Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,966 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals (15682 Views)

Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike / Kuje Prison: DSS Repeatedly Warned Security Agencies Of Bomb Attack / UK Pulls Down IPOB Asylum Policy, To Review It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Tareq1105: 10:14am On Jan 15
Manny21:
I may not like this man, but I can tell you he is right to a very large extent. Why are kidnappers still using phone to demand for and collect ransom and nobody is able to track the users in spite of billions of naira committed into setting up the NN-SIM identification system

How many kidnappers were tracked with the NN-SIM when he was minister?

Boko Haram apologist.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by FireUpNow(m): 10:15am On Jan 15
Police are the worst. They will always say there is nothing th y can do or ask the complainant to pay heavily for them to do their job.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Lordburna2(m): 10:16am On Jan 15
This terrorist sympathizer that that chbanged immediately he tasted 🤑💰 money. Fucking hypocrites.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Staywithbina: 10:17am On Jan 15
kalemy:
They also use their victims bank accounts to receive ransom payments abi?
When I was kidnapped ,.the accounts the lines where not even connected to the kidnappers,the lines used were mine ,the account used were POs and belonged to people that don’t know what’s going on ,now the only problem we have is that ,when you go
To station to report they will charge you for everything,I can tell you that so many of victims of crime no longer go to report at stations cos it’s not worth the stress,I tried it and I quit ,from report ,you will start paying and paying
For this and paying for that ,to track number,you pay for this and that ,the police force don’t really care to do anything aside there own pockets but still yet I will say it’s not all the police men are like that but this is the case

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Honestey: 10:21am On Jan 15
A society like Nigeria can't avoid kidnapping and other vices because I don't know about others o, as far as I'm concern only those who stole goats, fowls and maybe less than 100K get to stay behind bars or imprisoned for years, but once the news says Mr X stole millions, billions or killed person or kidnapped people e.g Evans and the it gets to court, then the case closes as soon as the media stopped talking about it, only to later hear the next few months that the criminal has been freed or never even lose his assets for stealing any amount from public fund. This is pathetic
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Ijaya123: 10:22am On Jan 15
TimeManager:
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!

And what happens to tracking the location of the calls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by blaise26abj(m): 10:22am On Jan 15
Manny21:
I may not like this man, but I can tell you he is right to a very large extent. Why are kidnappers still using phone to demand for and collect ransom and nobody is able to track the users in spite of billions of naira committed into setting up the NN-SIM identification system

The people they kidnapped have phones. That is what they use . Actually the security agencies KNOW where they are ! But they can’t go because of lack of political will .
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Sleekfingers: 10:23am On Jan 15
Theweekend:
then why did he introduce it to the system if he knows it not going to work that way

The inspector general of police is in the best position to answer that question. Patami has done his job.
The tracking of those criminals is the primary responsibility of the police.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:24am On Jan 15
udemzyudex:

If they can make calls then they can be track, though according to what I've read, they tend to move from one location to another making it difficult to pin point the exact location they could be.
The problem is bigger than we imagine

It is been alleged that security agencies are involved in this dastardly act in collaboration with this heartless criminals.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by AbuAeesha: 10:27am On Jan 15
Brendaniel:
Why didn't he use it in his time as minister?
\
he is/was not a security officer.
he brought the initiative but security personnels did not utilize/implement the initiative.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 10:29am On Jan 15
AbuAeesha:
\
he is/was not a security officer.
he brought the initiative but security personnels did not utilize/implement the initiative.

So why did he bring it in the first place if he was not sure that they will use it in the first place?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by MadamExcellency: 10:34am On Jan 15
TimeManager:
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!

And the location can't be tracked? Keep
deceiving yourself.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by AbuAeesha: 10:34am On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

So why did he bring it in the first place if he was not sure that they will use it in the first place?

it did his part as a minister to bring the development,
it is left to the executive arm of govt to enforce the development & security personnel to implement it.
it is very clear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Babaibeji2020(m): 10:39am On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!
Geo-location tracking of the victim's phone used in demanding ransom is still an option nah.........

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by aywagze(m): 10:40am On Jan 15
Did you give them the technology to track too ..mumu man ..they need "strong institutions" that can gather intelligence for security ..not those bribe seeking morons that doesnt think twice the consequences of their every actions ..🤔
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 10:42am On Jan 15
AbuAeesha:

it did his part as a minister to bring the development,
it is left to the executive arm of govt to enforce the development & security personnel to implement it.
it is very clear.

So you are trying to say that he suffered Nigerians for what he was not sure they were going to use, is that a quality of good leadership?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Bluntemperor: 10:46am On Jan 15
EreluRoz:
He tried his best, he was one of the best ministers

Nonsense talk!
Or are you the Marketing manager for him, even during his bigots tenureship?
This man Patami is trying to be relevant today,but nothing changed in Security Contributions during his time in Govt with Bubu!
He should come and show us,how his Operations faired,with the NIMS,etc!
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by theamazonguru(m): 10:47am On Jan 15
TimeManager:
-kiss the truth!

