Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B (20215 Views)

Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? / Ruling On Woman Refusing Sexual Intercourse With Her Husband / Can I Have Intercourse With The Woman I Illegally Impregnated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by akinsmail51: 7:50pm On Jan 18
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about a man who is able to stay away from his wife for one or two months, and does not have intercourse with her: is there any sin on him or not? Is the husband required to do that?

He replied:

It is obligatory for the man to have intercourse with his wife on a reasonable basis, and this is one of the most important rights that she has over him; it is more important than feeding her.

With regard to obligatory intercourse, according to one view, it is obligatory (at least) once every four months; according to another view, it should be according to her need and his ability, just as he should feed her according to her need and his ability.

The latter is the more correct of the two opinions.

End quote from Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa (32/271).

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

If a man shuns his wife for more than three months, if that is because of defiant disobedience on her part, i.e., the wife is disobeying her husband with regard to marital rights that are obligatory upon her, and she has persisted in that after he has admonished her and reminded her to fear Allah, may He be exalted, and he has reminded her of her obligatory duties towards her husband, then he may forsake her in bed for as long as he wants, so as to discipline her until she willingly fulfils her husband’s rights.

But with regard to the husband forsaking his wife in bed for more than four months, so as to cause her harm without any shortcoming on her part with regard to her husband’s rights, then in this case he is like one who swore an oath (called eela’) not to have sexual relations with his wife (see al-Baqarah 2:226), even if he did not actually swear an oath to that effect.

He is to be given a deadline equal to the time of eela’ (which is four months), then when four months have passed, if he does not come back to his wife and have intercourse with her in the vagina, when he is able to do so, if she is not menstruating or bleeding following childbirth, then he is to be ordered to issue a divorce.

If he refuses to go back to his wife and he refuses to issue a divorce, then the qaadi may issue a ruling of divorce or annul the marriage, if the wife requests that.

End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa’imah no. 20443.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by CareerDiscovery: 11:26am On May 03
Nothing but the truth.

9 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by Costlump: 11:38am On May 03
Islam is a perfect religion. It strike balances in everything

20 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by sirjoggy(m): 11:40am On May 03
Islam my religion

7 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by hopexter(m): 11:46am On May 03
Costlump:
Islam is a perfect religion. It strike balances in everything

Then what about the Islamists that follow the religion? Are they perfect follower of the religion too? undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:48am On May 03
Some of us commit sins without even knowing it

3 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by reccy(m): 12:19pm On May 03
May Allah guides us and forgives our shortcomings.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by Crucialgem(m): 12:24pm On May 03
I am proud to be a Muslim haters should kiss my ass

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by teniboss(m): 12:24pm On May 03
Trust is, Islam as a religion is perfect, but same can not be said of Muslims, and this is so bcuz we’re just but humans…..so when a Muslim does something wrong, blame it on him not the religion
hopexter:

Then what about the Islamists that follow the religion? Are they perfect follower of the religion too? undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by goshee: 12:46pm On May 03
Crucialgem:
I am proud to be a Muslim haters should kiss my ass
Religion in its entirety is a scam. The only people who take religion seriously are fools.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by oyeb15: 1:41pm On May 03
It's not food abeg. Performing obligation and littering the community with future terrorists, bandits or almagiri.

I propose castration for irresponsible men with more that two children.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by aestake: 1:44pm On May 03
goshee:
Religion in its entirety is a scam. The only people who take religion seriously are fools.
I concur.

1 Like

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by Crucialgem(m): 2:35pm On May 03
goshee:

You are entitled to your opinion bro so stick with it if that's what you understand, but as for me I have a religion and I choose Islam go hug a tree if you not satisfied

3 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by FIRDAUS3(m): 2:58pm On May 03
Alhamdulilah.... i am proud of been a conscious Muslim.

Shukron LiLah

4 Likes

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by KayB: 5:07pm On May 03
hopexter:

Will you and your dumb cohorts face your dirty doctrine rather than interfering in what Allah has perfected. Your G.Os are waiting for you all

1 Like

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by Kelklein(m): 6:01pm On May 03
As a doctor, I can tell you for free that women, esp matured and married have sexual needs at least during their ovulation phase which happens every month for a period of 4-6 days.. the layman way of calculating this period is by counting 10 days after the start of her period..

As nature would have it, this is the period when she's most fertile and sexually needy.. it's important for every man to understand this..

As a husband, you would observe that she's more receptive and less resistive during this period... EVERY MONTH!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by Expanse2020(m): 9:34pm On May 03
oyeb15:
It's not food abeg. Performing obligation and littering the community with future terrorists, bandits or almagiri.

I propose castration for irresponsible men with more that two children.

If your papa had stop at 2 you and your other siblings will not be available today ....
Think twice before you open the mouth and typed rubbished
Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by hopexter(m): 6:24am On May 04
KayB:

Will you and your dumb cohorts face your dirty doctrine rather than interfering in what Allah has perfected. Your G.Os are waiting for you all

Another Islamist here with his hate speech 🤮

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by KayB: 10:28am On May 05
hopexter:

Another Islamist here with his hate speech 🤮
It is obvious you are trespassing and you lied just like pastors to make comments on this thread because there's a restriction on this particular thread.
We know the beauty of Islam so we care less of your dirty, unstructured doctrines but you people always create aggression to taint a perfect religion.
Go and check and think why Europeans are reverting to ISLAM and mosque springing up all over. Your shallowed and myopia orientation won't let you.
Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by hopexter(m): 10:40am On May 05
KayB:

It is obvious you are trespassing and you lied just like pastors to make comments on this thread because there's a restriction on this particular thread.
We know the beauty of Islam so we care less of your dirty, unstructured doctrines but you people always create aggression to taint a perfect religion.
Go and check and think why Europeans are reverting to ISLAM and mosque springing up all over. Your shallowed and myopia orientation won't let you.

Just imagine your lame response. You should Purge yourself from this your inbuilt bitterness and evil mindedness that drive you lots to kill and commit all sorts of evil. Mosque Springing up all over lol. Nobody wants anything to do with you alot anymore. Don’t you watch News, you day dreamer?😂😂
Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by KayB: 11:46am On May 05
hopexter:

Just imagine your lame response. You should Purge yourself from this your inbuilt bitterness and evil mindedness that drive you lots to kill and commit all sorts of evil. Mosque Springing up all over lol. Nobody wants anything to do with you alot anymore. Don’t you watch News, you day dreamer?😂😂
Obviously, nairaland is your worship place even on a Sunday. You are jobless and misled just like your past generations.
Re: It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B by hopexter(m): 12:12pm On May 05
KayB:

Obviously, nairaland is your worship place even on a Sunday. You are jobless and misled just like your past generations.

So if you had replied on Friday, Nairaland would have been your worship place isn’t it? Which is why you chose to reply on Sunday. Hypocrite!

It is obviously your generation who was misled to believe there are 7 virgins waiting for them after KILLING someone. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Zakat Calculation / How Do Muslims Welcome New Babies? 8 Common Islamic Birth Rites / Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.