Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. (41453 Views)

Ify Aniebo Apologises, Thanks Husband For Paying Debt After Social Media Uproar / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jan 24
Lagos LP politician, Rhodes-Vivour, repays wife’s debt after social media bashing

24th January 2024

Labour Party’s 2023 governorship candidate in Lagos State, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, has repaid his wife’s debt following social media bashing.

A user on social media, Chike Jones, who worked as a writer and social media manager for Afroscientric.com, a project owned by Rhodes-Vivour’s wife, Ify, had alleged that he was owed for over eight months.

Reacting to this, Rhodes-Vivour, wrote, “I have spoken to Chika and extended an olive branch in acknowledgement of an episode that I hope we can put behind us and look to better days ahead.

“I believe this episode to have been an exception, rather than the norm, at least considering the context.

“The situation has been rectified and his due paid. I also want to express my gratitude to everyone who offered their support in de-escalating this situation.

“I thank Chika for his understanding and willingness to move forward and also thank him for his support during the campaigns.”

Giving an update on the matter on Tuesday, Jones said Rhodes-Vivour reached out to him and paid the debt.

He wrote, “Someone I know who also knows #GRVlagos reached out and arranged a call a few minutes ago. On the call was GRV, his media manager, myself, and the mediator.

“The media manager started by apologising. Then #GRVlagos came on and said he wanted the matter resolved and he would pay the money before today ends. I said no problem, but I asked #GRVlagos why #IfyAniebo refused to pay me. The reason given was: She felt unhappy with the work I had done.

“I made it clear that it was both a lie and a wicked thing to say, and there the matter closed. I will be expecting my payment as promised, and once I receive it, I will update this thread with a screenshot.

“Thanks to everyone, friends, strangers, and acquaintances for raising your voice. When you need help, I hope people will raise their voice for you too.”

Sharing further update on Tuesday, Jones wrote, “I have received payment from #GRVlagos. Screenshot here.

“A final update on this. I have been paid by #GRVlagos. I appreciate him stepping up in a difficult situation. The debt is paid. Ozoemena.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-lp-politician-rhodes-vivour-repays-wifes-debt-after-social-media-bashing/?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jan 24
Zendaya is older than me @chika_jones

Actually this DO story has given me the go ahead to call out someone who is owing me money. Let me wrap my head around the fuckery and i'll put out a long thread.

Okay let’s do this.

Sometime I think in 2019, I started working for @IfyAniebo as several things including a writer and social media manager on this project - https://afroscientric.com

Not long after I realized that getting paid on time was a problem. The salary was delayed sometimes for months. If you look at the dates in the screenshots below, you’ll see me asking for payments well after the end of the month.

I didn’t consider it a big issue.

Sometime in May 2020, Ify complained that I was not doing enough on the work. And that for a particular month, she would only pay some part of the salary not the full thing. I agreed. Even that money I did not get till months later.

Because of the complaint, I increased my efforts even beginning a regular Instagram Live series on women in STEM. Ify praised the work but the issues with payments continued.

This continued till January 2021, when @IfyAniebo got a project from Nature (the journal). And said I would work on it as project manager among other things. Because of the size of the project, she also said I would be paid separately for my monthly 80,000 Naira at the time.

We got the project from Nature and I can confidently say I did 70% of the work on that project. Ify was busy and so I took it on and I was happy to.

Invoicing, website design, leading meetings. I did it all.

When the work was done, and Ify received the money in her account I got the first hint of trouble in this chat. She was essentially going back on the agreement.

I stood my ground and reminded her, then I did a breakdown so it was clear. You can see the breakdown and her response here. And she even promised a bonus on the work done during the project.

We are now at December 2021, I start following up for the money owed because I needed it. Ify assures me she will pay but there are issues with her account and she was also sick as seen here.

From December 2021 till May 2022, I do not ask for the money. In May 2022 I reach out again.

This time she says I am bombarding her so she will not pay it.

I tell her I will have to resort to other means to get my money and she says do your worst I will not pay.

That’s the story. What @IfyAniebo was saying was, I am owing you, but because you are disturbing me I will not pay you.

She told me she was a bridge I dared not burn, she was essentially saying she was more than me. And nothing would happen.

