Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? (13618 Views)

Anthony Joshua Has Tattoo Of Map Of Africa, Nigeria On His Body / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 9:25am On Jan 24
Back here in Cameroon we do admit this is not our greatest squad. We are certainly missing some good finishers like Tchopuo-Moting, Abubakar Vincent and Bryan Mbeumo of Brentford for injury. That said Cameroon's ability to quickly turn things around in the face of threat is its biggest strength.

Take the match against Algeria. A return leg qualifying match to Qatar. Officially out, Cameroon would score at the last minute of prolongation time to seal a Qatar 2022 spot. Needless to mention the Algerians still have not recovered from that defeat. 😅😅 Then again 3-0 down against Burkina Faso during the AFCON classification match in Cameroon last year.

The Indomitable Lions would move to score three goals within 15 minutes to consequently win the third place spot. Most Cameroonians generally accept our team is capable of pulling surprises and offsets even at their worst. In 2010 and 2017 against all odds as outsiders we moved to play the finals against Egypt, consequently clinching our fifth star in the latter.

Despite now being at our weakest 40 years after winning in Cote D'ivoire with a Legendary squad that comprised the likes of Roger Mila, Abega Théophile, Thomas Nkono etc, many Cameroonians are routing for a Déjà Vu at the expense of the Nigerian squad.. 😅Good a thing we finally have the basket Andre Onana at the bench where he truly belongs.😅 I can bet it is a 3-1 on Saturday in favour of the Lions..Where Eagle take power to fight Lion?😅😅

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by chiefolododo(m): 9:37am On Jan 24
You are a Cameroonian?

14 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Samunique(m): 10:29am On Jan 24
The match is very tricky o , but I think somehow, Nigeria is destined to win this cup except the unexpected happens!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Samunique(m): 10:35am On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:
Back here in Cameroon we do admit this is not our greatest squad. We are certainly missing some good finishers like Tchopuo-Moting, Abubakar Vincent and Bryan Mbeumo of Brentford for injury. That said Cameroon's ability to quickly turn things around in the face of threat is its biggest strength.

Take the match against Algeria. A return leg qualifying match to Qatar. Officially out, Cameroon would score at the last minute of prolongation time to seal a Qatar 2022 spot. Needless to mention the Algerians still have not recovered from that defeat. 😅😅 Then again 3-0 down against Burkina Faso during the AFCON classification match in Cameroon last year.

The Indomitable Lions would move to score three goals within 15 minutes to consequently win the third place spot. Most Cameroonians generally accept our team is capable of pulling surprises and offsets even at their worst. In 2010 and 2017 against all odds as outsiders we moved to play the finals against Egypt, consequently clinching our fifth star in the latter.

Despite now being at our weakest 40 years after winning in Cote D'ivoire with a Legendary squad that comprised the likes of Roger Mila, Abega Théophile, Thomas Nkono etc, many Cameroonians are routing for a Déjà Vu at the expense of the Nigerian squad.. 😅Good a thing we finally have the basket Andre Onana at the bench where he truly belongs.😅 I can bet it is a 3-1 on Saturday in favour of the Lions..Where Eagle take power to fight Lion?😅😅
Bros, Cameron can't win this match, don't give yourself heart attack.

That 3:1 will be in Nigeria's favour.

Pls quote me after the match.

Even you yourself know down inside you that you're not convinced!

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 11:37am On Jan 24
Samunique:

Waiting......
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 11:38am On Jan 24
chiefolododo:
You are a Cameroonian?

Isn't it obvious😅...

12 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ProudNigerian01: 11:39am On Jan 24
Cameroon and Ghana have always been our Achilles heel but things change every day. Naija all the way.

Come on you eagles let's change the narrative. 💪

Sidenote:
The easiest way to win over anybody and earn respect is through acts of kindness and loyalty.

No be me talk am, na Bible:

Prov.3.3 - Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. (NLT)

Prov.3.4 - Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation. NLT

Be kind today but let it not sacrifice righteousness or doing the right thing.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bcomputer101: 11:40am On Jan 24
YES

Correct score: 2-0
You can bet all your life savings on it.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by IamAtAnger: 11:41am On Jan 24
Nigeria greatest threat and envy to other African countries in all ramifications good, bad and ugly

5 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by yewit37486: 11:41am On Jan 24
Football is UNPREDICTABLE, moreso this particular tournament, so it is 50-50. I wouldn't undermine any team.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Hillarie(m): 11:41am On Jan 24
It's hard to predict the outcome of this AFCON. If anything, Nigeria has been riding on luck. I can only hope we continue on that lucky streak.

