Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment (52642 Views)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21
ConfidentialDoc:

Military is like a cult.
She can't take on senior members from her level. For that she must have a powerful back up.
They claimed the army is a disciplined force.Is that one disciplined?

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Wuless82(m): 9:44pm On Jan 21
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/16/breaking-nigerian-female-soldier-who-complained-about-sexual-harassment-senior-military

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7968292/female-army-officer-ogunleye-ruth

I commented on this post last time that instead of this lady getting justice, she will be punish rather. Nigeria my country, it's well with common people in the society
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by ConfidentialDoc: 9:46pm On Jan 21
Chicagograduate:
They claimed the army is a disciplined force.Is that one disciplined?

Bad eggs everywhere....
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Ngozi123(f): 9:47pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
What is the loud mouth Yoruba woman doing in the land of predators?
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

This has nothing to do with tribe. She most likely was not amongst those who laughed at the situation in Obigbo but even if she was, that does not excuse what has happened to her.

I hope she gets justice.

4 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:47pm On Jan 21
galantjoe:
This woman is a goner
Army is highly organized institution. She should have resigned if all her effort to report this thru correct channels failed
She is not an arsenal fan.She didn't commit a crime

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Jossibest(m): 9:48pm On Jan 21
Nothing good in Nigeria news

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Kennyswag: 9:50pm On Jan 21
Stupid abokis dey find free toto. What happened to your fellow aboki women toto?

3 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Realinfo2021: 9:52pm On Jan 21
Chicagograduate:
She never package.She fit get curves wey dey make those officers kolo.
I tire woo,some people.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Fcwilly: 9:54pm On Jan 21
It's normal for her to be arrested, because she did not pass through the due process in laying her complaint but then she will be released because the issue has gone out of hand already, but I don't know if she will still be in service.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Brendaniel: 9:55pm On Jan 21
DenreleDave:

EFhead... So b4 apc came into power. Military wasn't disorganised...

Cry bitter cry till eternity grin grin

On obi blokos u stand grin grin

So if you knew the military was disorganized before APC came into power, why were you then interested in a disorganized military?

Are you sure you know what you want in life?
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Adeneeyee84: 9:55pm On Jan 21
This same Edo Army lady that was accusing the number 1 citizen of Lagos state Gov. Babajide Sanwo-olu of been a bloody civilian for correcting and arresting a soldier that took a one way against traffic... She no longer come on tiktok this days again, probably her phone must have been seized by the military... though she's fighting a right course this time around....
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by spacechuks(m): 10:00pm On Jan 21
The female gender last resort is to use their sex organs to blackmail the innocent,

It happens in all organisation, when they begin to get query from their boss as a result of poor performance or attitude, the female gender will resort to avenues to claim sexual harassment,

Investigate this girl very well, she might just be using her sex organ to garner sympathy and free herself from difficult boss in her office
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sparko1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21
MyExpression:
It's already too late for that.

Interested parties should involve Human Rights and Int'l Pro-women groups to intervene on her behalf.

The lady is suffering...she no wan do again.
Let her go in peace.

She not a civilian, human rights can't do anything.

She should have used the proper channel.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Countersam(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21
God1000:
This is serious

Why arresting her, I guess because she opened the Pandora box

According to Army ethics it's wrong for her to go public like this. It's almost like a treasonable offense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by amaridigital(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21
InvertedHammer:
/
Was she arrested or she was moved to Abuja to protect her pending further investigations?

I believe that's the best thing to protect her. There is no need to raise false alarms.

/

Hope they are not going to give her the king David treatment in Abuja by sending her to the kidnappers jungle? I heard thousands of kidnappers are now in the Abuja forest.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by flokii: 10:12pm On Jan 21
They should carry out proper investigation
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by PastorOku: 10:13pm On Jan 21
atiku4President:
Hope nothing bad happens yo her for speaking out. How could she have related to the appropriate authority when they will always tell you to "Obey the last orde"

You don't know military. You will think there is enjoyment in that uniform until you try it.
Jejely dey enjoy your civilian life.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Johilo(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21
She no gree for anybody
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by PastorOku: 10:16pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
She may be among those that laughed at Igbo women of Obigbo getting raped in military camps all over Nigeria. What goes round comes around

You are sick and you don't know it.

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by atiku4President(m): 10:17pm On Jan 21
PastorOku:

You don't know military. You will think there is enjoyment in that uniform until you try it.
Jejely dey enjoy your civilian life.

There's enjoyment for some people. I know them reasonably well. It depends on who is backing you and posting. Just like any other Nigeria work.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by eldoradoxx: 10:18pm On Jan 21
There is a Federal Minister for Women Affairs Uju Kennedy. She should be interested in meeting with the Chief of Army not to defend Prof Ndifon of Unical.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Dearlord(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21
She will definitely be raped and humiliated at the HQ if the president didn't interven
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by occfx: 10:20pm On Jan 21
santaclaws:
Not surprised... I believe she'll resign eventually, but it's far better than being under the control of toxic military officials.

Every woman is vulnerable in corrupt country
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Johilo(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21
Bleep the last order.. I swear down had it been my sis, all of 'em will go down....
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sketching: 10:21pm On Jan 21
They would punish her for putting the system on spotlight. Especially as you and I now know her name over this matter.

They might trick her to take a plead deal then use whatever she said in writing against her.

What a shameful thing.

Today is they buried the first female General in Nigeria and I can't help but look at female soldiers from a different perspective.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by aktolly54(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21
Donpuffy:
Why

Anyway, if anything should happen to her, we already know who to hold.
Na so mohbad talk ,now he's dead and what did Nigerian do about it?

1 Like

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by Kay25(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21
Sahara reporter and poor reporting...
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by occfx: 10:22pm On Jan 21
DenreleDave:
Disorganised military..

One reason I don't have any interest in it again.. So disorganised and lawless

If she never spoke out, they would still be oppressing her... Now she tried her best to complain but they would block her....

Na now army spokeman dey talk say she didn't communicate to them.. Why would she when you people won't do anytin.

I advise everyone should always speak up on the social media if you are being oppressed by anyone above you

Social media is the only hope of the common man

2 Likes

Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by MyExpression(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21
sparko1:

She not a civilian, human rights can't do anything.

She should have used the proper channel.

She's a human- first, before any other affiliations.

Human right should be the last port of call.
If human right fails her, then the world has failed her.

We were born free. There's no slave in Nigeria.
No matter what the military contract says, it cannot force someone to SERVE in the military.
If she's fed up...and y'all think she went thru the wrong channel, use your wisdom and decide how to adjudicate the matter.

Does an employer force you to continue to work after you've resigned?!
Her morale is low.

Do to her whatever you like...just let her go eventually.

She'll take all your punishment for the while, but she's not interested in working for you again.
...so the lesson they're trying to teach her is just wickedness.

If I were other ladies, I'll delist myself from that kind of association...afterall, joining the military is voluntary.
Since they want proper channel, I'll start now to apply for the resignation thru proper channel.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by sketching: 10:23pm On Jan 21
What a big disgrace
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by superCleanworks(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21
Walai:
She dey hot soup like this

was she in cold soup before?
the young lady is a brave woman and she has decided to fight for herself and you are here talking about hot soup like a typical Nigerian coward.
Re: Female Soldier, Ruth Ogunleye Arrested After Complaining About Sexual Harassment by adamusuleiman2: 10:25pm On Jan 21
Northernblood8:
This Ibo boy always hiding under a northerner's username keeps making tribal posts on thread yet the mods don't do anything.

Seun. Your enforcement are one way only favouring the Ibo tribalists.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.