The truth is no one is above another person. I tried to reach out to her husband @GRVlagos but never got a response, probably because he never got the messages.

My ask is clear - @IfyAniebo You are owing me 778 pounds. It is money I worked for. You are not more than me. Pay me.

https://twitter.com/chika_jones/status/1749474275159843038?t=nAd1cfCvAxVDUMQNgKy-AA&s=19

More screenshots in posts below.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jan 24
Dr. Ify Aniebo RV @IfyAniebo

I am aware of the statements made by a former staff engaged to render services to Afroscientric. Rest assured, i take this matter seriously and i’m actively addressing it to ensure a timely resolution.

It's important to note that the recent tweets do not accurately reflect my character and the reputation i’ve worked hard to cultivate over the years.

Afroscientric started in 2016 because we sought to bridge the gap that kept young African women from getting into science. Our main aim was to pass on unique skills and knowledge to the next generation of young African women. Thankfully, and with the support of many organizations and well meaning individuals, we’ve been achieving this objective.

I’m committed to transparency and fairness, and i appreciate the understanding extended to me as i work towards resolving this issue.

https://twitter.com/IfyAniebo/status/1749791527688167513

@afroscientric also tweeted this (screenshots below), but they later deleted it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:22pm On Jan 24
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour @GRVlagos

I have spoken to Chika and extended an olive branch in acknowledgement of an episode that I hope we can put behind us and look to better days ahead.

I believe this episode to have been an exception, rather than the norm, at least considering the context.

The situation has been rectified and his due paid. I also want to express my gratitude to everyone who offered their support in de-escalating this situation. I thank Chika for his understanding and willingness to move forward and also thank him for his support during the campaigns.
🙏🏾

https://twitter.com/GRVlagos/status/1749871660772028908

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:22pm On Jan 24
Screenshots

1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:23pm On Jan 24
More screenshots

2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:25pm On Jan 24
Even more screenshots

1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by joseph1832(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24
8 grin

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:26pm On Jan 24
Screenshots

2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:26pm On Jan 24
More screenshots

1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:27pm On Jan 24
End of screenshots.

2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:47pm On Jan 24
(This was before he was paid).

Small update:

Someone not connected to Ify Aniebo reach out to me offering to pay the money and I declined.

Only the person owing me or her family is expected to pay. And it’s only the exact amount owed. No more no less.

Please no one else should send me money. Ire o.

https://twitter.com/chika_jones/status/1749695191575830777?t=opGWvgkTikVaEtcl2OopPQ&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by naptu2: 1:48pm On Jan 24

A final update on this. I have been paid by @GRVlagos . I appreciate him stepping up in a difficult situation.

The debt is paid. Ozoemena.

https://twitter.com/chika_jones/status/1749876092880437513?t=HCdR50rhhnnoh9kG7t0dew&s=19

Update. A slightly long thread, so i can go back to tweeting about Simi.

Someone i know who also knows @GRVlagos reached out and arranged a call a few minutes ago. On the call was GRV, his media manager, myself and the mediator.

The media manager started by apologizing.

Then
@GRVlagos
came on and said he wanted the matter resolved and he would pay the money before today ends.

I said no problem, but I asked @GRVlagos why @IfyAniebo refused to pay me.

The reason given was: She felt unhappy with the work I had done.

I made it clear that it was both a lie and a wicked thing to say and there the matter closed.

I will be expecting my payment as promised and once i receive I will update this thread with a screenshot.

Now a few things:

1. She was owing me and the money was in her account, I asked her to pay my IHS fee and WES. This was not money dashed or given, it was MY MONEY, she helped make the payment.

2. I believe in the work @afroscientric was doing and will continue to do, and i wish them success.

Thanks to everyone, friends, strangers and acquaintances for raising your voice. When you need help, I hope people will raise their voice for you too.

Fin.

I have received payment from @GRVlagos. Screenshot here.

https://twitter.com/chika_jones/status/1749852654858064283?t=3iR1mKCICL0yA-RzKUsojg&s=19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by aguluobi: 1:48pm On Jan 24
Fellow Nigerians you can clearly see the framework of Obi n his urchin.

They employed nitwit like many jobless fool on Nairaland, I can list their names, the way they sit in Nairaland 247 you don't have to be told they are paid.

