Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport (2231 Views)

Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun / Tinubu Not A Guinean Citizen, Merely Awarded Diplomatic Passport / Tinubu Was Found In A Guinean Helicopter With a suspected substance (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Akinomoakin021: 1:03am On Jan 18
I met a student in his mid twenties . I approached him to say hi because of his Nigerian accent. He looks like a Northern Nigerian but told me he was from Guinea and grew up in Ibadan. He understood Yoruba clearly.

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport.

How did a Guinean get a Nigerian passport. I later met a Yoruba boy who grew up in Togo but holds a Togolese passport. His family was a Nigerian family that migrated to Togo and not the indigenous Yoruba in Togo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Omoawoke2(m): 1:07am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:
I met a student in his mid twenties in Canada. I approached him to say hi because of his Nigerian accent. He looks like a Northern Nigerian but told me he was from Guinea and grew up in Ibadan. He understood Yoruba clearly.

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport. He concluded that his dad owns a mining business in Ibadan.

How did a Guinean get a Nigerian passport. I later met a Yoruba boy who grew up in Togo but holds a Togolese passport. His family was a Nigerian family that migrated to Togo and not the indigenous Yoruba in Togo

You can hold the passport of a foreign country if you fulfill the requirements.

16 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by seanfer(m): 1:11am On Jan 18
OP if you're qualified for and offered Canadian passport will you turn it down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Akinomoakin021: 1:35am On Jan 18
seanfer:
OP if you're qualified for and offered Canadian passport will you turn it down

My question is that does Nigeria have a program to make people citizenship en masse?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by MIHLEXY: 1:53am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:
I met a student in his mid twenties . I approached him to say hi because of his Nigerian accent. He looks like a Northern Nigerian but told me he was from Guinea and grew up in Ibadan. He understood Yoruba clearly.

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport. He concluded that his dad owns a mining business in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Ahmed0336(m): 2:13am On Jan 18
It's possible....
Maybe Nigerian by Birth
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by ipobarecriminals: 2:39am On Jan 18
sad u met a ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ณ, u met a ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฌ, u met a ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ, u met a ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฒ u met a ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ u met a ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฉ, only u in ibadan.U never met A ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง, ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ a ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ, ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช,๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท grin grin wink. U go met them when u japa sha grin

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by SmartPolician: 2:43am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

My question is that does Nigeria have a program to make people citizenship en masse?

I am not sure I understand this question, but it's important to state here that the way Nigerians become the citizens of foreign countries after satisfying some conditions is the same way they become the citizens of Nigeria after satisfying some conditions.

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Ofodirinwa: 3:08am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport. He concluded that his dad owns a mining business in Ibadan.

cool story bro

1 Like

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by gabbytabby: 3:30am On Jan 18
Nigeria is so easy once you give them money nobody cares.

The consequences of lack of data especially in remote communities. With time it will get better when they start issuing NIN at birth.

Akinomoakin021:

1 Like

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Brenbentondiaz: 3:52am On Jan 18
Wait till you meet a UFO alien with Nigerian passport. Immigration is loose in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Silentgroper(m): 7:40am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport.

Those guineans are plenty ibadan eh .

I saw one pretty thing from Guinea and she had me mesmerized .. Downside to it was that she already have a kid and pregnant with the 2nd, Although, slowly losing the 2nd one..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by sunboy(m): 8:18am On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

Nigeria has immigration laws and processes like any other country in the world.

Nigeria issues residence permit like any other country.

Nigeria issues citizenship to foreign nationals who fulfill the requirements like any other countries.

I donโ€™t know if I should call this ignorance or we just no too rate the country sha.

1 Like

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Anguldi(m): 8:33am On Jan 18
sunboy:

Nigeria issues citizenship to foreign nationals who fulfill the requirements like any other countries.

I donโ€™t know if I should call this ignorance or we just no too rate the country sha.

