Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria (27113 Views)

Naira Exchange Came In At The Wrong Time – Onanuga, Director, APC PCC / Buhari At The Right Place At The Wrong Time. / Opinion: Why It Is Very Wrong To Use Buhari And Integrity In The Same Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by MikeofKd(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .

495 Likes 58 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by 2aces(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05
This is hilarious but very true about the situation of things we are forced to accept in this country.
The moment you understand the Nigerian situation is "all man for himself" the faster you will begin to regain your sanity and start figuring your way up.

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alphamentips: 5:05pm On Jan 05
I try to Focus on the solutions more because the problem yapa !

How do one escape the rat race? Have enof bar then comot this country because imagine how bad e go dey in the next 3 to 4 years following this trend.

The Nigerian money come dey lose value dey cancel out all your gains. Finally them say illegal pay pass (but not always true)

No risk. No reward.
I go find more ways to do something wey go bring the money by nature's energy. Ani dubem

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Sonnobax15(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05
lipsrsealed
Nigha you're not alone in all of these....

But las las,we go survive....but not every youth out there is into fraudulent activity....

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05
Nigerian situation is disheartening
Our money has lost all it's value
Sometimes u will be wondering if ur money is getting stolen without u knowing u have spent it,it's well.

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by FalseProphet1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05
Agwala.
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05
A country where when its citizens have their backs against the wall. Instead of fighting back. Chooses to dig a hole in the wall and slid inside. grin

217 Likes 24 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Palazee(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05
This country is just another british guinea pig experiment.

Our foundation is very very faulty. Lost hope in this sh1thole

Tinubu for 3rd tenure

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Alhajikd: 8:59pm On Jan 05
This country is irredeemable.
That's nothing anyone can do to salvage it. Buhari killed the economy and Tinubu finally put the final nail on the coffin. And the most annoying part of it is that him and his cronies are busy stealing the remaining money

Thank God that I have decided to be a seriously minded born again Christian this year

I come in peace though

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ogashman(m): 9:18pm On Jan 05
I remember when I was a kid I admired adults and adult life because then things were better. I always fantasize about it and could not wait to get to that stage and enjoy my life. Then with a job of 50k u re a big boy. Those earning 100k were really balling.

Now, finally getting to that stage, buhari and tinubu inflated the prices of goods and services by over 500% in just 8 years.

Even a 150k salary, u still would not be able to sustain yourself for a month.

God will punish people who brought those two calamities and are supporting their impoverishing policies.

187 Likes 24 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ogashman(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05
Nicepoker:
A country where when its citizens have their backs against the wall. Instead of fighting back. Chooses to dig a hole in the wall and slid inside. grin

True that...someone said they would even borrow money to buy hammer and use it to break the wall.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Illegal1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05
omoh...,.....as it stands now,9ja dn turn to jungle.

jst do wat ever u can to survive either peace or in peaces..

nah to begin kidnap politician remain for boys to do.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by fortunez1(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05
MikeofKd:
This period is the worst period be a Nigerian youth ,the government has completely crippled and humiliated us. The economy is very bad and even worse, things are getting out of hand every blessed day.

My problem with Nigerians are our spirit of adaptation , I can promise you dat if fuel sells for 5k per litre people would still buy after complaining heavily , cause thats all we do ,complain bitterly but everyone would at d end of the day find ways to adapt.

For how long are we going to continue this way for christ sake? Almost all the youth are into one fraudulent activity or the other these days and the most decent looking ladies have a very troublesome amount of body count these days as well.

How I wish we can all in our frustrations pay Tinubu a visit at Aso rock , atleast make we protest heavily reach him side cus im fed up honestly.

I'm a bachelor but im still managing like a student , bills upon bills and worst you dont even get to enjoy for these services you pay for at all.

You cant even find an understanding girlfriend anymore in this country. Omo make I stop here before I go craze , Nigeria matter fit make man craze .
imagine the case of a man and his family , invested in poultry but got nothing, business was very bad and an ingratitude woman but yet things are now improving gradually but still high hope on God and myself. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Pecoleee345: 6:38am On Jan 06
MikeofKd:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

We should go Abuja to face tinubu while leaving the governors abi
I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Wizyoung(m): 7:33am On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

The problem is we focus too much on the presidency forgetting the one we should hold is the governor.

