Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? (13654 Views)

Anthony Joshua Has Tattoo Of Map Of Africa, Nigeria On His Body / Arsenal FC Celebrates Nigeria On Her Independence / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Angelfrost(m): 11:46am On Jan 24
Weak squad?!!...

So, Nigeria is now the strong squad after finishing second behind junior Equatorial Guinea?!!

Lol!

It's anyone's game on Saturday...! If Cameroon sits up, Nigeria is in trouble.

...And if Nigeria sorts out its attacking shenanigans, Man United fans will be disappointed (if you know, you know). tongue

4 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bobonla: 11:47am On Jan 24
Lol. I remember that year when I was still in Cameroon. We been dey watch Nigeria vs Cameroon match for Mr Ojong Javis house. Cameroon score 9ja, he was happy, 9ja score Cameroon, I and my brothers were celebrating only for Mr ojong to called us little devils and send us out from his house.

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by offongk(m): 11:47am On Jan 24
Nigerian team is weakest

We are coming home on Saturday
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bdon12: 11:47am On Jan 24
U mean can super chickens weak squad beat cameroun
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Akaujaa(m): 11:47am On Jan 24
If you are supporting Nigeria to win Cameroon, you are just doing that on sentiment. This present Super Eagles can't win Cameroon in a normal play except maybe in a penalty shoot out when luck comes to play. This is the truth. Nigeria plays rubbish football currently. No pattern, formation or clear game plan. They just knock the ball around waiting for luck.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:48am On Jan 24
Nigeria will score more than 3 goals against Cameroon nd u knw what that means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:49am On Jan 24
E go shock you

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by trilacos: 11:50am On Jan 24
No be by mouth.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by guywitzerogal(m): 11:50am On Jan 24
Samunique:
Bros, Cameron can't win this match, don't give yourself heart attack.

That 3:1 will be in Nigeria's favour.

Pls quote me after the match.

Even you yourself know down inside you that you're not convinced!
i pity you, you berra no go bet on Naija cos e go shock you
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ismodiwa(m): 11:50am On Jan 24
Very funny for you to think Nigeria's squad is any better.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Angelfrost(m): 11:52am On Jan 24
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria will score more than 3 goals against Cameroon nd u knw what that means.

Well, with Onana starting, victory might be assured for Nigeria.

But, score 3 goals?!! Surely, you jest! grin
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by geoworldedu: 11:52am On Jan 24
IamDora:
Ofcourse yes, why not, if not?

The Nigerian team that can't even score goals? undecided
Pls equally add that they can't even concede goals. That is a great plus to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by cucumbar: 11:53am On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:
Back here in Cameroon we do admit this is not our greatest squad. We are certainly missing some good finishers like Tchopuo-Moting, Abubakar Vincent and Bryan Mbeumo of Brentford for injury. That said Cameroon's ability to quickly turn things around in the face of threat is its biggest strength.

Take the match against Algeria. A return leg qualifying match to Qatar. Officially out, Cameroon would score at the last minute of prolongation time to seal a Qatar 2022 spot. Needless to mention the Algerians still have not recovered from that defeat. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… Then again 3-0 down against Burkina Faso during the AFCON classification match in Cameroon last year.

The Indomitable Lions would move to score three goals within 15 minutes to consequently win the third place spot. Most Cameroonians generally accept our team is capable of pulling surprises and offsets even at their worst. In 2010 and 2017 against all odds as outsiders we moved to play the finals against Egypt, consequently clinching our fifth star in the latter.

