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by sarrki(m): 12:48pm On Jan 02
Iwo - Oyo Road, 1938

Source: Nigeria Magazine, No. 15, September 1938 - Edited by E.H. Duckworth
📸:Kehinde-Thompson
#iwo #oyo #osunstate #oyostate Highlight @followers

5 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by happney65: 1:01pm On Jan 02
Let the abuse start

Go!
Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Sccarrr: 1:05pm On Jan 02
That time ,some ppl still dey drag space and bananas with monkeys in the jungle

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by zebszebs: 1:10pm On Jan 02
If this is how 1938 looked like, imagine what 1838 would have been, talkless of 1538?

And we wonder why Europeans look down on us and relate with us from a condescending position?

We never were, and never will be in the same league with them.

Here is a picture of London in 1938

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Herdsmen: 1:34pm On Jan 02
If you want .. no go buy that bush .. you Dey neglect for that area.. very soon e go turn .. pic 2024..

Imagine say my Baba buy out this bush left and right for 10 kilometers..

By now ..

Na me Ladoja and Dey rest for Dey pay tribute and homage at same time

E no mean the area or state .. as long say na southern Nigeria ..

Profit Dey

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by pandoragirigory: 1:44pm On Jan 02
Thank God South west has something to show but some embittered unknown known gun men people will be blabbering and bickering with nothing to show, people without history, just history of crimes, criminality, rebellion and cannibalism

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by IGBOSON1: 1:50pm On Jan 02
zebszebs:
If this is how 1938 looked like, imagine what 1838 would have been, talkless of 1538?

And we wonder why Europeans look down on us and relate with us from a condescending position?

Your post doesn't tell the full story! A lot of stolen wealth from Africa and India as well as cheap forced/slave labour were used to build what you're seeing there!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Akaegwu(m): 1:53pm On Jan 02
When government was selfless
Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Nonny95: 1:54pm On Jan 02
IGBOSON1:

Your post doesn't tell the full story! A lot of stolen wealth from Africa and India as well as cheap forced/slave labour were used to build what you're seeing there!

Close your mouth.

Always blaming others.

Oya o. Since the end of slave trade, have you reached London of 1938 yet?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Akaegwu(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02
pandoragirigory:
Thank God South west has something to show but some embittered unknown known gun men people will be blabbering and bickering with nothing to show, people without history, just history of crimes, criminality, rebellion and cannibalism
Stupidity personified

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by IGBOSON1: 1:54pm On Jan 02
pandoragirigory:

You've got a very sick, insecure and one-track mind....just saying! Do you think of anything else besides fretting 24/7 over your perceived 'enemy/competition'!? Even your choice of moniker is a good pointer to your state of mind and sick obsession!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by IGBOSON1: 1:56pm On Jan 02
Nonny95:

Close your mouth.

Always blaming others.

Oya o. Since the end of slave trade, have you reached London of 1938 yet?

Yet again, you show you're a poor student of history! I'm enjoying my porridge so i'll let your ignorance slide! wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by sreamsense: 2:11pm On Jan 02
Good old days when Fullani were not hiding inside bushes to kidnap people for ransom. The good old days when most Islamic terrorists were not born or developed wings. All those bushes have turned to houses, shops and business offices now

3 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by zebszebs: 2:15pm On Jan 02
IGBOSON1:

And the people of Oyo weren't raiding other tribal nations, plundering them, and enslaving them?

The 16-year Kiriji Wars fought between the Western Yorubaland (Oyo and Ibadan) versus Ekiti Parapo, etc is a joke to you?

Our forefathers were myopic, backward-thinking who put religion and archaic cultural practises over science.

Here we are today, not even attempting to catch up, either through innovation or copy and paste, like China and Japan did.

Africa/Nigeria IMHO is NGMI.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by flokii: 2:16pm On Jan 02
Sccarrr:

Yoruba no be their mate.. the gap too much.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by jmoore(m): 2:23pm On Jan 02
Sccarrr:
flokii:

Yoruba no be their mate.. the gap too much.

Ignorance is a cancer.

1938 was colonial period. British government built several infrastructures.

Milliken hill road in Enugu was constructed in 1909.

7 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Nonny95: 2:23pm On Jan 02
IGBOSON1:

Yet again, you show you're a poor student of history! I'm enjoying my porridge so i'll let your ignorance slide! wink

Stewpïd mentality. You have seen who has not eaten before.

