Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka (24616 Views)

Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up / Babangida Revelled The Names Of People Who Forced Him To Annul June 12 Election / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bobloco: 4:05pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:
ibos are shorthanded in the Army.
Hausa and yoruba soldiers would have been in power and probably hausa/fulani military governors appointed to each five east state. i swear dem no born una to dey talk as you are doing now.

Are they Igbos not shorthanded at the moment

The earlier you begin to realize that the Igbos are not interested grabbing power the better
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by GloriousGbola: 4:05pm On Jan 17
The vibe I got was team Buhari did everything in their power to fk up the election for Tinubu.

How can a party self sabotage itself so throughly on the eve of the elections? With the worst fuel scarcity we had seen in decades and the nairapoclypse. No one in power will allow that to happen on the eve of an election unless he wants to throw the election to the opposition.

3 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by lexy2014: 4:07pm On Jan 17
Mokason288:

Ask me again….
if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children and still holding several hostage?

https://www.nairaland.com/7972774/talatu-salihu-killed-kidnappers-abuja

if he is steps ahead, how has the living standards of Nigerians improved?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ejimatic: 4:10pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!
With due respect to Prof Wole Soyinka,no plan to annul the election.The North wanted BAT and he won. If the SE man won it would be annulled. That is even remote! The North for reason they know best would not hand over power to the SE.
If any SE man becomes the president without the consent of the North, the region would ensure the government would not last . The election that brings the person in will be annulled.

My SE people should not be angry oo.I am just saying the reality!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mokason288(m): 4:11pm On Jan 17
lexy2014:
if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children and still holding several hostage?

Ask me again… I’ll answer you
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Levels1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17
If each region can have one of this type of upright Man in Nigeria certainly things will be positive between and among US all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 4:15pm On Jan 17
Bobloco:

Are they Igbos not shorthanded at the moment

The earlier you begin to realize that the Igbos are not interested grabbing power the better
If ibos were not interested in grabbing power, they wouldn't have struck in 1966 and still calling for another coup in 2023.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by LyfeJennings(m): 4:16pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

U are madd3ning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bobloco: 4:16pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

If ibos were not interested in grabbing power, they wouldn't have struck in 1966 and still calling for another coup in 2023.

The Igbos struck in 1966

How old are you bro

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by lexy2014: 4:17pm On Jan 17
Mokason288:

Ask me again… I’ll answer you

if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children & still holding several hostage?

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Ironbull: 4:19pm On Jan 17
Racoon:
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

Hello Racoon, Bia nwokem how old are you pls let put jokes apart I want to know your age

Did IBB ever told Soyinka he was going to Annulled June 12?

Racoon! Racoon!! Racoon!!! How many time do I call you? Pls before you type anything kindly think I mean properly think before saying anything ok.

Either you likes it or not, happy or not, believe or not Obi will never rule Nigeria in his lifetime. Thanks...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by unavailablecity: 4:20pm On Jan 17
Very disrespectful with no sensible point nailed... Omo eranko.

RingRoadCartel:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by BabaAduras: 4:21pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:

The real question is, are you sane?

Read your comments again and ask yourself, would anyone with sane mind make these comments?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 4:22pm On Jan 17
Bobloco:

The Igbos struck in 1966

How old are you bro
Old enough to know that ibos are still suffering from the consequences till today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bobloco: 4:23pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

Old enough to know that ibos are still suffering from the consequences till today.

Ok, I now know better
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bovis(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8LTZYPmmcY
Excerpts of Wole Soyinka's interview with ChannelsTV on #MorningBrief

-Wole Soyinka

-Wole Soyinka

Well stated prof, thank you. Your wisdom would serve as a lasting legacy. They were definitely acting a script orchestrated by Obasanjo to install an interim government. Obi was also in on it, he’s is a snake that must be cut to size.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mokason288(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17
lexy2014:

if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children & still holding several hostage?

Lol 😆😆😆… I can see you have my time…

To answer your questions, no politician gives a flying fuckkk about you and I …

Tinubu is Ahead of all other politicians

Kidnappers have not touched any of his family so he doesn’t care about you and I

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 4:26pm On Jan 17
Bobloco:

Ok, I now know better
Good, stop coup baiting. Same people rejoicing over coup in Niger yet would never call for coup against under performing governors in the east.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by DOM7: 4:27pm On Jan 17
And you suddenly become a disgrace to all that look up to you a tribal bigot, just because is a yuroba man.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by lexy2014: 4:27pm On Jan 17
Mokason288:

Lol 😆😆😆… I can see you have my time…

To answer your questions, no politician gives a flying fuckkk about you and I …

Tinubu is Ahead of all other politicians

Kidnappers have not touched any of his family so he doesn’t care about you and I

1. if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children & still holding several hostage?

