Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,691 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) (45904 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) / See The New Look Of Enugu-onitsha Road Being Constructed By Buhari(photos) / Enugu—Port Harcourt Expressway Being Constructed With The Sukuk Bond (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21
Anambra1stSonTV:

Ignorant mind hyping Otti for 6.7km of road comparing to Gov Soludo constructing 400km of roads, this is how you guys are being fooled

Otti is doing other roads too.
Many have been completed
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21
flokii:
You sure say na Julius Berger dey do am?.. not Julius Okezie cheesy

Painment.
You no see their logo there ?
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Aquila99: 12:55pm On Jan 21
Jeyun:
shut up that gutter u called mouth if u no know wetin to talk.

Try harder you still can't find anything to tarnish his name.
Werey.

But he is not lying, ngige built d best roads in anambra, they are still standing today. All of Obi's are washed out..
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21
garfield1:

But higher than the road being constructed.the road might turn gutter later
So you know more than JB right? Don't you know the road will be filled, even to the drainage level?
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Ngorbungor(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21
Ubanz:
Hopeless Uzodinma will not see this one. He will turn his eyes the other way.

Very disappointing hearing that name

1 Like

Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Ngorbungor(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21
ThirdWorldThug:

I agree with you in all your previous comments, but not this. Soludo is not the worst in the east currently: Enugu State has a governor who is doing nada, which is why the state no longer features in any discussion about development in the Southeast. Soludo might not be the revolutionary solution he campaigned to be, but he's doing something. Peter Mba is doing nothing but wear blue suit like a corporate monkey and mix Igbo with English like a badly educated village champion.
Peter Mba is currently the worst governor in the Southeast.

No you are wrong, it's my governor and his name is Hopelessness
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by HIPROFILE(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21
Jeezuzpick:

Nice write-up, but you need to have gone to Aba to understand that what they need most is roads. Electricity comes second.

After that, leave them and see wonders.

I'm a Yoruba man who's lived and worked in Aba, so it's not about tribe here.

Give them good roads and constant power.

You are right bro and I think Abia for once is set on the pathway of mega prosperity if only Otti sustains his works so far.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Udopasa: 1:18pm On Jan 21
Anambra1stSonTV:

Gov Soludo is doing great and best governor in Southeast constructing 400km of roads across the state, please can you mention how many km of roads Otti has constructed
how long is this KMs of roads taking him? The man is even shameless going about during the festive season commissioning road and infrastructural projects built by private individuals cos he doesn't have any to his name.

Soludo is a huge mistake!
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by IgboSomalia: 1:25pm On Jan 21
ThirdWorldThug:
Enugu State has totally disappeared from every discussion relating to infrastructural and human capital development in the Southeast. We now have a governor who has done literally nothing and is showing no willingness to do anything since his ascension to power eight months ago.

Was it not Enugu that people collected jollof rice and okpa to vote Mbah?
Enjoy your Mbah.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Ngorbungor(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21
StarRida:
The only working Governor every day I wake up I always pray for that INEC official who stood her ground and refused every bride offered her that kind of woman should be celebrated I pray for God's blessings and protection to always abide with her and her households in Jesus name.....Amen

Seriously he is, I was in Aba this Xmas and I can't believe my eyes, from Umuahia to Osisioma is one of the sweetest road in Nigeria, I saw men and women as early as 6am cleaning the street of Aba, street roads are being reconstructed and some have been commissioned while some still ongoing and more being awarded. If Otti can do this in less than 10 months Aba will be something else in 4years .

1 Like

Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by IgboSomalia: 1:27pm On Jan 21
Anambra1stSonTV:

See why I said common sense is far from you guys, Abia is not financial stable with so many deplorable roads, if not foolishness you borrowed #117billion and using #30 billion to construct 6.7km, he want to rub shoulder with Rivers and Akwa Ibom that their monthly federal allocation is almost equivalent to Abia total allocation in a year, that road can be done by another reputable company with far less amount so far you give them standard and monitor them, but most of you are dumbo to understand, Onitsha-Asaba 10 lanes was constructed by IDC after how many years it was constructed, the road is still intact not minding it one of the busiest roads in Nigeria

Tell that guy that the Asaba and Onitsha access roads to the 2nd Niger bridge is more than 10km combined. The FG did it for about 15Billion. Maybe it is the exchange rate that made Otti use 20B for less than 7km.

