Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) (33291 Views)

Tinubu Sacks NAHCON Board, Appoints Jalal Arabi As New Chairman / Tinubu 'Sacks' Sen Binani As Campaign Coordinator For Adamawa After She Resigned / Kogi Guber Race: Plot To Replace Bello Thickens, Irukera Tipped For APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Apel147(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08
As obi to come and sack him nah 🙄😜

Racoon:
Why not sack yourself first? A confirmed culprit busy sack others more competent than himself.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by ILoveNG: 10:40pm On Jan 08
Bigfish121:
Mumu as if na Tinubu get himself.
What if tomorrow reach and Tinubu is no more.
You think say God na fool abi.
Nor worry just watch as things unfold.

I no dey follow you argue God’s power.
The quoted won’t make your favorite politician be the president. In the case of the unfortunate death of Tinubu in power (Godforbid) His vice will take over you guys will continue your miserable wail from where you stopped.

In any case, i really don’t envy you people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kay25(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08
HopeSpencer:
Political appointees always see their posts as opportunities to make money. It seems Tinubu wants to change the narrative.
He should be the one to change it if he doesn't he failed big time
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by U09ce: 10:41pm On Jan 08
frog12:
2 years ke??

are you sure?

I just checked. I was wrong. It was signed into law in 2018. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Zeezenho: 10:42pm On Jan 08
planetx:
No accusation of nepotism now that the two sacked gentlemen are Yorubas.

Because Yoruba's are as corrupt as hell.i no fear tinubu like I fear those Yoruba's around our common wealth.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by xukwaa: 10:47pm On Jan 08
Why not sack at once rather than create sack news per month. Na sack Nigerians go chop?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08
Avoid this guy. he's a scam, I paid him, he agreed to corrections, I contacted him again; he said was eating, till today he has not finished eating. Avoid him, he is a hungry guy, using this to scam people.
alna:
The president mean business

We make Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/PHoeZpx4x3D5Nnsn8

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Johnthesuccess: 10:57pm On Jan 08
Lastmankc:
Nah dis same style the guy use run Lagos be dis

Yes,until people performed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Johnthesuccess: 10:58pm On Jan 08
Hibeemany:
I want to become a governor, President,.....obviously nothing to show for at the end of the day. Someone that needs to be sack is sacking people here and there.

So sorry for your 8 years pained. You have to deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by ak22(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08
Racoon:
Why not sack yourself first? A confirmed culprit busy sack others more competent than himself.

Yinmu. You talk too much

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Navallo: 11:00pm On Jan 08
ILoveNG:

That you will be like this for some 8 years or more bothers me. It must really be hard for you and i honestly don’t envy you.
Especially now that prices of BP drugs have skyrocketed 😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kido90(m): 11:03pm On Jan 08
I hope FCCPC doesn't become like Nafdac after the exit of Dora Akunyili? Irekera did marvellously well

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Kukutente23: 11:06pm On Jan 08
Bovis:

I would observe tradition by not posting negative things about the late Jide. However, let’s just say Tinubu took the decision based on principles
Lol. Principles? There are some things that transcend Principles bro. One is the responsibility of parents to their children. There's no prefect child but the parents are duty bound to love the child and give him/ her his rights.
To say a child is not marketable. I want to believe you're lying though

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Okhuadams(m): 11:16pm On Jan 08
Racoon:
Is high time you let go of the pais of defeat in last year election and move on cos for PBAT him no send you

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Myablew: 11:27pm On Jan 08
No gree for anybody.. e get why..

Odogwuzack:
Who do anyhow go see anyhow. Tinubu no send anybody.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by lasgidi4rv: 11:29pm On Jan 08
ednut1:
Okoh is now a yoruba name Rotimi Amaechi is yoruba too abi 🤣
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Chimookigwe: 11:34pm On Jan 08
ednut1:
Okoh is now a yoruba name Rotimi Amaechi is yoruba too abi 🤣

Ojo is now a Yoruba name?
Ojo Madueke is Igbo abi?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by phemray(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08
trutharena:
Na only Fashola understand Tinubu.

He said Tinubu consistently sack people throughout their government.

Yes he was his Chief of staff so he knows much,the issue is that he used to prosecute after sack but our agencies hands are full already

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Chimookigwe: 11:38pm On Jan 08
Alexlalax1:
This man is clueless, incompetent and confused..... sacking the people he just appointed. Didn't he had a thorough investigation before appointing them. When is the president sacking tinubu because this government is not working

He wasn't the one who appointed them.
You just open your mouth and talk rubbish because others are talking. Instead of you to stand at the corner and listen so you can gather some wisdom into your empty head.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by frog12: 11:42pm On Jan 08
with high costs and cheating everywhere
are you sure this man did his job?

