Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Why Is This Country Like This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is This Country Like This (772 Views)

Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 1:11pm On Jan 17

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by osmosis101(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17
U gat to report to the NA. nt outsider.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by brain54(m): 1:16pm On Jan 17
Lol at officer shaving his beard outside...

Too bad i no get better contribution to make this afternoon...my contribution finish this morning.

I just came to lol at officer shaving beards outside!
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by JASONjnr(m): 1:53pm On Jan 17
Jozilinn

I don't know your tribe but she need to inform his family members that she doesn't want to stay in the marriage anymore. And states her reasons.

After that, you she can go to the defence office to lay a formal complain of abuse and have them intervene. She should state threats made by him.

She should also make recordings of his threats. She can post this on social media and mention his name and drop his phone number as well.

If anything happen to her, the post Wil have the man pay for it...

If you were staying within Abuja, I'd say you should locate human right radio to have them bring the matter up on brekete family show.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:03pm On Jan 17
Jozilinn:
My cousin sister came this week like we planned and she has since then been getting threats from her husband,he's from the defense section...now he has been threatening to kill her every single time, now after few advices here we decided she comes now. Now that she's here she decided she would go to human rights for protection prior to the fact that the man wants her dead and she's the one foreseeing the house financial expenses,and he's violent towards her if you always follow my posts.

We got there and was delayed for about 30 mins reason was the officer was shaving his beards outside, later on when she mentioned he's a soldier,they started saying can I even be able to care for her and the two kids,I should send her to the village for the issue to be resolved,they even asked me to pay 10k so they will write something just incase he comes to pick them by force. They even asked her if she stole his money before he said he will kill her,that she better just go back and bear the marriage. This are people that are supposed to save lives, discouraging me from even helping her they asked me to say I want to collect salary first before I send her back to the village since she doesn't want to go back to him.

Even upon hearing he molests the kids still yet nothing, this country is a joke like honestly speaking at this stage I don't even know how to begin,and she's constantly living in fear of him. She wants to start afresh by working and doing skills, what she wants to do is return the bride price after working for some months. I need more people to give us insights on how to handle this situation if they were to know about it. Please guys this is very serious and Needs urgent attention!! This is the link to one of the previous posts.

https://www.nairaland.com/7903623/how-want-handle-issue

Kobojunkie
Frozen70
Ladyrosa2
JASONjnr
Thewinterbird
Ahnie
LordReed.

If she's a soldier as you said, why can't she ''change it'' for the man??

If she can't handle a single man, how then can she face a horde of rampaging Boko haram brutes?
Nawaoo!
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Jan 17
Jozilinn:
We got there and was delayed for about 30 mins reason was the officer was shaving his beards outside, later on when she mentioned he's a soldier,they started saying can I even be able to care for her and the two kids,I should send her to the village for the issue to be resolved,they even asked me to pay 10k so they will write something just incase he comes to pick them by force. They even asked her if she stole his money before he said he will kill her,that she better just go back and bear the marriage. This are people that are supposed to save lives, discouraging me from even helping her they asked me to say I want to collect salary first before I send her back to the village since she doesn't want to go back to him.

Even upon hearing he molests the kids still yet nothing, this country is a joke like honestly speaking at this stage I don't even know how to begin,and she's constantly living in fear of him. She wants to start afresh by working and doing skills, what she wants to do is return the bride price after working for some months. I need more people to give us insights on how to handle this situation if they were to know about it. Please guys this is very serious and Needs urgent attention!! This is the link to one of the previous posts
So all this while, your sister never reporting her husband but was busy taking free punches from him? shocked

Anyways, yes the security system in the country has indeed deteriorated all around majorly because the citizens don't hold the authorities accountable for much, so I am afraid you will have to accept whatever is available at this time. But that should in no way stop you from doing your due diligence in ensuring you continue to collect as much evidence against the man in case he actually carries out his threat later on. Digital and document evidence will always help if You find you ever need to take him to court. Goodluck there. undecided
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Wawelexy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17
ChybuzzDD:

If she can't handle a single man, how then can she face a horde of rampaging Boko haram brutes?
Nawaoo!

Read again please, but this time, remove your left hand from your trouser and allow those balls be so you can understand....

@OP, is it until he carries out his threat you will now start taking actions? I know you are trying, coming here to share is also an attempt, but these are not enough, follow the right paths in handling this.... If those human rights you went to aren't serious, go to another, use social media, reach out to his family to give a stern warning that they will be held responsible if anything happens to your sister, try reaching out to Nigerian navy and more.. but in all you do, avoid the Nigerian police first, they will frustrate your efforts.