I don't know if this governors are using jazz or we just have alot of educated illiterate in Nigeria.

Your governor is suppose to create job and better the likelihood of where you residing that why he get allocation every month.

Better start asking your governor what he is doing with your money and leave the presidency alone.

The reality is that the so called Federal allocation to states isn't even sufficient enough to sustain some states' basic infrastructures like road maintenance not to mention development of mega project to ease unemployment. So it is neither about the allocation in a sense nor about the governor.

When a sitting governor embezzles state's fund without fear of sanction from the PRESIDENT, it could only mean one thing...

He has a role model at the top - The President

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Pecoleee345: 7:53am On Jan 06
Wizyoung:

The reality is that the so called Federal allocation to states isn't even sufficient enough to sustain some states' basic infrastructures like road maintenance not to mention development of mega project to ease unemployment. So it is neither about the allocation in a sense nor about the governor.

When a sitting governor embezzles state's fund without fear of sanction from the PRESIDENT, it could only mean one thing...

He has a role model at the top - The President

You are very funny.............you think a president can arrest or punish a sitting governor??

Try and Google what your governor get a month and you will surprised (i mean minus the security vote).

Governors are the real thieves but alot of you are so blind to that cos they cleverly direct everything to the presidency.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:39am On Jan 06
Work and pray that the time should be yours, since the existence of humans some people complain while others leave large.take or leave it there will always be struggling people on earth in ramifications.Atiku has been struggling to be the president of the nation for decades and bat in single attempts got it likewise a new graduate fully employed and someone that graduated before his/she got out of high school is unemployed

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by MSN1(m): 10:27am On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

God go bless u 4 dis talk.

People like u are the reason why we still post on NL because a lot here are walking with pry 2 brain.

I have said on different threads, the need 4 us not to heap all the blame on presidents and what i got in return were bashing , calling me out that i am supporting APC and evil, i just look dem they laugh. Failure to use your brain is automatically signing for your brain to use u.

*Allocations goes to states steadily, when nothing is done, they shout president.
*ASUU strike, they shout president, rather than calling out your union leaders that sold u out to your oppressors.
* Pensions and promotions are not paid as at when due, they shout president, leaving union leaders that sold them.
__If everything is president, then why do we have
LG chairmen
Assembly, Rep and Senate members?
These people steal and rip us, yet a lot of educated mugus, blame presidents, UNA GO USE UNA HEAD BY FORCE.

I felt like crying when my nigga's mom told me her Pension money she received (that has been due for more than 5 years ) was not even up to 6 million, VERY PATHETIC.
Ordinary money that can't afford a good ride not to talk of living a good life before death comes. SOMEONE'S 35 years of steady sweat, neanwhile one stupid house of Assembly member makes tripple that amount in 6 months.

I sorry 4 who get d now useless Naira in abundance and refuse to rewrite im posterity story. MOVING OUT TO SANER CLIMES IS D BEST GIFT ANYONE CAN GIFT HIS/HER GENERATION.

Youths in 2024 still shouting Obi, Tinubu, Atiku, is d worst kind of disease on Earth.

A guy was advising mostly youth to move and make life better for their generation on LIB few days ago and stupid youths were bashing him.
MUMU DEY ALWAYS LEARN D HARD WAY.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:40am On Jan 06
There is light at the end of the tunnel...you just need to have a little more patience

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:05am On Jan 06
I don't agree with the bashing of the state governor to an extent. I mean the blame should be around 60% for the president, 30% for the governor then 10% for the local government.

The way Nigeria is, structurally, means that the state governments are mere 'caretaker' of the land and not the 'landlord'.

A nation where the resources, policy and policing of the whole land is solely controlled by a single head. Added with a very weak political awareness of the citizens calls for a disastrous society we find ourselves.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Teejaney88(m): 11:12am On Jan 06
And the youths are not helping matters at all.
We allow the crooked politicians to manipulate us using religious/ tribal sentiments...

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Kenn55: 3:04pm On Jan 06
Pecoleee345:

Why should you let the president off the hook here? The degradation of Nigeria is primarily the fault of the president. To be fair to Tinubu, he wasn't the one that destroyed it as it started before him but he has contributed to bury it.
The major items that controls the health and viability of the country rests on the FG. The president presides over the monetary and fiscal policies which sets the tone for the economy which affects the states. CBN though independent reports to the president. When naira depreciates due to stupid policies that gives rise to inflation, it is not on the governors.

