Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:45 AM

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best School To Learn Java In Lagos (20731 Views)

Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? / Learn Java Programming Here Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by balizzle(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2013
Dude u wanna learn java practically.jus call dis numba 08094888378...ill introduce u to a vry gud programming skool, whre dey teach u java practically.no useless books.u learn well and d fee is vry affordable...i swear to God dis is not a scam..u can even go to deir website www.javaplustechnologies.com , nd i promise u,u will get ur money's worth

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by balizzle(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2013
Go to javaplus technologies @ ikoyi..there they teach u java practically.no useless books or whateva...call me nd il tel u more.i promise u, u will get ur money's worth
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by sparko1(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2013
javadoctor: Please cme to my school,MIT Solutions. 360 rd muritala mohammed way yaba,we r d best in lagos,currently,I train Oracle java from se to enterprise edition,I'm proud to say One of Oracle masters in africa of which.there r only four,trains Oracle there,I wrk wit him ,java/Oracle. Ican assure u we hv done a lot of project2gethr.front end to backend,I worked in ecobank hq application software,building solution portals and rapid transfer gross system b4 I resigned,nw I work on my own.I dnt beg people to join,but if u really want to b up to speed ,cal me.

N.b: did I mention I went to niit and cldnt afford al d fees so I dropped out? I sleep,eat,live java now.
please me your number, i would like to learn java. 08174516514
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Bugatti01: 1:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Thank u all for useful and candid advice, it's all been very helpful.
I'm beginning to buy the idea of self-learning thru books, ebooks, websites & youtube.
But let me quickly give a brief summary of my IT story, maybe it will help u advice me better...
I have a very strong passion for IT most especially programming & web design but my job and lack of the right advice had slowed me down over the years. Now I'm ready to venture into it big time but I'm still not very sure wat aspects or courses exactly I should be learning. I'm not looking to be employed with it, rather I need it to be able to actualize some ideas that I have been nursing for a while now, most of which are centered around designing/developing certain complex/dynamic websites which will surely require some good knowledge of programming in addition to web design.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Successguilders: 12:40am On Oct 25, 2013
abbey621: As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Successguilders: 12:41am On Oct 25, 2013
abbey621: As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.
Get java videos for a token
emmanueltechnology15@gmail
com
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Kaysalas(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
can anybody help me with the cost of learning java at aptech. I dont have d time to go and enquire myself
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by kambo(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
javadoctor:

I'm proud to say One of Oracle masters in africa of which.
there r only four,

the bolded must b clearly wrong, even as at the time of ur postg it.
The java master u talkg about is former SCJD now one oracle alphabet soup.

On these site alone,theyve been 2 ppl who reported bagging scjd/oracle java master certs.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by kambo(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Bugatti01: Thank u all for useful and candid advice, it's all been very helpful.
I'm beginning to buy the idea of self-learning thru books, ebooks, websites & youtube.
But let me quickly give a brief summary of my IT story, maybe it will help u advice me better...
I have a very strong passion for IT most especially programming & web design but my job and lack of the right advice had slowed me down over the years. Now I'm ready to venture into it big time but I'm still not very sure wat aspects or courses exactly I should be learning. I'm not looking to be employed with it, rather I need it to be able to actualize some ideas that I have been nursing for a while now, most of which are centered around designing/developing certain complex/dynamic websites which will surely require some good knowledge of programming in addition to web design.

if i were to advice sombody new to programming, i'd say expect to be in a haze for a long while until u can attain d programmer's mindset.
It's d programmers mindset tht makes d difference and there's no book tht teaches it, i'd peg it @ 3 years of intense solo effort bf it begins to come together . Sounds pessimistic but you'll agree in hind sight.
The exceptions ar ppl who hav a rigorous scientifc/logical background (math,physics,engineerg), or who hav prior programming experience.
After that u can evolve ur study path on ur own.

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by rafellove: 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Nascimento(m): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
kambo:

if i were to advice sombody new to programming, i'd say expect to be in a haze for a long while until u can attain d programmer's mindset.
It's d programmers mindset tht makes d difference and there's no book tht teaches it, i'd peg it @ 3 years of intense solo effort bf it begins to come together . Sounds pessimistic but you'll agree in hind sight.
The exceptions ar ppl who hav a rigorous scientifc/logical background (math,physics,engineerg), or who hav prior programming experience.
After that u can evolve ur study path on ur own.

