Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos (26666 Views)

Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by SoNature(m): 10:56am On Jan 25
Former Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has supported the relocation of some departments of the apex bank from Abuja to Lagos.
He said it was right thing to do, dismissing those against the relocation as playing dirty politics.

There have been criticisms in some quarters since the CBN announced the relocation of some departments and units to Lagos.

Some northern politicians kicked against the move, warning it would have political consequences.

But Sanusi, who was 14th Emir of Kano, in a statement said the relocation is an “eminently sensible move”.

According to him: “Moving certain functions to the Lagos office ( which is bigger than the Abuja head office) is an eminently sensible move.”

He said he had it in mind to do the same thing while in office but didn’t have sufficient time to see it through.

“In my mind what I would have done was to move FSS and most of Operations to Lagos such that the two Deputy Governors would be largely operating out of Lagos or, even if they were more in Abuja , the bulk of their operational staff would be in Lagos.

“Economic policy, Corporate services and all the departments reporting to the Governor directly such as Strategy, Audit, Risk management, Governors’ office etc would remain in Abuja.

“It makes eminent strategic sense. And I would have done this if I had stayed.”

He dismissed the opposition against the policy as “absolutely unnecessary” because “The CBN has staff manning its branches and cash offices across the Federation.”

Sanusi added: “Moving staff to the Lagos office to streamline operations and make them more effective and reduce cost is a normal prerogative of management.

“The problem we have now is that many employees are children of politically exposed persons and their Abuja life and businesses are more important than the CBN work.

“The CBN is just an address for them and if they have to choose between their spoilt Abuja life and the job, they would gladly leave the CBN.

“All the more reason for the Governor to put his foot down and get rid of those elements they are dangerous for the bank’s future

“The question of locating functions is a STRATEGIC and not tactical one. A proper analysis should be done to identify which roles are best suited to Lagos and which to Abuja. Once the logic is clear the people then follow. Non communication of strategic intent opens the door to mischievous misrepresentation and arbitrariness.

“I don’t like the idea of arguing that the office structure can not handle the staff numbers. I am sure Julius Berger would refute that if they wanted to engage.”

On how the relocation of staff should be done, he suggested: “Individual situations should be considered. As much as possible we should be empathetic. For example young mothers with kids in school who do not need to move can be prioritised to stay in Abuja or those with medical conditions etc.”

He advised the CBN not to bend to political pressure, saying it must push through decisions hoe matter tough.

According to him: “My advice to the Governor is to go ahead with his policy. Once the CBN starts bending to political pressure on one thing it will continue doing so.

“Northern politicians will shout that this is moving from Abuja to Lagos. Abuja is a federal capital not a northern issue. So long as this is a principled decision the noise should be ignored.

“When i was about to license Jaiz bank there was a lot of religious noise from CAN etc. Even enlightened people like Okey Emelamah were going to sue me to court on religious grounds. I ignored it and licenced the bank. Nothing happened.

“A christian Governor after me licenced at least two more non- interest banks. No one is even noticing again.

“Ethnic and religious bigots will always shout. The CBN should rise above it and just do what needs to be done. It is a very unpopular and difficult job and the Governor needs to be tough.”

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/sanusi-backs-relocation-of-cbn-units-departments-to-lagos/

106 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by SoNature(m): 10:56am On Jan 25
Coming from the Nation, I hope Sanusi doesn't debunk it tomorrow though grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by festacman(m): 11:04am On Jan 25
There is a deep-rooted mutual suspicion among religious groups and ethnicities, which was planted by pre-independence political founding fathers and continued to be expertly utilized by today's political leaders to push their selfish agenda.

This has impacted negatively on our choice of leaders, formulation and implementation of vital policies, siting of key projects, fight against corruption, etc.

The sad thing is that even educated, well-travelled and enlightened people become suddenly dumb and ready to fight whenever the politicians press our MUMU religious and ethnic buttons.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by tsephanyah(f): 11:05am On Jan 25
Namdi kanu loves this drama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Beremx(f): 11:05am On Jan 25
He backs it publicly but deep inside him he's also playing ethnic politics with it.

Sanusi wey be silent ethnic and religious bigot

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by datola: 11:05am On Jan 25
Wow. Oga Sanusi is the most sensible Northern elite!

If most of our leaders can have this mindset Nigeria will be better.

El Rufai is another Northern elite with straight forward thinking sense but for religion wahala around his neck.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Fendini: 11:05am On Jan 25
Don't deny your actions in the future o. Una too dey lie o

9 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by dedugbaa(m): 11:06am On Jan 25
Just common sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by fergie001: 11:06am On Jan 25
“The problem we have now is that many employees are children of politically exposed persons and their Abuja life and businesses are more important than the CBN work.

“The CBN is just an address for them and if they have to choose between their spoilt Abuja life and the job, they would gladly leave the CBN.

Straight to the point ....

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by slaawomirr: 11:07am On Jan 25
Damnnn niggar

Instead of them to decongest lagos
Them want choke am the more

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Throwback: 11:07am On Jan 25
“Northern politicians will shout that this is moving from Abuja to Lagos. Abuja is a federal capital not a northern issue. So long as this is a principled decision the noise should be ignored.

Yet some Southern slaves have been doing their best to show they are slaves.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by oyeb15: 11:08am On Jan 25
Wrong move when we have urgent problem that needs attention.

Because of #650/ ltr fuel

Gaari is #800 per rubber
Rice #1800
Beans #1800
Yam = #1200 per one

Why can't government look for how to crash d fuel price so that other things will come down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by joebeckz(m): 11:08am On Jan 25
Sanusi was a fantastic CBN governor and i trust what he says.

