Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign (1949 Views)

Anti-Corruption: Sack Beta Edu, Tunji-Ojo Now – Ohanaeze Youths To Tinubu / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy / Lawan Should Resign As Senate Majority Leader, If He Doesn't Understand His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 4:00pm On Jan 09
Tunji-Ojo should resign just as Barth Nnaji resigned as minister of power in 2012, in the case of Nnaji he didn't even siphoned money from the ministry's account like over N423m was paid to Tunji-Ojo company but it was only discovered that he had a relationship with Geometric Electric Limited, one of the companies that hidden for Afam and Enugu Generation Company at the time.

Barth had resigned from the company long before he became minister, but he was still forced to resign as that's the honorable thing to do.

New Planet Projects Limited has just two major shareholders, Olabunmi and his wife and he is the majority shareholder there the owner of the said company.

New Planet Projects Limited wouldn't have gotten such N423m consultancy contract with his involvement.

Therefore the honorable thing to do is for Tunji-Ojo to resign his position as the ministry of interior.

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by ivolt: 4:05pm On Jan 09
uniquetechng:
Tunji-Ojo should resign just as Barth Nnaji resigned as minister of power in 2012, in the case of Nnaji he didn't even siphoned money from the ministry's account like over N423m was paid to Tunji-Ojo company but it was only discovered that he had a relationship with Geometric Electric Limited, one of the companies that hidden for Afam and Enugu Generation Company at the time.

Barth had resigned from the company long before he became minister, but he was still forced to resign as that's the honorable thing to do.

New Planet Projects Limited has just two major shareholders, Olabunmi and his wife and he is the majority shareholder there the owner of the said company.

New Planet Projects Limited wouldn't have gotten such N423m consultancy contract with his involvement.

Therefore the honorable thing to do is for Tunji-Ojo to resign his position as the ministry of interior.
What a dumb post.
Barth Nnaji awarded contract to his own company and chose to resign.
Therefore, Tunji Ojo should resign because his company won a contract in ministry he has nothing to do with.
What a logic!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 4:28pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

What a dumb post.
Therefore, Tunji Ojo should resign because his company won a contract in ministry he has nothing to do with.
What a logic!
Kid how old were you in 2012 ?
Do you know what conflict of interest stands for in civil rule ?
Who owns New Planet Projects ?

10 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 4:35pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

What a dumb post.
What a logic!
Geometric Power was one of the companies shortlisted to bid, he didn't award any contract to his company as the bidding process was cancelled.

He had also resigned his position in the company before becoming a minister, do point out the difference between the two scenarios, I am waiting.

5 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by ivolt: 4:47pm On Jan 09
uniquetechng:
Geometric Power was one of the companies shortlisted to bid, he didn't award any contract to his company has the bidding process was cancelled.

He had also resigned his position in the company before becoming a minister, do point out the difference between the two scenarios, I am waiting.
I will asume you are not joking equating the 2 scenario.
It doesn't matter whether Barth resigned or not.
He still held a stake in the company and his ministry was dealing with the company.
More importantly, he resigned because he thinks he did something wrong.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by 9jatriot(m): 5:07pm On Jan 09
One of the mistakes GEJ made was to allow Barth Nnaji resign. He could have removed Stela Oduah a lot earlier but she pursued him to Israel to go and beg then.

But removing Nnaji who was the minister of power and was one of the most performing ministers was a big mistake. He should have protected him. Tunji Ojo also should be protected, at least for now.

uniquetechng:

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by EmeeNaka: 5:09pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

He still held a stake in the company and his ministry was dealing with the company.
Barth didn't resign because he think he did something wrong. He actually defended his action in several media briefings. He was however forced to resign as an honorable way to exit his office to avoid being fired as the situation was tensed and the government was struggling to redeem its image.
In fairness, Tunji Ojo didn't committ any crime. His company can bid and get contract if due process was followed and it met the criteria.

3 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 5:16pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

Has New Planet Projects executed a contract worth N423m with any ministry before ?, the answer is NO. So who do you think lobbied for this ? Bunmi of course.
Who owns the company ? Bunmi of course.
Who is the majority shareholder of the company ? Bunmi of course.

6 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by sonature1: 5:19pm On Jan 09
Oga, stop making a needless argument.

That man is doing the lord's work.

