Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) (41064 Views)

Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / “we Are Suffering,” Kano Residents Chant During VP Osinbajo’s Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2016
"Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly- endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and
determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every
thnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization".

This was the cry of the unforgettable Gem of the Delta; Ken Saro Nwiwa who Believed in Truth and Freedom Championed by Pen.
Today, a new page is about to be created in history as the cry for Environmental rehabilitation has received appropriate response.
Without fear or favour, I must Congratulate PMB for his dogged determination to clean up the Niger using Ogoni as a gateway. A lot flows in the forest of my thought but I'll try to hold my pen still at this point.

Live updates of the event will be coming in shortly.

But I can guarantee its going to be a swell time in Ogoni today

Launch showing on Channels Tv
http://www.channelstv.com/live/

File: Osinbajo Visits Rivers State, Sep 13, 2015

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3790053_img20160602wa0003_jpeg72367df99c2d30ebd6d1b1ee728a6327

5 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Ebbunwa(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2016
please who is representing him, I heard he won't be there in person

meanwhile I'm ftc, where is the award?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Flexherbal(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2016
In another thread, I heard he has cancelled the trip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 9:54am On Jun 02, 2016
I saw that too but to the best of my knowledge there's no official news release on that. However, the interest of Ogoni people is the flag off of the implementation irrespective of who comes, although it would generate maximum excitement in the land if the President can appear there in person.
Live update reaching me is that all cultural groups in Ogoni are already set at the venue of the event ready to give Mr. President a rousing one-in-a-lifetime welcome.
The stage is set,
Hopes are high,
The place is heavily secured.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by gare(f): 10:00am On Jun 02, 2016
rotybarry:
"Appalled by the
denigrating poverty of my
people who live on a richly-
endowed land, distressed by
their political marginalization and economic
strangulation,
angered by the devastation
of their land, their
ultimate heritage, anxious to
preserve their right to life
and to a decent living, and
determined to usher to this
country as a whole a fair and
just democratic system which
protects everyone and every
ethnic group and gives us all a
valid claim to human
civilization".
This was the cry of the unforgettable Gem of the Delta; Ken Saro Nwiwa who Believed in Truth and Freedom Championed by Pen.
Today, a new page is about to be created in history as the cry for Environmental rehabilitation has received appropriate response.
Without fear or favour, I must Congratulate PMB for his dogged determination to clean up the Niger using Ogoni as a gateway. A lot flows in the forest of my thought but I'll try to hold my pen still at this point.
Live updates of the event will be coming in shortly.
But I can guarantee its going to be a swell time in Ogoni today

Abe if you like clean the whole ogoni land yourself, you still will not win any election in Ogoni land , traitor.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 10:06am On Jun 02, 2016
On the News now, The Executive Governor of Rivers State, The Deputy Governor, The Chairman Ogoni Council of Traditional Rulers and other dignitaries are already at the Portharcourt International Airport awaiting the President's arrival.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2016
Meanwhile the immediate past governor of the State and Minister for Transport (Rotimi Amaechi) and Minister for Information (Lai Muhammed) are already at the venue of the event ready to receive the President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by fiizznation: 10:12am On Jun 02, 2016
This is a nice move by this administration. Cleaning up that land will give the people of ogoni and rivers state some sense of belonging. I wish the President a safe journey{going and fro}

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by rotybarry: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2016
live pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by fiizznation: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2016
The former governor and the present governor of rivers state will be left with no choice than to work together, even if it just for today

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by brownlord: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2016
So the brave soldier who ended 2nd world war and promised to lead the fight against boko haram from the front chicken out of yet another visit just because of a mere threat by a ragtag militant group?

This our president, e be like na only for talk and kill defenseless citizen him for be general.

Ordinary to even name corrupt politicians fear no even let em name them.

What a pity

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Dollyak(f): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2016
What's more important is for the land to be cleaned up. It's a big shame everyone has politicized the whole thing despite the best of intentions from this administration regarding the clean up.