2. if he is steps ahead, how has the living standards of Nigerians improved?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by kenex4ever(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17
I thought that when you get older, you have more sense and become detribalized but in the case of this Mor*n it's completely different.

If it were to be another person in govt. He would have written one of his uncultured letters by now detailing the hardship Nigerians are facing.

Posterity will destroy whatever is left of you and your likes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by tishbite43: 4:27pm On Jan 17
ejimatic:

With due respect to Prof Wole Soyinka,no plan to annul the election.The North wanted BAT and he won. If the SE man won it would be annulled. That is even remote! The North for reason they know best would not hand over power to the SE.
If any SE man becomes the president without the consent of the North, the region would ensure the government would not last . The election that brings the person in will be annulled.

My SE people should not be angry oo.I am just saying the reality!
You're simply deceiving yourselves, you and Soyinka.
There was no plan to annul nothing.
I can only believe that Buhari didn't want Tinubu to be APC's standard bearer so he might have harbored fantasies of Atiku winning it.
The Igbos want Biafra. The sooner you accept this reality, the better for everyone.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Anatolia: 4:29pm On Jan 17
Nobel prize doesn’t give him the right to be talking nonsense. A supposed elder and intellectual should not be descending to such a low level.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by PaellaPaella: 4:31pm On Jan 17
Throwback:
Shame on Obi and that his datti running mate.

Ignoramus!

As if Soyinka in the 1980s when he served as FRSC head, knew that IBB would nullify elections later in 1993.

If you are empty headed, stop making a public disgrace of your ignorance.

Only a fuul will read this your constant garbage on Nairaland, you have never make a sensible comment since you join this site not even one day. Spit grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Themanleshey: 4:32pm On Jan 17
NaijaNaWaa:

Soyinka has gone rogue. What a monumental disgrace of an old creature? This man has rubbished himself all by himself.

Your opinion though , if you can’t reason and see sense in what he said then na u sabi.

Someone came third behind and he’s threatening the institution and you all didn’t see anything wrong in it.

No wahala make una continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ElSudani: 4:32pm On Jan 17
Racoon:
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

Did he serve under Babangida after or before the annulment? Get your facts straight a beg.
He was out of Road Safety Commission long before the annulment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by happney65: 4:32pm On Jan 17
Racoon:

The Baba is an extremely useless baba. You see his almost dead dick coming to life when it is Obi's matter. The obi and his supporters that hasn't shot at one single fellow

But you never see him condem for once Buhari supporters who went on a killing spree killing over 800 people when that useless Buhari lost the 2011 election .

Even Buhari's party then the CPC never condemned the killing of the youth corpers. They said they were IT guys of the PDP.

Agbalagba oshi radarada..
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by yusluvad(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17
What's this man's point ?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by PaellaPaella: 4:34pm On Jan 17
Okoroawusa:

Stop dropping comments once you see headlines on Nairaland. Try and read the content to avoid embarrassing yourself with your comment.

Now, I will advise you take time and read the article again

Trash as always ... shmm
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ElSudani: 4:37pm On Jan 17
yusluvad:
What's this man's point ?

The same question some asked before he went to jail defending Biafrans.

"Democracy as you and I know, you cannot accept judgements only when they favour you if you go by the same arbitration panel, same arbitration structure. You cannot just say, I will accept this only when it suits me, I mean that is an insult."

Likewise, If we all go by the same moral principles we cannot say Soyinka is a good man only when he defend your interests but a bad man when he doesn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by danzaki63: 4:40pm On Jan 17
They planned and Allah is the Ultimate planner.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Myhusband(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17
as a Yoruba man even if Tinubu economic policies ease the burden on Nigeria I won't still be satisfied until he restructure this goddamn country

let Igbo have their Biafra, let arewa have theirs so that they can bombed the hell out of themselves and let Yoruba have their oduduwa

any president that can do this will be the best Nigeria president

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks PDP Meeting In Yobe / Onofiok Akpan-Luke Celebrates Birthday, Wedding Anniversary With Pretty Wife.PIC / House Of Representatives Suspends Abdulmumin Jibrin For 180 Legislative Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.