Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? (22546 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / Mike Adenuga: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by airmark(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2011
The media houses in Nigeria would not support these old men. They are even more corrupt than the other arms. Where the executive, legislature and judiciary failed, is n't it appropriate for media to come to the rescue? The media houses in Nigeria are not helping the country.
Imagine a nairalander also boldly said he bribed them:

saibuhari:

IWhat did it cost me, brown envelope of N4000 for each journalist to defray transportation cost aside from food and drink served at the event.

So, the pensioners should go out in their lots to adenuga's office as advised by rimms. Don't rely on media again. You can use online blogs, facebook, twitter to get heard before the march.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by sylve11: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2011
i pity these old men alot. . .if this true then adenuga is a malu!

Old men pls fight 4 ur right, my prayers shall be u. sad cool
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2011
Why did we allow Adenuga gained contol of our fund? When Mike Adenuga gained control of national oil in 2000, he brought a type of leadership unkown and only suitable for a one man company. He would want to sack people based on rumour and sometimes for disliking your face. The two unions told him no. For this he gave the whole staff option to opt out. More than 95% of the staff took his offer. This include all the pension administrators. The pension fund was a different entity from National oil. A management staff heads the fund. When Adenuga saw this money (about N2B), he converted it to his use. He stopped the yearly 12% increase in 2000 which is why more than 75% of pensioner are on less than N7000 per month. We took him to court to hands off our fund. He said lets settle. The court appointed a senior judge to hand it. We reached an agreement 30 months after. Adenuga's lawyer and rep signed yet the man refused to append his signature. (still typing on my chinco phone) This money is not his own hence our decision to picket him. If my colleague had listen we would have settled this issue long time ago. The only language Adenuga reacts to quicly is confrontation. He did not want to pay the 25% salary increase approved by all the marketers until we went on protest when Iwas still in service. When he brought his police, we confronted them. We are no cowards. Let the police dare shoot on old man and the man will see hell.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by rimms(m): 2:17am On Nov 07, 2011
It is also sad that this is nothing but a chicken change to this man. But he is so used to old ways, his ways, illegal ways, uncivilized ways, unstructured ways and wicked ways.
My advise to pensioners is not to ever try to fight a clean battle or a legal battle. Adenuga doesn't believe in anything legal, he will use his money to win. If you want a fruitful outcome you must hit him in the nose. Go all out, go for a dirty fight. This is the only language he understands.
Just take my advise and see how he disappears with the wind.
He will leave the country and leave a message for your money to be released.
But you must come correct, make noise, don't give up, makesure your signs send messages to the world. Just make sure these old men show up with their mats to sit Right in-front of the building. Advise the Muslims among the pensioners not to miss their prayer time when the time comes. Ask them to just take a time out to pray during prayer time right infront of his building and then resume with the protesting process.
I guarantee you that the end result will be favourable. Adenuga has no real body on his side, all he has are sycophant groupie who are only tolerating intolerance because of their big pay cheques, these people only care about their pay cheques and free glo credits.
Even his children and other close family members are also mostly not on his side. He is alone, but you have everybody on your side, go and get what belongs to you.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by daphil: 7:26am On Nov 07, 2011
If this is the way Mike Adenuga succeeded in accumulating his wealth i.e through a dubious means, then it is a matter of time before it develops wings. It may not even last for him to hand it over to his children. Truly, 'isale oro legbin.' 'Asiwere eniyan nko oro jo, ko si mo eni ti yio naa'. I have no respect for such people.