Despite now being at our weakest 40 years after winning in Cote D'ivoire with a Legendary squad that comprised the likes of Roger Mila, Abega ThΓ©ophile, Thomas Nkono etc, many Cameroonians are routing for a DΓ©jΓ  Vu at the expense of the Nigerian squad.. πŸ˜…Good a thing we finally have the basket Andre Onana at the bench where he truly belongs.πŸ˜… I can bet it is a 3-1 on Saturday in favour of the Lions..Where Eagle take power to fight Lion?πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
You better be worried about Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by BolaAThubv(m): 11:53am On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Despite Nigeria's 7 point finish their squad is definitely below average. I can't say the Cameroonian side is any better. Saturday wouldn't be a clash of the Titans like we had in February 2000 where both JJ and Eto'o were at their prime on opposing sides. However with history on our side I see the super eagles returning on an Air Peace flight come Sunday eveningπŸ˜…
Since that AFCON finals clash in 2000, how many times have Nigeria played Cameroon till date and what has been the outcome? Let's look at the stats

From 1968 let's look at the H2H stats
Nigeria 7 wins, 5 Draws, Lose 4
Cameroon 4 wins, 5 Draws, Lose 7

What history have you been talking about? Oga, use your tongue and count your teeth

2 Likes

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 11:53am On Jan 24
Samunique:
The match is very tricky o , but I think somehow, Nigeria is destined to win this cup except the unexpected happens!

Judging from the group stages, Cape Verde and Senegal come across as the biggest favourites. However this is football. Argentina had a troubling start in Qatar 2022, losing 2-1 to underdogs Saudi Arabia. Yet they moved on to grab the golden cup. Although the gods are still silent whoever is destined to win shall winπŸ˜…
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by IamDora(f): 11:54am On Jan 24
geoworldedu:
Pls equally add that they can't even concede goals. That is a great plus to us.
Against what teams? Gnuei bissu,, Equntori ginue and ivory? Funny
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 11:59am On Jan 24
bobonla:
Lol. I remember that year when I was still in Cameroon. We been dey watch Nigeria vs Cameroon match for Mr Ojong Javis house. Cameroon score 9ja, he was happy, 9ja score Cameroon, I and my brothers were celebrating only for Mr ojong to called us little devils and send us out from his house.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What do you expect πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Patriotism..I know alot of Nigerians who were born in Cameroon who would support the Nigerian squad anytime anyday when battling with Cameroon. The dilemma though is for those born to a Nigerian/Cameroonian parentπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24
Nigeria will come alive in the Knockout stage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Onogiede(m): 12:02pm On Jan 24
Aviry coast and Senegal has always be our threat,..now one is already out of the way.. victory is sure
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:04pm On Jan 24
Angelfrost:

Well, with Onana starting, victory might be assured for Nigeria.

But, score 3 goals?!! Surely, you jest! grin

He has been replaced with the second goalie Fabrice Ondoua. I miss the good old days of quality goalies. The likes of Alioum who went through the AFCON 2002 without conceding. Cameroon has produced some of the finest goalies in Africa. Thomas Nkono, Antoine Bell, Jacques Songo'o, Alioum Mbouka, Idriss Kameni etc. Let me ask the gods if Onana should make the list πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by bobonla: 12:05pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What do you expect πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Patriotism..I know alot of Nigerians who were born in Cameroon who would support the Nigerian squad anytime anyday when battling with Cameroon. The dilemma though is for those born to a Nigerian/Cameroonian parentπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
I was born in Cameroon to Nigerian parents. Did my primary school, secondary and high-school. Now I head the crises over there is no where to write about.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by overdrive(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24
Nigeria wins by 1 goal to be scored second half of extra time.u can take this prediction to the bank.this I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by christopheojo(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Despite Nigeria's 7 point finish their squad is definitely below average. I can't say the Cameroonian side is any better. Saturday wouldn't be a clash of the Titans like we had in February 2000 where both JJ and Eto'o were at their prime on opposing sides. However with history on our side I see the super eagles returning on an Air Peace flight come Sunday eveningπŸ˜…
Not eto 'o but the legendary Patrick mbouma
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Discountsempai: 12:09pm On Jan 24
Nigeria and Cameroon are on terms of mortal defiance.

Simple
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:10pm On Jan 24
DoctorAyukebot:
Back here in Cameroon we do admit this is not our greatest squad. We are certainly missing some good finishers like Tchopuo-Moting, Abubakar Vincent and Bryan Mbeumo of Brentford for injury. That said Cameroon's ability to quickly turn things around in the face of threat is its biggest strength.

