Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,319 members, 7,954,282 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (15259 Views)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by slap1(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2011
She should get a job at Faith Clinic.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by hajifaty: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2011
see what religious drunk can led u to. Na she kill jesus? she can be praying while taking care of the boy.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by AndreUweh(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
There are some certain things not clarified here. Probably, mrs Abayomi is not a pediatric nurse. In the U.K, THERE ARE DIFFERENT BRANCHES OF NURSING WHICH child nursing is one of them. It could be that she works only for agencies as some of this agencies do not send their staffs for training programmes.
Some nurses who do agency nursing do it just to get money not thinking about their limitations. Agency nursing jobs are not regular and as a result, some agency nurses do any shift offered them so that money will be in their accounts.
In this instance, the nursing and midwifery council has been too harsh in their action. It is a a winnable case for mrs Abayomi because, cases such as this only leads to the nurse either suspended or ask to go for further trainings. Also any firm employing her should know her limitations and be prepared to send her for further trainings to improve her knowledge. This is good for the nurse as well as the patient/client.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Debsolat(f): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2011
To the above post: I am a RNMH (Clinical Nurse Manager) and I also sit on the board of NMC hearings in UK and I do not agree with your opinion on agency staff not sending their nurses on training. If you look at the NMC code of conduct, it specifically states that as a registered nurse, you are responsible for keeping yourself up to date in regards to any training. And cases that puts peoples lives at risk are not 'winnable' as you put it. Unlike in Nigeria where there are no strict regulations as to what are expected of nurses, UK and other countries are different. Also, as a fellow nigerian and a christian, I find it appalling that fellow nurses (especially nigerian trained) struggle and shy away from performing basic skills. God gave us medicine for a reason (I'm not saying it takes away the place of miracle!) But when you are at work, even if you are praying, you pray in your heart and still do what is physically expected of you as a professional. It's sad that there is no month that you don't see a nigerian being reported for misconduct. Not carrying out your duty as expected is gross misconduct.

Maybe, if majority of nurses in Nigeria can perform Basic Life Support and Intermediate Life Support, we will see a reduction in death rate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by cap28: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
religious fanaticism is a huge cancer that has eaten deep into the psyche of many nigerians   - the funny things is many of these religious fanatics are far from godly in their day to day life, many of them use religion to make themselves appear to be kind and caring people when their hearts are filled with pure evil.

another problem is the level of ignorance amongst these backward fanatics - this is the same way we  fold our  hands and pray for god to come down from heaven to remove our  tyrannical leaders from office instead of actually taking the bull by the horns and doing something to change things ourselves - most nigerians are virtually human vegetables as a result of this slavish and sheepish adherence to an alien religion.

if only we could understand that this same religion is what was used to make us s.tupid and docile and keep us enslaved to the white man.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
freepeople:

The child would have died anyway. He was born at 6 months. I suspect that he suffered from some form of respiratory distress syndrome, due to inadequate maturation of the lungs at the time of birth. I've not seen any of these case that survives past one month.

My beef with the nurse is that she lost her professional cool in dealing with this case. Though she can't do much to save this child. Even if she resuscitates the child, he will eventually go down. But she shouldn't let her emotion to overtake her reasoning. There is what we jokingly call "masterly inactivity". You will be busy doing something to help the patient, but actually, you are doing nothing. This is aimed at giving the parents a psychological reassurance that you did all you could to save their child. But your effort was not enough.