He's not going anywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 5:21pm On Jan 09
EmeeNaka:

Barth didn't resign because he think he did something wrong. He actually defended his action in several media briefings. He was however forced to resign as an honorable way to exit his office to avoid being fired as the situation was tensed and the government was struggling to redeem its image.
In fairness, Tunji Ojo didn't committ any crime. His company can bid and get contract if due process was followed and it met the criteria.
His company cannot get a contract from any ministry as a serving civil servants, that's conflict of interest.
Tunji-Ojo is the owner of New Planet Project.
It was discovered that Barth had a link with Geometric Power which was one of the company shortlisted for bidding of the two power plants, not that money was found in his company's account.
Barth also resigned his position in the company long before becoming a minister.

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 5:22pm On Jan 09
sonature1:

That man is doing the a lord's work.

He's not going anywhere.
The same way Nnaji was doing excellently well in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by DMerciful(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09
You know his involvement gave his company, a consultancy company the contract. What you're doing now is support your corruption while you hate other people's corruption
ivolt:

What a dumb post.
What a logic!

4 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by DMerciful(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09
Tunji-Ojo, though performing, did a corrupt act. You guys are not serious in fighting corruption
9jatriot:
One of the mistakes GEJ made was to allow Barth Nnaji resign. He could have removed Stela Oduah a lot earlier but she pursued him to Israel to go and beg then.

But removing Nnaji who was the minister of power and was one of the most performing ministers was a big mistake. He should have protected him. Tunji Ojo also should be protected, at least for now.

3 Likes

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by NoGreeForAnyhod: 5:49pm On Jan 09
uniquetechng:

You go Explain Tire, because No Evidence.

Tunji-Ojo is going nowhere

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by kingjoe(m): 6:18pm On Jan 09
The truth is that non of them will be sacked.betta will be redeployed.
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 6:32pm On Jan 09
kingjoe:
The truth is that non of them will be sacked.betta will be redeployed.
That's just the truth my brother, the suspension is just to save face.

1 Like

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Bobloco: 6:47pm On Jan 09
sonature1:

That man is doing the lord's work.

He's not going anywhere.

Even if he commits a crime
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 9:21am On Jan 10
NoGreeForAnyhod:

You go Explain Tire, because No Evidence.

Cure your ignorance

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Okoroawusa: 9:24am On Jan 10

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Jlow2: 9:30am On Jan 10
Okoroawusa:
because he is Yoruba but betta chimaobi edu is Igbo and can be sacked
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Odogwuzack: 9:33am On Jan 10
uniquetechng:
Kid how old were you in 2012 ?
Do you know what conflict of interest stands for in civil rule ?
Who owns New Planet Projects ?

Lol but you guys know it's a crime but you still worship Obi as your Messiah? grin

https://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 10:55am On Jan 10
Odogwuzack:

Lol but you guys know it's a crime but you still worship Obi as your Messiah? grin

https://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares
Can you point to where I have ever worshipped Obi ? Is Obi feeding my kids or paying their school fees ?
We're discussing issues of National importance you're here talking trash like the kid you're.
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by TopBanter: 11:27am On Jan 10
uniquetechng:

Please stop the redundant whataboutism. The situation with Barth Nnaji was very different to that facing the Minister of Interior today.

If a well-meaning Nigerian, wishing progress for our nation, you will wait for the conclusion of investigation and hope Tunji-Ojo is cleared to return to work authoritatively as he is simply the superstar minister in Tinubu's current cabinet.

The difference between Tunji-Ojo and his predecessor, Aregbesola, is a stunning depiction of how leadership efficacy can transform Nigeria and how the lack of such can cripple our nation.

I don't do praise worship of any leader but I deliberately shunned paying 'express’ fees to test the hype about Tunji-Ojo.

I can say passport application and collection has never been so efficient and corruption-free in my experience of renewing my passport. I filled out the form online, paid online and visited Ikoyi passport office for fingerprint and picture biometric verification. Ikoyi, was a revelation. Professional, helpful and diligent service everywhere from a usually corrupt and shameless lot.

To say I was impressed is a big understatement. More like shocked totally beyond belief. The dude is a game changer I know the immigration bosses will hate immensely because their extra 'food' ,running into many millions per boss, is now almost nil.

While I agree no one is above the law, I think any decent Nigeria would implore that a thorough investigation be done and then conclusions drawn after the announcement of the result of said investigation.