Yet those foolish nitwit will be claiming others are paid to support other politicians. They say this because that is what they do. They have no genuine love for the country because if they do they won't want a failed Pandora Criminal as president after his failed 8 years as governor.

Imagine electing a fool that could not pay the minimum wage of ₦30,000 monthly for 8 years against a man that paid that n his state his now paying above the new minimum wage while Anambra in 2024 can not pay the old minimum wage talk more of the new one.

When they tell you Lagos is this n that note that same Lagos state as the largest civil service in the country and pays beta than the federal government as at this very hour.

Learn to read btw the lines of news like this it is what obidient miscreant n fools do not want you to think about.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by stano2(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by allanphash7(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24
Good one Gbadebo

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by princeade86(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24
Good

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Alexis11: 1:48pm On Jan 24
Lol I thought some persons said it is a sponsored propaganda by Tinubu

I still don't understand what is special about GRV wife that Tinubu will be sponsoring a propaganda against?

123 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by WealthyNigerian: 1:49pm On Jan 24
Slytiger:
LMAO 😂😂
He was caught using chatgpt to plagiarize yesterday as well.
Are you sure? See:
https://www.nairaland.com/7979140/history-when-yorubas-opened-africans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by bigdammyj: 1:50pm On Jan 24
Noted.
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Chikel20000(m): 1:50pm On Jan 24
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Golan007: 1:50pm On Jan 24
grin

1 Like

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by oyeb15: 1:50pm On Jan 24
A public figure receives bashing up and down. And he must be calm. If not a broke nigga who
own people up and down will be spewing him trash on social media.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Jh0wsef(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24
Lol
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Femich18(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24
Ok
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Wizpa(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24
grin
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by DenreleDave(m): 1:52pm On Jan 24
Onigbese want to do the needful

What a wicked husband and wife, since 2020 habaaaaaaaaaaa.

No wonder they could not win the election.

The chika curse continues grin grin grin

LeeSmart:
GRV handled the matter well, lagos state really missed a fine genttle man.

since lagos state missed a gentle man, let anambra have him na abi what is stoppiing you. We will be happy to donate Gbarebo and his entire lineage to anambra so that he can turn anambra to UK cheesy

hypocritesssss, he didn't handle it since 2020, na 2024 he kon handle am well....

shame on you grin

342 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Richietech(m): 1:52pm On Jan 24
Better they did the needful.
Ogun alaru o gbodo gbe,that’s what the bible said.
Pay off your debts
Pay up borrowed money
Pay up people’s wages
That’s how you live and upright life

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by LeeSmart: 1:52pm On Jan 24

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Nahunger(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24
And so
Re: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. by Slytiger: 1:53pm On Jan 24
LMAO 😂😂

He was caught using chatgpt to plagiarize yesterday as well.
LeeSmart:
Lagos is okay with Sanwo. GRV can go his maternal home in Anambra to contest since he is so good. I am sure he will easily defeat APGA's Soludo since Obidients love him.

aguluobi:
Fellow Nigerians you can clearly see the framework of Obi n his urchin.

They employed nitwit like many jobless fool on Nairaland, I can list their names, the way they sit in Nairaland 247 you don't have to be told they are paid.

Yet those foolish nitwit will be claiming others are paid to support other politicians. They say this because that is what they do. They have no genuine love for the country because if they do they won't want a failed Pandora Criminal as president after his failed 8 years as governor.

Imagine electing a fool that could not pay the minimum wage of ₦30,000 monthly for 8 years against a man that paid that n his state his now paying above the new minimum wage while Anambra in 2024 can not pay the old minimum wage talk more of the new one.

When they tell you Lagos is this n that note that same Lagos state as the largest civil service in the country and pays beta than the federal government as at this very hour.

Learn to read btw the lines of news like this it is what obidient miscreant n fools do not want you to think about.
Even Peter Obi's daughter was a civil servant in Lagos whereas, Anambra would not employ non indigenes.

48 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola And Oluremi Tinubu At Their Traditional Wedding / Dino Melaye Poses With His Exotic Cars (Photos) / Ovedje Ogboru Leads In Delta APC Governorship Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.