Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters (41090 Views)

If You Visit The EFCC Headquarters You Will Think That You Are In Northern Niger / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) / Thabo Mbeki And Buhari At The Commissioning Of EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Basicend: 1:04pm On Jan 09
Nice123:
Considering the actions of this lady, a 37-year-old youth within her first 8 months in office, it's a stark realization of the state of our nation
At times, I reflect on whether there's any Nigerian, myself included, untouched by corruption, someone who wouldn't embezzle public funds if presented with the chance.

Who shall save Nigeria? The earlier we realised what we are doing to ourselves, the better for us. Clock is ticking, one day monkey go go market e no go return.

Speak for yourself bruv.

A lot of us have seen pressures of many millions constantly and have remained unstained.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by tunde1200(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09
Yeye girl
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Basicend: 1:05pm On Jan 09
Sunofgod:
Grill her well well like Suya...... shameless hapless thief.

Make una calm small small o. You know say na woman.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Sleekfingers: 1:09pm On Jan 09
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Sleekfingers: 1:11pm On Jan 09
Nonywendy:
Nothing go still comot. She will still be discharged soon. All these na gra gra

But won't be the minister anymore....Snd they will collect the money from her.
And her career is finished for life. She better go and drink sniper......iku ya Ju esin lo.....
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by faceland: 1:11pm On Jan 09
Nice123:
Considering the actions of this lady, a 37-year-old youth within her first 8 months in office, it's a stark realization of the state of our nation
At times, I reflect on whether there's any Nigerian, myself included, untouched by corruption, someone who wouldn't embezzle public funds if presented with the chance.

Who shall save Nigeria? The earlier we realised what we are doing to ourselves, the better for us. Clock is ticking, one day monkey go go market e no go return.

One fact I know is, if you are given a position of authority, part of your daily activities would be turning down people who would come to your office to propose one fraud or the other.
If you say no, you would be making enemies every single day.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Sensiblerealist: 1:14pm On Jan 09
In other words, ole ni everybody abi(minus me)
Hahahaha

Nice123:

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by asobo1: 1:23pm On Jan 09
GRILLING HASN'T EVEN BEGAN

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by placeofallure(f): 1:38pm On Jan 09
Techwriter:
From Diezani to Beta it seems women's beauty is a measure of how corrupt they're. The more beautiful the more corrupt. Even Lucifer beauty is said to be corrupted

Plus Patricia Etteh. She's their grandmother.

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by GUNITGuy: 1:40pm On Jan 09
Anyone that thinks Nigeria would Prosper with this level of Depravity should examine his mental status...No amount of Prayers would change God's Principle about Righteousness exalting a Nation...
This same Lady sharing Testimony in Church......It's not about Religion it's about the System that accommodates such Devious acts ...Despite whopping salaries Paid to this people would still Deep their hands in Public Funds ...
Examine all agencies departments ministry Parastatals and even arms of Government the Same trend has been going on for Decades
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by theamazonguru(m): 1:42pm On Jan 09
phemray:

But let's wait till the end of investigation before we label her thief and ojukokoro, I think they said she requested to transfer to a private account to be disbursed in villages and rural area but not yet transferred as the Account general step it down. So am not clear, is she already a thief or about to...or suspected to..

Lol.
Whatever the intent was is very clear.

We all know whatever can be sent from a private account can also be sent from a corporate account. Moreover, for such large disbursement to beneficiaries schedules are raised for instant transfer from the bank.

Why would FG money be sent to a private account before being disbursed to the beneficiaries.

Is that how those before her were doing it?

There are standard procedures for doing things.

All you need do is adhere to that existing standard procedure.
Any deviation from it can be misconstrued to mean intention to scam or chop the money even if you never nursed such idea.

Public money should be treated with utmost caution if you don't want to end up in this kind of messy situation of unnecessary institutions and suspicion.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Agunesinjaweola: 1:43pm On Jan 09
Edu is not Better to manage corrupt practices like other politicians.
She was busy watching her pretty face in the office and forgot to tell the Accountant General of his own percentage.
The matter would not have get to the public domain if she had settled the AG or seduce him.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by HRMK: 1:44pm On Jan 09
MAY SHE ROT IN DETENTION LIKE HER PREDECESOR!
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by ABC101FF: 1:44pm On Jan 09
Stealing money meant for humanitarian purposes is associated with a whole lot of lack of human conscience.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by 404adelowo: 1:49pm On Jan 09
provided she is innocentprovided she is innocent...
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by ITbomb(m): 1:50pm On Jan 09
NwokoloOwa:
Sincerely, I pity this young woman. I can bet that she's relatively innocent. This process of sending money to a private acount of the Team Leader or Project Accountant which is sometimes refereed to as warehousing occurs in certain government projects. It's the heavyvamount >N500million, that actually raised the dust. It's from such warehoused money that payments for security, labour, local guides/guards, community needs etc are made. Especially for field related projects
From my perspective, all the accusations are based on the letter she wrote to the AG seeking approval which was not granted and the payment not made yet.
So there will be no refund, recovery or tracing.
I think she would walk
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by FireUpNow(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09
Nigeria s generally are born into corruption because I can't imagine a woman who gave testimony not too long ago that her pastor prayed for and got appointment as a federal employees is now in a total mess.

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Johnnyplus01k(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09
Betta for you

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Babygreene(f): 2:03pm On Jan 09
OROSUNBOLB:

"Typical Nigerian" ? With this your comment,I hope you won't wonder again as to why you're set aside for special screenings by immigration officials at a Point of entry in a foreign country ?! You guys need to learn how to be mindful of what you say about yourselves as Nigerians, there are many non Nigerians here who are taking notes of everything ! It may shock you to know that there are some foreign diplomats on this platform,I know of one in particular !