Otti is doing great but he needs to be careful so he doesn't make financial mistakes. Make he try balance fantastic work with prudence.

1 Like

Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Ngorbungor(m): 1:37pm On Jan 21
Please you guy should stop comparing road projects do 5-10year back with the current state of our Naira. How can you compare 10b of 5-20 years ago to 30b of 2024?

Are we sure we are ok in this country.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Originalsly: 1:49pm On Jan 21
Good drainage .... the problem will be will there be a system in place to have it serve its purpose? ... or will it be left at the mercy of the public to use as a dumping area or if covered throughout ... not be cleaned and left to silt up? Maintenance is kept to the long term success of this project.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by RichDaniels: 1:51pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
Julius Berger has a standard and consistently maintains it. The company does not accept "wayo" contracts. You can't embezzle billions of Naira for road construction and tell JB to do a cheap construction job for you. That's why many governors avoid JB and use other companies to build roads that fade away within their tenures.

JB uses high quality construction to protect its name. Go and see Akwa Ibom roads built by JB. I heard JB builds a free solid-and-ultramodern house as an appreciation for anybody that gives JB a reasonable contract in his or her state.

Stop talking nonsense when you do not know what's going on. The only road being constructed by JB in Abia is Port-Harcourt road. This is main Park being constructed by Noah constructors, a local construction company in Aba. That's how you'd sell off the small company's good work to JB because of your ignorance.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by fashrola(m): 1:51pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
Julius Berger has a standard and consistently maintains it. The company does not accept "wayo" contracts. You can't embezzle billions of Naira for road construction and tell JB to do a cheap construction job for you. That's why many governors avoid JB and use other companies to build roads that fade away within their tenures.

JB uses high quality construction to protect its name. Go and see Akwa Ibom roads built by JB. I heard JB builds a free solid-and-ultramodern house as an appreciation for anybody that gives JB a reasonable contract in his or her state.

Yeah sure they did that for Godswil Akpabio
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by RichDaniels: 1:54pm On Jan 21
Bulldozer90:
Good for him. Julius Berger and RCC are the best. Ngige will never be forgotten in Anambra for doing what he did in Anambra with RCC. Obi was the worst. Soludo is doing well but can still do better(in roads).

Do you think people are stupid. I can bet it that you haven't even crossed the Niger bridge not to talk of lived in Anambra, Obi was the worse, ye ye ye 🤣, what projects did Ngige do? Please, mention one. You'd hurriedly go and browse online just to keep up your point. Obi was and is still the best governor to rule Anambra, go and confirm!
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21
RichDaniels:
Stop talking nonsense when you do not know what's going on. The only road being constructed by JB in Abia is Port-Harcourt road. This is main Park being constructed by Noah constructors, a local construction company in Aba. That's how you'd sell off the small company's good work to JB because of your ignorance.
The post, as at the time I wrote the comment, credited the work to Julius Berger. You can even see Julius Berger mentioned in other comments. The post has been edited, even the caption. Sadly, Nairaland does not have edit history like Facebook does.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by alobright17(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:

Even Abuja roads are example of JB's quality roads.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by alobright17(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21
garfield1:

But higher than the road being constructed.the road might turn gutter later
who told you? Abi na JB company you want to teach construction work now ?
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by funshint(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21
SmartPolician:
There are certain construction companies that have made good impression over time in this country:

1. Julius Berger
2. Arab Contractors
3. Setraco
4. China Civil Engr. Construction Corp.
5. Craneburg

If project komot for these companies hand, anything you see, take am.
Also add HiTech to that list. Their projects are top notch.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by tvafrique: 2:17pm On Jan 21
All you need to know about Dangote Refinery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oIZNdpQ7g