Everyone should take a step back and be objective for once.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Originality007: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
grin omolomo la n ran ni se de toru toru...

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Apelex(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Government of deception

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Endougs(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Booked
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Texcoco(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Osibande has turned to abobaku.....Yeah, folks might say this exercise might is publicity scam atypical of all things APC...but you wont begrudge NDA the respect of scaring away a sitting president albeit one with a supposedly tough reputation from visiting a part of his territory?...If President is not safe here, is it the Army,Police or DSS that is safe? Let us forget about our pipelines for one minute..This scenario has unarguably cemented the reputation of NDA and IPOB.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by MadCow1: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Welcome to Pitakwa Mr. Vice President..

Rivers State, Rich land flowing with Milk and Honey.. grin

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by demarc001: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Vp visit not president again, na wa

This shows how much buhari is joking with the issues of Nigeria. So he can take it serious and compromise when they threaten his life but when the same people threaten the Nation's Economy he boast they can do nothing the arrmy can protect the facilities, is the same army on leave now to protect his life?

8 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Joel3(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2016
....signs the northerners don't care about Niger Deltas. they are only interested in the oil. the dullard didn't show up as usual.
the only President that can be predicted. everyone can predict buhari steps. a tribalistic begot, who don't find other ethnic groups and region important and with a rulership mentality. well we are waiting for the planned revolution from NDA by October. people should start looking exit because it's going to be too bloody.

that is how the northerners killed saro wiwa.

Kenule "Ken" Beeson Saro Wiwa (10 October 1941 – 10 November 1995) was a Nigerian writer, television
producer, environmental activist, and winner of the Right Livelihood Award and the Goldman Environmental Prize.

Saro-Wiwa was a member of the Ogoni people, an ethnic minority in Nigeria whose homeland, Ogoniland , in the Niger Delta has been targeted for crude oil extraction since the 1950s and which has suffered extreme environmental damage from decades of indiscriminate petroleum waste dumping. Initially as spokesperson, and then as president, of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), Saro-Wiwa led a nonviolent campaign against environmental degradation of the land and waters of Ogoniland by the operations of the multinational petroleum industry, especially the Royal Dutch Shell company. He was also an outspoken critic of the Nigerian government , which he viewed as reluctant to enforce environmental regulations on the foreign petroleum companies operating in the area.

At the peak of his non-violent campaign, he was tried by a special military tribunal for allegedly masterminding the gruesome murder of Ogoni chiefs at a pro-government meeting, and hanged in 1995 by the military dictatorship of General Sani Abacha. His execution provoked international outrage and resulted in Nigeria's suspension from the Commonwealth of Nations for over three years.

read full biography and Activism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Saro-Wiwa

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Launch showing on Channels Tv
http://www.channelstv.com/live/

Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, Yobo and Miss Nigeria have spoken
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by PapaBaby: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
This is slave mentality, is Buhari's life worth more than Osibanjo's life?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by gift01: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
gift01:
Your Fear Infection master ran away. What a blow to the GCFR

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Pangea: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
angry
I hate to say this!
This government is always putting the cart before horse!
Is this the best time to start clean up when the militants are busy bursting pipelines?

Why not fix the militants issue first?

Unless this cleanup is just a window dressing or a political move, I see no reason why they should start this at this junction in time.
It does not make sense!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
In another thread, I heard he has cancelled the trip.
He cancelled the trip, in the sense that he was the guest and not osibanjo.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by TippyTop(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Mere Commissioner have suffered, chai!
grin grin
Buhari's life is worth more than 50 Osibanjos.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by tbaba1234: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
A prof and a former president of Massop speaking
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
smiley good news for ogoni people

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
Govt of talk no do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up: VP Osinbajo's Visit (Live Updates) by Yungstev007(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
Welcome development

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full List Of The Members-Elect Of The House Of Reps / Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters / Governor Ben Ayade Rushes Home To Avoid Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.