Please can we get volunteers please who will make sure the protest is well coordinated and succeeds, these old men are heard and they get what belongs to them. Considering their frail bodies and strength.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by daphil: 7:40am On Nov 07, 2011
Sincerely, I feel for these old men. I try to put myself or my old man in their shoes. This is an injustice. Injury for one is an injury for all. If these useless and ridiculous entities are not treated some lessons, who tells you that it won't be my turn, yours or somebody close to you tomorrow.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by daphil: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2011
He, who enjoys pleasure in watching a man riding on a tiger will one day express his displeasure in finding that same man in the belly of the tiger.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by legedzBENZ(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2011
@Aroleolu and @Oluti, please leave me emails on here, where i can contact u guys. Let us try and popularise ur story too. I dont want to leave my email address so we dont end up contacting the wrong persons. Thanks
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by daphil: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2011
@ AroleOlu and Oluti,
You have to be very security conscious of who you meet with before the d-day. The goat may try to silence you guys before that date. Please be careful who you meet or contact or exchange contact with. I will advise that you remain faceless before the day.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by thameamead(f): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2011
hmmmm
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by 2dmax(m): 11:46am On Nov 07, 2011
met mike @ d then cbn guvnor official residence in '08. Such an amiable facade.
Greeted every1 in the receiving area with the customary yoruba's bow. Thot well of him, then.
But reading all this, was happy i didnt gv him my card as every1 was jostling for dat day.
@ poster, i will be lighting candles (cele style) till he coughs up dat whole sum. D infinite God will see to it you succeed.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by delpee(f): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
sad Sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. God will surely give you victory.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2011
legedzBENZE, our e-mail ad dress are:ajibola4oluti@gmail.com& aroleolu@gmail.com. Aroleolu turns out to be a friend using a pseudo name because he is scared. I am oluti. I am not afraid but I not stupid either. That is why I am presently staying with a friend in Ibadan until this thing is over.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Adsom(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Aroleare and co. I really sympathise with you, especially if your story is exactly how u have said it. I am a journalist. Please I need your contact. My phone number is 07030280887. Please reach me as soon as possible, I'm willing to assist.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Adsom(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
Bernkmoore, we accepted his offer because some those who initiated the action at the Lagos high court are dead. To NET, like I said go to the Lagos high court and confirm or go to conoil. If not, go to Eagle club Adeniran ogunsanya and ask for the MD Mr. Pearce. He is also a pensioner. The club is a high profile club of which the governor is a member. If we had refused Adenuga`s offer he may decide to let the case drag on indefinitely and age is not on our side. Stagger, thanks people like the poster are all over the place. That is why`everything dey scatter' Adenuga is already aware of our intension. He is already using some of us to frustrate it. Even the senior judge in charge of our case is frustrated. She has written many letters to Adenuga which he has ignored. But for security reason, I would have love nothing more than upload one of those letters.

Mr Oluti, I'm a journalist. I need to work with you. Pls, let me have your contact.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by legedzBENZ(m): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
Thanx "Oluti, i have sent you guys an email at the address you provided. Let me know
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by doctokwus: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2011
D storms are gathering.From my post earlier,I am a cynical pson by nature partcularly when it concerns anything nigerian;its an unfortunate fact of life,but d truth is that d average nigerian comes to u frm d standpoint of wanting to 'use ur head',i.e,wants to tke advantage of u & most often he does that by spinning a tale of lies.That is d basis of my cynicism,I av thus reached d point of taking all tales wt that doubting thomas mindset& it has paid me gud.
@Oluti,if all u av posted about Adenuga is true,I can only wish u& ur fellow elder citizens d best& may ur efforts not b in vain;but if u av added sth to d mix to garner sympathy,u end up further jeoparding d chance of s/body who may come wt a genuine need for support based on a tale of discrimination,fraud& being taken advantage of.
God speed to u all if ur side of d story is fully how it sounds
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 3:04am On Nov 08, 2011
doctokwus, come 14th many of us would be arrested as we gathered from news coming from Adenuga's camp.You believe we embelished our story, contact the oyo state governor to confirm if you are a journalist. He confirm our story is 100% true. He is one of us. Unless something happen between now and monday, by tuesday the news will be all over Nigeria.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by rimms(m): 5:13am On Nov 08, 2011
Oluti: the more people you get the better it will be. You are not protesting against federal or state government, this is a protest against a private sector, Adenuga is rich, but I doubt it if he is able to get up to 100 police men. It will not happen, Nigeria is not the same anymore.
Just make sure you guys are many in number. If you can get more than 500 people at the same time, you will be in good shape.
Adenuga knows how to pick and chose a fight. This is not a good fight, it is just too risky for him to allow this protest to take place. I think he will settle by the end of this week.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by abiamahart: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2011
@Oluti
Since you have confirmed Monday the 14th of November the Picketing day. You can as well let us know the final destination not your gathering point. I am on vacation and will come with a solidarity placard, mat and one carton of water including light snacks to share.

Please how much does it cost to print on white polo shirts?

Outside the social network forums i hope you find the following contacts I dug up useful:

