Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,331 members, 7,836,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment (52644 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Honestey: 9:11pm On Jan 21
Complaint about sexual harassment isn't a crime, doing so through the wrong channel is an offense. Fortunately not a capital offense so expect her to be out of the hook after a week of punishment
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Kokomaster69: 9:11pm On Jan 21
She will never get justice in a country called Nigeria. I really commend her courage for speaking out irrespective of the consequences of her action. That's what's going on in all government and private institutions in Nigeria.
I pray for her safety.

What pains me most is that Nigeria is always recording all time low everyday.
Nigeria otilor

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by EEIA: 9:13pm On Jan 21
santaclaws:
Not surprised... I believe she'll resign eventually, but it's far better than being under the control of toxic military officials.

You can't just resign in the military.

Its complicated. Your resignation can be rejected. I know two people personally who's resignations were not granted and they went AWOL. They were arrested locked up for months, court martialed after that and dismissed. No entitlements, nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Shedrack777: 9:13pm On Jan 21
atiku4President:
Hope nothing bad happens yo her for speaking out. How could she have related to the appropriate authority when they will always tell you to "Obey the last orde"
if she doesn't want to be harassed sexually she shouldn't have joined the army. Ladies in the force are for the ogas at the top

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Franky9584(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21
Justice!
Justice!!
Justice!!!
That's all I can say
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Erastuslove: 9:17pm On Jan 21
She just wanted the system to be overhaul that's a good idea shocked

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Robinmido(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21
Must you tell everybody that you're not well trained at home?
Northernblood8:
What is the loud mouth Yoruba woman doing in the land of predators?
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by MuslimIgbo: 9:20pm On Jan 21
Walai:
She dey hot soup like this
Or deh
No be only hot soup, na cold tuwo

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ConfidentialDoc: 9:21pm On Jan 21
These guys are not just soldiers but consultant medical doctors.
They should stop oppressing her and pay her arrears. Then discharge her from the military.

I don't see her winning these guys

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by atiku4President(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21
Shedrack777:
if she doesn't want to be harassed sexually she shouldn't have joined the army. Ladies in the force are for the ogas at the top
That's despicable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by bigiyaro(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21
If you have your own mind and it's functional, stay away from the Nigerian armed forces. Ask cute abiola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by izubext007: 9:24pm On Jan 21
May God see 👁️👁️ her through
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Vic74real: 9:25pm On Jan 21
Useless officers.all they know is knack.common Fulani bandits everywhere,they can't fight

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:26pm On Jan 21
DenreleDave:
Disorganised military..

One reason I don't have any interest in it again.. So disorganised and lawless

If she never spoke out, they would still be oppressing her... Now she tried her best to complain but they would block her....

Na now army spokeman dey talk say she didn't communicate to them.. Why would she when you people won't do anytin.

I advise everyone should always speak up on the social media if you are being oppressed by anyone above you
She complained.The officers asked her to obey the last order.(Hookup)

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Alliswell248: 9:27pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

U must always show your primitive mind.

Backward mind.

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21
ConfidentialDoc:
These guys are not just soldiers but consultant medical doctors.
They should stop oppressing her and pay her arrears. Then discharge her from the military.

I don't see her winning these guys
Are the officers the owner of the force?Are they not also employees?

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by holaralph(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21
That is normal in any force in location 419 called Liegeria. Don't be surprise if others started coming out. Liegeria forcemen are worst than street urchins and touts
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by gragz8701: 9:29pm On Jan 21
Jbleenk:
I am very sure this lady’s issue is more of a mental instability than any other thing.

Yes it is a mental issue. But she played the gender card plus media judgement and Nairalanders fell for it.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by yewit37486: 9:30pm On Jan 21
maasoap:
Yep. If you knew the his history of the Nigeria's military, you would have seen it coming. Though, I don't know if it is like that in other countries too.

It is the same in the British Army, several women have committed suicide in recent times and a number have started speaking out now about sexual harassment and rape. Power is power, man is man.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/24/it-was-a-hunting-ground-women-and-sexual-assault-in-the-uk-armed-forces
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21
Shedrack777:
Will the officers allow their sisters to be sexually harassed at their work?Are they not married?

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ConfidentialDoc: 9:31pm On Jan 21
Chicagograduate:
Are the officers the owner of the force?Are they not also employees?

Military is like a cult.
She can't take on senior members from her level. For that she must have a powerful back up.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by GUNITGuy: 9:32pm On Jan 21
Kokomaster69:

She will never get justice in a country called Nigeria. I really commend her courage for speaking out irrespective of the consequences of her action. That's what's going on in all government and private institutions in Nigeria.
I pray for her safety.

What pains me most is that Nigeria is always recording all time low everyday.
Nigeria otilor
It's not only in the Military....It's going on in almost all sectors in Nigeria.....A system of oppression
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Ironbull: 9:34pm On Jan 21
I said it, the best she should have done is to quit the army orelse she will suffers with no one to rescue her.

A friend who was a Lt Col had issue with a Brig General which in sane clime the General was totally at fault but to cut the story short he ended up on compulsory retirement, on 3 occasion he was denied promotion to full colonel and those who are familiar with army arrangement will understand me better.

This lady would have quit the force and go for human right to fight her case.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ambale(m): 9:35pm On Jan 21
Our security architecture is all shitty but this oga on top will never do anything to cleanse themselves instead they would cover up their own

The government really needs to put light into these agencies, so many corrupt practices even amongst them, that's why they've been failing all wars back to back
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by favour32(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
Seun Osewa don suffer for una hand.
Upon how that man don shout taya... Una still dey the game.

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by joseph1832(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21
Good. Very good.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Realinfo2021: 9:39pm On Jan 21
atiku4President:
Hope nothing bad happens yo her for speaking out. How could she have related to the appropriate authority when they will always tell you to "Obey the last orde"
wetin pain say she no even fine
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21
Jbleenk:
I am very sure this lady’s issue is more of a mental instability than any other thing.
She went through the recruitment process.Her mental health was examined and she was certified ok to join the army.Otherwise,she would not have been recruited.Why was she locked up in a guard room?Why was her salary Frozen?Is that how to treat someone with mental issue?

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21
Realinfo2021:
wetin pain say she no even fine
She never package.She fit get curves wey dey make those officers kolo.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Yankee101: 9:43pm On Jan 21
Tinubu
Lagbaja
Gbajabiamila

Make sure nothing happens to this young guest before another end SARS happens

Have the officers been investigated? Arrested and flown to Abuja also?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Ibusho: 9:43pm On Jan 21
False Allegation is real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / Salary Structure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.