Majority of Nigerians are not corrupt and they don't "have traits of corruption in their genetic makeup",please ! There are millions of honest and hard working Nigerians out there who are well respected all over the world !

Nigerians are great people !

Its puzzling that people who share same geographical land have deep hatred for each other.It's so shameful that same people with same black skin, same country, same race hate themselves and still have the effrontery to accuse whites of racism. I read the discussion here often and the impressions they gave me is something better left unsaid. Its appalling and shouldn't be heard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Gboom: 2:05pm On Jan 09
Beta Edu may just be a victim of betrayal by her aggrieved subordinates and wicked elders
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by mubalex50(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09
Betta E no go BETTA for u l. Oloriburuku somebody
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Kukutente23: 2:20pm On Jan 09
Make dem grill her along with grill
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by naturefellow(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09
Seunmsg come defend yo sugar mummy
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Ferrous(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09
This woman wey me I dey admire cry
But, in the other hand, the kind of comments wey I dey see here shaa... government take action on corrupt officials, problem, government no take action, bigger problem
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by seguntijan(m): 3:07pm On Jan 09
Betta Edu was suspended yesterday and today, she is at the EFCC answering questions. People, let's face facts. Nigeria is changing for the better. I may have one or two issues with President Bola Tinubu, but I can't in good conscience turn a blind eye to his acts of good leadership. He started well and is not letting up. The major challenge this country is facing is not the government, though. It is us, the people. We are not ready to be part of the change we insist on seeing.

Take Peter Obi, for example. He has been loudest in criticising the minister's alleged financial malfeasance and attacking President Tinubu's decisions. Yet, this man received billions from Nigerians as donations for his campaign but has yet to give an account to Nigerians of how he spent their donations ten months after the election. Now, last week, we saw the man who said he does not fly private jets coming out of a private jet!

He criticises the Federal Government over any killing that occurs outside the Southeast. But if it occurs in Igboland, like the Porsche night club killings last month or the burning of Chinedu and Omama, both in Onitsha, Peter Obi becomes dead and dumb.

But let it happen in Kano, Ibadan, Sokoto, or Lagos, and the blind man receives his sight. Miracle No dey tire...!

#TableShaker
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by yusufmurry: 3:09pm On Jan 09
Nothing is going to happen las las. Cross River state cacus don wade in to the data.

Small girl with big god that knows what she wants and how to get it. Her clitocurrency no be here even right from Unical.

If you like don't take it to bank, every Nigerian is corrupt. Na who dem catch be thief.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by ogbonti: 3:10pm On Jan 09
Nice123:

It is the culture of www (wealth without work) that has eaten deep into our society - honest labor is mocked, sudden wealth without trace of genuine earnings is applauded and the people are not willing to see the goodness of ethics in anything - So how do we solve it ?

Simple

Focus on Religion (especially prosperity gospel)
Focus on Traditional Institutions

Why these 2 ? Let me be very brief

Prosperity gospel preachers have preached wealth without enterprise for too long using the “mana from heaven and tithing philosophy” to make their gullible members believe working and strategic inputs into career and business is time wasting because grace ALONE can make one wealthy - breaking protocols, using words like “A blink of divine favor is more than a lifetime of one’s labor” - these are criminal doctrines that have planted laziness and unrealistic expectations on the psyche of our people.

Everyone is praying and fasting for divine breakthrough when there are societal needs to be met and the prayer warrior is not producing any good or offering any service to meet those needs so he or she can be paid for it and then the breakthrough will come - so when such a person is made a minister like Betta Edu, she or he will see it as an answer to the prayer for divine grace - to loot the nation dry! you gerrit?

Traditional Institutions are honoring just anyone these days with Chieftaincy titles - who can pay for it, unlike the days of old when societal inputs and acts of philanthropy and morality combined are the driving principles for such honor. This scenario is most prevalent in Igbo Land and some part of Yoruba land - so when people arrive with wealth with no trace of genuine enterprise - they are honored. The north too has joined in the shenanigans- As someone who is an accused terrorist the other day was turbaned in Zamfara State.

So when a people suffer from “collective inferiority complex” and feel the only way to be be recognized by society is to bear Chief this and that, then he or she will go out of their way to embezzle funds meant for the people if given the opportunity- just to make enough to buy and sustain the title from the so called traditional rulers.

In conclusion, I make bold to say here that - The day religious and traditional institution are abolished or at least their activities heavily regulated in Nigeria - we will become a world super power in 5 years, go mark it down!!!
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Sonfethopia: 3:13pm On Jan 09
silvoclaira:
angry

Fine girl, THIEF

Please can any help me get this electricity Conlog BEC44 prepaid meter photo below, working perfect used or new condition?

This is the first set of prepaid meter that came from bedc, how much can you pay for it and why do you need this brand when you can go for other newer brands that r stronger.
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by Cantonese: 3:14pm On Jan 09
Nice123:

The worrisome part is the audaciousness. How she tried to justify transferring the stated sum into a private account and had the guts to tell the citizens that the practice is very normal. That’s the part that really troubles people like me.

The question here to ask is: was she not trained on the process of making payment by government?
Re: Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters by seunmsg(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09
naturefellow:
Seunmsg come defend yo sugar mummy

How I wish she’s my sugar mummy. I would have guided her more appropriately and she won’t be in this mess today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu: Power Must Be Grabbed, Snatched At All Cost (Video, Pics) / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.