Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment (52645 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Warrior99: 8:59pm On Jan 21
tishbite43:
Yorubas killing Yorubas
You are a FOOL!

4 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by money121(m): 8:59pm On Jan 21
Arrested
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Donaldoni: 8:59pm On Jan 21
embarassed
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Mentcee(m): 8:59pm On Jan 21
Hmmm
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Hassanmaye(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/16/breaking-nigerian-female-soldier-who-complained-about-sexual-harassment-senior-military

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7968292/female-army-officer-ogunleye-ruth
She made a mistake, once you joined the Nigeria army your freedom is gone, she already knows her live is in danger ⚡

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by BobbieZion(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21
Sccarrr:
I can see people already jumping into conclusion as usual...make una dey chill😂

Nothing like jump into conclusion.

Most of our uniform Men are very immoral without decency.

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by wizelink(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21
This is not good for a young lady. Na so the so called senior men dey create monster tormenting Nigerians. Some of these terror people na uniformed people who were not treated well by their seniors or group and later on dismissed from the service.

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Brendaniel: 9:01pm On Jan 21
DenreleDave:
Disorganised military..

One reason I don't have any interest in it again.. So disorganised and lawless

And who were the people that disorganised it? the same evil government you support....

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21
The army should rather clean itself up after internal investigation.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Donake: 9:02pm On Jan 21
These acts is the singular reason Igbos have limited interest joining security agencies during recruitment process. The hierarchy is contaminated with animal shit.

She would be prosecuted and persecuted beyond reasonable doubt, quoting rules within the forces against such acts, when they would ignore the fact she could have complained via various avenues and they think this is good for the army.

Ladies would definitely be discouraged joining the army because of these acts.

Dont come to tell me its worldwide. Nigeria is lawless except they want to twist the rules as to suit ogas and elite officers.

7 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by revolt(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21
The truth is ...the army isn't for sane people. You're expecting a bunch of blood thirsty killers to act proper. Also... who speaks for the thousands of men continously whipped and locked up in guard rooms hung and tortured for making little mistakes. The army is not where you act proper. They are killers. So what do you think molestation means to them.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Seunpapa65: 9:04pm On Jan 21
I don tire for Nigeria matter
The soldier that was asking her this might get 3 wives for house fear Hausa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Tijani009: 9:04pm On Jan 21
She would have gone to berekete family to tender a formal complaint she would have been protected too from their
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by MrAgbako: 9:04pm On Jan 21
tishbite43:
Yorubas killing Yorubas
is that is why "they" (Enugu government) destroyed hardworking people's home in Enugu?😂

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by DenreleDave(m): 9:04pm On Jan 21
Brendaniel:

And who were the people that disorganised it? the same evil government you support....

EFhead... So b4 apc came into power. Military wasn't disorganised...

Cry bitter cry till eternity grin grin

On obi blokos u stand grin grin
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by badoh(m): 9:05pm On Jan 21
DenreleDave:
Disorganised military..

One reason I don't have any interest in it again.. So disorganised and lawless

If she never spoke out, they would still be oppressing her... Now she tried her best to complain but they would block her....

Na now army spokeman dey talk say she didn't communicate to them.. Why would she when you people won't do anytin.

I advise everyone should always speak up on the social media if you are being oppressed by anyone above you
People should not conclude yet that they want to punish her. They might need her to buttress her story in the presence of a panel before taking a decision.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by InvertedHammer: 9:05pm On Jan 21
/
Was she arrested or she was moved to Abuja to protect her pending further investigations?

I believe that's the best thing to protect her. There is no need to raise false alarms.

/
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Jbleenk: 9:05pm On Jan 21
I am very sure this lady’s issue is more of a mental instability than any other thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Sccarrr: 9:05pm On Jan 21
BobbieZion:

Nothing like jump into conclusion.

Most of our uniform Men are very immoral without decency.
so u suggest they shouldn't investigate and just proclaim them guilty..but if na one random lady call a man out for rape ish,same u go talk she's probably lying .😏
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ekelebeXstunner: 9:05pm On Jan 21
I will never take Sahara Reporters serious. Tabloid news oshi.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by chidiakwari: 9:06pm On Jan 21
Corrupt people.

Nigerians will continue to suffer for being cowards.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by oneman2k7: 9:06pm On Jan 21
Q
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by gragz8701: 9:06pm On Jan 21
All I can say for now is that our youths should try as much as possible to stay away from hard drugs.

Media judgement plus the gender card are not admissible objective evidence in a court marshal
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by victorVIC1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 21
Funny enough, her case crossed my mind this morning and I was hoping they've not thrown her under the bus. Unfortunately, that is the reality. I hope this issue is amplified on social media so Nigerian Army keeps in mind that it's a subject of interest
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by BadMaster: 9:07pm On Jan 21
She should use this opportunity to seek for asylum in countries like Canada or US. I believe she would be granted.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by oluwaahmed: 9:07pm On Jan 21
I think the only mistake she made was not reporting it to the MP, then if they did nothing she would have come out to cry on social media. Most of those hausa officers have very low self-esteem and exposure. A southerner go typically whine her for claw or she go feel him stizz tender kpekus. But because dis aboki officers no get game na to oppress and rape. Very shameful

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Awesome01(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21
God1000:
This is serious

Why arresting her, I guess because she opened the Pandora box

Na wa o
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by galantjoe(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21
This woman is a goner
Army is highly organized institution. She should have resigned if all her effort to report this thru correct channels failed
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by WayStage(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21
MrAgbako:
They simply wanna ask her to bring evidence that she doesn't have 😂
Deep
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by bentenny(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21
This doesn't only happen in the military but widespread in security agencies!
That has always been the norm...she is only speaking up because she is different from most of the females there who don't mind but happily accept the advances of those randy officers!
Trust me nothing will happen to those whom she mentioned!
Zero accountability!
They will likely let her quit with some compensation!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / Salary Structure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.