Don't forget to mention the sensory-overload. Your brain starts mixing things up like when u are turn ur stew. Lolz. E no easy.

1 Like

Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by pumpindkay(m): 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/index.html

Begin to open new tabs and windows no one teaches better than^.

I am not a java programmer, but I enjoy reading those tutorials and apply those gained concept in my .net project.

check this out - Who can teach class & object better than this:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/javaOO/classes.html
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by eDoc: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
pumpindkay:
If u need certificate go to school, but that won't make u a pro. But if u need d real knowledge pick a book like[b] Paul Deitel[/b] or wrox 'how to program[b][/b]' and alot of google search, site like codeproject, msdn is very rich in content though it is basic microsoft's language like f# c# vb.net and others like c++, javascript. That is how i learnt mine and i am really doing good.

deitel how to program in c#,java,vb,javascript,
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by eDoc: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by eDoc: 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bugatti01:
Hi everyone, does anyone know the best school/institute to learn java in lagos? Putting into consideration a reasonable tuition fee, best teachers, good location, international recognition, best infrastructures etc

I'll really appreciate suggestions from the learned nairaland IT community.
Tnx.

google thenewboston java playlist,he has beginners level and intermediate level java,AN eye opener

i like this guy too
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAF3anQEEkzQPQv3FAhIuSWrepTayQJpL

this should be the newboston tut
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS1QulWo1RIbfTjQvTdj8Y6yyq4R7g-Al

https://www.youtube.com/user/bjhecker/playlists
Also awesome tut by a lady

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ooVrP1hQOHb4bxoHauWVwNg4FweDItZ
by an indian guy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdE6x7w0cBLOIdbbfGoXust7aKatLnSm3
java throught blueJ ide

https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-java-programming--cs046
I love this too.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS1QulWo1RIbfTjQvTdj8Y6yyq4R7g-Al
by another indian brilliant guy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE2CE09D83EE3E28
newboston

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsyeobzWxl7oZ-fxDYkOToURHhMuWD1BK
i haven't look at this,but seems o.k

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9DF6E4B45C36D411
cave of programming,he also has a nice course on andriod

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr6-GrHUlVf9SIx5cDhoEMknias5Xyv67
haven't looked at this either.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDAA5DE54FB5215EC
mybringback nice too

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyRiRUsTyUXhUXoOPEdMZWhGpGeSQFZgH
micheal fudge

I dropped this links to make you know that all you need is an internet connection,your brain,time,dedication and motivation.
Cheers
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by ijeezlux(m): 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
pumpindkay:
If u need certificate go to school, but that won't make u a pro. But if u need d real knowledge pick a book like Paul Deitel or wrox 'how to program' and alot of google search, site like codeproject, msdn is very rich in content though it is basic microsoft's language like f# c# vb.net and others like c++, javascript. That is how i learnt mine and i am really doing good.

of all the comments I have read I here, this is the one I love most.. all I learnt in programming I learnt them my self. back then I was reading some c++ eBook I downloaded from the Internet but I was not really satisfy with them cos they were only explaining the surface of programming to me, then somebody recommended one of Dietel's textbook to me "How to program C++"... when I bought and read the book that was when I knew the real concept in programming. sorry if I may ask do u write codes with c++?
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by ijeezlux(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
abbey621:
As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.

that's good, so which language do u program with
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by abbey621(m): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
ijeezlux:

that's good, so which language do u program with

I'm proficient with Java and Python. I'm getting better at Ruby because I do a lot of back end coding.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by pumpindkay(m): 12:11am On Mar 28, 2016
ijeezlux:

of all the comments I have read I here, this is the one I love most.. all I learnt in programming I learnt them my self. back then I was reading some c++ eBook I downloaded from the Internet but I was not really satisfy with them cos they were only explaining the surface of programming to me, then somebody recommended one of Dietel's textbook to me "How to program C++"... when I bought and read the book that was when I knew the real concept in programming. sorry if I may ask do u write codes with c++?

c# and VB.net
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by ijeezlux(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
abbey621:

I'm proficient with Java and Python. I'm getting better at Ruby because I do a lot of back end coding.

am into c++ and Python ....but I focus more on c++ cos I have fallen so much in love with it. well someday I hope enhanced my programming knowledge and also get some certification in USA. how's programming like over their in USA?
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by abbey621(m): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
ijeezlux:

am into c++ and Python ....but I focus more on c++ cos I have fallen so much in love with it. well someday I hope enhanced my programming knowledge and also get some certification in USA. how's programming like over their in USA?

