Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished (22551 Views)

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Johnycastro18: 11:54pm On Jan 04
psychologist:

Be like me and you Dey drag one babe grin
Is that your Ene second name Susan make I Dey sure grin?
not at all, your Susan is safe for you grin
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Johnycastro18: 11:57pm On Jan 04
DaddyGngeess:

Smile, I don marry Ene last 2 years now abi she no tell you? (Joking oo) Actually my wife name is Ene beautiful and glassy, good woman, happy new year to you , go find your own Ene oo. Idomas are really nice people

"Idomas are really nice people"
That is 100% correct
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Johnycastro18: 11:59pm On Jan 04
JONSYN7154:
Ene no go gree marry u again. If I see ur leg for otukpo I go use trap wey I dey tek catch bush animal catch u. 🤣 🤣🤣
my in-laws no vex, grin

We can settle this amicably cheesy

1 Like

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by MeaslesMumpsRub: 12:13am On Jan 05
Way to go..
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by robbase: 1:23am On Jan 05
Bride price is never a big deal. The issue is the expenses incurred during the traditional wedding like, money for food, drinks, elders, youths, uncles aunts, goats, clothes, jewelries, kola but etc. grin grin grin
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by robbase: 1:36am On Jan 05
[/quote]
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by robbase: 1:39am On Jan 05
Y
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by 123papas(m): 6:03am On Jan 05
5,500 in Anambra
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by JONSYN7154: 7:55am On Jan 05
Johnycastro18:
my in-laws no vex, grin

We can settle this amicably cheesy

to appease me you need to bring seven bushfish, 3 roasted egg, 5 chicken with teeth.

With this I can allow you to marry your Ene. 🤣🤣😂
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Objectivist04: 2:03pm On Jan 05
Lanre1979:

You are totally wrong with this submission. Yorubas don't sell their daughters all in the name of collecting brideprice.

Ok, but Yoruba women can give you four children (bastards) fathered by other men

BTW Why do Yoruba men rush lgbo women for marriage despite the "selling" leaving their cheap women to roam about ?
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Objectivist04: 2:08pm On Jan 05
Lanre1979:

This is a contradiction. In Igbo marriage, the groom shouldered all the expenses after paying the bride price.
You can't be telling me about my custom Oga, must of the things I use in my house are what my in-laws used to settle their daughter,(my wife) I am from Enugu state as I stated above, I don't know about others.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Objectivist04: 2:11pm On Jan 05
Lanre1979:

This is a contradiction. In Igbo marriage, the groom shouldered all the expenses after paying the bride price.
You can't be telling me about my custom Oga, most of the things I use in my house are what my in-laws used to settle their daughter,(my wife) I am from Enugu state as I stated above, I don't know about others.

By the way you afonjas should stop crying more than the brieved, we lgbos pay for the"expensive" marriage but you guys are the one crying. I don't understand again
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Objectivist04: 2:18pm On Jan 05
Lanre1979:

How come most of your men marry late?
Late marriage is not because of high cost of marriage but some prefer to make money before going into marriage because they believe marriage will reduce their hustling capability. Just as l said poor people marry daily in lgbo land, stop crying over what does not concern you. Keke drivers are getting married to female graduates here.

When they give you expensive list, it might be because you are a total stranger.

Know this and know peace
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Johnycastro18: 9:24pm On Jan 06
grin
JONSYN7154:
to appease me you need to bring seven bushfish, 3 roasted egg, 5 chicken with teeth.

With this I can allow you to marry your Ene. 🤣🤣😂
grin grin
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by jojothaiv(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07
wonder233:
Blacks! There is no price on a human being - whether literal or figurative. Marriage is simply the verbal declaration of intent by two adults that have come of age that they want to spend their lives together in the presence of witnesses. Simple!.

Subhumans will come under this mention and start frothing in the mouth about how dare you talk against their sacred brideprice. But ask a Nigerian or a black African what brideprice really means and how it came about, he has nothing to say other than hurl shallow emotive invectives about tradition..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Biology Behind Light Skin Complexion Born And Bred Africans. / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday / 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.