Because a child was born with a condition that may lead to their death doesn't mean that the parents or nurse should abandon their duties. She has a job, plain and simple. What part of that are people not getting here? The fool ABANDONED her job and started shouting nonsense as opposed to doing what she was supposedly trained to do. As I said before, the child involved in the incident, although he has made a full recovery from the incident, he is still totally dependent on others for his care--he is currently five years old. When you have a premature child and you have a doctor or nurse shouting 'Shiva', 'Allah', or 'Jesuse' and NOT doing their job, we'll see if you just sit by and say "Oh well, my baby was gonna die anyway".

dplordx:

More of the reason GEJ should be fired. The idi0t keeps thinking Jesus will come down to fix our problems.
Can you believe how lame Nigerians are! God wont change our ways until we change it.
We need a real leader. Not a fucken christain or a moslem. We just need someone who can deliver.
LOL. I remember when that failure knelt infront of Pastor Adeboye. Then I knew he is nothing but another colossal failure. And many f00ls voted him because of that.
Mscheeeeewest! angry angry angry angry

dplordx:

[b]Yes, but lets assume you are the person in mortal danger, and your nurse starts spewing some crazy gibberish when all she had to do was remain calm and save your life.
I cant believe someone in a civilized part of the world such as SA could be defending such crass dereliction of duty. She had a choice to pick between becoming a 419 pastor or a someone who can REALLY save life and perform logical miracles and not that magical shyt they scam you with. Do you think the UK become developed in believing in all these type of nonsensical doctrines?
Even Israel where Christ emerged from learn from a long and painful history that God wont leave His throne to change you and until you change yourself.
For you information, Israelis arent Christians, and they a tiny population of 5million are the most respected and feared nation in the milddle east.
Keep calling your useless nation a giant, when a fraction of israelis military could wipe you all off the surface of the earth within a day. Abeg, lets use our brains and not just our emotions and social-precondition stupidity jare.[/b]

Tell am o! It's like people don't wanna hear when it's their own being corrected. Had a bad day my foot!

hajifaty:

see what religious drunk can led u to. Na she kill jesus? she can be praying while taking care of the boy.

Umm, that's the problem--she DIDN'T take care of the kid!!! All she did was shout Jesus.

cap28:

religious fanaticism is a huge cancer that has eaten deep into the psyche of many nigerians   - the funny things is many of these religious fanatics are far from godly in their day to day life, many of them use religion to make themselves appear to be kind and caring people when their hearts are filled with pure evil.

another problem is the level of ignorance amongst these backward fanatics - this is the same way we  fold our  hands and pray for god to come down from heaven to remove our  tyrannical leaders from office instead of actually taking the bull by the horns and doing something to change things ourselves - most nigerians are virtually human vegetables as a result of this slavish and sheepish adherence to an alien religion.

if only we could understand that this same religion is what was used to make us s.tupid and docile and keep us enslaved to the white man.

Preach!!!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Realestdude: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
Im sure this is exactly wat the president wants us all 2do, to keep shouting blood of jesus whl boko haram goes on a killing rampage whl he folds his arm and do nothing waiting 4dem to come out and confess at aso rock revival ministries were he is d G.O. Jst imagine if d president was frm america or d uk and he says dis sturfs he often say to nigerians to them, your guess is as good as mine. The woman is a reflection of the religious stupidity that has engulfed most of us here in nigeria but unfortunately she took her mediocracy which is a norm in nigeria to a serious and pragmatic society dat dnt encorrage such religious insanity after all they brought religion to us but we  v added stupidity to it and it irritates them and any sane mind as well. Serves her right, comon sense shld ve prevailed but she allowed nigerian silly factor to get d better part of her.
=D
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by AndreUweh(m): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
Debsolat:

To the above post: I am a RNMH (Clinical Nurse Manager) and I also sit on the board of NMC hearings in UK and I do not agree with your opinion on agency staff not sending their nurses on training. If you look at the NMC code of conduct, it specifically states that as a registered nurse, you are responsible for keeping yourself up to date in regards to any training. And cases that puts peoples lives at risk are not 'winnable' as you put it. Unlike in Nigeria where there are no strict regulations as to what are expected of nurses, UK and other countries are different. Also, as a fellow nigerian and a christian, I find it appalling that fellow nurses (especially nigerian trained) struggle and shy away from performing basic skills. God gave us medicine for a reason (I'm not saying it takes away the place of miracle!) But when you are at work, even if you are praying, you pray in your heart and still do what is physically expected of you as a professional. It's sad that there is no month that you don't see a nigerian being reported for misconduct. Not carrying out your duty as expected is gross misconduct.