20 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ClearFlair: 11:41am On Jan 24
You're already underrating them shocked

5 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Biggaboi(m): 11:41am On Jan 24
grin
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Daniel7543: 11:41am On Jan 24
We go know after 90 mins on Saturday

6 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by completeskills: 11:42am On Jan 24
Good lord...fear from both sides. Truth is that both countries are not presently enjoying their best form going by the pedigree they have built for themselves. Best thing you can do for your self is to watch the match with an open mind. No stress. I hope Nigeria wins.

14 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ruggedtimi(m): 11:42am On Jan 24
1_0...nig wins

4 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by crossfm: 11:42am On Jan 24
Hehehe.

We are super eagles,we will emerge victorious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by windvane(m): 11:43am On Jan 24
Samunique:
The match is very tricky o , but I think somehow, Nigeria is destined to win this cup except the unexpected happens!
destined by who?atimes I wonder how an average Nigerian thinks....

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ecolime(m): 11:43am On Jan 24
Not possible

We suppose flog Cameroon mercilessly.

Anything fit happen though. This is football

3 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by epainos: 11:43am On Jan 24
Though football is unpredictable just like how Ghana conceded 2 goals at 90+1 and 90+4. Mehn! So, anything is possible, but I am for the Super Eagles. Go! Go!! Go!!! Eagles. We gat this.

But wait! I thought deeply about the recent performances of Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, and Cameroun, and I concluded that corruption is behind these weak performances. The moment Africans saw that there was massive money to loot in football, the playing standard started declining. Just imagine Samuel Eto'o who I felt had made all the money he needed during his football career still went in and tried looting more as the Cameroonian football president.

It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by IamDora(f): 11:43am On Jan 24
Ofcourse yes, why not, if not?

The Nigerian team that can't even score goals? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by worldclass68(m): 11:43am On Jan 24
Not sure thos Cameroon squad fit defeat this very defensive minded Nigerian squad.....

Anything can happen sha...but Nigeria play better when faced with big opponents/names.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Shedking(m): 11:44am On Jan 24
My prayer is for you guys to start Onana, then we will revisit this topic.

But I'm optimistic that we are going to win. Besides Musa and other key players hasn't been featured so far

6 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:44am On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

Isn't it obvious😅...

33, Beaufort, Residence Permit people

3-0 in favour of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by hardknocksng(m): 11:44am On Jan 24
It’s the other way round .

Our weak boys may lose to Cameroon
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by callmevirus(m): 11:45am On Jan 24
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

You see that our super eagles squad, very weak squad, they just dey misbehave

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Ohraykon: 11:45am On Jan 24
The good side will win but i no trust naija team dey are there for the money not glory. Cameroon players love their country more than super eagles.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 11:45am On Jan 24
Samunique:

😅😅😅😅
Despite Nigeria's 7 point finish their squad is definitely below average. I can't say the Cameroonian side is any better. Saturday wouldn't be a clash of the Titans like we had in February 2000 where both JJ and Eto'o were at their prime on opposing sides. However with history on our side I see the super eagles returning on an Air Peace flight come Sunday evening😅

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:45am On Jan 24
Time will tell.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by sterlingD(m): 11:45am On Jan 24
l am not seeing Vincent Abubakar in the Cameroon team. What happened?
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by GanagiBitrus: 11:45am On Jan 24
No such thing as Cameroon weak squad, when Nigeria is involved.
Cameroon vs Nigeria is war, anyday anytime. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by fredoooooo: 11:46am On Jan 24
Cameroon squad is not weak, moreover it's a different Ball game between Cameroon vs Nigeria and Ghana vs Nigeria.
They take it as war .

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola (Photo) / Robert Lewandowski Named IFFHS Best Player Of The Year For The 2nd Time / Denmark Vs Australia: World Cup (1 - 1) On 21st June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.