very competitive! It's always changing.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by ijeezlux(m): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2016
abbey621:

very competitive! It's always changing.
OK . thanks
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Fulaman198(m): 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
edx.org has some good java courses from beginner to intermediate. Here are a couple:

https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UC3Mx+IT.1.1x+3T2015/info

https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HKUSTx+COMP102.1x+4T2015/info

Both are very good Java online courses. Or you can ask questions here, I'll try to help as best as I can. These courses from edx also have sequels as well.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by Richardfred(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2016
hrmhercules:
Please i need the address to Aptech..can anyone help with me it..would be very greatful.
I will advise you to go to their website-http://www.aptech-ng.com

Regards.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by originalhuman: 8:37am On Aug 08, 2016
javadoctor:
Please cme to my school,MIT Solutions. 360 rd muritala mohammed way yaba,we r d best in lagos,currently,I train Oracle java from se to enterprise edition,I'm proud to say One of Oracle masters in africa of which.there r only four,trains Oracle there,I wrk wit him ,java/Oracle. Ican assure u we hv done a lot of project2gethr.front end to backend,I worked in ecobank hq application software,building solution portals and rapid transfer gross system b4 I resigned,nw I work on my own.I dnt beg people to join,but if u really want to b up to speed ,cal me.

N.b: did I mention I went to niit and cldnt afford al d fees so I dropped out? I sleep,eat,live java now.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by GCG(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
Bugatti01:
Hi everyone, does anyone know the best school/institute to learn java in lagos? Putting into consideration a reasonable tuition fee, best teachers, good location, international recognition, best infrastructures etc

I'll really appreciate suggestions from the learned nairaland IT community.
Tnx.

If you want International recognition, go write Java Certification. But if you want to learn Java as a beginner, visit Blessed Brains Academy, Ikeja, Lagos. Get their contact from their website. www.blessedbrainsacademy.com
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by BigFabian(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
abbey621:
As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.

Sorry to come in here Abbey. There are Nigerians and even Nigerian schools that teach and understand the basics of Java Programming. The white man's knowledge on the internet is going confuse you. If you think you'd spend less, learning via the internet, I bet you, if you were given a PC to practically what you've been taught, you would flop. You won't even know how to declare a variable, talk more of functions.

Even in the US, these technologies are not easy to come by so please don't bring down the value we have here in Nigeria.

Don't see those men that teach from a book and all as scam. That's the best way to go about it. No one can stay he is a programming master, it's a process.

Learning a programming language like Java is best for beginners, because having gone through the headache of understanding programming concepts the hard way, other programming languages would be like a cup of tea.

By the way, I'm a software engineer here in Lagos, and I can tutor you on the basis of Java programming language PRACTICALLY.

All you need to have is a laptop and internet and we good to go. You can reach me via email: chidubemkingsley49@gmail.com or place a call through @ 08026174033 (Whatsapp too).

Thanks and I wish you success on your journey as a programmer.
Re: Best School To Learn Java In Lagos by abbey621(m): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2021
BigFabian:

Sorry to come in here Abbey. There are Nigerians and even Nigerian schools that teach and understand the basics of Java Programming. The white man's knowledge on the internet is going confuse you. If you think you'd spend less, learning via the internet, I bet you, if you were given a PC to practically what you've been taught, you would flop. You won't even know how to declare a variable, talk more of functions.

Even in the US, these technologies are not easy to come by so please don't bring down the value we have here in Nigeria.

Don't see those men that teach from a book and all as scam. That's the best way to go about it. No one can stay he is a programming master, it's a process.

Learning a programming language like Java is best for beginners, because having gone through the headache of understanding programming concepts the hard way, other programming languages would be like a cup of tea.

By the way, I'm a software engineer here in Lagos, and I can tutor you on the basis of Java programming language PRACTICALLY.

All you need to have is a laptop and internet and we good to go. You can reach me via email: chidubemkingsley49@gmail.com or place a call through @ 08026174033 (Whatsapp too).

Thanks and I wish you success on your journey as a programmer.

Sorry but you jumped the gun, go back and read my comment, surely you've quoted the wrong guy. Learn Java from you? Stop it grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viewing And Creating Reports In Java - Share Ur Experiences / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022) / Why Africa May Never Produce A Facebook, Groupon, Zynga Or Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.