Exactly what we are saying.
Provided there is a SIM they are using to make the calls, then they are trackable.

Imagine Kidnapping Tunde and using Tunde's line to make calls for ransome.

Provided they can swing into action ASAP, they can locate and grab whoever is making the call. Even if he is thousand of miles away from where his gang and kidnapped victims are.

Once he is grabbed he will lead them to the victims and the gang.

Except I am missing out something in my line of thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by easzypeaszy(m): 10:47am On Jan 15
EreluRoz:
we hear u
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by SoNature(m): 10:53am On Jan 15
Akwamkpuruamu:

And those ones can't be tracked with Google earth?

The Nigerian police can track people's location, but it comes at a cost and their willingness to do it.

They understand that their job is risky too. If they feel that the operation isn't worth it, they will frustrate you.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Benekkk: 10:54am On Jan 15
Resetinc:
Which security agencies??
Kidnapping is an organized crime and most times involves the partnership of the so called security agencies. Have you wondered why there’s always a checkpoint few kilometers from every kidnapping scene ??

Someone asked in the other thread what kidnappers will do with 60m ?
10% to the armed bandits in the bush
10% to the checkpoint guys
10% to the informant who provided victims info & movement timeline
The rest 70% is shared between the Ogas of the checkpoint guys and the Ogas of the armed bandits ..
The problem is not NIN or SIM, the problem is the system.

when the head is rotten….

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Truthshotcrazy: 10:59am On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

shocked
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by AbuAeesha: 11:02am On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

So you are trying to say that he suffered Nigerians for what he was not sure they were going to use, is that a quality of good leadership?

sincerely,you need to put away sentiments and se things from a neutral POV.
1. nobody is perfect,how would he knw the good development he proposed will not be put to use by the govt?
2.excuse me pls,how did he suffered Nigerians?? because i knw you are supposed to link ur new line(s) to NIN as soon as u purchase. yoy can easily link ur contacts to NIN without visiting any outlet.
3. alot of pple took notifications from their service providers and when deadline is approaching they will start hampering to get their lines linked by any means,when it has become tedious & choked
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by BondRiv: 11:04am On Jan 15
The incompetence is outstanding.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Blackdisciple(m): 11:05am On Jan 15
Obviously he is saying the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Truthshotcrazy: 11:05am On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

lwisee:
What happens to tracking a call to the closest mast.
Like we are not even ready to tackle insecurity.
🙌 cool once the mobile phone number only is supplied to the network operator, say MTN , or Glo or Airtel, etc, The network operator can tell you the IP address of the closest telecomm mast to the vicinity of the house /local government area the call 🤙 📞 originated from. even superfluous information like the last 3 numbers that called the victim's line on the kidnap day.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Truthshotcrazy: 11:07am On Jan 15
Cruise777:
With the era of E-Sim, Digital Phone numbers online

Pantami dey play
embarassed
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Ykc2(m): 11:08am On Jan 15
This man na mumu bandits are using the victims phone to demand for ransom, besides kidnapping is northern business so it can never stop ,army knew their camps but northern generals won't allow army to attack them
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Akharmony: 11:16am On Jan 15
Bandit ask there victims to call there love ones using ther personal phones... Those evil guys dont use there phones while making negotiation .. Can we please have Abba Kyari back abg.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Donedeal1(m): 11:21am On Jan 15
Did you reckoned this when you put the general public in severe punishment like we are some sold into slavery and can not reason.
Now we are here and the blame game continued.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by uniquetechng: 11:23am On Jan 15
EreluRoz:
He did nothing other than stealing public funds, how was he one of the best if I may ask ?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 11:23am On Jan 15
AbuAeesha:

sincerely,you need to put away sentiments and se things from a neutral POV.
1. nobody is perfect,how would he knw the good development he proposed will not be put to use by the govt?
2.excuse me pls,how did he suffered Nigerians?? because i knw you are supposed to link ur new line(s) to NIN as soon as u purchase. yoy can easily link ur contacts to NIN without visiting any outlet.
3. alot of pple took notifications from their service providers and when deadline is approaching they will start hampering to get their lines linked by any means,when it has become tedious & choked

So you did not remember how people suffered under sun and even had to pay exorbitant monies to get their NIN and do the linking?

People suffered a lot, yet he didn't do his proper homework with the people that were supposed to use it.

Imagine taking a decision for over 200 million people without doing his proper homework with those that will use it.

If he was not sure they were going to use it then he shouldn't have started it at all, because what has it benefited the country so far?

And people suffered to do it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Ahmad Lawan Assures APC Of Victory As Osinbajo Meets APC Senators / Reno Omokri: Armed Forces Must Prepare For Election Violence From Obidients / Biafra Tv Begins Broadcast On STRONG Decoders!- pics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.