May God help you

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 2:44pm On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
So all this while, your sister never reporting her husband but was busy taking free punches from him? shocked

Anyways, yes the security system in the country has indeed deteriorated all around majorly because the citizens don't hold the authorities accountable for much, so I am afraid you will have to accept whatever is available at this time. But that should in no way stop you from doing your due diligence in ensuring you continue to collect as much evidence against the man in case he actually carries out his threat later on. Digital and document evidence will always help if You find you ever need to take him to court. Goodluck there. undecided
okay thank you.
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 2:45pm On Jan 17
Wawelexy:

Read again please, but this time, remove your left hand from your trouser and allow those balls be so you can understand....

@OP, is it until he carries out his threat you will now start taking actions? I know you are trying, coming here to share is also an attempt, but these are not enough, follow the right paths in handling this.... If those human rights you went to aren't serious, go to another, use social media, reach out to his family to give a stern warning that they will be held responsible if anything happens to your sister, try reaching out to Nigerian navy and more.. but in all you do, avoid the Nigerian police first, they will frustrate your efforts.

May God help you
thank you very much it was actually them I went to meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 2:46pm On Jan 17
ChybuzzDD:

Nawaoo!
where did you read she's a soldier abeg it's the man not her

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 2:47pm On Jan 17
JASONjnr:
Jozilinn

I don't know your tribe but she need to inform his family members that she doesn't want to stay in the marriage anymore. And states her reasons.

After that, you she can go to the defence office to lay a formal complain of abuse and have them intervene. She should state threats made by him.

She should also make recordings of his threats. She can post this on social media and mention his name and drop his phone number as well.

If anything happen to her, the post Wil have the man pay for it...

If you were staying within Abuja, I'd say you should locate human right radio to have them bring the matter up on brekete family show.
Wow thank you
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Laird(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17
Has your family heard the man's own side of things for a balanced analysis
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 10:33pm On Jan 17
Laird:
Has your family heard the man's own side of things for a balanced analysis
he's admitting everything and saying he's going to change that as she should come back
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Laird(m): 10:51pm On Jan 17
Jozilinn:
he's admitting everything and saying he's going to change that as she should come back

If he admitted, at least he was heard from and so it's fair to now analyse and decide on next line of action
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 6:29am On Jan 18
Laird:

If he admitted, at least he was heard from an bigd so it's fair to now analyse and decide on next line of action
There's no going back at this junction his constant threat of death is something to be scared about, he is just having the mindset that she would go round with men,very selfish and centered person acting like ok I have heard you can I carry them now,haba please let him go he's going to change no be today he even pick call sef I was shocked...my cousin won't be a factory for him can you believe he didn't tell his family at all they didn't even call because they're with him so we are planning on returning his bride price,thank God it wasn't much let him try elsewhere,let her continue and get herself trained.
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Scentedgrance: 11:33pm On Jan 18
Jozilinn:
where did you read she's a soldier abeg it's the man not her
There's a welfare in the Nigerian army responsible for this.

However your sister is the first woman I m reading online married to a soldier whose husband is not catering for them

Like I said up there before,tell her to walk into her husband's brigade and make enquiry.

There's a Body responsible for that,her husband will be sanctioned and some process will ensue and some parts of his salary will be paid into the wife's acct.

Simple!
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 10:30am On Jan 19
Scentedgrance:

There's a welfare in the Nigerian army responsible for this.

However your sister is the first woman I m reading online married to a soldier whose husband is not catering for them

Like I said up there before,tell her to walk into her husband's brigade and make enquiry.

There's a Body responsible for that,her husband will be sanctioned and some process will ensue and some parts of his salary will be paid into the wife's acct.

Simple!
Thank you dear I really appreciate
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Scentedgrance: 10:37am On Jan 19
Jozilinn:
Thank you dear I really appreciate
Tell your sister to go make enquiry in his Brigade.
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 7:17pm On Jan 20
Scentedgrance:

Tell your sister to go make enquiry in his Brigade.

Can she use another location because she is no more in that side because of the threat can she report in the barracks here for them to send signals
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by stacyadams: 8:35pm On Jan 20
Jozilinn:
Can she use another location because she is no more in that side because of the threat can she report in the barracks here for them to send signals

Make she go report for any barracks ,put money for pocket for bribe.if she get evidence of her hubby terrorizing her too good..make una return the bride price join..relocate her and change phone number join.
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by CockPit: 9:49pm On Jan 20
May be a good ground for a refugee assylum claim if she can get a visit visa.
Re: Why Is This Country Like This by Jozilinn: 9:45am On Jan 21
stacyadams:

Make she go report for any barracks ,put money for pocket for bribe.if she get evidence of her hubby terrorizing her too good..make una return the bride price join..relocate her and change phone number join.
thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

.. / Quality Branded /customized T-shirts And Indian Wears / Marriage As An Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.