1. STV AM NEWS LAGOS - 017418970

2. RAYPOWER FM LAGOS - 07025857826

3. NIGERIA INFO FM LAGOS - 012771993

4. METRO FM - 018418782/070320242271

5. TV CONTINENTAL - 014393146

6. PUNCH NEWSPAPERS - 08033260977/017935617

7. COOL FM - 012713969

MORE CONTRIBUTIONS TO ASSIST THESE ELDERS. HOW DO WE GET THIS AGAIN TO THE TOP PAGE?
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
We thank all those nairalanders who believed in us. Most especially abiankahart for his offer to join us and those telephone numbers. The meeting point is Adenuga tower 18 Oko awo close V/I. Adsom the journalist should join us @ the Eagle club Adeniran Ogunsanya by 12noon on thursday when we shall put finishing tourches to our plan. Other invited journalists would be there too. On sunday, the coy sec of conoil text our chairman to congratulate him that the board finally approved payment of our money saturday night. Despite this, I told our chairman we are not going to back out until we see the signed paper. If by thursday they show us that we may shelve our plan. I'll keep my good people of nairaland posted.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by oderemo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Y dont u guy xtend this protest and ask ppl to stop partronising conoil. That will surely hurt.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by rimms(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2011
We thank all those nairalanders who believed in us. Most especially abiankahart for his offer to join us and those telephone numbers. The meeting point is Adenuga tower 18 Oko awo close V/I. Adsom the journalist should join us @  the Eagle club Adeniran Ogunsanya by 12noon on thursday when we shall put finishing tourches to our plan. Other invited journalists would be there too. On sunday, the coy sec of conoil text our chairman to congratulate him that the board finally approved payment of our money saturday night. Despite this, I told our chairman we are not going to back out until we see the signed paper. If by thursday they show us that we may shelve our plan. I'll keep my good people of nairaland posted.

As predicted, Adenuga settles.
This is a man that knows how to pick and chose his fights. He may be heartless, but not stuupid enough not to know when to throw in the towel. Your money will be released by the end of this week and Adenuga will leave the country by Sunday to cool off. But i must advise you to makesure that you see your money before you call off the protest. Adenuga is known to play games with people's life.

We should all use this as an example: when you come together as 1, anything is feasible. There is nothing else that will make me happy than to see all Nigerians to come together as 1 and use unity among themselves to challenge leaders and other corrupt politicians. Things are changing in this country and will continue to change for greatness, it is no longer about your bank account, but all about your integrity in everything that you. Please let us stay together to get this country back to where it should be. 1 people 1 Nigeria!!!
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by lucabrasi(m): 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2011
2dmax:

met mike @ d then cbn guvnor official residence in '08. Such an amiable facade.
Greeted every1 in the receiving area with the customary yoruba's bow. Thot well of him, then.
[b]But reading all this, was happy i didnt gv him my card as every1 was jostling for dat day.[/b]
@ poster, i will be lighting candles (cele style) till he coughs up dat whole sum. D infinite God will see to it you succeed.
lol @bolded
I'm sure mike adenoma will regret it for the rest of his life that he didn't get your business card

rimms:

We should all use this as an example: when you come together as 1, anything is feasible. There is nothing else that will make me happy than to see all Nigerians to come together as 1 and use unity among themselves to challenge leaders and other corrupt politicians. Things are changing in this country and will continue to change for greatness, it is no longer about your bank account, but all about your integrity in everything that you. Please let us stay together to get this country back to where it should be. 1 people 1 Nigeria!!!
that ll be the day,when self centerdness,tribalism,cowardice,back biting e.t.c is out of the equation
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Sagaman: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2011
This is an example of th useless Naija mentality I was talking about:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-797725.32.html#msg9513092
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by rimms(m): 11:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
It has been a couple of days now and we haven't heard anything from Mr. Oluti. I heard Adenuga's team heard about the news being spread all over the net and he's willing to settle and move forward.
My comment will be kept to myself for 3 to 4 more days. Let's see if Mr. Oluti shows up.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
It is true Adenuga and his team didnt like what is happening on the net. I was waiting to have something to report before l come back. Here is it: We met at eagle club s/l yesterday with some journalist in attendance thanks to nairaland and the others. Initially the agreement was to be finalised in court next week but because of the picketing, they moved it to today. Some minutes ago I was told that some clauses were not agreeable with us so our people protested and they shifted it to it to friday. I dont trust Adenuga and his people so I have told our people to come to the court and prepare for action if they fail. I dont want to believe Adenuga and his people are stalling for time, if they are, they are playing with fire. Iwill post the latest development into pointblank new, saharareporters, facebook and the other places. I have other issue that has to do with the sharing formula that I will seek advice from good people of nairaland after the signing.
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by Oluti(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2011
rimms, that is just it in a nutshell. I'll keep this trend going to keep you posted on development as events unfold. Personally, I would have love the picketing to take place on Monday because I heard they would not let our busses enter V/I but we have already devised means of beating that. It would have been beautiful and maybe urgly because others others that are not pensioners will join us. The attendant confrontation with the police would have terrible publicity for the Otunba
Re: Otunba Mike Adenuga: The Heartless Tyrant? by doctokwus: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
I forsee a twist in the tale.Kp us posted;its good to know how this pans out,it cud serve as a model(for gud or bad) for oda such issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Childrens Cloths In Wholesale / EU Reports Nigeria To World Trade Organisation Over Dairy Restrictions / Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.