Take the match against Algeria. A return leg qualifying match to Qatar. Officially out, Cameroon would score at the last minute of prolongation time to seal a Qatar 2022 spot. Needless to mention the Algerians still have not recovered from that defeat. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… Then again 3-0 down against Burkina Faso during the AFCON classification match in Cameroon last year.

The Indomitable Lions would move to score three goals within 15 minutes to consequently win the third place spot. Most Cameroonians generally accept our team is capable of pulling surprises and offsets even at their worst. In 2010 and 2017 against all odds as outsiders we moved to play the finals against Egypt, consequently clinching our fifth star in the latter.

Despite now being at our weakest 40 years after winning in Cote D'ivoire with a Legendary squad that comprised the likes of Roger Mila, Abega ThΓ©ophile, Thomas Nkono etc, many Cameroonians are routing for a DΓ©jΓ  Vu at the expense of the Nigerian squad.. πŸ˜…Good a thing we finally have the basket Andre Onana at the bench where he truly belongs.πŸ˜… I can bet it is a 3-1 on Saturday in favour of the Lions..Where Eagle take power to fight Lion?πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
with nigeria,everything is possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Rexymania(m): 12:10pm On Jan 24
Your English is good.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by MT: 12:11pm On Jan 24
yewit37486:
Football is UNPREDICTABLE, moreso this particular tournament, so it is 50-50. I wouldn't undermine any team.

More so, Cameron's win which qualified them for knockout has galvanized them, and SE not firing on all cylinders.

I am worried but if you want to be Africa champion, you have to beat the best.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Rexymania(m): 12:11pm On Jan 24
overdrive:
Nigeria wins by 1 goal to be scored second half of extra time.u can take this prediction to the bank.this I have seen.

You dey see motor
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by Godsent05: 12:12pm On Jan 24
Nigeria 2 cameroon 0
Both goals from the African footballer of the year Mark my words

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24
NIGERIA TEAM CURRENTLY IS THE WORST TEAM, CAMEROUNIAN TEAM AT THE SAME TIME ARE AT THE PEAK OF THEIR WORST TIME, NIGERIA CAMEROUN GAME IS A GAME OF LUCK, ANY LUCKY SIDE WILL CARRY THE DAY, EITHER NIGERIA OR CAMEROUN, I SPEAK NOT AS A NIGERIA BUT AS A TRUE FOLLOWER OF FOOTBALL.

I AM ROUTING ALL THE WAY FOR CAPE VERDE, THOSE CAPE VERDIANS ARE JUST TOO CLINICALLY GOOD FOR MY LIKENESS.

1 Like

Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24
epainos:
Though football is unpredictable just like how Ghana conceded 2 goals at 90+1 and 90+4. Mehn! So, anything is possible, but I am for the Super Eagles. Go! Go!! Go!!! Eagles. We gat this.

But wait! I thought deeply about the recent performances of Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, and Cameroun, and I concluded that corruption is behind these weak performances. The moment Africans saw that there was massive money to loot in football, the playing standard started declining. Just imagine Samuel Eto'o who I felt had made all the money he needed during his football career still went in and tried looting more as the Cameroonian football president.

It is well.

I wouldn't say Cameroon's weak showing is borne of looting at the federation. Badluck with injuries for some star players, unnecessary infightings at the federation and most especially the inexperienced coaching from Song are to blame. Many surmise Song was singlehandedly put by Eto'o just so he too could have the biggest stake at how the squad is managed. I think it is Eto'o who really decides who plays or is called to the squad.
Re: Can Cameroon's Weak Squad Move Pass Nigeria On Saturday? by ogawisdom(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24
Yes

We are struggling to score goals.

There is no point keeping osihmen on the field for 95 mins. He should play 65mins and give way this is knock out stage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fifa President Infantino To Visit Nigeria On Sunday, 24th July 2016. / We Were Interested In Maguire, But We Could Not Afford Him - Guardiola / Eguavoen Craves For Moses Return To Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.