Follow TV Afrique for more video
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by funshint(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
The post, as at the time I wrote the comment, credited the work to Julius Berger. You can even see Julius Berger mentioned in other comments. The post has been edited, even the caption. Sadly, Nairaland does not have edit history like Facebook does.
You can still modify your comment. It terrible when you attribute someone else work to another. Even you too won't accept that.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21
funshint:

You can still modify your comment. It terrible when you attribute someone else work to another. Even you too won't accept that.
I just want you to understand that my comment is in line with the original post. I am not condemning your reaction to my comment. Your reaction is justified by the edited version of the post. But I won't modify the comment because the comment is mainly about JB, not a confirmation of the contractor handling the work shown in the post. I, in the comment, didn't mention Abia or the drainage.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Justiceleague1: 2:30pm On Jan 21
IgboSomalia:

Tell that guy that the Asaba and Onitsha access roads to the 2nd Niger bridge is more than 10km combined. The FG did it for about 15Billion. Maybe it is the exchange rate that made Otti use 20B for less than 7km.

Otti is doing great but he needs to be careful so he doesn't make financial mistakes. Make he try balance fantastic work with prudence.
Self appointed special adviser for Igbo affairs grin grin grin
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by funshint(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
I just want you to understand that my comment is in line with the original post. I am not condemning your reaction to my comment. Your reaction is justified by the edited version of the post. But I won't modify the comment because the comment is mainly about JB, not a confirmation of the contractor handling the work shown in the post. I, in the comment, didn't mention Abia or the drainage.
Even though you didn't mention the company but I think it's best you clarify the misconception it has generated. If you can take so much energy to snap and paste those pictures, it won't cost you anything to let us know the company handling that project.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by immortalcrown(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21
funshint:

Even though you didn't mention the company but I think it's best you clarify the misconception it has generated. If you can take so much energy to snap and paste those pictures, it won't cost you anything to let us know the company handling that project.
I have already clarified it to you. It was your response that made me notice the post has been edited. I am not the one who credited JB for the job. No part of my comment says the ongoing work is handled by JB. If you want to scapegoat me, suit yourself.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by IgboSomalia: 2:43pm On Jan 21
Justiceleague1:

Self appointed special adviser for Igbo affairs grin grin grin

Yesso
Those who are celebrating ordinary gutter need advisers since they have never tasted good governance in their lives.

Those who are insulting monorails and celebrating gutters lack the ability to elect forward-thinking leaders since they don't like good things.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Justiceleague1: 2:45pm On Jan 21
IgboSomalia IGBOSULAIMAN grin grin grin:

Yesso
Those who are celebrating ordinary gutter need advisers since they have never tasted good governance in their lives.

Those who are insulting monorails and celebrating gutters lack the ability to elect forward-thinking leaders since they don't like good things.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by Masterchef(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21
Workch:
This is going to last.

Any reason?
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by MrSly(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21
Bulldozer90:
Good for him. Julius Berger and RCC are the best. Ngige will never be forgotten in Anambra for doing what he did in Anambra with RCC. Obi was the worst. Soludo is doing well but can still do better(in roads).

You see. You can call night day and day night as long as it makes you feel okay.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by paramakina202: 2:56pm On Jan 21
Anambra1stSonTV:

Ignorant mind Otti is wasting #30 billion on 6.7 km with no bridge

It is no where close to what previous governors looted from the state with nothing to show for it.
It is never a waste and please mind your state.
Re: Quality Of Drianages Being Constructed In Aba (Pictures) by keymatt(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21
Nice one from our Labour Gov. This is how good road and drainage systems are done.
I'm currently in Jos and I noticed Gov Mutfwang is also doing a similar thing in Plateau state. Kudos to them both cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olusegun Agagu's Son Survived Plane Crash / Why Underage Persons Were Registered In The North – INEC's Director, Osaze-Uzzi / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.