Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? (17019 Views)

Biker Arrives His Wedding In Style (Photo, Video) / Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Mom007(f): 4:11pm On Jan 30
Love800:
Okay.
Nice.

But my point is, u said it was ur aunt frying akara dat prepared ur wedding food. She has already gotten the zeal and passion for cooking, dat was why it was possible. She is into food things(akara), dat was why she was able to organize it.
Assuming it was just a random person who does not do cooking as a career, do you think it will be possible?
Well, I think every one has that one aunt, or church member or neighbour or whatever that can do it. Just like everyone has that one person that can bake cakes. If you don't, Pele. You will have to hire olopo to cook for you.ĺ
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by princemillla(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30
Penboy:

Your number please

081 1364 80 92
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30
Hmm.

Okay.
Nazgul:

You're not getting it...I'd rather pay a professional caterer than have a family member cook for me.

How much does a caterer want to charge you, at most 5-7k per plate.

Your family member would charge you double the cost of the food so as to make profit, then keep half of it for themselves. Would you call that saving cost?
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 6:33pm On Jan 30
Okay.

Am just happy u got my point.

But i want to ask. So are caterers fading out of business? Is like no one call dem again for occassion or event.
Mom007:

Well, I think every one has that one aunt, or church member or neighbour or whatever that can do it. Just like everyone has that one person that can bake cakes. If you don't, Pele. You will have to hire olopo to cook for you.ĺ
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Mom007(f): 9:34pm On Jan 30
Love800:
Okay.

Am just happy u got my point.

But i want to ask. So are caterers fading out of business? Is like no one call dem again for occassion or event.

Those people are evil! If I tell you what they tried to do at my elder sisters wedding ern... I learnt that day not to hire any for mine! They tried to steal full 2 coolers of fried beef! After killing full cow, they insisted that only their uniformed personnel would serve and refused help from my numerous cousins and aunts who wanted to help . They were slow and the guests were already getting antsy only for them to start saying meat was finished half way, not knowing that me I don dey watch them since and I no get joy! I gathered 2 of my brothers and raided the hall they were in and unearthed the coolers of meat! Na so i change am for them o! I told them to get out! They one they have done is OK. They said what of their coolers and plates? I told them to return the next day. When they saw that their plan to steal meat don cast, they now surrendered the other things they stole. Full bag of fufu, coolervof jollof rice, the whole pot of efo riro... as in the whole pot! They were only serving egusi, they just hid the efo riro so they would go with it. I have never seen that kind ot thing before! We ended up serving the food ourselves and everyone ate n drank to satisfaction with 1 and half cooler of meat remaining. Would have called police for them sef but my Dad said one doesn't make trouble on their wedding day.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by Love800(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30
Okay.
This is scary.
So caterers usually come with a team?
I thought the person in charge of cooking it will prepare the food at his/her catering kitchen, then transport it to the venue on the wedding day and go back home.
But wait o, is it a must dat the caterer will be the one to serve the food?
Mom007:

Those people are evil! If I tell you what they tried to do at my elder sisters wedding ern... I learnt that day not to hire any for mine! They tried to steal full 2 coolers of fried beef! After killing full cow, they insisted that only their uniformed personnel would serve and refused help from my numerous cousins and aunts who wanted to help . They were slow and the guests were already getting antsy only for them to start saying meat was finished half way, not knowing that me I don dey watch them since and I no get joy! I gathered 2 of my brothers and raided the hall they were in and unearthed the coolers of meat! Na so i change am for them o! I told them to get out! They one they have done is OK. They said what of their coolers and plates? I told them to return the next day. When they saw that their plan to steal meat don cast, they now surrendered the other things they stole. Full bag of fufu, coolervof jollof rice, the whole pot of efo riro... as in the whole pot! They were only serving egusi, they just hid the efo riro so they would go with it. I have never seen that kind ot thing before! We ended up serving the food ourselves and everyone ate n drank to satisfaction with 1 and half cooler of meat remaining. Would have called police for them sef but my Dad said one doesn't make trouble on their wedding day.
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by hunee: 1:15pm On Feb 13
@Rocktation please check your email
Re: Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? by EEIA: 6:34pm On Feb 16
Johel:

You'll still spend more than 1M though.... at least 2.8M minimum

let me break it down for you.
10kg rice,
Vegetables for salad + salad dressing (Mayonnaise)
Eight 10 weeks old chicken (cut 8 pieces per chicken),
Soft drinks,

Church wedding will cost me nothing as par catholic.
Reception will be at my house. I have a sizable residence.

I know where to get chairs and tables for the brief sit out which the reception will be and it will be straight to the point. Reception is for food and refreshment. just music and food.

so what else will I spend on for the wedding?
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID / Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Summer Bbq Was A Success!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.