Maybe, if majority of nurses in Nigeria can perform Basic Life Support and Intermediate Life Support, we will see a reduction in death rate.
Thanks for your contribution, however, I feel employers do fail nurses in the U.K. Has the employers trained mrs Abayomi on paediatric basic life support. Does the employers know mrs Abayomi's skills and limitations?. To give a patient/client best care, the managers has a duty to allocate the right staff to the right job. Poor mrs Abayomi might have been asigned a task she hasn't got theskills to perform. If this is the case, her employers have failed her. I think the employment tribunal will help her.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by ProNurse: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
Jesus saved the child! When things like this happen the story is never told completely. Is it not this same nurse that has been taking care of this child? I am a professional home nurse and I know how clients behave. When things go wrong they will never remember the good things you've done 4 them. If the story is true just d way it was reported, the nurse ought to have resuscitated d child while calling on d Most Powerful Name of Jesus. I use that Name all the time and it always Work.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by cap28: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
this nurse and many other nigerian religious fanatics like her are actually  mentally ill, poverty and ignorance is a dangerous cocktail which pushes many nigerians like this woman into this kind of mindset.

I have come across many nigerians like this woman - common sense and rational thinking are not in their dictionary - in a normal society people like this woman are usually kept in psychiatric units in order to protect them from doing any damage to normal people.

i remember reading about another nigerian religious fanatic who actually jumped into the lion's enclosure in london zoo some years back because he was trying to mimic the story in the bible of daniel.

he was mauled so badly and lost a lot of blood, - fortunately for him the lions had just been fed and as a result he lived to tell the story.

if not for the timely intervention of the staff  it would have turned out a lot differently for him

this is how far gone many nigerians are in their religious fanaticism.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by ProNurse: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2011
@BootyonMe, i felt so bad about the comments you've been making about Jesus. Please get on ur knees and ask Him to forgive you. I pray that God will bring you to understand the mystery and the Person behind that name. I pray u will have a personal encounter with Jesus. He loves you more than u can imagine and doesn't deserve ur insults cos He's had more than u can imagine.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
LOL. Typical Nigerian Christian. They will join hands and pray over you as you suffocate instead of calling 911.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Debsolat(f): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
Andre, I can assure you that before you start work in any hospital, you are required and compelled to go through an induction and training period. For example where I work, it's a 2 week induction period that includes all the necessary things you will need to help you and that's having gone through a minimum of 3 years training. Then every year, you have a yearly refresher, As a RNMH that does not even work in Peadiatrics, i had training in BSL for children. And as a nurse, you shouldn't accept any agency shift if you think you are not capable and efficient in carrying out the tasks. As a nurse, you are responsible and accountable for your actions and ommisions. You all need to go on NMC website and have a read through at so many things people have done.

And I am disappointed at people who are always playing race card when it comes to cases like this, there are so many nurses apart from black people that have been struck off too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
Pro-Nurse:

@BootyonMe, i felt so bad about the comments you've been making about Jesus. Please get on your knees and ask Him to forgive you. I pray that God will bring you to understand the mystery and the Person behind that name. <b> I pray u will have a personal encounter with Jesus </b> . He loves you more than u can imagine and doesn't deserve your insults cos He's had more than u can imagine.

