Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,136 members, 7,842,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria (537 Views)

Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) / Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam / What's Wrong With Naija Politician? Andy Uba Likens Himself To Pope Benedict Xvi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria by Torch1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday appealed for "an end to all violence" in Nigeria after deadly attacks by Islamists claimed at least 150 lives in the North of the country. The attacks on Friday targeted Christian Churches as well as police stations and army base in Damaturu and Maiduguri and two small towns.
"I follow with apprehension the tragic events reported in recent days in Nigeria," the pope said after his weekly Angelus prayer.  "while I pray for the victims, I ask for an end to all violence, which does not resolve problems but increase them, sowing hatred and divisions, even among the faithful," the Pontiff added.
The attacks were among the deadliest ever carried out by Boko haram, an Islamist sect based in the north of Africa's most populous country. Six Churches were bombed in addittion to a police station in a mainly Christian neighbourhood of Damaturu called Jerusalem according to residents. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/pope-urges-end-to-all-violence-in-nigeria/
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria by Torch1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2011
His Holiness! thanks for speaking out, if only Boko boyz will hear your call and stop all these barbaric act b4 things get out of hand.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria by Blackteeth(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
I think a statement by an islamic equivalent of the pope would be more likely to penetrate the ear canals of these men of destruction.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria by Torch1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2011
Blackteeth:

I think a statement by an islamic equivalent of the pope would be more likely to penetrate the ear canals of these men of destruction.
i dnt think they will do so, rather they will blame it on F.G and Politicians.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Urges 'end To All Violence' In Nigeria by icez: 12:40am On Nov 07, 2011
Blackteeth:

right on target.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Vs Nigeria / Adamu Sacks Borno Election Petitions Tribunal / Harrased By Police, Arrested, Slapped By A Female Police And Unlawfully Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.