Kido90:
I hope FCCPC doesn't become like Nafdac after the exit of Dora Akunyili? Irekera did marvellously well
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by aguluobi: 11:42pm On Jan 08
More tears to yours souls while Tinubu rules for the next 8 years

Racoon:
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by manitoba(m): 11:50pm On Jan 08
Jide my man. The man with the intelligence of BAT on a good day. May his gentle soul rest in peace..
Bovis:
Take it from me, Tinubu is a no nonsense man, he suffers no fool gladly. I worked in Lagos civil service and lived with his late son Jide in London for years. He denied Jide several opportunities and did not sponsor his wedding because he considered him “unmaketable”.
I just laugh when people post unsubstantiated claims about Tinubu and some media outlets help in spreading it. I’m glad Nigerian’s are getting to know the man themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by 3seriez(m): 11:53pm On Jan 08
Lanruze:

God bless you my brother.

This man just achieved what PBAT didn't achieve in eight -8-years in Lagos.

He took British American Tobacco (BAT) to court over unfair marketing tactics against smaller competition through his agency FCCPC and won over $110m compensation from BAT.

Based on current exchange rate, it's over N120B and has been claimed by British American Tobacco to be fully paid.

The FCCPC V/C - CEO should rather be given a higher responsibility for this landmark achievement.

Insiders say he took the case with British American Tobacco (BAT) very personal for reasons best known to him. And it's not like other tobacco companies are not engaged in Anti Competition activity themselves. BAT was just big fish for him.
Yes, he made money for government but BAT have reduced their staff strength in Nigeria & West Africa by more than 50% after this, moved their regional headquarters from Lagos to South Africa. Even sold their Nigerian headquarters building.
Don't be surprised to hear soon , they have sold their Nigerian business to another player. They have already started offsetting their Assets in other West African countries.

That $110m fine was too harsh. How much is their Year on Year profit after Tax (YOY) , that you fine them that much. They are one of the best companies in Nigeria when it comes to paying Tax and one of the biggest employers in the private sector. That action was not a booster for investor confidence at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Bovis(m): 11:53pm On Jan 08
Kukutente23:

Lol. Principles? There are some things that transcend Principles bro. One is the responsibility of parents to There's no prefect child but the parents are duty bound to love the child and give him/ her his rights.
To say a child is not marketable. I want to believe you're lying though

What do I gain from lying about my late friend that was a benefactor to many. The problem with you people is that you’re not objective and apply sentiment to everything. There are some rich people who have willed all their wealth to care homes and strangers instead of their children, go figure! Tinubu is a very pragmatic person, he’s loved/hated by many but respected by everyone that knows him. You will always know where you stand with him

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by NoGreeForAnyhod: 11:59pm On Jan 08
Racoon:

8 years of crying and wailing while we are rejoicing. It's a bad time to be a wailer

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by jimcaddy(m): 12:00am On Jan 09
Why Irukera? That man has achieved so much and repositioned the much maligned FCCPC. On what basis is the President relieving him of his appointment? Yes the President has the liberty to sack any DG, but why Irukera?
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Asswipemod: 12:05am On Jan 09
Racoon:

When will this wailing stop? Una no de tire.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Asswipemod: 12:26am On Jan 09
Chimookigwe:

He wasn't the one who appointed them.
You just open your mouth and talk rubbish because others are talking. Instead of you to stand at the corner and listen so you can gather some wisdom into your empty head.

😆😆😆😆😆😆
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by aestake: 12:29am On Jan 09
ILoveNG:

That you will be like this for some 8 years or more bothers me. It must really be hard for you and i honestly don’t envy you.
It is even hard for you.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by aestake: 12:30am On Jan 09
NoGreeForAnyhod:

8 years of crying and wailing while we are rejoicing. It's a bad time to be a wailer
You follow Ojo and Edu share the cash?
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Austino50: 12:34am On Jan 09
where is Wike, that man deserves to collect too because he's not always in his duty post instead he's PH drinking whisky every now and then
Re: Tinubu Sacks Irukera (FCCPC CEO), Okoh (DG, BPE) by Benwallt(m): 12:55am On Jan 09
BoldBrainz:
Lol.
Y'all should keep clowning.

While you keep crying

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Changes Nameplates Of Three Ministries / What Buhari Said While Receiving His WAEC Certificate / 3,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Edo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.