Amen. smiley
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by UyiIredia(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
She deserved it.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by AndreUweh(m): 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2011
Africans working in the U.K are punished a lot even in incidents of the smallest misdemeanor. Some clients/residents/patient hate seeing black faces. Probably, the parent's of that little child has been looking for an opportunity to lay off mrs Abayomi, and this case afforded them the opportunity to do so.In the U.K, parents are also trained about resuscitation etc, at that point they could have prevented mrs Abayomi from taking the lead.
Second, a lot hate Christianity and Christians. If they notice you are a christian, you will be targeted so that they can prove that your God can not save you.
Mrs Abayomi may be innocent, but because she is Nigerian, she has been painted ugly. She requires help in this case but am sure she is not aware of the services that can be provided her. How I wish I know her in person.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Emuejev: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Andrew - Not true- Yes in the UK, being black is not the best thing- but then again being a stand-out race [with bad rap- which is caused by people like the negligent nurses] is always going to be different. So yes the race card is so year 2000. Get over that - if you do a great job at your career, then you shouldn't need to play any race cards or even the religion card. Yes we are Christians, great- but put yourself in the shoes of that kid's parents shoes. Having 2 fragile babies who need round the clock care, I bet they cannot even sleep at night out of worry, and the nurse employed to make your lives easier, panics and starts chanting Jesus. How would you feel? No parent should witness such agony from the professionals they depend upon. This is not about africans, or even Christianity, if any medical professional panics at a time of life and death- Their license shouldn't only be taken away- They should be arrested for endangering the lives of others due to negligence. After all if you are working in a bank sef, and you post balances to wrong accounts- you are sometimes fired, talk more of life and death situations.SMH

Point is- We must learn to take responsibility for our actions- Doctors and nurses shouldn't be allowed to depend on religion or even recommend patients pray about their crisis - that job is for the pastors, imams, No wonder Nigeria doesn't progress- afterall someday God will come give us electricity, change the hearts of our leaders [ Dream on], cut down cultism, terrorism, robbery, corruption, unemployment, bad roads, etc.
Pray in your homes and hearts, don't force your religion on others.
End of rant

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Okijajuju1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2011
Look at the picture of the lady!! No make up, no jewellery, head scarf covering her ears!!

THATS A DEEPER LIFE WOMAN!!

What do you expect from them?!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Jenifa1: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

Look at the picture of the lady!! No make up, no jewellery, head scarf covering her ears!!

THATS A DEEPER LIFE WOMAN!!

What do you expect from them?!

sharrap. if you see her head very well you will notice she's wearing a weave.
She probably spent some nights in jail. I don't think women have d luxury of makeup and jewelry in jail.

going by your username i'm pretty sure you would have been shouting "Orunmila Orunmila o!!!" if you were in her shoes.
stop d hate on christianity cool
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by Revolva(m): 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2011
RT@Andrew my
I see that those things in your profile has brain washed you, An experienced nurse equal to the job must have been sure there is no alternative rather than making another move which she did. She has not been blacklisted from getting another licence

So he woman na your mama now abi wey you dey suppot her, whats ya problem puk azz, Yes she did a wrong thing even if she was white, she would also get the same punishment, and again its hard to find a white christain do such a thing, they are not hypocrites like Nigerian chistains,
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by ibedun: 11:53pm On Nov 07, 2011
These imbecilic xtians. Sometimes I wonder if our people have functioning brains.

There aint no phucking jesus and if there is God, I will shot the wicked b'stard. Nothing will change in Nigeria with this mindset.

A good friend of my mum and sadly my naighbour recently lost their sons at the prime of their youthful lives and they are the deepest and loyal xtians in have ever come accross in my life.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 1:04am On Nov 08, 2011
ibedun:

A good friend of my mum and sadly my naighbour recently lost their sons at the prime of their youthful lives and they are the deepest and loyal xtians in have ever come accross in my life.
They must have insulted an MOG (man-of-God).
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 4:14am On Nov 08, 2011
Emuejev:

@Andrew - Not true- Yes in the UK, being black is not the best thing- but then again being a stand-out race [with bad rap- which is caused by people like the negligent nurses] is always going to be different. So yes the race card is so year 2000. Get over that - if you do a great job at your career, then you shouldn't need to play any race cards or even the religion card. Yes we are Christians, great- but put yourself in the shoes of that kid's parents shoes. Having 2 fragile babies who need round the clock care, I bet they cannot even sleep at night out of worry, and the nurse employed to make your lives easier, panics and starts chanting Jesus. How would you feel? No parent should witness such agony from the professionals they depend upon. This is not about africans, or even Christianity, if any medical professional panics at a time of life and death- Their license shouldn't only be taken away- They should be arrested for endangering the lives of others due to negligence. After all if you are working in a bank sef, and you post balances to wrong accounts- you are sometimes fired, talk more of life and death situations.SMH