Only a sadist or a bigot keen to support anything that will make the Tinubu government fail, even if that is to his own personal detriment, will speak as unfairly and as presumptuously wicked as you do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by JagabanB: 11:37am On Jan 10
You all prefer the IackadaisicaI attitude of immigration from few months ago to what it is now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by TopBanter: 11:54am On Jan 10
JagabanB:
You all prefer the IackadaisicaI attitude of immigration from few months ago to what it is now?

Indeed. Yet the reality is that many Nigerians are too far gone in hatred of others to ever defer to their own personal need for progress that can only be gained from a working Nigeria.

Their hateful souls, damaged beyond redemptions, will always direct them to cut their nose to spite their face.

I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation but will only warn that if Tunji-Ojo is indicted and removed then Tinubu better replace him with someone as good or better. The stride the man has made has been immense and has left me, a cynic, speechless because of personal and verified experience encountered when I renewed my Nigerian passport recently.

It is the same Ministry Aregbesola used to dance skelewu for 8 years that Tunji-Ojo has reformed to become one of the most efficient and productive in effectively three months since taking charge. I hope Tunji-Ojo is cleared to go back to work and even press necks of enemies of Nigeria much harder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by JagabanB: 12:03pm On Jan 10
TopBanter:

Indeed. Yet the reality is that many Nigerians are too far gone in hatred of others to ever defer to their own personal need for progress that can only be gained from a working Nigeria.

Their hateful souls, damaged beyond redemptions, will always direct them to cut their nose to spite their face.

I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation but will only warn that if Tunji-Ojo is indicted and removed then Tinubu better replace him with someone as good or better. The stride the man has made has been immense and has left me, a cynic, speechless because of personal and verified experience encountered when I renewed my Nigerian passport recently.

It is the same Ministry Aregbesola used to dance skelewu for 8 years that Tunji-Ojo has reformed to become one of the most efficient and productive in effectively three months since taking charge. I hope Tunji-Ojo is cleared to go back to work and even press necks of enemies of Nigeria much harder.
The reason the society is down is because cabaIs in different fieIds wiII rise agaîñst someone cutting their daiIy bread and people will support them because of sèntiments.
If this man leaves office, passports will return to status quo in a matter of days not even weeks and people wiII lament, nobody is a saint I'm politics, saints dón't build society to greatness, the will to build that society is what matters, this man has the will.
To think that people will chose poIitics over growth and same peopIe wiII come to Iamèñt that people vote candidates because of trîbè and reIigión is funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by SeeWahala: 12:19pm On Jan 10
They should not only resign . . . They should be incarcerated in kirikiri maximum. angry

Kuje is too small for them.
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Godfullsam(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10
uniquetechng:
The same way Nnaji was doing excellently well in the power sector.

Wait o !
Nnaji's company was shortlisted for a project in a ministry where Nnaji was the minister while Bunmi's company was awarded contract in a ministry where is not the minister.

How do you equate both?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Splashme: 12:52pm On Jan 10
Gbam
Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Iziquiel(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10
DMerciful:
You know his involvement gave his company, a consultancy company the contract. What you're doing now is support your corruption while you hate other people's corruption

Your Messiah did worse as Governor of Anambra State yet you supported him to be President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Make we continue dey deceive ourselves for this country. Hypocrites everywhere!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by Iziquiel(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10
uniquetechng:
Can you point to where I have ever worshipped Obi ? Is Obi feeding my kids or paying their school fees ?
We're discussing issues of National importance you're here talking trash like the kid you're.
Maybe the person you quoted used the wrong words but did you support Obi to be President during the last elections or not, knowing fully well he did worse than what Tunji Ojo is alleged to have to have done?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betta Edu: Tunji Ojo Should Resign by uniquetechng: 1:14pm On Jan 10
Godfullsam:

Wait o !
Nnaji's company was shortlisted for a project in a ministry where Nnaji was the minister while Bunmi's company was awarded contract in a ministry where is not the minister.

How do you equate both?
In civil rule both point at one thing, CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladoja, Others Refunded N500m Oyo Funds – Efcc / Nigeria 2011 Join :-- Operation‘stop Ibrahim Babangida / Buhari Replies Jonathan, Explains ‘53 Suitcases’ Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.