Did you all read the part he mentioned that CBN employees were mostly Political Abuja big men's connect?
They would not want to live outside Abuja.

I personally know my classmates who got CBN jobs years back. Their parents were top political appointees or friends of ministers and governors so I believe what Mr Sanusi is saying 100%
You hardly see an ordinary Nigerian graduate without connect working in CBN.
I know Three bothers in CBN who's father was a former house of reps member.
Is it another of my classmate who got a weak 2.2 degree who also works in CBN because his dad was one time Taraba state APC chairman.

They will fight back cos they live in their parents mansions in Abuja, are used to the Abuja soft life and get promoted through their parents connect.

They do not care about the job but the salaries and other packages. They are lazy to work, sometimes they go to work 3 times a week. Or close early.

Alot is happening inside these juicy offices filled with political connect.

I have seen this with my own eyes and know alot of my mates in these offices, CBN, FIRS ETC....

Corruption will always fight back.
I support this move..
They should relocate and get to work or resign.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by omoadeleye(m): 11:08am On Jan 25
Werey dey disguise, anywhere belle face

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Alexis11: 11:09am On Jan 25
Here is someone that understands the economic effect of the move. Others are only concentrating on the political effect.

“The problem we have now is that many employees are children of politically exposed persons and their Abuja life and businesses are more important than the CBN work"... What a revelation by Sanusi.

Na politician children full CBN. cool

36 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Righthussle: 11:09am On Jan 25
T
Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Alexis11: 11:09am On Jan 25
omoadeleye:
Werey dey disguise, anywhere belle face

Lol stop crying.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by AsomughaChuks05: 11:10am On Jan 25
Sanusi is an educated and refined man. This is why we advocate for increase in education budget by northern governors to give their illiterate population quality education that will stem the tide of ignorance in that region. Check out those illiterate northerners kicking against the well thought out relocations, they are half-baked jihadists who went to islamiyya schools where the only things they are taught are jihad, ethnic and religious cleansing of christians and dipping the Koran in the Atlantic ocean. Just look at Plateau state that was enjoying relative peace when Lalong was governor because an Igbo man was STF commander but has descended into chaos since the new chief of army staff replaced him with a Fulani soldier. May God save Nigeria from bigots and religious extremists.

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Throwback: 11:10am On Jan 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Instead of them to decongest lagos
Them want choke am the more

Sanusi added: “Moving staff to the Lagos office to streamline operations and make them more effective and reduce cost is a normal prerogative of management.

“Ethnic and religious bigots will always shout. The CBN should rise above it and just do what needs to be done. It is a very unpopular and difficult job and the Governor needs to be tough.”

9 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by ReubenE(m): 11:10am On Jan 25
Even SANUSI is playing the same politics he is blaming with this take.

If there are certain people in the CBN that only see it as an address in Abuja, why not sack them for incompetence instead of creating another burden on already troubled national treasury.

Same like Tinubu subsidy removal logic. Arrest the thieves and punish them, NO. We'll kill everybody so nobody can steal again.
We will punish all Nigerians by removing food from their mouth because some people are stealing food.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by damble: 11:10am On Jan 25
Aboki with sense

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by SlavaUkraini: 11:10am On Jan 25
tsephanyah:
Namdi kanu loves this drama

How is this news related to Nnamdi Kanu ?

Nnamdi Kanu is not the One crying and shouting ...

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Maize247(f): 11:11am On Jan 25
Truth

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by jmoore(m): 11:11am On Jan 25
The title should be "MANY OF CBN STAFF THAT WERE EMPLOYED WERE POLITICALLY INFLUENCED".

These politicians put their sons and daughters into CBN. That's why you rarely hear about CBN putting out vacancy in the public. Selfish people!

18 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Bestunclejoe(m): 11:12am On Jan 25
Politics and religion are the two main problems of this nation called Nigeria and unfortunately, there are jobless gladiators that are ready to take advantage of it all.
Any policy aim at efficiency in any sector should be carried on without political patronage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Ogegeodey(m): 11:12am On Jan 25
I like Sanusi’s stand on the issue.

Our major problem in this country is that we are not from one tribe, and our tribal diversity is our only problem.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by APCNig: 11:13am On Jan 25
You never know something. Kindergarten Politicians think they are dealing with Buhari or Goatluck whom they can intimidate.

Won ti ge Asake l'eti lo, Asake no dey hear any nonsense. Tinubu will not bow to idiots and nincompoops

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Abbyyy19: 11:13am On Jan 25
Hmm
Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by adexpa(m): 11:13am On Jan 25
Political, ethnical and religious sentiments are the biggest threat to will power. Many leaders got many things to execute but they bow to society outcry due to sentiments. It take a leader who have got the ball to ignore public outcry on every decisions. We need to be more national incline than regional, ethnic, and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by Throwback: 11:13am On Jan 25
Beremx:
He backs it publicly but deep inside him he's also playing ethnic politics with it.

Sanusi wey be silent ethnic and religious bigot

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos by MT: 11:14am On Jan 25
SLS always making sense since 200BC.

Well educated, intelligent, outspoken and fearless.

One of the very few finest Nigerians.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce And His Family At The BET Awards (Photos) / ‘why I Left APC’ — Abdulmumin Jibrin Opens Up On His Defection To NNPP / FG Restricts Foreign Trips To Two Per Quarter For Officials, Cancels Estacode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.