Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka (24619 Views)

Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June 12, IBB Opens Up / Babangida Revelled The Names Of People Who Forced Him To Annul June 12 Election / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Gbogbowa: 4:44pm On Jan 17
You can imagine him calling Obi and datti buffoons,God will soon judge you except if Tinubu did not rigged the election
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by itsene: 4:45pm On Jan 17
God saved Nigeria from Obi and Atiku.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Randomgist(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17
What kind of beer parlour assumption is coming from this man? Peter Obi that was not in power, that was not anywhere near "snatching" power from a local govt chairman even if he wanted. Infact, Peter Obi from South East that has no say at the center? How was he going to annul a general election? It's a shame how some learned people can descend so low thinking they will gain popularity that they have already lost.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bigchristo: 4:46pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8LTZYPmmcY
Excerpts of Wole Soyinka's interview with ChannelsTV on #MorningBrief

-Wole Soyinka

-Wole Soyinka
Some people when it comes to tribalism they lost all their educational background and qualities, Soyinka is just disgracing himself all over the internet since the last General Election I wish a Yoruba person didn’t contest election for president we wouldn’t have know how distrusting some of y’all characters are, make una Dey play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bovis(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17
kokomilala:
Kongi And The Beatification of Intellectual Emptiness

It's only sane, astute minds that will be able to grasp the very essence of what Soyinka is saying. It's a broth not for the consumption of weak, empty and oft insipid minds, even if they eat from the broth piecemeal by piecemeal.

WS will be 90 on July 13, God willing. I want to ask how many of those attacking him here for expressing his thoughts can auction a fraction of his intellect? Some empty-headed insouciant singlet boys just sit down somewhere and spew out rubbish, without any consideration for sound judgement. Yet these deprived souls are beatified with likes and shares.
💯 baba is still very sound, coherent and highly intelligent even at the ripe old age of ninety. I trowey maximum respect
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by kenchop: 4:49pm On Jan 17
CAN SOMEONE TELL THIS BIGOTED slowpoke THAT ELECTIONS ARE OVER. THE FOCUS NOW IS ON THE DELIVERY OF GOOD GOVERNANCE.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Promax4321: 4:50pm On Jan 17
The script was drafted by Olusegun Obasanjo, partially announced by himself, Obi of Agulu orchestrated pla, using Datti as mediaman.

Thank God is better than all of them, this is a man who could not pay his party agents. He ate all the donations from diaspora and other monies to service lawyer who would have used evidence from those agents as evidences in courts.

I imagined what type of leader he would had been had he won. He thinks backward with trait of looking for blame and who to blame than preferring solutions

Thank God we dodged the bullet.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by StJasper(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17
Racoon:
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

Mr, can you please go back to your elementary history?

Wole Soyinka didn't join Banangida's government after the annulment of June 12 election.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by kokomilala(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17
@Bovis, abi u see am. He's been able to keep his cognition sharp.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by mozona(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17
Mtchew...
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by EmmyDJourno: 5:07pm On Jan 17
Hungry Professor🤨
Okponku man😒
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by NaijaNaWaa: 5:07pm On Jan 17
Themanleshey:

Your opinion though , if you can’t reason and see sense in what he said then na u sabi.

Someone came third behind and he’s threatening the institution and you all didn’t see anything wrong in it.

No wahala make una continue

Deep down inside Tinubu and Soyinka, they know that Peter Obi won hands down.

That’s not even my concern but Soyinka’s attempt at outdoing MC Oluomo in agbero tactics. This isn’t the man I knew. He ought to be a statesman but it’s his life.

Every man to his conscience, let God judge.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by honor4me: 5:15pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

You are either too young or to naive to know the implications of what you just wrote.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 5:28pm On Jan 17
PaellaPaella:

Only a fuul will read this your constant garbage on Nairaland, you have never make a sensible comment since you join this site not even one day. Spit grin

Chai!

Not even for one day?

You go be harsh examiner ooo, even a faulty clock is right twice a day.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 5:31pm On Jan 17
NaijaNaWaa:

Deep down inside Tinubu and Soyinka, they know that Peter Obi won hands down.

That’s not even my concern but Soyinka’s attempt at outdoing MC Oluomo in agbero tactics. This isn’t the man I knew. He ought to be a statesman but it’s his life.

Every man to his conscience, let God judge.

Which state did he win that he was denied in the North?

Where was Obi when Tinubu was winning the NorthWest and NorthCentral?