Point is- We must learn to take responsibility for our actions- Doctors and nurses shouldn't be allowed to depend on religion or even recommend patients pray about their crisis - that job is for the pastors, imams, No wonder Nigeria doesn't progress- afterall someday God will come give us electricity, change the hearts of our leaders [ Dream on], cut down cultism, terrorism, robbery, corruption, unemployment, bad roads, etc.
Pray in your homes and hearts, don't force your religion on others.
End of rant

Indeed!

logica:

They must have insulted an MOG (man-of-God).

Even if they did that doesn't mean your child should die--that's like saying if I insult or shove a nun then my child falls sick it is because of what happened tongue
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Even if they did that doesn't mean your child should die--that's like saying if I insult or shove a nun then my child falls sick it is because of what happened tongue

Ha see this one. It's that serious o. Don't u know our God is a God of vengeance? Check how many cities he wiped out in the Bible alone. You better be careful.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
logica:

Ha see this one. It's that serious o. Don't u know our God is a God of vengeance? Check how many cities he wiped out in the Bible alone. You better be careful.

Oh please! I have a nun in my family and I wouldn't hesistate to curse her out if she ever decided to talk out the side of her neck to me! This God of yours, it is the same God who watches as innocent people die and guily people roam the Earth as though they haven't the slightest care in the world?
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Oh please! I have a nun in my family and I wouldn't hesistate to curse her out if she ever decided to talk out the side of her neck to me! This God of yours, it is the same God who watches as innocent people die and guily people roam the Earth as though they haven't the slightest care in the world?
They must have offended God. I watched a documentary on CNN today on how Africans trying to cross into Israel thru Egypt die like chickens. Their obvious offense is trying to get into Israel (God's land) to corrupt God's people. They never received permission from God. So they die. Many had their organs harvested. You better be careful lest God gets angry with you and your organs get harvested. Fear God!
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
logica:

They must have offended God. I watched a documentary on CNN today on how Africans trying to cross into Israel thru Egypt die like chickens. Their obvious offense is trying to get into Israel (God's land) to corrupt God's people. They never received permission from God. So they die. Many had their organs harvested. You better be careful lest God gets angry with you and your organs get harvested. Fear God!

Smh, are you done with your preaching? Anyway, I have nothing to fear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Smh, are you done with your preaching? Anyway, I have nothing to fear.

You have been warned. You better watch your back. God is very angry these days. You are "inked" meaning tattooed right? If you don't want funny tattoos like the guy in the movie "Beastly" mysteriously appearing on you, you better beg God.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by InkedNerd(f): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2011
logica:

You have been warned. You better watch your back. God is very angry these days. You are "inked" meaning tattooed right? If you don't want funny tattoos like the guy in the movie "Beastly" mysteriously appearing on you, you better beg God.

Ok, thanks for the rantings. I don hear. I'll "watch my back" since apparently you speak for God tongue
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by nsidear: 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
Who is this idiotic person called Bootyonme? Is he Christian, Muslim or pagan. Can you imagine what he is saying. I pray the wrath of God not come upon you. Blasphemy is what people don't know its moral implication. What has the ladies face or look to do with profession, as a Christian, calling on the name of Jesus is very important. Even the bible says that at the mention of that name, every knee shall bow. why don't people address issues and not shadows. Most people need to grow up.
Re: Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! by logica(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
nsidear:

Even the bible says that at the mention of that name, every knee shall bow.
She better start shouting "Jesus" again. Let's see how many knees bow and tongues confess so that she can get her license back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Protocols And Restrictions / What Is The English Name Of The Disease "pajapaja" / How Effective Is Nicosan For The Treatment Of Sickle Cell ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.