Our citizenship is one of the hardest to get cheesy. Everything here hard angry

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 11:12am On Jan 18
Are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 11:13am On Jan 18
Ofodirinwa:

cool story bro
What??
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 11:15am On Jan 18
Silentgroper:
, Although, slowly losing the 2nd one..
Slowly losing the 2nd one as in How?
What does that mean?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by troytino: 11:53am On Jan 18
sunboy:

dey play..

I personally Know someone from cameroon who got Nigerian passport in less than a month of finding his way into Nigeria via ikom axis

Nigerian systems are too corrupt. It took him less than 48Hrs to get the passport. The dude is in Poland at the moment

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by AfahaAbia(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

We had a chat for some time. He later told me he was an international student and holds a Nigerian passport. I mostly travel with the Madagascan passport.

Nothing really strange about it. I am a Nigerian by birth also grew up in Nigeria.I have a Madagascan and Liberian passports with my Nigerian passport inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Haynnie: 12:30pm On Jan 18
[quote author=MIHLEXY post=127994839][/quote]

Lol, what are you getting at?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Silentgroper(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18
GreaterFuture:

Slowly losing the 2nd one as in How?
What does that mean?
she was bleeding (clotted ones) and her fetus was having a bradycardia..
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by etrange: 2:26pm On Jan 18
I don't understand this thread. Why is it a shocker that someone originally from Guinea has a Nigerian passport? Nigeria offers citizenship to foreigners like most countries do, so what's the issue?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by tunde1200(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18
Good use of English language op.

Akinomoakin021:

1 Like

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Akinomoakin021: 3:13pm On Jan 18
etrange:
I don't understand this thread. Why is it a shocker that someone originally from Guinea has a Nigerian passport? Nigeria offers citizenship to foreigners like most countries do, so what's the issue?

The problem now is that I believe majority of those foreigners who hold Nigerian passport would not have met the criteria. They would have mostly achieved that by pretending to be natives. I am aware that getting Nigerian citizenship is very hard, even for CEOs of some big foreign companies in Nigeria.
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by sunboy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18
troytino:

dey play..

I personally Know someone from cameroon who got Nigerian passport in less than a month of finding his way into Nigeria via ikom axis

Nigerian systems are too corrupt. It took him less than 48Hrs to get the passport. The dude is in Poland at the moment

And who said there wasnโ€™t corruption?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by troytino: 5:23pm On Jan 18
sunboy:

And who said there wasnโ€™t corruption?

I only responded to what u said that Nigeria issues citizenship like every other country etc. I was buttressing that point that it's not really true, as it's easier to get such in Nigerian context
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18
troytino:

took him less than 48Hrs to get the passport. The dude is in Poland at the moment
With Nigerian Passport? Good for Poland?
Why not Cameroon?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18
AfahaAbia:

I have a Madagascan and Liberian passports with my Nigerian passport inclusive.
Are those passports that Strong or Good?
Which countries are they easier or better to go to, as opposed to the ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Passport?
Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by troytino: 6:35pm On Jan 18
GreaterFuture:

With Nigerian Passport? Good for Poland?
Why not Cameroon?

There was crises in his part of cameroun, so he fled into Nigeria like a refugee. But because he wanted to travel, he needed a passport for that..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by Upright750: 6:59pm On Jan 18
Akinomoakin021:

Same way your brothers and sisters used to get british, american and even canadian passport he used got his own too . leave personnrest abeg .. Nigeria should pay pay him for accepting to use nugeria passport that even nigeria citizen is not proud to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Met A Guinean That Holds A Nigerian Passport by sunboy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18
troytino:

I only responded to what u said that Nigeria issues citizenship like every other country etc. I was buttressing that point that it's not really true, as it's easier to get such in Nigerian context

It is 100% true that Nigeria has immigration laws and processes. It is one thing to have the laws, it is another for corruption to ripple through the system and the highest bidders getting it without fulfilling the requirements.

Doesnโ€™t change the fact that there are laws and processes in place by the constitution.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria / Project Delta State! / Send Happy Birthday Wishes To Hillary Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.