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Daystar7: 5:31pm On Jan 17
This man should know he's a respected elderly Statesman and that should reflect in his conduct... He's loosing that respect, taking off and running his mouth like a pussy and his remarks always stems from an ethnic bias. This man has made so many mistakes that's taken and destroyed the lives of so many youths in Nigeria, I believe he was also decieved in 2015 by APC as we all were, I wouldn't blame him so much for Buhari's disaster but then since then he's no longer speaking like he used to probably because of Tinubu, this I also understand but going off against a particular candidate all the time and telling on him constantly is not good for his own personality. The whole Nigeria holds you in high esteem. When we was taught in primary school of his achievement I was particularly proud of the Man cos i also want to be recognized for such achievement like that. We didn't care if he's an Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa so why's he doing this? I feel bad about this honestly. I don't think Achebe would do this if he were to be alive. Even after the Biafran war with the tensed hostility tied to that unfortunate events to the Igbo's he didn't go off on any sort of tribal slur. Nigeria needs unity if we are to progress as a country else this downward trajectory will continue. We can't even elect leaders and hold them accountable without any sinister tribalistic intention attached to it. I don't know but this whole thing is just bad moreso when I see fellow youths allow themselves to be used by this politicians who won't even give them a look.
Obidient or Emilokan or Atikulated need to understand that objectivity and introspection is important cos at the end of the day, the masses will collectively enjoy or suffer from the leadership.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by benitwater(m): 5:40pm On Jan 17
Nothing but the truth,
Thank GOD it end in shame for them.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by bdon12: 5:40pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

-Wole Soyinka
If it was not tinubu...thay olodo prof wont be talking like this.also that adeboye business man.

-Wole Soyinka
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Southwestidiot: 5:42pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

-Wole Soyinka
Nor ne only amora na Amala. Useless old fool

-Wole Soyinka
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by walefresh3(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17
chuose:
This man is a f@@L
because he did not support thiefobi ?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by walefresh3(m): 5:53pm On Jan 17
Bobloco:

Are they Igbos not shorthanded at the moment

The earlier you begin to realize that the Igbos are not interested grabbing power the better
Stop fooling your GUILIBLE self... We Sabi una lies ..
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Omoluabi16(m): 5:57pm On Jan 17
Wole Soyinka,please rest sir. We respect you, and we've moved on from that election. What were concerned about is what is happening now..not who won or lost. I'm sure the bandits do not give a toss about Tinubu or Obi.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by BreconHills(m): 6:00pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

How old were you in 1966, in 1975 and 76,1983 1985 or even 1993? Where were you when Abacha killed KSW and the EU and America pulled the plug on trade with Nigeria? If you were a working adult, no one would tell you that the worst democracy is better the the best military government. This is what is most abhorrent, a civilian who wants the electoral process cancelled or suborn because it does not favour his candidate. Tell me, all the political parties that lost elections since 1999, which one ever invited the military to overthrow the process? Name one.

Until these bunch of secessionists found a special purpose vehicle to achieve their dreams of domination through and then began bleating when the dream failed.

Never again.

Nb Adding this excellent spoken word by Lola Shoneyin with thanks to Naptu2 Maybe these would be coupists and insurrectionists on NL will learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfjvorIJhUA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Calitoscassius(m): 6:02pm On Jan 17
drlateef:

Stop crying!!! You lost election, thats why you are in pain. Soyinka is not daft. He is far highly intelligent more than you. Too much pain will not let you get sense.
grin Me? Lost election? I wished i contested let alone lose. Because i would still be able to loot funds even though i lost.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by wrongnumber: 6:03pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

-Wole Soyinka

-Wole Soyinka

This man has lost it.

How I wish he maintained his integrity till death but now history will only know him as a clueless and pseudo intelligent.

Shame.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bobloco: 6:05pm On Jan 17
walefresh3:
Stop fooling your GUILIBLE self... We Sabi una lies ..

Wale Gbaju e
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Meagainstthem: 6:06pm On Jan 17
Some never do well will be here to abuse a man their entire tribe can never produce
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by RealEmilokan: 6:14pm On Jan 17
Obi and Datti that do not hold political power will annul election?

This man don old!!

He's just rubbishing the small respect people still have for him.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Calitoscassius(m): 6:18pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

Nobody in your generation, past, present and future will ever win a noble laureate.
Soyinka is still daft. Ofcourse, no one in my generations would want to win a daft award, a stale and achaic award. grin
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by JDJDjD: 6:20pm On Jan 17
fergie001:

-Wole Soyinka

-Wole Soyinka
lolz
Peter Obi really dealt with these guys grin
Obi really made even the people we tot were lenient from that region look stupid. grin
who could have tot a whole Wole Soyinka will loose his senses because of election grin
from structureless party to one man show to distant 4th to online president grin
now is OBI wanted to do IBB grin
one year after election, the APC people in these region never still get themselves grin
their eyes nor believe wetin them see
everyday they attack Obi as if he is the president grin
the one trending now is that Obi govt would have been worst if tinubu govt is like this grin
i never see people so mad in foolishness like the APC members in that region

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by babatunji91185: 6:20pm On Jan 17
Who had powee to annul a general election??Hope not Buhari?Who had powee to annul a general election??Hope not Buhari?...
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Atlantis585: 6:21pm On Jan 17
This idiot again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal Give PDP Conditions / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Jonathan's Aide Locked Me, IMF MD Out Of Presidential Villa / Dino Melaye: Peter Obi Can’t Win Election, ‘Obidients’ Euphoria Already Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.