Infact that trash you are eating, even if it's the only food in this world I rather remain hungry.
Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by benefitzte: 2:27pm On Jan 02
sarrki:
Iwo - Oyo Road, 1938

Source: Nigeria Magazine, No. 15, September 1938 - Edited by E.H. Duckworth
📸:Kehinde-Thompson
#iwo #oyo #osunstate #oyostate Highlight @followers

No difference till date.
Which day I pass there last? Iwo - ejigbo - oyo same till date

3 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by pandoragirigory: 2:43pm On Jan 02
IGBOSON1:

You've got a very sick, insecure and one-track mind....just saying! Do you think of anything else besides fretting 24/7 over your perceived 'enemy/competition'!? Even your choice of moniker is a good pointer to your state of mind and sick obsession!
You are seeing your mother in everyone, your obsession to your limitations is real

1 Like

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by pandoragirigory: 2:46pm On Jan 02
Akaegwu:
Stupidity personified
Thanks for telling me about your mother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Seefinish: 2:47pm On Jan 02
If Yoruba are celebrating ordinary road not tarred, I wonder how Benin people would celebrate.

5 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Sccarrr: 2:57pm On Jan 02
jmoore:

Ignorance is a cancer.

1938 was colonial period. British government built several infrastructures.

Milliken hill road in Enugu was constructed in 1909.

wetin concern me with Enugu? I mention name?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by jmoore(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02
Sccarrr:
wetin concern me with Enugu? I mention name?

Enugu no concern you na.

It is ignorance wey concern you.

2 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by LifeofDream: 3:02pm On Jan 02
zebszebs:

Iwo is not a commercial capital nor an administrative capital, so this comparison is baseless...

Lagos would've been a perfect comparison..

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Akaegwu(m): 3:04pm On Jan 02
pandoragirigory:
Thanks for telling me about your mother
I'm very sure you don't know your mother. You're mother died while prostituting. Your grandma raised an ediot. Not her fault. Old age is not your mate

1 Like

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Sccarrr: 3:06pm On Jan 02
jmoore:

Enugu no concern you na.

It is ignorance wey concern you.
you're the ignorant here with very low self esteem, u think everything is about u ppl😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by Nicepoker(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02
Top 2 corrupt sets of people fighting and abusing themselves as usual. angry
Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by top10villa: 3:31pm On Jan 02
zebszebs:

And the people of Oyo weren't raiding other tribal nations, plundering them, and enslaving them?

The 16-year Kiriji Wars fought between the Western Yorubaland (Oyo and Ibadan) versus Ekiti Parapo, etc is a joke to you?

Our forefathers were myopic, backward-thinking who put religion and archaic cultural practises over science.

Here we are today, not even attempting to catch up, either through innovation or copy and paste, like China and Japan did.

Africa/Nigeria IMHO is NGMI.
Bro I told some one our grand fathers are responsible for what we met on ground, he was arguing with me.

I plainly told him most if not all of our forethather la k foresight he was arguing with me.

The truth remains that most of them were senseless and lack vision.
Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by zebszebs: 4:16pm On Jan 02
[quote author=LifeofDream post=127743873][/quote]

Since you have decided to go defensive without facts,

Here is a 1920 picture of Birmingham, a 3rd tier city in the UK:

Iwo in the year 2100 will not look like Birmingham of 1920.

Our ancestors failed and we are continuing with the trend they set.

I await your next excuse for why Africa has/is still underdeveloped.

5 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by oglalasioux(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02
IGBOSON1:

Nice point.

But these guys left since 1960; nearly 65 years. What has the black man used the 'unstolen' wealth to do except embezzle it and take it to continue building the same white man's land?

The white man is not the black man's problem. The black man has a serious problem. If we fail to acknowledge it and seek for help we'll continue being backwards.

5 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02
pandoragirigory:
Shut up dude

2 Likes

Re: A View On Iwo -oyo Road In 1938 - Photo by ElSudani: 5:22pm On Jan 02
zebszebs:

You are comparing London city to a random location between Iwo and Oyo?
Lol, oga.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar / Apga Set To Sweep Lagos Councils Election As Okorocha Storms Lagos / Lead Poisoning: Zamfara Clean-up To Cost $4million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.