The president controls the police, army,dss and the entire security architecture etc. Not the governors. When farmers can't farm because of the massacre by terrorists in the middle belt which now leads to higher food prices, the fault is more on the president than governors cos governors don't control the armed forces. I can go on and on.

Unfortunately, our structure is the cause of this deep problems. We copied democracy from the west but applied it the wrong way due to greed. If we practiced true federalism then the governors would have more of the blame. Now they are hiding under the FG cos the FG is too powerful.
In the west like Canada and US, each state or province function like an independent country and in charge of its economy. No sharing of money from FG, it is the state that contributes money to the FG. The resources in each state is used for the state so every state is forced to develop it's own unique economy. In Nigeria, the states are useless cos there is oil money to be shared every month.

I'm not saying the governors are doing well, in fact, they are useless but as per your argument, the president shares the biggest blame in the current situation.

111 Likes 18 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by STEWpid(f): 4:16pm On Jan 06
Chai..

I kon dey hide my head as dem dey throw Tribal bottles and Axes upandan!!

It's actually hard for Naijiriya to heal of ethnic WAr!!

1 Like

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by landmark86: 4:17pm On Jan 06
Bros I feel your pains.
But truth of the matter is that Nigerians are helpless.
We have been captured and enslaved by our politicians. They use tribes and religions to scattered us.
Why do you think many Nigerians Japa?
85% of people that Japa never plan or believe they will as at the year 2020.
But the man called PMB scattered the economy of this nation down to zero.
Well there's hope if we Nigerians truly want it.
Cos God no go come down to fix it and me and you get the responsibility by voting the right candidate for the seat.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 4:17pm On Jan 06
How do you expect the country economy to be in good shape when just 1 person diverted 44Billion from FG account to her personal account... even after the recovery of the funds.. 5Billion is still missing...

Now this act is not performed by one person but lots of people in the higher positions in the country...

Miracle wont happen as long as this people keeps stealing our wealth....

My only advice, dont wait for anyone... If you hav the means... move out now..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by ekelebeXstunner: 4:17pm On Jan 06
Life na ups and downs. Enjoyment dey tire person after a while. It’s why I don’t believe in heaven. In the midst of the many complaints, we’ll smile once in a while — as life should be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by pelumi25: 4:18pm On Jan 06
Baba, no be lie. Make God no shame us. Kii aye ope ma yo, I swear

2 Likes

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by zombieHUNTER: 4:18pm On Jan 06
undecided

These same youths especially from the South West voted Buhari twice and capped it off with Tinubu..

you can't exonerate the youth from the nation's decline..
Go to x and see where a hungry youth is saying they've taught some people political lessons.. by voting and supporting rubbish..

Welcome to the shithole
what a Bulablu

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by Griffon(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06
The only reason so many Nigerians don’t realize we’re in an economic depression is because Nigerians are used to hardships, it has been our way of life for so long.

We were beaten into submission by the government and the demonic structure many decades ago.

Every four years, there’s a promise of a New Nigeria, Fresh Air and Change. The retards would get lured into the tribal game and religious fanaticism. At the end, the retards’ preferred “incompetent” candidate gets elected at the expense of a “manageable” candidate, and so the vicious cycle of corruption and poverty continues.

We never ready to be free sha. We are inadvertently responsible for what we are going through and I’ll tell you for free, it’s going to get worse.

If you have your way, Japa!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 4:19pm On Jan 06
money now has little to no value

yet you have to over work your ass off to get the meaningless naira

doing so much in exchange for so little

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:19pm On Jan 06
2aces:
This is hilarious but very true about the situation of things we are forced to accept in this country.
The moment you understand the Nigerian situation is "all man for himself" the faster you will begin to regain your sanity and start figuring your way up.

who forced Nigerians to accept the situation of things?
Re: A VERY VERY Wrong Time To Be An Adult In Nigeria by emdis: 4:19pm On Jan 06
Yea
Especially With companies like mamaland Foods Limited taking advantage of job seekers

https://www.nairaland.com/7954190/cheap-labor-exploitation-experience-mamaland#127809730

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Is Getting Flooded / Plot To Impeach Yakubu Dogara Thickens - Naij.com / Boy Kissing Buhari's Photo On A Car (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.